Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation

Default New horse racing whip rules inforce today

Riders are allowed a maximum eight strokes of the whip in jumps races and seven on the Flat, with penalties for riders who break the regulations.

Jockeys could lose riding fees and some prize money if they breach the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) rules.

Only five strokes are allowed in the last furlong or from the final jump.

If a rider is handed a suspension of three days or more by the stewards for a whip violation, a financial penalty will be automatically triggered.

Additionally it will become an offence for any owner or trainer to reimburse their rider from their own winnings.

Jockeys already use air-cushioned whips to minimise the impact on horses, but an extensive review of their use began last November.

When announced in late September, the new rules appeared to be broadly welcomed by jockeys including Tony McCoy and Frankie Dettori.

But many riders are opposed to the automatic forfeiture of their riding fee and percentage of any winnings when incurring a whip ban of three days or more.

Green Rep Goons
    Us Man We Make The Neg Trains Boom
    Reppin
    Wembley

What the fuck is this PC bollocks, it's a fucking 8 foot long, 6 foot tall, 2 foot wide horse, a tiny little guy hitting it widda "air cushioned" whip ain't gonna do fuck all tbh. It's a fucking animal, who gives a shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Scott Disick View Post
    I ain't African/Caribbean best believe I'm as moist as they come fam.

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation

the BHA are idiots this wasn't needed and could ruin this sport all it will add is corruption i personally wont be betting at least till the weekend till i can watch and get a understanding of how the new rule will work

Day 1 and theres been 2 bans already

Kieren Fox and Richard Hughes were the first jockeys to fall foul of new whip guidelines set out by the British Horseracing Authority, which came into effect on Monday.

Fox, who claims 3lb, was handed a 15-day ban at Salisbury after hitting Orthodox Lad 11 times - seven times in the final furlong - when winning the Bathwick Tyres Salisbury Handicap by a short head.

Hughes was given five days after finishing third on Swift Blade, who was adjudged to have been hit six times inside the final furlong during the same race.
    for punters the main concerns are

1. all those quirky but talented horses are virtually unbackable anymore McCoy can urge a horse along for 3 miles without whipping him but how many jockeys are as strong as him? Horses that dont travel but find for pressure will struggle to be with any sort of a chance unless you have a damn strong jockey riding for you which is not always the case

2. Jockeys wont ride out a finish if they dont want to get a ban which can only lead to false results and fluke winners

3. Sometimes there are horses that arent focused and jumping badly but as soon as you hit them once or twice early in the race they correct their jumping under the new rules you might see this type of horses falling or being pulled up after blundering several flights

Green Rep Goons
    Reppin
    Wembley

To relate to football, it's like outlawing passing more than 8 times in one move, cah it's cruel to the other team.
    It is literally that moronic.

Reppin
    The North

Quote Originally Posted by Plak View Post
    To relate to football, it's like outlawing passing more than 8 times in one move, cah it's cruel to the other team.
    It is literally that moronic.
    lol not really it's more like outlawing punching the opposition goalkeeper in the face at a free kick..........

Green Rep Goons
    Reppin
    Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyMan View Post
    lol not really it's more like outlawing punching the opposition goalkeeper in the face at a free kick..........
    Whipping the horse incites it to run faster, or get focussed or some shit. It's required. I don't see what this shit has stemmed from, and I bet they still kill lame horses.

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation

racing is in serious crisis when u have jockeys saying they would of won a race if they could of used the whip one more time in the final furlong or forgot how many times they have used the whip in the race and not wanting to risk a 10 day ban

it many sound easy counting to 7 during a race but its not when youre going at that speed going between horses switching your horse and trying to win the race trying to count is easier said than done if youve got horses hanging into you or your horse is hanging it's even harder
    You are trying to concentrate and work on your horse to get the best possible position, as well as trying to think about how many times you have to hit it.

'That one slap can take make a difference and I think that's wrong. They (new rules) are here now, but I think they should look at the penalties.

Officially A Fully Pledged
    Grime Forum Member
    Reppin
    Doncaster/Nottingham

What a load of bollocks.

If the previous whip regulations were really so hard on the horse, how come most racehorses seem happy, healthy beasts?
    He who fucks nuns will later join the church.

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation

Default three mile chase deemed almost the same as a five furlong sprint, with only one more

Quote Originally Posted by Guerillatoker View Post
    What a load of bollocks.

If the previous whip regulations were really so hard on the horse, how come most racehorses seem happy, healthy beasts?
    exactly mate it all started with the 2011 Grand National where the winner Ballabriggs was hit 15 times after the final fence to point out there was no marks left on the horse and he was fine after now jockeys and trainers both agreed there was grey areas in the old rules where there was no set amount of times u could strike the horse and that needed to be outlawed

but these new rules are not what is needed after they based them on this which is beyond a joke

"women and those with no interest in Racing - instinctively disagree with the use of the whip and think current penalties are too lenient."

and in these new rules a three mile chase is deemed almost the same as a five furlong sprint with only one more hit with the whip allowed despite having to travel nearly five times as far

even the owners of the horses where jockeys have been banned for over using the whip think the rules are wrong

Connections of Orthodox Lad have leapt to the defence of jockey Kieren Fox, who was suspended 15 days at Salisbury on Monday.

But Steve Nunn, spokesman for Orthodox Lad's owners, SN Racing II, felt his punishment was severe.

He said: "We love our horses and don't want to hurt them in any way.

"Kieren gets on well with the horse and we know he is an out-and-out galloper - he doesn't have many gears - and needs a bit of help.

"I spoke to the guys after the race and they said he (Orthodox Lad) was bouncing after the race.

"I'm completely happy with how it was handled. I feel for Kieren. Kieren is not an aggressive rider. He would accept he would get banned, but this is too harsh.

"What it comes to is that there is a chance that the horse might not have won yesterday and that affects little men like me.
    and on Saturday is Champions Day one of the best meetings this country has ever hosted with record prize money on offer and some of the best horses in the world competing and i feel it could be a disaster

and 11 more jockeys got bans today
    Last edited by BIGDON; 12th October '11 at 10:07 PM.

easier to lay horses now lol

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    easier to lay horses now lol
    lol yeah surpose mate definitely alot less favourites have been winning

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation

Richard Hughes has given up his riding licence after receiving a second ban for misuse of the whip in four days at Kempton.
    Hughes received a five-day ban for hitting More Than Words too many times inside the final furlong in Kempton's 1920 race on Thursday evening.
    well done to the man and i really hope for the sake of the sport more jockeys and trainers do the same he has a duty to punters and owners to ride that horse with the best ability he can and under these new rules he cant do that

like he said its similar to a footballer being told during a half of the game u cant do more than 5 fouls if u do u miss the next 5 games and lose a weeks wages

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation

Jockeys set to strikeover whip fury on Monday

**MADNESS**