Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Is UK Hip Hop

  1. #1
    Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires

    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    4,258
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Is UK Hip Hop

    too one sided??? Its always drug/road related. So much to the point people actually call it road rap instead of UK Hip Hop. It just doesn't deliver the same creativity/diversity as US hip hop did when it was growing and at its peak. I love UK music but the UK rappers need to be more creative/diverse. And no that doesn't mean making pop music.
    Last edited by TrueGrimeMan; 28th August '10 at 04:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    Grimecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Reppin
    Your mums yard
    Posts
    4,324
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    i don't have an issue with Road Rap- i prefer listening to it then listening to MC's going on about t-shirts, computers, how good they are, women or raving.

  3. #3
    Grime Forum OG
    Join Date
    January 2006
    Posts
    15,898
    Rep Power
    10000

    Default

    TBH I have no problem with what Scorcher/Wretch/etc are making and that's not drug dealer music.

  4. #4
    Grime Forum Regular Billionaire Playboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Posts
    6,274
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueGrimeMan View Post
    too one sided??? Its always drug/road related. So much to the point people actually call it road rap instead of UK Hip Hop. It just doesn't delivery the same creativity/diversity as US hip hop did when it was growing and at its peak. I love UK music but the UK rappers need to be more creative/diverse. And no that doesn't mean making pop music.
    Ah man if you only heard Fem Fel's album...

    There are artists that are maturing, and more people are coming around to the idea of concepts in songs
    uk rap / road rap fan?
    get at me

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    Meyer Lansky's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Reppin
    Grodno
    Posts
    4,988
    Rep Power
    127

    Default

    Just be diverse with what you listen to, if that makes sense. There are plenty of uk rappers out there that dont talk about that stuff.
    One of the most powerful and richest of U.S. crime syndicate chiefs and bankers, who had major interests in gambling, especially in Florida, pre-Castro Cuba,Las Vegas, and the Bahamas.

  7. #7
    Type To Me Properly
    Type To Me Like I'm One Of Dem Guys

    Join Date
    February 2010
    Reppin
    LDN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,243
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Not really. Grimeforum members just prefer road rap.

  8. #8
    Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires

    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    4,258
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimecraft View Post
    i don't have an issue with Road Rap- i prefer listening to it then listening to MC's going on about t-shirts, computers, how good they are, women or raving.
    Well that seems like a Grime comparison. I'm talking about US Hip Hop at its peak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    TBH I have no problem with what Scorcher/Wretch/etc are making and that's not drug dealer music.
    I don't have a problem with it being drug dealer music. I'll pump dat shit all day. My problem is - Its not bringing the same creativity/diversity as US rappers did. Correct me if im wrong but Scorcher makes that moist shit which still comes under the cliché banner for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by FourSite View Post
    Ah man if you only heard Fem Fel's album...

    There are artists that are maturing, and more people are coming around to the idea of concepts in songs
    Never heard of him still. Any songs to post?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meyer Lansky View Post
    Just be diverse with what you listen to, if that makes sense. There are plenty of uk rappers out there that dont talk about that stuff.
    I am diverse I just wanna to hear the diversity from the UK. Any one to recommend?
    Last edited by TrueGrimeMan; 28th August '10 at 04:18 PM.

  9. #9
    Grime Forum OG Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Posts
    13,507
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueGrimeMan View Post
    Any one to recommend?
    scroll up a little
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    hi m8y
    .

  10. #10
    Threads Get Mangled HeaviestHookUps's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueGrimeMan View Post

    Any one to recommend?
    Yeah:

    Jehst
    Braintax
    Supar Novar
    Kyza
    Ricta
    Fliptrix
    Kashmere
    Blak Twang
    Mr Drastick
    M9
    Sonny Jim
    Big Cakes
    Micall Parknsun
    Genesis Elijah
    Context MC
    Million Dan
    Iron Braydz
    Mr Ti2bs
    Reain
    Dr Syntax
    Stig Of The Dump
    Enlish
    etc etc

    Do your research. Road Rap isn't all the UK hip hop that's about.

  11. #11
    Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires

    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    4,258
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeaviestHookUps View Post
    Yeah:

    Jehst
    Braintax
    Supar Novar
    Kyza
    Ricta
    Fliptrix
    Kashmere
    Blak Twang
    Mr Drastick
    M9
    Sonny Jim
    Big Cakes
    Micall Parknsun
    Genesis Elijah
    Context MC
    Million Dan
    Iron Braydz
    Mr Ti2bs
    Reain
    Dr Syntax
    Stig Of The Dump
    Enlish
    etc etc

    Do your research. Road Rap isn't all the UK hip hop that's about.
    I don't distinguish between road rap and hip hop. Its all UK hip hop to me. Safe for the list though. I'mma look into them.

  12. #12
    "Check my attitude...give cats the food!"
    iDonate Tony Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    25,553
    Rep Power
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeaviestHookUps View Post
    Yeah:

    Jehst
    Braintax
    Supar Novar
    Kyza
    Blak Twang
    Big Cakes
    Genesis Elijah


    Do your research. Road Rap isn't all the UK hip hop that's about.
    the only ones ive heard of
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokia View Post
    Thats because I assume every poster on here IS white, unless I see ID

    Too many Dave's trying to be Jermaine.....

  13. #13
    I Ain't One Of Those Posters
    That You Wanna Go Against
    -Lee-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Reppin
    DST - The South West
    Posts
    1,802
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    It's all the same under the "genre", but we all know the content/flow differentiates in a big way.

    I'm a fan of "road rap", but I also love Hip-Hop with a good beat & nice flow to it. Which I find hard to find within the UK Scene.
    Sewerside/DST

  14. #14
    Grime Forum Regular The Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Reppin
    Uxbridge road
    Posts
    7,362
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    foursite what's fel's album saying?

    i know a guy who's been engineering for him for years who's always going on about him but i never got it tbh

  15. #15
    Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires

    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    4,258
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Lee- View Post
    It's all the same under the "genre", but we all know the content/flow differentiates in a big way.

    I'm a fan of "road rap", but I also love Hip-Hop with a good beat & nice flow to it. Which I find hard to find within the UK Scene.

    Which is kind of my point. The only reason its called Road Rap is because well....thats all they talk about. When in reality its UK Hip Hop - just these guys aren't being very creative. Its still music at the end of the day.

  16. #16
    Grime Forum Regular Billionaire Playboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Posts
    6,274
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    foursite what's fel's album saying?

    i know a guy who's been engineering for him for years who's always going on about him but i never got it tbh
    And you wont until its out... in December, check his older stuff tho, he a legend
    uk rap / road rap fan?
    get at me

  17. #17
    Threads Get Mangled HeaviestHookUps's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Tony View Post
    the only ones ive heard of
    Fuck it, here's vids of some of the others then:
    These are the best 5 imo

    Fliptrix - He Who Dares

    Click here to watch the video on YouTube.

    Dr. Syntax - Hire Me

    Click here to watch the video on YouTube.

    Micall Parknsun - All 4 Hip Hop

    Click here to watch the video on YouTube.

    Ricta - Rock Caps

    Click here to watch the video on YouTube.

    Kashmere - Playing With Fire

    Click here to watch the video on YouTube.

    5 of the dopest UK Hip Hop tunes.
    And if you still can't distinguish between this and road rap, well, there's something wrong...

  18. #18
    I'm Levels Above It's Blatant
    Now Check My Punctuation
    FlickmaniaCorleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    Hmm...but... "scorcher - it's my time" >>>>>

    xD

    CHASING PAPER TELL THAT PAPER "LOOK! I'M RIGHT BEHIND YA!"
    REAL G'S MOVE IN SILENCE LIKE LASAGNA!

  19. #19
    Cool... Seen
    This Thread Won't Be Big In The Scene!
    22 Negs On Your Post... Seen
    CTC.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    3,783
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    basically what HeaviestHookUps said.

    its still polar opposites though.

    Road Rap - drug dealing, drawing gash and getting money

    the UK Hip-Hop he suggested - Doing drugs, some 'road' stuff (usually robbery or burglary/graffiti was a big theme too), being the best lyricist, lot of political stuff.

    but as mentioned it's different styles under the same genre, the beats are different usually more bouncy influenced by 90s eastcoast as oppposed to the dirty south beats of road rap etc.

    basically what i'm trying to say is, theres other stuff out there but its not as similar as people are making out so you might not like it.

    also i have a feeling Road Rap will evolve, when theres too many rappers, lyricists will have to step up their game, thats what makes hip-hop good, the natural selection of competition.

    /essay

  20. #20
    "Check my attitude...give cats the food!"
    iDonate Tony Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    25,553
    Rep Power
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTC. View Post
    also i have a feeling Road Rap will evolve, when theres too many rappers, lyricists will have to step up their game, thats what makes hip-hop good, the natural selection of competition.
    Truth

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •