Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Came From The Bottom To The Top RJKV's Avatar
    Reppin
    cups of tea

Default Man United looking THREAD-bare up front?

With Ronaldo's move soon to be completed i would of thought, Tevez' departure seeming to be just a technicality and reports of Frazier Campbell being allowed to leave for about 6 mill don't Man United look like they are going to have some problems next season?

I know Fraizer Campbell is just a young player but that leaves Rooney and Berbatov as the two experienced strikers and players like Wellbeck and Macheda for first choice subsitute to my knowlegde anyway. And Rooney has been turned into a kind of left winger who drifts in so Man United look quite weak in the goal scoring department to me.

But i am an Arsenal fan and don't know about their whole squad and would like to think Man United are going down hill, but knowing this Sir Alex will probably pull out a few good signings and Ronaldo and Tevez will eventually be forgotten like Beckham and others who thought they were bigger then the club (that being directed at Ronaldo, not Tevez).

I've heard they want Antonio Valencia and he's a good player but any new rumours or just any players you would try to buy to fill this hole left by Ronaldo and Tevez is/when they leave?

I think Benzema has ruled out a move for this season atleast and Villa has said he would prefer Madrid so what options are left, maybe Aguero or Fabiano lwho is performing well.

Don't watch the bad pun in the title
    Condemn me. It does not matter. History will absolve me.

It's gonna be interesting to see what Fergie does

Officially A Fully Pledged
    Grime Forum Member
    Reppin
    Arsenal.... And?!?

I agree with XtraP, it will be interesting to see what he does. Ronaldo was 20-30 goals a season for them. It's not gonna be easy to find that.

I've said a couple of times I don't think they are as strong, with Ronaldo or without, as people make out but this will be a real test for Fergie

Reppin
    Hull

Fergies big problem is that everyone knows that

a) He has lots of money to spend
    b) He needs a striker or 2

This doesn't give him the manouverability that he normally has, like say with the berbatov transfer.

I'm suprised they haven't considered making a move for Owen, for a free transfer its hardly a gamble
    The Myth

Tevez was the guy that always popped up with important goals

"Check my attitude...give cats the food!"

Owen is a waste of wage tbh

Reckon fergies just waiting for the market to die down and the teams who need/want to sell will emerge

Came From The Bottom To The Top RJKV's Avatar
    Reppin
    cups of tea

If Man United don't make a big signing of a striker do you think they will win the Premiership next year? Just wondering as i know the possibility of Fergie not replacing anyone is very low but still, i think they won't, not underestimating them really as they don't have a in and out goal scorer at the moment if Tevez and Ronaldo leave.
    Condemn me. It does not matter. History will absolve me.

A lot depends on what Chelsea and Liverpool do if United win the league. If Liverpool refuse to attack until March again and Chelsea sink under another new manager, then United will win it.

What should be worrying for English football is everyone is talking about how Man Utd's midfield isn't good enough, but they comfortably won the Premiership.

An Essien-type driving midfielder and a centre-forward are a must IMO. But quality isn't easy to come by.

Reppin
    Hull

Quote Originally Posted by (And Its) T!!!! View Post
    Owen is a waste of wage tbh

Reckon fergies just waiting for the market to die down and the teams who need/want to sell will emerge
    I think he'd be a decent 4th choice striker for them, you may be paying more wage-wise but you'll save that by not having to pay a transfer fee
    The Myth

Never Been Timid Jack Man Everyday Blatant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quality View Post
    A lot depends on what Chelsea and Liverpool do if United win the league. If Liverpool refuse to attack until March again and Chelsea sink under another new manager, then United will win it.
    call me mad but i think arsenal might surprise, look what we did in the season before last, they're slowly learning and if we can sort out our weaknesses (Good CBs, Good holding CM, shooting more and keeping consistent till the end of the season) we can challenge for the title. Everyone slates players like Denilson but it was his first proper season and he's not that bad, i have a sneaky feeling that he might have a good season but i doubt it. Song impressed me and this season i feel he might be a big help, walcott is progressing nicely, Nasri had an okay season will be better this season, fabregas is class and he's only 21, 22, 23 (i dnt know his exact age) we have good talented strikers, ade (although lazy he is good), van persie and eduardo, and we have talented full backs, Gibbs, sagna and clichy

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Remember no matter how much money you have you will always be a N###a.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Man Everyday Blatant View Post
    call me mad but i think arsenal might surprise, look what we did in the season before last, they're slowly learning and if we can sort out our weaknesses (Good CBs, Good holding CM, shooting more and keeping consistent till the end of the season) we can challenge for the title. Everyone slates players like Denilson but it was his first proper season and he's not that bad, i have a sneaky feeling that he might have a good season but i doubt it. Song impressed me and this season i feel he might be a big help, walcott is progressing nicely, Nasri had an okay season will be better this season, fabregas is class and he's only 21, 22, 23 (i dnt know his exact age) we have good talented strikers, ade (although lazy he is good), van persie and eduardo, and we have talented full backs, Gibbs, sagna and clichy
    You had me(n/h) up untill "Everyone slates players like Denilson but it was his first proper season and he's not that bad" couldn't take you serioulsy after that comment, you're forgetting that he had a full season infact he played more games than any other Arsenal player, he's quite simply SHIT

Having said all that, I do believe that we will challenge next season but i'm glad people are writing us off, takes away some of the pressure.

With players like RVP, Fabregas and Arshavin obviously anything is possible. But that doesn't mean probable.

United won the league largely down to their defence, Arsenal's is nowhere near effective enough. I'd also question whether they have the consistency and strength of mind to get through those must win games (ie. Stoke).

There's definate talent there, so don't take that as Spurs fan hating. Need to keep the three I mentioned plus Walcott fit, find a commanding centre back and a decent CM.

Type To Me Properly
    Type To Me Like I'm One Of Dem Guys
    Reppin
    about tree fiddy

i agree, we defo need another striker. owen would be worth the gamble imo, plus hes played with rooney before for england. i think this season we are going to see how good some of our players really are tbh, they gotta step up and prove themselves (directed at berbatov, nani, anderson and rooney)
    Zinedine Zidane : "My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder."

It Don't Make Sense To Me
    Shit Posters Wanna Send For Me
    Reppin
    Manchester

United will be fine ... EVERYTIME united sell a big player the media blows it out of proportion like when Van N got sold ... everyone was like where are all the goals gonna come from?? .. United are not going to win anything & the 3 years he's left United have won 3 PL titles & a CL ... Ronaldo stepped up when RVN left & now hes going someone else will ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
    dont forget chipmunk ur a little oblong peanut coconut mango breadfruit head

Grime Forum Manager Administrator Hij's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless View Post
    United will be fine ... EVERYTIME united sell a big player the media blows it out of proportion like when Van N got sold ... everyone was like where are all the goals gonna come from?? .. United are not going to win anything & the 3 years he's left United have won 3 PL titles & a CL ... Ronaldo stepped up when RVN left & now hes going someone else will ...
    Its sick when you can blow shit loads of cash on the best players in the world, or a whole team of sick youth players just come through all at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Suarez is probably the best player in the world

God Forgive Me If I Press Enter Nxt Lvl's Avatar
    Reppin
    California

Quote Originally Posted by ben_ohare View Post
    i agree, we defo need another striker. owen would be worth the gamble imo, plus hes played with rooney before for england. i think this season we are going to see how good some of our players really are tbh, they gotta step up and prove themselves (directed at berbatov, nani, anderson and rooney)
    they should sign michael owen. he wouldnt have to start every game so it would probably keep him healthy which is usually his only issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdlwssPyrt View Post
    14? why's he saying he's grown up then lol? smh @ thinking he's old when he's 14

also, it's good to see Wiley found his brother, well done fam

Grime Forum Manager Administrator Hij's Avatar

If Owen joins United he'd officially be the biggest cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Suarez is probably the best player in the world

It Don't Make Sense To Me
    Shit Posters Wanna Send For Me
    Reppin
    Manchester

Yeh it was sick that a whole team of youth players came through but it wasn't just them that got Utd successful at the time during the 90's we were successful in the PL ... without spending that big on players & football is at a time now were you HAVE to spend big to be successfull over a long period of time
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
    dont forget chipmunk ur a little oblong peanut coconut mango breadfruit head

Came From The Bottom To The Top Rhymes.'s Avatar
    Reppin
    West

denilson played the whole season and got 7 assists, fab came in and got about 10 in the league, i dont know what denilson is used for tbh?