Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 202
  1. #1
    Super Moderator Xtra P's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    26,041
    Rep Power
    1305

    Default The Official Barcelona v Chelsea thread 1st leg

    Who will come out on top?




    This fixture will tell us more about Barca than Chelsea, it will let us know if they are the real deal this season.

  2. #2
    Grime Forum Manager Administrator Hij's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1987
    Age
    31
    Posts
    58,371
    Rep Power
    10000

    Default

    Barca always struggle against England teams

    1-1 written all over it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Suarez is probably the best player in the world

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Xtra P's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    26,041
    Rep Power
    1305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hij View Post
    Barca always struggle against England teams

    1-1 written all over it
    What I was thinking, spanish teams always look like world beaters n their own league but come unstuck when they come up against strong english teams, this will be a close game.

  4. #4
    Grime Forum Elite iDonate Eric Cantona's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    12,088
    Rep Power
    105

    Default

    I'm backing Barcelona to win tonight but Chelsea over the 2 legs
    when the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

  5. #5
    Grime Forum Elite quality's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Posts
    10,419
    Rep Power
    30418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XtraP View Post
    What I was thinking, spanish teams always look like world beaters n their own league but come unstuck when they come up against strong english teams, this will be a close game.
    You say 'always' but that's only over recent years. Barca beat an English team in the final and have looked decent against Chelsea before.

    I hope Barca win the treble, the league is looking dodgy now though. This should be a good game hopefully.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Xtra P's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    26,041
    Rep Power
    1305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quality View Post
    You say 'always' but that's only over recent years. Barca beat an English team in the final and have looked decent against Chelsea before.

    I hope Barca win the treble, the league is looking dodgy now though. This should be a good game hopefully.
    It took them untill the last tens minutes to beat a 10 man Arsenal.

    I think Barca will win the overal tie but it won't be as easy as alot of people are expecting, I hope it is though, i'd love to see Barca completely destroy chelsea tbh

  7. #7
    Grime Forum Elite quality's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Posts
    10,419
    Rep Power
    30418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XtraP View Post
    It took them untill the last tens minutes to beat a 10 man Arsenal.

    I think Barca will win the overal tie but it won't be as easy as alot of people are expecting, I hope it is though, i'd love to see Barca completely destroy chelsea tbh
    Yeah but finals are always a bit tight.

    I don't think it'll be easy either, Chelsea's main threat is their strength all over the pitch really.

  8. #8

    Banned
    Join Date
    February 2008
    Posts
    9,295
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Over the two legs, Chelsea will win

  9. #9
    Grit iDonate Brutes's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Reppin
    London
    Posts
    3,595
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Good-Fella View Post
    Over the two legs, Chelsea will win
    .

  10. #10
    "Check my attitude...give cats the food!"
    iDonate Tony Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    25,562
    Rep Power
    403

    Default

    lol @ everyone going against the obvious favourites and tryna cum with sum garth crooks analysis. Tipping the underdog for no apparent reason isnt a strong look
    weigh up the stats and facts...chelsea wont win

    everyone saying chelsea are gonna win wouldnt even put a fiver on them if they were 25-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokia View Post
    Thats because I assume every poster on here IS white, unless I see ID

    Too many Dave's trying to be Jermaine.....

  11. #11
    Custom User Title iSupport
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Reppin
    South East
    Posts
    14,070
    Rep Power
    83

    Default

    Barcelona will rip them to shreds.

  12. #12
    Came From The Bottom To The Top Rhymes.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Reppin
    West
    Posts
    2,133
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    depends on the defending of barca really, goals are guaranteed with barca, but the defending looked dodgy when they played valencia in the weekend. Alves and Puyol always perform, but pique and abidal im not totally sure about, and of course the dodgy goalkeeper. But when it comes to final, anything can happen, its not a two legged game, the fans matter alot aswell, If Arsenal get to the final, i think they would hav more of a chance than Chelsea would against them, even though Chelse cant play Barca in the finals. 90 Minutes, anything can happen.

  13. #13
    Grime Forum Elite quality's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Posts
    10,419
    Rep Power
    30418

    Default

    I think Puyol is one of the most overated players in the world.

    That said, you have to get the ball off Barca to score. They have the best defensive record in La Liga anyway.

  14. #14
    Grime Forum Manager Administrator Hij's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1987
    Age
    31
    Posts
    58,371
    Rep Power
    10000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (And Its) T!!!! View Post
    lol @ everyone going against the obvious favourites and tryna cum with sum garth crooks analysis. Tipping the underdog for no apparent reason isnt a strong look
    weigh up the stats and facts...chelsea wont win

    everyone saying chelsea are gonna win wouldnt even put a fiver on them if they were 25-1
    Chelsea have a strong defence.

    I don't think they will win, but Chelsea/United/Liverpool and Arsenal are all infiniately more physical than this Barcelona team. If Chelsea get into them and win a few fair slide tackles they could peg them back a little bit.

    If Drogba starts he could be a nuiscance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Suarez is probably the best player in the world

  15. #15
    Grime Forum OG GrimmyGrimGrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,175
    Rep Power
    95

    Default

    swear they haven't beaten us 11vs11 in recent years

    Barca are overrated, they look good in the spanish league cos it's slow as fuck

    Messi won't do well against a solid English defence imo

    we'll just get Essien to man mark him anyway

  16. #16
    Grime Forum Elite quality's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Posts
    10,419
    Rep Power
    30418

    Default

    Yeah them solid English defences that conceed 3 against Bolton and 4 against Liverpool. Add that to the fact that Cech looks like he has no idea what he's doing.

  17. #17
    ja ja soze if you change ur american
    accent i will listen to you otherwise
    i cant hear ya realest talk from wiley
    iDonate FG's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Reppin
    South London
    Posts
    6,667
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimmyGrimGrim View Post
    Barca are overrated, they look good in the spanish league cos it's slow as fuck

    Messi won't do well against a solid English defence imo
    seen
    "Trust me London, about Real Deep. Where you going with Real Deep? You know what yeah can I say one thing London? I wanna say one thing. Roll Deep - Real Deep. Just check that out, check that out. Did he even try hard to start a new crew and start a new name? I know I'm carrying going on yeah but I'm not having it blud, I'm not having it. Hold tight Jamakabi, I'm not having it, I'm slewing you I said that."

  18. #18
    Run up ur mouth like ur chest is wide
    Leng man down from the side of the ride

    Join Date
    January 2008
    Reppin
    North East...England
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    barca to win 3-1
    Check my new beat showreel below:


    Until I say no to the mic,no to
    producing
    /im a convicted star its been proven

  19. #19
    Grime Forum Manager Administrator Hij's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1987
    Age
    31
    Posts
    58,371
    Rep Power
    10000

    Default

    I've seen Barca play Chelsea 4 times now. Have they ever actually battered them?

    This is besides the fact that I want Chelsea to lose. I just think the Barca hype is unjustified, or at least it is when we play them, we always beat Barca.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Suarez is probably the best player in the world

  20. #20
    Grit iDonate Brutes's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Reppin
    London
    Posts
    3,595
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Spanish defences are nothing like English defences.

    I would rather have Evertons, Fulham, n Villa's then most top teams in Spain.

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Chelsea Thread
    By Hij in forum Sports
    Replies: 1881
    Last Post: 19th April '17, 10:12 PM
  2. The official Chelsea racism thread
    By Mazer Rackham in forum Sports
    Replies: 408
    Last Post: 6th March '15, 02:11 PM
  3. The Official Arsenal Vs Chelsea FA Cup Semi Final Thread
    By Jack Man Everyday Blatant in forum Sports
    Replies: 272
    Last Post: 22nd April '09, 01:03 AM
  4. Man Utd v Chelsea Official Thread
    By DTI in forum Sports
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 12th January '09, 05:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •