Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    Grime Forum Elite< Pristine Condition's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    12,515
    Rep Power
    134

    Default English, European and now World Champions ..!!!

    SNM!!!


    Pissed about Vidic but .... pfff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Starks View Post
    Shouts to the guys ITT that can handle a woman with body. Only dogs want bones
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocat View Post
    Won't I need GPS all the time though? Isn't that what the internet is..
    Quote Originally Posted by IGotDoe,ICanLendYouAFiver View Post
    lol what's the point in remixing something in the same genre unless the original is completely shit
    My penis is very polite. Always stands up so a woman has a place to sit.

  2. #2
    I will continue with my wicked ways iDonate
    Super Moderator
    Grimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    39,148
    Rep Power
    360

    Default

    smh. global champions

  3. #3
    Grime Forum Elite iDonate Eric Cantona's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    12,087
    Rep Power
    106

    Default

    Official, nice
    when the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

  4. #4
    Grime Forum Elite< Pristine Condition's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    12,515
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
    smh. global champions
    *sighs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Starks View Post
    Shouts to the guys ITT that can handle a woman with body. Only dogs want bones
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocat View Post
    Won't I need GPS all the time though? Isn't that what the internet is..
    Quote Originally Posted by IGotDoe,ICanLendYouAFiver View Post
    lol what's the point in remixing something in the same genre unless the original is completely shit
    My penis is very polite. Always stands up so a woman has a place to sit.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator The Messiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Reppin
    The Ends
    Posts
    19,227
    Rep Power
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
    smh. global champions
    Agree. Has no real credibilty in the present format.

    Make it a proper knockout 16 team tournament. Start off with equal numbers of teams from each continent, then after a few years give them co-efficients based on the continents past performance. Then we'll get what we all really want to see: with 9 European sides, 3 South American sides and the North American, Asian and African Champions battling it out.

  6. #6
    Grime Forum Elite iDonate Eric Cantona's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    12,087
    Rep Power
    106

    Default

    Yeh i agree it's not a good format at the moment, there would be so better ways to play it and it has potential to be great tournament but i guess the European teams have no time to play in a seperate 16 team tournment in middle of the season, i reckon they should change it to the summer and play it same time a International World Cup would be played, maybe not have it every year also, obviously much smaller then 32 teams, 8/16 would be easy

    Anyway, it's still great to win this and i'm very happy that we have won it, with Liverpool losing it 3 years ago think it means more to us knowing that lol
    when the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

  7. #7
    "Check my attitude...give cats the food!"
    iDonate Tony Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    25,553
    Rep Power
    404

    Default

    Its just the title UTD are excited about cos everyone knows the quality and general prestige of the tournament is lacking

  8. #8
    Super Moderator The Messiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Reppin
    The Ends
    Posts
    19,227
    Rep Power
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0161 View Post
    Yeh i agree it's not a good format at the moment, there would be so better ways to play it and it has potential to be great tournament but i guess the European teams have no time to play in a seperate 16 team tournment in middle of the season, i reckon they should change it to the summer and play it same time a International World Cup would be played, maybe not have it every year also, obviously much smaller then 32 teams, 8/16 would be easy

    Anyway, it's still great to win this and i'm very happy that we have won it, with Liverpool losing it 3 years ago think it means more to us knowing that lol
    No way would clubs allow a second tournament after the World Cup. They moan about that as it is. Most of teh Chamipons League players are interantionals anyway so again, that tournament would look a bit shit.

    Actually better idea you hinted at Alex would be a tournament every 4 years in the year where ther's currently nothing happening. (2008 = Euros, 2009 = Confederations Cup, 2010 = World Cup, 2011 = Club World Cup). That way you could get the Champions League winners over 4 years in Europe, in Africa and Asia, they tend to be the same teams every year so that would reduce the pool from those continents.

  9. #9

    Banned
    Join Date
    February 2008
    Posts
    9,293
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Swear they was playing some sunday japanese teams?

    What happend to Vidic? If hes out for the season or summet, bad omens are back for UTD.

  10. #10
    I will continue with my wicked ways iDonate
    Super Moderator
    Grimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    39,148
    Rep Power
    360

    Default

    got sent off i think

  11. #11
    "Check my attitude...give cats the food!"
    iDonate Tony Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    25,553
    Rep Power
    404

    Default

    Vidic gonna miss 1st leg against inter

  12. #12
    Grime Forum Elite< Pristine Condition's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    12,515
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
    Swear they was playing some sunday japanese teams?
    Why do people dismiss this competition, the best team in each continent compete.


    Man Utd's Semi-Final opponents

    Gamba Osaka won the 2008 AFC Champions League title after winning 5-0 on aggregate and became the fifth Japanese club to win the maximum Asian title

    Final opponents

    LDU Quito are the reigning South American champions having won the 2008 Copa Libertadores. The title is the first one to be won by a team from Ecuador and the first international title won by a team from Ecuador.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Starks View Post
    Shouts to the guys ITT that can handle a woman with body. Only dogs want bones
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocat View Post
    Won't I need GPS all the time though? Isn't that what the internet is..
    Quote Originally Posted by IGotDoe,ICanLendYouAFiver View Post
    lol what's the point in remixing something in the same genre unless the original is completely shit
    My penis is very polite. Always stands up so a woman has a place to sit.

  13. #13

    Banned
    Join Date
    February 2008
    Posts
    9,293
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (And Its) T!!!! View Post
    Vidic gonna miss 1st leg against inter
    Little Jhonny Evans to fill in?

  14. #14
    Grime Forum Don Ryddel's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2008
    Posts
    8,473
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J_2_DA_A View Post
    Why do people dismiss this competition, the best team in each continent compete.
    Doesn't mean they are good.

    The Super Cup is probably a lot more prestigious than this, ok you can come up against Boca/River/Sao Paulo or Vasco whatever, but Zenit are probably a lot stronger than them and provide a tougher test, they may not be as technical but most UEFA Cup winners could get to a final in this Club Championship thing no hype
    I never really beat around the bush, beat my strap and hide a boy behind a bush

  15. #15
    Green Rep Goons
    Us Man We Make The Neg Trains Boom

    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    3,047
    Rep Power
    51

    Default

    yeah, kool.

  16. #16
    Grime Forum Elite< Pristine Condition's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    12,515
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
    Little Jhonny Evans to fill in?
    Good little player he has done well slotting in when needed.

    I'll be happy for him to start.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryddel View Post
    Doesn't mean they are good.

    The Super Cup is probably a lot more prestigious than this, ok you can come up against Boca/River/Sao Paulo or Vasco whatever, but Zenit are probably a lot stronger than them and provide a tougher test, they may not be as technical but most UEFA Cup winners could get to a final in this Club Championship thing no hype
    Of course not but they're all the best in that continent, like Man Utd are the best in Europe. We can only beat what is given to us.

    The Super Cup has been going on for x amount of years, it's bound to be the most prestigious. Like the FA Cup is to most football fans.

    Zenit were a stronger test, they beat us. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Starks View Post
    Shouts to the guys ITT that can handle a woman with body. Only dogs want bones
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocat View Post
    Won't I need GPS all the time though? Isn't that what the internet is..
    Quote Originally Posted by IGotDoe,ICanLendYouAFiver View Post
    lol what's the point in remixing something in the same genre unless the original is completely shit
    My penis is very polite. Always stands up so a woman has a place to sit.

  17. #17
    The reason Wiley capitulated. iSupport Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2003
    Reppin
    RWD
    Posts
    6,253
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    The format is rubbish but you never know, it could be regarded as a major honour in 10-15 years. The Champions League and World Cup were both dismissed by English fans for years.

  18. #18
    Officially A Fully Pledged
    Grime Forum Member

    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    im deffo not one to par teams other than mine, but this competition in the form that it now is is a joke ting
    united fans should allow their hype today, shits hilarious tbh

  19. #19
    Super Moderator The Messiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Reppin
    The Ends
    Posts
    19,227
    Rep Power
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    The format is rubbish but you never know, it could be regarded as a major honour in 10-15 years. The Champions League and World Cup were both dismissed by English fans for years.
    It is a major honour. It'll just never be regarded as one in it's current format. The English started paying attention to the Champions League when they started winning it. The current interest stems from the revamp of the competition they had in the early 90s. Now UEFA are raking in money from it.

    FIFA should learn and do the same.

  20. #20
    I Type Posts On Spiderman Rooftops Jammy-Jae's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Reppin
    [Slough Town]
    Age
    32
    Posts
    444
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    at least we've won something this year already... =)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17th April '17, 08:08 AM
  2. World cup or champions league?...
    By LeBcfc in forum Sports
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12th September '12, 07:40 PM
  3. Non English European Rap
    By Nxt Lvl in forum Other Genres
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 5th July '09, 10:49 PM
  4. How many English players are World Class???
    By Pristine Condition in forum Sports
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 9th August '08, 07:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •