https://www.soundcloud.com/deset Administrator Deset's Avatar
    Reppin
    Edgware

Question Site Suggestions

I know there's not many that visit the site, but for those that do, we're back online with no plans of going anywhere.

There were issues with our domain registrar which meant the domain expired for a few weeks, but fortunately it has now been renewed.

//

So I've seen some requests for improvements on the site.

Post in here what you'd like to see change on here, and depending on how feasible the changes are, I'll do them.

//

Changes I have done so far after bringing the site back online:
    - Implemented SSL
    - Removed CKE Editor and rolled back to standard text editor. It was not compatible with SSL.
    - Changed some BBCodes to be SSL Friendly.
    - Removed a LOT of old redundant styles. May remove the others, leaving just the Grime Forum OG style
    - Implemented ReCaptcha V2 to replace the Random Question as it's no longer secure
    - Added some more menu items to the top menu bar to make accessing other forums easier
    - Removed Donations from the menu. No longer needed. Any donators will still have their (pretty limited) privileges
    - Upgraded Tapatalk plugin/files
    - Moved it to PHP 7 from 5.6
    - Removed a whole load of spam users, but there's still more dotted around various threads, please do report those and I'll action.

I Make Posts On A Regular

serious respect, glad someone got it back up and running and made some improvements! BIG UP URSELF

Reppin
    Edgware

Thanks man

Reppin
    Edgware

Update 07-01-2019

Removed the horrible floating advert for mobile users. Very poor choice of location.

Just out of interest why do you think GF basically died in terms of threads/posts etc?
    I dont follow new grime at all really so for me new tracks/sets are of no interest whatsoever, but i recently joined reddit and follow the grime page on there which is fairly active. Has that just now become the main place to go to for grime fans?
    I dont see much difference in useability between the two 'forums' so one being easier to use or being easier on the eye to me atleast doesnt seem to be the issue.
    Kids nowadays are up to 'shit post' as much as us OG's used to do, so Random room to me should be poppin' and its obviously not.

Its sad to see a forum like this where i had many a laugh back in the day fall on its knees as it has done.

Grime Forum Elite iDonate

Quote Originally Posted by Arkan View Post
    Just out of interest why do you think GF basically died in terms of threads/posts etc?
    I dont follow new grime at all really so for me new tracks/sets are of no interest whatsoever, but i recently joined reddit and follow the grime page on there which is fairly active. Has that just now become the main place to go to for grime fans?
    I dont see much difference in useability between the two 'forums' so one being easier to use or being easier on the eye to me atleast doesnt seem to be the issue.
    Kids nowadays are up to 'shit post' as much as us OG's used to do, so Random room to me should be poppin' and its obviously not.

Its sad to see a forum like this where i had many a laugh back in the day fall on its knees as it has done.
    life is better without the forum

look at me I came here for a laugh and I'm already on my second post. E-crack is strong lol

hope all is good with you arkan

Reppin
    Edgware

Quote Originally Posted by Arkan View Post

IMO I think it's just a combination of lack of maintenance, emergence of better/more accessible platforms (such as Reddit etc), and older posters losing interest.

Any Guy

Social media. Most forums died once social media became dominant.

Is there a reason certain forums force you to log-in? It prevents archival of classic threads.

Grime Kid

what about a chat