Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61
  1. #1
    They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Reppin
    Brighton
    Age
    27
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Promoting yourself as a DJ

    Starting to try and promote myself as a DJ. Need some advice from the best as to how to go about this, got mixes on soundcloud but no idea how to get them played to the right people.

  2. #2
    They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Reppin
    Brighton
    Age
    27
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    link to my soundcloud for feedback and that

    https://soundcloud.com/rikkivanb

    link to my soundcloud for feedback and that

    https://soundcloud.com/rikkivanb

  3. #3
    God Forgive Me If I Press Enter
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Reppin
    NW 6
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    what do you use to mix
    [/QUOTE] Originally Posted by Yardie Nah never that. And I'm always learning and willing to be skooled but this has not occurred itt. Soz [/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtra P View Post
    @MrRiskoe schooled you cuddy, you had no valid comebacks for him now go listen to T pains greatest hits and cool off.
    Quote Originally Posted by diglett17 View Post
    MrRiskoe your a legend mate

  4. #4
    They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Reppin
    Brighton
    Age
    27
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRiskoe View Post
    what do you use to mix
    Traktor S2, gonna get some pioneers soon but need the P first.

  5. #5
    God Forgive Me If I Press Enter
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Reppin
    NW 6
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Controller?

  6. #6

    Banned
    Join Date
    March 2016
    Posts
    1,479
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Lose some weight and get some swagger lol

  7. #7
    They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Reppin
    Brighton
    Age
    27
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRiskoe View Post
    Controller?
    yeah mate, controller
    Last edited by RVB; 13th September '16 at 11:24 AM.

  8. #8
    They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Reppin
    Brighton
    Age
    27
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Grime Spirit View Post
    Lose some weight and get some swagger lol
    what you mean bro?

  9. #9
    Cool... Seen
    This Thread Won't Be Big In The Scene!
    22 Negs On Your Post... Seen

    Join Date
    December 2012
    Posts
    3,870
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RVB View Post
    what you mean bro?
    He's a 40 year old Indian bro, just ignore him

  10. #10
    They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Reppin
    Brighton
    Age
    27
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamba17 View Post
    He's a 40 year old Indian bro, just ignore him
    ite cool

  11. #11
    God Forgive Me If I Press Enter
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Reppin
    NW 6
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Grime Spirit View Post
    Lose some weight and get some swagger lol
    tel that to slimzee
    [/QUOTE] Originally Posted by Yardie Nah never that. And I'm always learning and willing to be skooled but this has not occurred itt. Soz [/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtra P View Post
    @MrRiskoe schooled you cuddy, you had no valid comebacks for him now go listen to T pains greatest hits and cool off.
    Quote Originally Posted by diglett17 View Post
    MrRiskoe your a legend mate

  12. #12

    Banned
    Join Date
    March 2016
    Posts
    1,479
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Slimzee must of been skinny when he was the dj to listen too. Anyway I new listened to slimzee back then. I grew on mak10 and karnage

    And Logan

  13. #13
    God Forgive Me If I Press Enter
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Reppin
    NW 6
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Grime Spirit View Post
    Slimzee must of been skinny when he was the dj to listen too. Anyway I new listened to slimzee back then. I grew on mak10 and karnage

    And Logan

    He's always been a fatty...before his name was slimzee it was Slim fast
    [/QUOTE] Originally Posted by Yardie Nah never that. And I'm always learning and willing to be skooled but this has not occurred itt. Soz [/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtra P View Post
    @MrRiskoe schooled you cuddy, you had no valid comebacks for him now go listen to T pains greatest hits and cool off.
    Quote Originally Posted by diglett17 View Post
    MrRiskoe your a legend mate

  14. #14
    Soundbwoy Murderer SHOKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Reppin
    OSLO, Norway
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,674
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Get on radio/podcasts and be good at connecting with people.
    ....And be good at mixing.

  15. #15
    I'm A King When I Scroll Through GrimeForum
    Join Date
    August 2014
    Posts
    565
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    going off that weekend warm up mix, u need to work on ur mixing

    e.g: first mix into woo u cut the first tune way too early makes it sound proper sloppy
    e.g. 2: at 7:08 you just cut the vocal when u couldve just cut the lows from the chip track and played it over xtra

    also ur track selection considering what you want to achieve is a waste of time like no offence but u cant get anywhere as a new dj playing where do u know me from u have to do stuff other djs arent doing

    go on discogs and go through record labels/listen to old mixes and find less well known tunes

    then work on ur mixing abit and youll be sound

    also if youre gunna use cue points like with singalong, loop it so its in time if you cant press them on beat cause otherwise it sounds gash

  16. #16
    I Was Like You Rudeboy
    I Had No Rep To Giiiiivve
    devilboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    dont mean to be rude but if u need tips on how to mix and DJ then its not for you

    its a talent ting, u either have it or u dont. u can try learn it and be average though but the real DJs that are talented are the ones that mix differently and do it naturally i.e EZ, Mack10, i'd even put Slimzee in that list.

    not many other tbh, i even think karnage and Maximum are average, just luckily have the best MCs in the game behind them!

    Spyro is good but not as good as the first 3 i listed.

  17. #17
    They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Reppin
    Brighton
    Age
    27
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lufcdan24 View Post
    going off that weekend warm up mix, u need to work on ur mixing

    e.g: first mix into woo u cut the first tune way too early makes it sound proper sloppy
    e.g. 2: at 7:08 you just cut the vocal when u couldve just cut the lows from the chip track and played it over xtra

    also ur track selection considering what you want to achieve is a waste of time like no offence but u cant get anywhere as a new dj playing where do u know me from u have to do stuff other djs arent doing

    go on discogs and go through record labels/listen to old mixes and find less well known tunes

    then work on ur mixing abit and youll be sound

    also if youre gunna use cue points like with singalong, loop it so its in time if you cant press them on beat cause otherwise it sounds gash
    safe for the advice mate, thought the tune selection was bait as well just getting my collection started so hopefully that will sort itself out. liking the idea of looping in the cue points, started to do that recently when practicing so will keep that up.

    might take that mix down as sounds like i could get something better up and will repost when I've done that

  18. #18
    I Was Like You Rudeboy
    I Had No Rep To Giiiiivve
    shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2008
    Posts
    1,276
    Rep Power
    61

    Default

    my advice would be avoid a future of STDs ,mental health issues and obesity and stick to being a punter

  19. #19
    God Forgive Me If I Press Enter
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Reppin
    NW 6
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RVB View Post
    safe for the advice mate, thought the tune selection was bait as well just getting my collection started so hopefully that will sort itself out. liking the idea of looping in the cue points, started to do that recently when practicing so will keep that up.

    might take that mix down as sounds like i could get something better up and will repost when I've done that
    The tune selection and mixing isn't that bad to be honest mate. Just keep consistently making mixes like this regularly, build up you social media following Twitter Facebook etc and get inbox'ing promoters and sending mixes to them inbox'ing radio heads etc...it's more about who you know and how popular you seem

  20. #20
    They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Reppin
    Brighton
    Age
    27
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRiskoe View Post
    The tune selection and mixing isn't that bad to be honest mate. Just keep consistently making mixes like this regularly, build up you social media following Twitter Facebook etc and get inbox'ing promoters and sending mixes to them inbox'ing radio heads etc...it's more about who you know and how popular you seem
    Safe Riskoe will get them recordings done ASAP. Big up yourself

    Quote Originally Posted by shinigami View Post
    my advice would be avoid a future of STDs ,mental health issues and obesity and stick to being a punter
    loool that may turn out to be the best advice i could get

Similar Threads

  1. Promoting Yourself
    By 'nuum general in forum The Studio
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 9th June '19, 12:49 AM
  2. Audio: Shamelessly promoting my cousin.
    By EA in forum UK Rap Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th June '12, 12:24 AM
  3. Promoting Your Mixtape
    By H To The K in forum The Studio
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th July '09, 12:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •