Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Came From The Bottom To The Top DJ Mad Vybez's Avatar
    Reppin
    Britain

Get both, personally I gave away my consoles and just built a monster machine just over 3 years ago. I havent had to buy a new graphics card or nothing yet dont plan on any upgrades for at least 2 years. Plays GTA in all its glory and runs smooth I run football manager with a huge amount of leagues running and it plays nice.
    Probaly one of the best investments I have ever made in my life. I used Dino Pc to build it (very cheap parts) and done my research for best things to use buy etc by reading forums for PC gamers and youtube videos on hardware.
    I do miss my Marvel vs Capcom and WWE games (but saying that WWE 2k15 was just released on PC and I can play a whole host of Capcom Games on the emmulators I have on this computer) I plan on having my computer for 10 years before I will reinvest for all the things I use it for defintely a worth while investment I spent 1300 on it.

It Don't Make Sense To Me
    Shit Posters Wanna Send For Me
    Reppin
    Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Destiny>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CS:GO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>COD

tbh
    Havent played Destiny so can;t compare. Heard the Coop and story is shit. PvP then aye?

Stats? lol? You mean spec? Not really. Considering this thread is a bout PC gaming and you said you got a 1gb nvidia card lol next time someone asks you for your pc specs just tell them your running dual gtx 980s ona bmt, thats impressive.
    Truth.

When somebody says there running "sum sick" graphics card that's got "2 massive gigabytes" but you asked them about crossfire or SLI and they aint got a clue......Just cant help but smh
    "Is it my fault that i think I'm better than everyone else? Or society's for setting the bar so low?" - Husso

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated" - Anon

Reppin
    Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Dickory View Post
    getting deranked by playing with shit friends<<<<<<<<<<
    Found this. Thought of this thread and this post. Enjoy.

"Is it my fault that i think I'm better than everyone else? Or society's for setting the bar so low?" - Husso

Reppin
    140 Stab Street

Quote Originally Posted by Husso View Post
    Found this. Thought of this thread and this post. Enjoy.

lul peeking mid with an awp<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<would rather hold B or short
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Correct View Post
    Guys a flop for his country. The last time Argentina did remotely well when the big boys were involved, Diego Forlan was carrying the squad. Do your research.

Quote Originally Posted by Come Correct View Post
    If Chelsea win the Europa League but get top 4, will they have to forfeit their UCL spot to defend their Europa championship?
    ^lulu

Grime Forum Regular

PC in the long run is cheaper and you have a lot more versatility in the games and is a hell of a lot cheaper to buy games with steam sales. You will never have the problem of backwards compatibility either but there's nothing better than kicking back with the simplicity of a console IMO.

Yes PC's can have more raw power in terms of AA, fps etc but because the hardware is so varied (ram, graphics cards etc), developers are never able to optimise to get the most out of PC hardware. Because a console has all the same specs, devs can tweak the engines etc to get more power from consoles.

Look at a PS3 launch game and look at The Last of Us... they look like two different generations because developers are able to get the most out of consoles through optimisation with 2004 tech. Even in 2007 next to no PC's could even run Crysis let alone run it on Max.

This was a PS4 launch game and still looks better than most PC games even now even if the game was shit lol

Last edited by kyro; 7th June '15 at 02:26 PM.
    Twitter | MR__KRO
    Soundcloud | MR K-RO

Reppin
    Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by kyro View Post

Can i see some gameplay for this game please from the PS4.

Because you know rendered cinematic regardless of being built on the in-game engine is still rendered and that....

Grime Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Husso View Post
    Can i see some gameplay for this game please from the PS4.

Because you know rendered cinematic regardless of being built on the in-game engine is still rendered and that....
    I'll stream it on twitch if you like. Graphically is amazing. The game its self, not so much.

That ship drops you off, walk through the scanner and that big glass building explodes. It's not pre-rendered or anything. You can move you head about and shit.
    Last edited by kyro; 7th June '15 at 04:27 PM.
    Twitter | MR__KRO
    Soundcloud | MR K-RO

What game is that @kyro?? Remember watching the trailer time ago lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hij View Post
    I know, I know we like to par Arsenal but they are miles ahead of us
    Quote Originally Posted by The Narcissist View Post
    Should've dumped Rooney when we had the chance and began a rebuild around mata imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gai Sensei View Post
    Show us your GCSE papers
    lol

Grime Forum Regular

What game is that @kyro?? Remember watching the trailer time ago lol
    Killzone: Shadow Fall. Cause this was a launch game I thought that whta would be the standard of all next gen games but KZ still looks better than most a year and half later...
    Twitter | MR__KRO
    Soundcloud | MR K-RO

Skeng Man
    Reppin
    London & Mez

super late to this thread. don't have a pc or a console but can shut this down nowadays cus hardware so cheap. basically pc's cheaper and better performance than consoles across the board now, but get a console if you want the console exclusive games or you wanna play with your mates that got the same one.

manufacturers gonna long it out as much as they can for the $$ but tech/cost wise consoles are behind now no way to catch up.
    Sobriety will fuck you straight up

They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level

I still prodominantly use my Xbox for gaming as it's where my mates play...

Bought a PC for gaming going on a year and a bit ago now, wasn't cheap by any stretch but mix of having a decent wage, no sense of value and lack of responsibilities that generally come with being in your 20's meant I could get away with it.

Would probably say even though I laid out tonnes more than I did on the consoles, you probably save around 30 per game if you use websites like cdkeys.

Games like Gmod / CS2 are THE reason to have a PC for gaming, I love all the different mods you can install for various games, gives old games a new leash and prolongs thier lifespan hugely, rather than relying on an annual cycle to liven things up (IE COD, I've got WAW, BO1&2 installed and id say they look better graphics wise than the newer ones now theyve been modded). Fallout 3 mods are especially fun.

Backwards compatibility isn't an issue either... I still play worms armageddon, commander keen, and crystal caves, all purchased from steam at one point or another, two of those are Apogie DOS games! so you're talking in excess of 20 years old!

I reckon if i had to choose which was more cost effective, even with a high end PC costing over a grand I reckon over 5 years it's still more cost effective than a console, when you take into account games are SO much cheaper, no Xbox live / PSN fee, doubles up as a work PC if needs be etc etc.

Then theres the quality... bigger game library, extra features, customised multiplayer playlists that you physically can't get on a console.

If all my friends had a gaming PC set up, I probably wouldn't have the consoles, but IMO it's who you play with most of the time not what you're playing.

https://www.soundcloud.com/deset Administrator Deset's Avatar
    Reppin
    Edgware

I'd go for both

PS4/XBOX simply for exclusives (if you get an xbox, you can use the controller with your PC using a micro USB cable without the need for extra tools to setup)

PC for the benefits as above posts

For a future proof PC, budget for 1500 imo

Mines around the same budget and around 3 years old and plays every game I've tried on highest settings on 1080p resolution

• Intel 4770k (havent overclocked yet though)
    • Noctua DH14 cooler
    • GTX 980TI (recent upgrade from 770 SLI)
    • 500GB SDD (got for cheap at work)
    • 2 x 2TB HDD's for storage
    • MSI Z97 Mobo
    • 16GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 RAM
    • Coolermaster HAF 912 Case (not the most spectacular case but is very roomy)

Plus with Windows 10, you can stream Xbox One games to your PC!

In regards to using a TV as a monitor.. should be fine for gaming, however day-to-day stuff such as web browsing will seriously strain your eyes, even from a distance as text can get blurry. Better off getting a normal 22/24" monitor for day-to-day stuff and having the TV as a second screen for gaming.

God Forgive Me If I Press Enter notsanice's Avatar
    Reppin
    Country

The only grievance I've ever had with PC is how many times I've had to upgrade them throughout the years, I started custom building my own in 2003 and while I tried to keep it as futureproof as possible by making sure I picked motherboards that could support more RAM (Two pairs>>>), a secondary PCI-E slot and a socket that Intel/AMD will still be releasing CPUS for it's always the case that technology is advancing at a very quick pace and games are becoming more resource intensive not just for the GPU/CPU but even hard drive space too.

80gb for a game install<<<<<<<<<<<<
    'Used to be seen on the screen, then feared that the images of my face were being used for reasons obscene'
    'I've got the Intel to find where you reside, with the Devil Inside increasing my drive / you best hope you're not the next to cross my mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Eboue View Post
    KA and Ghetts together >>>>>>>>>>>>> The Beatles

I'm a man with a lot of Pride
    So it's standard I gotta type
    Reppin
    The refined hills of Bath

Yeah yeah PCs performance and all that I hear you but I just can't get my head around sitting on a chair arched over a pc like a nonce because I want to shoot some zombies for an hour that's peak I'm sorry
    Ebourassclarte.

Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires

cringing at the CS lingo being dropped in here. played in CSGN division 1 & 2 for years when I was younger, haven't played properly in about 8 years now. would decimate any complete mongol who has posted in this thread, in my day of course.

The nation's favourite mod Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Deset View Post
    I'd go for both

PS4/XBOX simply for exclusives (if you get an xbox, you can use the controller with your PC using a micro USB cable without the need for extra tools to setup)

PC for the benefits as above posts

For a future proof PC, budget for 1500 imo

Mines around the same budget and around 3 years old and plays every game I've tried on highest settings on 1080p resolution

• Intel 4770k (havent overclocked yet though)
    • Noctua DH14 cooler
    • GTX 980TI (recent upgrade from 770 SLI)
    • 500GB SDD (got for cheap at work)
    • 2 x 2TB HDD's for storage
    • MSI Z97 Mobo
    • 16GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 RAM
    • Coolermaster HAF 912 Case (not the most spectacular case but is very roomy)

Plus with Windows 10, you can stream Xbox One games to your PC!

In regards to using a TV as a monitor.. should be fine for gaming, however day-to-day stuff such as web browsing will seriously strain your eyes, even from a distance as text can get blurry. Better off getting a normal 22/24" monitor for day-to-day stuff and having the TV as a second screen for gaming.
    You use all that to run games at 1080p? You're doing yourself a disservice mate, you should be using either a 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor or a 4k monitor.

https://www.soundcloud.com/deset Administrator Deset's Avatar
    Reppin
    Edgware

Saving up for one of those samsung ultrawide screens

Type To Me Properly
    Type To Me Like I'm One Of Dem Guys
    Reppin
    Jungle Swamp

If your on a budget get an r9 280 graphics card with atleast an i3 or that unlocked haswel dual core and aio cooler if you know what you're doing. This will run all games 1080 and older ones in 4k.

PCs>>>>>
    g2a & instant-gaming are cheap even for new releases (they make steam sales look expensive).

Consoles are the reason games are being held back. What's in the xbox? Some laptop cpu with a modified ati 7770 hd? I brought that card at around 70-80 in 2012 what's it doing in an Xbox one?

We are near hitting the silicone limit in hardware so if you get a pc now days it will outlast a console for a generation or two.

I got a r9 290 with a 4690k at 4.5 on an air cooler if there is any other sly neeks in here (Dw I know you all are really)

Type To Me Properly
    Type To Me Like I'm One Of Dem Guys
    Reppin
    Jungle Swamp

edit; scrap that im out of date on cards those cards have gone up 100 where nvidea seems to have gone down 100 thanks to that memory problem in the gtx 970s & now the 370/380s are out.. where have i been?

God Forgive Me If I Press Enter notsanice's Avatar
    Reppin
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by FishMonkeyDubz View Post
    edit; scrap that im out of date on cards those cards have gone up 100 where nvidea seems to have gone down 100 thanks to that memory problem in the gtx 970s & now the 370/380s are out.. where have i been?
    Think the memory problem was blown out of proportion, unless you're gaming on 3x screens at the same time or using 4K there ain't much difference, 3.5GB is more than enough. At least it put down the price though, copped one for 240 runs everything on max 60FPS.
    'Used to be seen on the screen, then feared that the images of my face were being used for reasons obscene'
    'I've got the Intel to find where you reside, with the Devil Inside increasing my drive / you best hope you're not the next to cross my mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Eboue View Post
    KA and Ghetts together >>>>>>>>>>>>> The Beatles