Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Spurs Thread

Just to add, he might be injured now which is shit, but Danny Rose has been absolutely fantastic this season. Thought he'd be a bit erratic, but gets up and down and actually has really good positioning. I love Benny, but think Rose might be that bit hungrier.

We would have lost that last season. Holtby looked the business again when he came on. If we can keep grinding out results as everyone beds in its looking good.

Reppin
    Uxbridge road

Quote Originally Posted by quality View Post
    We would have lost that last season. Holtby looked the business again when he came on. If we can keep grinding out results as everyone beds in its looking good.
    how you feeling for saturday?

Nah, Bale would have baled you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Block19 View Post
    I made gun fingers when they lowered your nans coffin into the ground
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanger View Post
    girls r like children except more retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerillatoker View Post
    I've known a few gay people and not one has ever tried to rape me
    Quote Originally Posted by L.E.V View Post
    I am living proof that shit evaporates

iSupport
    Reppin
    norf london

Has "Joint top" been mentioned yet in here?
    "it was 3 o'clock in the morning i look out the window and there was a fucking baby standing on the corner!"

www.whiteheartevents.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    how you feeling for saturday?
    Dunno, hope Rose is fit. Depends if we get through Villa tomorrow ok. Chelsea walked over us at whl last year..

Quote Originally Posted by Xtra P View Post
    Nah, Bale would have baled you out.
    2nd half of season maybe. Compare it to Wigan at home - ridiculous amount of chances, lost 1-0.

Lewis Holtby. We're a one man team.

Reppin
    99 Gun Shot Lane, SW BANG

Lewis Holtby. We're a one man team.
    Really impressed me today. Do you think him and Eriksen could play in the same team?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karim Benzema View Post
    matteo will be out before new years
    quote me bros
    Quote Originally Posted by NEVER BEEN TIMID View Post
    @Grimes please ill do things your ex refused to do
    https://us.cdn3.123rf.com/168nwm/step...background.jpg Yes, This is AMP

Reppin
    Sikhs/B 2 Da L/BallanceRd

2-0

3-0

4-0

Really impressed me today. Do you think him and Eriksen could play in the same team?
    they have and they will, holtby has said he prefers to play deeper whereas eriksen likes to play as a 10
    P - Money: "...I'm sick and tired of people like this guy just ruining shit- like he will go places and just spread nothing but bad vibes and name for grime"

Jammer: "-and negative"

Words on BIG H - Cry babies gona cry baby

Reppin

so what do you guys see as your best starting midfield/attack then?

- soldado -
    chadli - eriksen - lamela
    holtby - paulinho

?
    quote me bros

Reppin

- soldado -
    holtby - paulinho

?
    i think it's one of those situations where it literally depends on player form + the opposition

similar to arsenal with ramsey, arteta, wilshere, flamini, carzola and ozil all competing. assuming arteta or flamini play DM, it's impossible to say right now which combination is the best, but it's a good problem to have

haven't seen enough of chadli, townsend and lamela to decide who the best wingers are, the latter 2 have both performed very well recently

either way, i think one of sandro/capoue/dembele must always be involved, paulinho is a box to box and holtby isn't good enough defensively for us to get away with using just those 2

eriksen is a nailed on starter for sure tho
    P - Money: "...I'm sick and tired of people like this guy just ruining shit- like he will go places and just spread nothing but bad vibes and name for grime"

Reppin
    AFC

Holtby gotta perform like that in the league...

- soldado -
    holtby - paulinho

?
    Team could work in Europe. In the Prem tho... No chance. Sandro gotta start.
    Gnabry >>>>> Januzaj

#Suwoo

I can't let it slide, I see them niggas I go get my nine
    Cause when it's reppin' time, I delete them niggas with a weapon of mine

Reppin

fair enough

i think holtby n eriksen could rotate in the league, holtby has too much potential but in the ideal world i think they'd both be on the starting XI, same way i'd want both jack and ramsey always starting cos both have great potential

where does lennon fit into all of this or is he completely out the picture now? i don't rate chadli too highly from what i've seen so far (although a premature opinion) but would lamela on the left and lennon on the right be an option or?
    quote me bros

Reppin

fair enough

i think holtby n eriksen could rotate in the league, holtby has too much potential but in the ideal world i think they'd both be on the starting XI, same way i'd want both jack and ramsey always starting cos both have great potential

where does lennon fit into all of this or is he completely out the picture now? i don't rate chadli too highly from what i've seen so far (although a premature opinion) but would lamela on the left and lennon on the right be an option or?
    he's injured at the moment, always seems to find good form then pick up an injury

AVB likes to play with inverted wingers, left footer on the right, right footer on the left, who cut in. & likes his width to come from full backs

townsend beats players, cuts in and lets of shots very well, hasn't scored yet but i can see why AVB likes playing him. lamela and chadli both have that in their locker too but they offer different things, lamela is probably the most quality out of the wingers, very creative, great touch and better passing than most our players. chadli isn't pacey but he's a trickster, hasn't yet done anything to shout about but i think he's a baller deep down, reminds me slightly of figo in how he uses feints/skills instead of pace. avb has sometimes used townsend and lamela on the left but more time he prefers them on the right

lennon is great as beatin his man but has very poor shooting (often reluctant to pull the trigger) and his passing is hit and miss. his defensive work is second to none and he deffo is a solid winger, unsure where he will fit in though tbh. i know AVB likes him though, before his injury last season he was our most used player and AVB singled him out for praise. he does seem more suited for 4-4-2 wing play than 4-3-3 though
    Last edited by Shanger; 24th September '13 at 11:51 PM.

Reppin

villa fans pre-game

No Bale, no biggie.
    Looking forward to this and smashing the spurs youth
    don't see why everyone is writing us off that easily, I think we will win as spurs wont be nowhere near full strength although they will still be half decent, 2.1 villa
    Think we will win and Weimann will finally score as will delph
    https://www.villatalk.com/index.php/t...-thread/page-8 gona read through this to cap the night off

Yeah, they probably won't though. Eriksen potentially plays on the left, Holtby in the middle, Lennon/Lamela on the right. Not been convinced by Holtby deeper, every time I saw him at Schalke (granted, 4 times tops) he looked better further forward. If I'm being cynical, him playing deeper is probably his best chance at a senior Germany place. I think his game is suited to that 3 behind the striker and interchanging.

I've been consistently singing his praises. Even last season where it wasn't coming off all the time, you could see there's something there - his pressing is much more intelligent than anything I'm used to watching.

Joining in January was sort of good and bad - good in that he's had time to bed in, bad in that everyone has just forgotten about him (with his injury and all the new signings).

My midfield versus Chelsea would be:

Paulinho
    Dembele

Lennon (if fit, he plays well against Cole)
    Holtby (realistically I think Eriksen will play)
    Sigurdsson

Going forward, you'd expect Lamela on the right. Like to see Lennon or Townsend still play, maybe on the left. Lennon used to swap flanks with Bale, he looks good cutting in - think he'd score more goals like that.

Reppin

So Lennon hasn't played for a good few months now and you want him to start against chelsea not sure if srs

So Lennon hasn't played for a good few months now and you want him to start against chelsea not sure if srs
    ?

He's played this season. If he's fit, start him and let him go at Cole. Rather that than Townsend cutting inside and shooting constantly.

Reppin

?

He's played this season. If he's fit, start him and let him go at Cole. Rather that than Townsend cutting inside and shooting constantly.
    not since the 1st game of the season

he's far from fit if he hasn't featured since then

dont get why some spurs fans hate on townsend, most agree that lennon is often too reluctant to beat his man and to shy to shoot, townsend does both regularly

he also should not be discouraged from shooting, players like bale and even ronaldo missed A LOT before they started scoring

not since the 1st game of the season

he's far from fit if he hasn't featured since then

dont get why some spurs fans hate on townsend, most agree that lennon is often too reluctant to beat his man and to shy to shoot, townsend does both regularly

he also should not be discouraged from shooting, players like bale and even ronaldo missed A LOT before they started scoring
    I'm not down on him, he's done really well to establish himself after we fucked with his career so much (9 loans) and I hope he comes through properly especially as he's been at the club since he was 9/10. I just think we need some width. Lennon offers that, Townsend might do if he played on the left. Watching him try and shoot from 30 yards 4 or 5 times a game rather than just go down the touchline is annoying though, IDC about Bale or Ronaldo.

If Lennon plays, a defence plays at least 5 yards deeper which gives space for the midfield (if it's Mikel and Lampard I think that's a big opportunity). I've heard the no end product stuff about Lennon (which is wrong on a number of levels, as if football can only be defined by statistics), but never heard anyone at a game or otherwise say he's reluctant to go past players (he turned back from April last season but, in an ideal world, shouldn't have been playing as was clearly still injured). The one thing he does consistently is get to the byline. Plus he covers Walker. A lot.

If he's not fit, he's not fit. But Chelsea and Utd are two teams you can bet he'll have good games against (for whatever reason). I've not heard anymore about his injury since he was doubtful for Tibilsi directly after Palace, so fuck knows what's going on.