Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Snooker Final

  1. #1
    Grime Forum Manager Administrator Hij's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1987
    Age
    32
    Posts
    58,359
    Rep Power
    10000

    Default Snooker Final

    Anyone watching?

    Hawkins nearly had it level, but then Ronnie pulled 3 (?) frames ahead last night.

    Continues at 1 or 2 I think, then finishes this evening till over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Suarez is probably the best player in the world

  2. #2
    Super Moderator The Messiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Reppin
    The Ends
    Posts
    19,227
    Rep Power
    484

    Default

    I've been watching.

    O'Sullivan is on another planet when he's playing well. No-one has touched him this tournament.

    Reckon he could do the same thing next year as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKENGMAN MODE View Post
    your not real life... just something of the internet

  3. #3
    Bocat
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    I've been watching.

    O'Sullivan is on another planet when he's playing well. No-one has touched him this tournament.

    Reckon he could do the same thing next year as well.
    u wot m8

    he's retired..

    only playing in small tourneys now

  4. #4
    Grime Forum OG Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Reppin
    cunch
    Posts
    17,185
    Rep Power
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bocat View Post
    u wot m8

    he's retired..

    only playing in small tourneys now
    He said the other day he ain't retiring as he can't afford to
    The poverty driven seem to have and they're moaning on top of having and I can't help but say that because it's just what I've experienced - Wiley

    Quote Originally Posted by Come Correct View Post
    Guys a flop for his country. The last time Argentina did remotely well when the big boys were involved, Diego Forlan was carrying the squad. Do your research.

  5. #5
    kilik's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Reppin
    Barksdale Organisation
    Posts
    9,583
    Rep Power
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bocat View Post
    u wot m8

    he's retired..

    only playing in small tourneys now
    he will be back next year
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet Dan View Post



    he was soo bless to me, used 2 kiss me on da head

  6. #6
    Bocat
    Guest

    Default

    oh isit

    only saw a snippet of his interview on twitter bbc sport

    mashallah ronnie >>>>>>>>

    the realist guy

    legend

  7. #7
    Grime Forum Regular
    Join Date
    October 2010
    Posts
    7,369
    Rep Power
    227

    Default

    Hawkins put up a decent fight

  8. #8
    Grime Forum Manager Administrator Hij's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1987
    Age
    32
    Posts
    58,359
    Rep Power
    10000

    Default

    and still got merked

    shoudl have been 12-12 going into the final session but hawkins just missed 1-2 pots to win frames and then o sullivan cleared up - true champ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Suarez is probably the best player in the world

  9. #9
    Super Moderator The Messiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Reppin
    The Ends
    Posts
    19,227
    Rep Power
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hij View Post
    and still got merked

    shoudl have been 12-12 going into the final session but hawkins just missed 1-2 pots to win frames and then o sullivan cleared up - true champ
    Weren't one or two. There were about 3/4 frames where Hawkins was break building, got to about 40/50 points and made a mistake. Ronnie was ruthless in punishing him nearly every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKENGMAN MODE View Post
    your not real life... just something of the internet

  10. #10
    Grime Forum Manager Administrator Hij's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1987
    Age
    32
    Posts
    58,359
    Rep Power
    10000

    Default

    Yeah fair enough more than 1 or 2.

    Shame as Ronnie under pressure could have seen big things happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Suarez is probably the best player in the world

  11. #11
    World Class
    Super Moderator Mr. Jefferies's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Posts
    36,248
    Rep Power
    983

    Default

    That's the thing with O'Sullivan, he either can't be arsed or he can and when he can that's what happens. The last frame of the 2nd session as he had to get positioning on the yellow, and then the brown, was 5*

    He was like that all tournament.

    I remember him being just as ruthless playing Ding once in the final and Ding started crying in his seat ffs

  12. #12
    Super Moderator The Messiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Reppin
    The Ends
    Posts
    19,227
    Rep Power
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jefferies View Post
    That's the thing with O'Sullivan, he either can't be arsed or he can and when he can that's what happens. The last frame of the 2nd session as he had to get positioning on the yellow, and then the brown, was 5*

    He was like that all tournament.

    I remember him being just as ruthless playing Ding once in the final and Ding started crying in his seat ffs
    He should be on 7/8 titles by now if he'd got his head together when he was younger. One day he might regret that, but his age doesn't seem to be a problem atm. I fancy him to pick up one or two more if he wants it.

    Anyway as far as I'm concerned he's GOAT after this title. Hendry or Davis in their day could not have fucked off for a year and come back to beat everyone without being pushed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKENGMAN MODE View Post
    your not real life... just something of the internet

  13. #13
    World Class
    Super Moderator Mr. Jefferies's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Posts
    36,248
    Rep Power
    983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    He should be on 7/8 titles by now if he'd got his head together when he was younger. One day he might regret that, but his age doesn't seem to be a problem atm. I fancy him to pick up one or two more if he wants it.

    Anyway as far as I'm concerned he's GOAT after this title. Hendry or Davis in their day could not have fucked off for a year and come back to beat everyone without being pushed.
    Yeah but he's had problems with depression and shit for ages hasn't he, hence taking all these breaks from the game? Sometimes he's obviously not in the right frame of mind, I've seen him walk out of matches before where he hadn't even lost.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYjIV54egio only 4-1 down, first to 9 and he shook Hendry's hand and fucked off home after missing a red

    Apparently he's been working with psychologists now though.

  14. #14
    Grime Forum OG Super Moderator Alter E-ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Reppin
    Netherforum
    Posts
    18,789
    Rep Power
    1342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jefferies View Post
    Yeah but he's had problems with depression and shit for ages hasn't he, hence taking all these breaks from the game? Sometimes he's obviously not in the right frame of mind, I've seen him walk out of matches before where he hadn't even lost.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYjIV54egio only 4-1 down, first to 9 and he shook Hendry's hand and fucked off home after missing a red

    Apparently he's been working with psychologists now though.
    C/S this and the psychologist is Dr Steve Peters. Psychologist to Liverpool FC @Hij and the British cycling team. Wrote a book called "The Chimp Paradox", meant to be amazing and tbh when I heard that he was helping ronnie I knew he would be on his game.

    And ronnie is on another planet. Steve Davis and Hendry saying that really speaks volumes. The commentators were orgasming over his snooker. Saying that though he is fucking awesome.
    sure.

  15. #15
    Grime Forum Manager Administrator Hij's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1987
    Age
    32
    Posts
    58,359
    Rep Power
    10000

    Default

    If Steve peters is half as good as people say he is hopefully it has a big impact for us
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Suarez is probably the best player in the world

  16. #16
    World Class
    Super Moderator Mr. Jefferies's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Posts
    36,248
    Rep Power
    983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alter E-ghost View Post
    C/S this and the psychologist is Dr Steve Peters. Psychologist to Liverpool FC and the British cycling team. Wrote a book called "The Chimp Paradox", meant to be amazing and tbh when I heard that he was helping ronnie I knew he would be on his game.
    Didn't know any of this.

    Do you have an interest in it or something?

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Grime Forum OG Super Moderator Alter E-ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Reppin
    Netherforum
    Posts
    18,789
    Rep Power
    1342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jefferies View Post
    Didn't know any of this.

    Do you have an interest in it or something?
    Lol kind of yeah, really because my dad was banging on about the book saying its...

    Just saw the quote ... mad lol. Real? Anyway, that's pretty much what my dad said lol. LOVES that guy.

    He's been trying to get me to read it, will do eventually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hij View Post
    If Steve peters is half as good as people say he is hopefully it has a big impact for us
    I said to you a while back it's a good look. I think he'll make a difference if not already.
    sure.

  19. #19
    World Class
    Super Moderator Mr. Jefferies's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Posts
    36,248
    Rep Power
    983

    Default

    Doubt it's real probably just someone on a wum, funny though.

    Getting good reviews on there though. Might have to read. Bookmarked.

  20. #20
    Grime Forum Elite quality's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Posts
    10,415
    Rep Power
    30419

    Default

    ROS. Positive white man in my life.

Similar Threads

  1. Other: Snooker
    By Mr. Jefferies in forum Sports
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 17th February '16, 05:24 PM
  2. Snooker UK Championship final today
    By Mr. Jefferies in forum Sports
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 8th December '14, 01:25 PM
  3. Snooker
    By Hij in forum Sports
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 20th January '13, 12:52 AM
  4. Snooker
    By Hij in forum Settled Rep Bets
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29th April '12, 06:19 PM
  5. Snooker
    By Hij in forum Sports
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 23rd January '12, 12:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •