Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    "Check my attitude...give cats the food!"

Quote Originally Posted by quality View Post
    It's mental though. There are players, I can think of Sandro from Spurs (maybe Wilshire for your lot?), where 'assist' and 'goal' stats don't start to tell the impact that player has on the team. Pass completion is probably the most ridiculous stats people resort to.
    This is true, which is why you'll find it occurs mostly with AMs, Wingers and Stikers. Players that are supposed to impact a game statistically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokia View Post
    Thats because I assume every poster on here IS white, unless I see ID

Too many Dave's trying to be Jermaine.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Starks View Post
    This is true, which is why you'll find it occurs mostly with AMs, Wingers and Stikers. Players that are supposed to impact a game statistically.
    Tbh, people always draw for stats with Lennon. But he's a massive, massive part of the way we play. He's having an excellent season though statistically probably doesn't hold up to most.

My Fingers Type Like
    They're Powered Mechanically

Quote Originally Posted by quality View Post
    It's mental though. There are players, I can think of Sandro from Spurs (maybe Wilshire for your lot?), where 'assist' and 'goal' stats don't start to tell the impact that player has on the team. Pass completion is probably the most ridiculous stats people resort to.
    How has Lennon been for Spurs this season? Probably gone missing a lot because he's not a goalscorer #Logic

Is the fact Lennon doesnt score goals not a credible criticism of him? Or are we to remain in awe of the world class width he gives Spurs?

For the record im not a spurs fan. Have no idea why that st totteringham thing is next to my username. @Hij sort it out

Is the fact Lennon doesnt score goals not a credible criticism of him? Or are we to remain in awe of the world class width he gives Spurs?
    He doesn't score enough goals, which is strange because the goals he does score are taken so well. But he creates chances (though maybe doesn't play the final ball). He's a hugely effective player (not yesterday obviously). It would be nice to see him get 10 goals a season, but there's other aspects to his game.

FTR I think we're getting more out of him this season, AVB seems keen for him to get played through balls and get in the box. Think he can get a few more.

My Fingers Type Like

Hazard is one of the top assisters in the league & has scored goals too, he has been productive, but, the final pass & the goal doesn't say for overall impact. Hazard is an attacking midfielder that's why when he was moving he wanted to move to a club where he can have the option to be on the inside.

Chelsea fans are not unhappy with Hazard, I wonder why? Chelsea would be so much shitter w/o Hazard this season, they (Mata & Hazard) have been the shining lights of our attack.

If Mata sets up Torres perfectly & Torres messes it up, Mata doesn't get the credit for the assist he could have had.
    Good metric. lol. Stats are good for guidance.. The striker that the team depends on for goals has the important goal burden.
    Last edited by Zoffie; 13th January '13 at 05:23 PM.

Reppin
    Shitty Wok

Arsenal fans logic of judging players is laughable. Their sole argument is based on Hazard not scoring a lot of goals lol.

Please actually watch him play for a few weeks in a row before you think your opinion is fact. He's not a goalscorer and will never be a goalscorer. As @Zoffie said already his job is to create chances.

His workrate on top of his ability >>>>>>>>>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    thats not my mum
    Quote Originally Posted by Hij View Post
    Jamie asked to be banned
    ^^^When the banter is just too much^^^

Cool European Cup bro
    Thanks bro, it was a great night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Arsenal fans logic of judging players is laughable. Their sole argument is based on Hazard not scoring a lot of goals lol.
    Thats never been my issue with Hazard and ive always said hes a good player

Reppin
    Shitty Wok

Thats never been my issue with Hazard and ive always said hes a good player
    Re-read your posts on the last few pages and your main argument is that Hazard hasn't been scoring against the top sides
    thats not my mum
    Jamie asked to be banned

Cool European Cup bro

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Re-read your posts on the last few pages and your main argument is that Hazard hasn't been scoring against the top sides
    Nope I was pointing out he doesn't perform against top sides. His goals and assists have come against lesser opposition

My Fingers Type Like

Nope I was pointing out he doesn't perform against top sides. His goals and assists have come against lesser opposition
    He's had good games against top sides. He just hasn't scored in those games.

People going out of there way to make out like Hazard has under-performed, I said before he came here, he's not going to get goals, at least not immediately, it was a problem for Lille with him, one where he felt he improved on & I disagree.
    Lampard takes the penalties & freekicks here. Last season was his best goal-scoring season at Lille precisely b/c of all of his Penalties etc. Hazard didn't become rated at Lille because of goals.

Maybe he will go on to bang them in week in week out, but, he doesn't need to do so to become an effective player, he already is & has been. On the one hand people complain about attackers being greedy, but, that's the message everyone sends out, because if you don't score... "you don't turn up".

I suspect @Hutch watches all/most Chelsea games, I watch most of them too.
    He doesn't look better against smaller teams. It's not a correct statement.

When we got Hazard, I still wanted Hulk to come to Chelsea, specifically b/c we needed a goalscorer elsewhere in the starting XI, I don't get why anyone has a problem w/ Hazard's performances, what else did you really expect?
    Last edited by Zoffie; 13th January '13 at 06:06 PM.

Reppin
    Shitty Wok

Lol yeah I guess I must be seeing things then... You're even saying the same thing in this post HE'S NOT A GOALSCORER.

By the way he performs every week give or take a few games, the only 'bad' games he's had are the ones where the whole team has been awful and given him nothing to work with i.e Torres with his lack of movement.

Now we have Ba you will see Hazard get more assists even though he's performing at the same level as before.
    Hazard's overall game is so much more than scoring goals but you don't get to see that on MOTD.
    thats not my mum
    Jamie asked to be banned

Cool European Cup bro

Reppin
    cunch

Oxlade Chamberlain is so shit he got subbed off after 10 mins
    The poverty driven seem to have and they're moaning on top of having and I can't help but say that because it's just what I've experienced - Wiley

Quote Originally Posted by Come Correct View Post
    Guys a flop for his country. The last time Argentina did remotely well when the big boys were involved, Diego Forlan was carrying the squad. Do your research.

My Fingers Type Like

David Silva has only scored one goal this season & that was against Aston Villa, I think Oxlade is close to him in ability, just needs a few years.

Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Zoffie View Post
    David Silva has only scored one goal this season & that was against Aston Villa, I think Oxlade is close to him in ability, just needs a few years.
    Totally different kind of player with different roles.

Hazard and Ox have similar roles and similar attributes.

Atm Ox is a poor mans Hazard, but also younger too.

But like you said before Zoffie, I don't care what you think about Ox, cos people who actually matter in football, rate him.

So fuck you and your opinion cos England's manager and Arsenal's manager's opinion of Chambo >>>>> Yours

My Fingers Type Like

Hazard & Silva are actually the same vein of player, I said as much before he came here & that people will have the wrong idea about Hazard because of Youtube. You're right that my opinion on Ox doesn't matter, his opinion of himself??
    He says he is a central midfielder.

Hazard & Silva are attacking playmakers, Oxlade & Hazard both have the speed to take on players at full pelt, Silva doesn't
    but, because he takes on player doesn't change his role in the team.
    I don't get the Oxlade/Hazard comparison, it's not to say he is devoid of talent, I just don't see the consistent ingenuity from Oxlade that you see from the other two.

Hazard's not on Silva's level in general play his passing outside the box isn't on point enough & he can make lazy mistakes, but his touch & Mata's touch taking the ball out the air is what you call class, the movement he has with the ball at speed is class, when he & Mata/Sturridge were close together their combination play was class & the ingenuity he has for the final pass again class.
    In my opinion he has shit delivery from corners, it hardly ever beats the first man as it is now & I'm not impressed by him as a freekick delivery man either.

The ppl that matter for England imo are shit ppl, who wouldn't have given Oxlade the time if he hadn't left Southampton, just like they wouldn't have given Sterling the time if Rodgers hadn't played him. They are very much in the looky-loo-loo department & they are at the mercy of club managers choices.

Again their opinion matters & mine doesn't mean shit, but, I'd play Walcott over him in the 3 attacking slots that are available in the England XI.
    Last edited by Zoffie; 13th January '13 at 10:51 PM.

Grime Forum Regular datnigganev's Avatar

Malouda and Kalou were better for Chelsea than Hazardous has been. Hazardous is the main reason Chelsea only have the FA cup and Europa League to play for this season.

Reppin
    Shitty Wok

Malouda and Kalou also won more than your whole squad put together. I don't understand your point?

Hazard's been here for half a season lol.
    thats not my mum
    Jamie asked to be banned

Cool European Cup bro

Naruto

Hazard is a very good player I don't think anyone is denying that but sorry it's not simply a coincidence he hasn't scored or assisted vs in any big games vs athletico, city, shaktar, arsenal etc etc but gone on a madman scoring from long distance, tearing defenders for fun, assisting, scoring, twisting up lesser teams week in week out.