Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast
    Naruto

Default Harry Redknapp: Bale is at the same level as Messi and Ronaldo

Harry Redknapp has warned Croatia that Wales' Gareth Bale is in the class of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
    Wales visit Croatia in Tuesday's World Cup qualifier and Bale's ex-club boss insists the Tottenham man is the "full package" and would "improve any team". Bale inspired Wales to a first win of 2012 with two goals to beat Scotland.

"He's an amazing talent and he's after the Ronaldos and Messis of this world and he's getting better and better," Redknapp told BBC Radio Wales Sport.

"He's almost unplayable when he's on his game. He is a genuine world-class player.

"There's nobody he couldn't play for. He'd improve any team."

Winger Bale, whose Tottenham contract runs until 2015, has scored all of Wales' three goals in 2012 and the 23-year-old's match-winning performance against Scotland earned Chris Coleman a first win as Wales manager.

"It was amazing how he turned the game around," continued Redknapp."

"With 10 minutes to go you're looking for somebody who can do something special and Gareth can do something special."

"He can do everything and could play anywhere. He's the full package."

"He can head it, he can dribble, he can shoot, he's got a great physique, he's an amazing athlete, he can score with both feet - there are no weaknesses in his game."

"He is already at the top but any team in the world would love to have Gareth Bale playing for them."

"And he is a great lad as well with a good family behind him. It couldn't happen to a nicer lad."

Redknapp managed Bale, who was named Professional Footballers' Association Players' Player of the Year in 2010-11, during his four years at Tottenham.

And he was his boss when Bale shot to international prominence with his first hat-trick in Spurs' Champions League defeat at Inter Milan in 2010.

"It was a great performance the other night," said Redknapp.

"The one in Milan when we had 10 men, to do what he did to Maicon who, at the time, was rated as the best right-back in the world, that really destroyed his career almost. It was amazing."

Former Wales player Mickey Thomas feels Ronaldo's Real Madrid and Messi's Barcelona will soon be "fighting for Bale's signature".
    "It's probably the best I've seen [from a Wales player]," said Thomas.

"I played with some great players in my career but, watching that performance, not just his goals - his ability to create opportunities for his team-mates - and when he's in that mood and when he's in that stride, he is unstoppable."

"I've seen the best. I've seen Ronaldo; I've seen them all. He's on a par with them now."

"The only difference is they play for Barcelona with players like Messi. He's at Tottenham."

"Let me tell you, he will be at one of those clubs before too long. Those top teams - Barcelona and Real Madrid - will be fighting for his signature, for sure."
    laff laff was a super laff read

size 4'd all the laffs

lol @ having a manager like that ever lead your club

laff droopy dog is laff

can confirm gervinho n podolski will have more goals n assists than him this season. laffff.

cazorla >>>> bale

im laffin

Grime Forum Regular FoundTheGif's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet Dan View Post
    im noting this down by the way. dont think i will forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastabas View Post
    Why is narturo so gassed?
    Man thinks he is a turkish trey songz

Walking in the Barton wonderland! iDonate Julio Cesar's Avatar

Bale >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gervinho + Podolski

Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Julio Cesar View Post
    Bale >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gervinho + Podolski
    can confirm gervinho n podolskis goals tally says otherwise in 2012/13 season tbh

always said bale was grossly overrated

and redknaps a tit for gassing him up like that

but rednkapp>>>>>>>>>>
    "I'm losing hope in my own kind.. and you can have your little jokes for a small time..i shed a tear from these stoned eyes, my soul cries for the lives of controlled minds"

Grime Forum Don

I'd like to see Bale at a top club and see him progress further playing with better players and a higher level of training.

I think he'd do well at Real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Block19 View Post
    I made gun fingers when they lowered your nans coffin into the ground
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanger View Post
    girls r like children except more retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerillatoker View Post
    I've known a few gay people and not one has ever tried to rape me
    Quote Originally Posted by L.E.V View Post
    I am living proof that shit evaporates

Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Xtra P View Post
    I'd like to see Bale at a top club and see him progress further playing with better players and a higher level of training.

Was glad to see Cesc join a top club tbh.

LOL at anyone taking Redknapp’s views seriously. Same guy tried to sell him to Forest before BAE got injured a few seasons ago and he was forced into playing him. We’re good enough to win the title, then we’re overachieving. Harry’s mates never called him on any of it.

But hypocrisy and myopia aren’t unique to just one north London manager...

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto View Post
    Not sure if you're trolling or not but you seriously don't think Bale is a top player ?

Green Rep Goons
    Us Man We Make The Neg Trains Boom

Reppin
    Small Heath Alliance

@Xtra P I agree I think bale could be a top player but he's at spurs and there is only so much he can do

He can't par with messi or Ronaldo looool but there's been Signs of world class talent with things he's done, like that left foot volley vs stoke >>>>>>>>> one of the best goals I've saw. He's left foot was as high as his head looool. And then the hat trick vs inter was too much

Quote Originally Posted by quality View Post

LOL at anyone taking Redknapp’s views seriously. Same guy tried to sell him to Forest before BAE got injured a few seasons ago and he was forced into playing him. We’re good enough to win the title, then we’re overachieving. Harry’s mates never called him on any of it.

#FeelingsCaught

Wasn't even parrin, I think Bale would develop further at a better club.

Cesc has regressed in my honest opinion but I think that is down to higher competition for places and no longer being the 'main man' people say that once Xiavi starts to decline, Cesc will get more opportunity but things don't always work out like that, another player in that mould might emerge and Barca could simply purchase him.

Cesc should have stayed put imo but Santi >>>> Cesc so alls well that ends well I guess.

#FeelingsCaught

Wasn't even parrin, I think Bale would develop further at a better club.
    It's just bantz.

I think he's fine where he is for 2-3 years. I wouldn't really mind if we sold him tbh, as long as his transfer fee is as inflated as his reputation. He's got enormous potential, but a lot to learn as well.

It's just bantz.

I think he's fine where he is for 2-3 years. I wouldn't really mind if we sold him tbh, as long as his transfer fee is as inflated as his reputation. He's got enormous potential, but a lot to learn as well.
    How old is he now?

Think he should move by around 25

Naruto

Not sure if you're trolling or not but you seriously don't think Bale is a top player ?
    On his day he's a top player. But on his day Walcott is also a top player, as is Gervinho, as is Taraabt, as is . Bale is nowhere near the levels of Ronaldo/Messi though and like Sahin, I think he would do fuck all at Real. Wouldn't get a look in with their talent and class IMO.

I dunno man, apart from his stamina and acceleration which he shows whenever he plays, he doesn't impress me...on a regular basis. His consistency to perform well is just above current Nani's IMO.

Redknapp is gassing him up to new levels and I'm not entertaining it at all tbh.

Walcott done to Barca what Bale done to Milan, and both their goals/assists stats being at a similar level. That's facts.

Walcott is supposedly just a sprinter with championship footballing ability who doesn't have a footballing brain, but Bale is a top player who is just below the likes of Messi and Ronaldo whom any team in the world would love to have.

Not buying it mate lol. I can name 10 players off the top of my head who are better than Bale. Mata, Valencia, Nasri, Cazorla, Hazard, shall I continue?

Grime Forum OG

FFS.

How old is he now?

Think he should move by around 25
    23 according to wiki. I'm sure he'd thrive abroad [insert diving joke here], not least because he doesn’t seem like your typical British footballer (doesn’t drink, seems interested in moving abroad at some point). Good luck to him if he does, hopefully he leaves in the ‘right’ way. No idea how good Townsend will turn out to be, but would love to see a genuinely homegrown player replace him.

FTR, I would say Bale is better than Walcott, Gervinho, Taarabt (L-O-fucking-L). But obviously we'll agree to disagree. I don't think he's on Messi levels obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto View Post
    On his day he's a top player. But on his day Walcott is also a top player, as is Gervinho, as is Taraabt, as is . Bale is nowhere near the levels of Ronaldo/Messi though and like Sahin, I think he would do fuck all at Real. Wouldn't get a look in with their talent and class IMO.

I dunno man, apart from his stamina and acceleration which he shows whenever he plays, he doesn't impress me...on a regular basis. His consistency to perform well is just above current Nani's IMO.

Redknapp is gassing him up to new levels and I'm not entertaining it at all tbh.

Walcott done to Barca what Bale done to Milan, and both their goals/assists stats being at a similar level. That's facts.

Walcott is supposedly just a sprinter with championship footballing ability who doesn't have a footballing brain, but Bale is a top player who is just below the likes of Messi and Ronaldo whom any team in the world would love to have.

Not buying it mate lol. I can name 10 players off the top of my head who are better than Bale. Mata, Valencia, Nasri, Cazorla, Hazard, shall I continue?
    He's no on Messi or Ronaldo's level but that's not really saying much as no one is lol

Bale is levels above Walcott, he has more consistency and has more strings to his bow, more skill etc

The way you talk about Gerv and Podolski, its clear that you would be gassin Bale if he was an Arsenal player so try and look at it objectively, as for how he'd do at a team like real, you really never know but I honestly think he'd do well, I'd at least like to see what would happen.

Naruto

Pretty sure Podolski will outscore him bros.

@quality I wasn't saying Taraabt is better than him. I'm just saying people think Bale is consistent just cos he has loads of stamina pace and acceleration to bomb up and down the wings all day. I watch Spurs play whenever it doesn't clash with Arsenal cos I fucking love seeing them a goal down/losing and trying so hard and the players faces when they miss a shot and he doesn't perform as good as your average MOTD fan thinks he does when he has a good game and is gassed up with MOTD pundit analysis every time he does.

Like I said, Walcott does to Barca what Bale does to Inter, and both have a similar goalscoring/assists record, yet Walcott is just Yohan Blake with a championship players ability, but Bale is a world class talent on the levels of Messi/Ronaldo whom any team would love to have. Do you see the end of the spectrums each player lays at due to the media? Yet when you look at their effectiveness by stats, both are very similar..

I think Bale is better than Walcott but on his day Theo is just as unplayable as Bale IMO.

Reppin
    Sikhs/B 2 Da L/BallanceRd

the ronaldo/messi comparisons are dumb, & despite him scoring and putting in good crosses with his right foot it's still a weak point of his but the it's not that much of an outrageous article

& he is world class

r u inbred comparing him to Walcott/Gervinho/Taraabt cos theyre good on their day even on his shit games he beats players and puts in dangerous balls. his consistency is way head of theirs too = more good days = better player

& Mata, Valencia, Nasri, Cazorla, Hazard are not better wingers than Bale.

@Naruto
    P - Money: "...I'm sick and tired of people like this guy just ruining shit- like he will go places and just spread nothing but bad vibes and name for grime"

Jammer: "-and negative"

Words on BIG H - Cry babies gona cry baby