Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Reppin
    Wherever I May Be

Quote Originally Posted by quality View Post

West Ham couldn't get 60k if the ghost of Bobby Moore was doing a half time show.
    lol deep.
    UK & US Hip-Hop // UK Rap // Grime:
    London To MK

Quote Originally Posted by DDDN3 View Post
    Didn't you know that Danielson was Kevin Prince Boateng?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stax View Post
    is that the danielson skeppy talks about?

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation

mans could be mad when we move in

locked untill plans are released

Grime Forum Manager Administrator Hij's Avatar

LOL bigdon locked a thread yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Suarez is probably the best player in the world

Reppin
    The Ends

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDON View Post
    based on what? none of us can accurately predict what sort of gates we can expect to get at the Olympic stadium until we know what the plans for it are and the pricing structure all i know is we had 31k as an average attendance in the Championship and this season we have sold out every home game with the numbers being different because of the away support of each team
    I bet you a 12 month ban from Grime Forum that West Ham's average attendance in the second season (not going to base it on the first season when you fans find it a novelty) will not be greater than 45k.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDON View Post
    lol that the best u got now u cant go on about the finances? Tottenham wanted the stadium as well remember so it cant be that much of a joke
    Lol at not clocking Spurs were using it as leverage against Haringay council.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKENGMAN MODE View Post
    your not real life... just something of the internet

World Class

i find some of the figures being posted in this thread very suspect which raises a few questions. half a million fans in east london and essex has got to be bullshit surely? and how did they come to this conclusion?

if manchester united can't fill a 76k stadium what makes you think west ham will fill an 80k stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    I bet you a 12 month ban from Grime Forum that West Ham's average attendance in the second season (not going to base it on the first season when you fans find it a novelty) will not be greater than 45k.
    yup. unless the pricing comes down drastically or they challenge for the title not a lot will change for them in terms of match goers. first season promoted to the premier league is nearly as giddy as it gets for football fans. you'll get probably 55-60k in the first couple of seasons at the olympic stadium, then it'll fall once the novelty of the stadium wears off.

to fill an 80k stadium consistently would require insane amounts of success for west ham. can't see it happening. i think 80k is too big for a football stadium anyway but that's another discussion entirely.
    Last edited by Mr. Jefferies; 7th December '12 at 08:35 PM.

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation

Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    impossible to say until the club have revealed their plans but i would be betting over 45k on the assumption that were still in the Premier League

it will be 60k max @Mr. Jefferies and one of the clubs promises is to deliver affordable ticket prices and bring back fans who have been unable to go due to costs

I am excited that up to 100,000 members of the community who wouldnít otherwise be able to access elite sport will be inspired by watching the best league in the world free of charge.

And that local families who might not have been able to attend matches because they simply canít afford it, will be able to come and watch Premier League football.
    im just going by the clubs statement i assume its correct

We are committed to delivering our promises as set out in our bid. The hard work really does start here and work is already well underway to ensure that we really bring our community, which includes 500,000 supporters in east London and Essex alone, with us.
    we even feature in The Simpsons ffs

#COYI
    Last edited by BIGDON; 11th December '12 at 04:40 PM.

Grime Forum OG iDonate adidasgrandad's Avatar

we could fill out 45,000, at a push with some discounted seats.

how much is it getting reduced to again?

Cool... Seen
    This Thread Won't Be Big In The Scene!
    22 Negs On Your Post... Seen
    Reppin
    LDN

Quote Originally Posted by adidasgrandad View Post
    we could fill out 45,000, at a push with some discounted seats.

how much is it getting reduced to again?
    thats what im thinking

score a ticket n I'd gladly show face
    Quote Originally Posted by God Emcee View Post
    How do these white boys love them some hip hop and black culture, but have no respect whatsoever for black ppl?

More of that "everybody wanna be a black, but nobody wanna be a black".

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation

there was a supporters advisory board meeting on Tuesday night the planned capacity will be between 54,000 and 60,000 the full plans will be made public some time in January after they have been submitted for planning permission not much else has came out as confidentiality agreements were signed which was drafted by the LLDC

The Olympic Stadium will feature four stands of retractable seating around the pitch - should West Ham United agree to move to Stratford.

Fans attending an emergency Supporters' Advisory Board meeting at the Boleyn Ground this evening were shown the first ever artists' impression of how the new stadium will look.

And KUMB.com can reveal that this will include fully retractable seating that brings all four stands in the lower tier - which will replace the existing banks of seats - to within a few metres of the playing area.

The new images, which are set to be released to the public in the new year indicated how the new roof, that will cover the entire seating area, will look. Those present at the three-hour meeting were also shown detailed plans of how the rest of the stadium would take shape following its £200million refit.

Unfortunately we are unable to bring you any further details of the stadium or the Club's plans as all members of the SAB were asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) upon entering the meeting room.

However a show of hands requested by co-Chairman David Gold - who gave a short yet passionate speech backing the move - indicated that the vast majority of fans present appeared to support the club's plans for the Olympic Stadium.

Karren Brady, who chaired the meeting also confirmed that a supporters' poll would take place within the next few weeks - although details of exactly what that will entail remain unconfirmed at present.

Former Hammer Tony Cottee also appeared briefly to back the Club's plans.
    Karren Brady's football diary

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 11

OFF to the training ground to show the players our plans for the conversion of the Olympic Stadium for West Hamís use.

They are genuinely excited by the thought of performing regularly on a stage of sheer majesty.

Then it is off to a three-hour meeting of 124 long-term season ticket holders, who make up our Supporters Advisory Board. I show them the visuals of just how close to the action fans will be.

For our fans, the idea of watching across the great divide of an eight-lane athletics track was always the biggest drawback.

Well, the answer is that it will be bridged by retractable seats and the gap between pitch and nearest seating will, at 9.7metres, hardly be much further than the Greg Rutherford jump which won Olympic gold. At Wembley, it is 14.8m.

We have a vote. Two are against (and I suspect there would be even if the stadium was gold-plated and free for everyone), 11 are unsure and 111 vote in favour.

Now we must have a full poll and reach a final agreement with the legacy board. I believe we are on the first step to becoming a football giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jefferies View Post
    i find some of the figures being posted in this thread very suspect which raises a few questions. half a million fans in east london and essex has got to be bullshit surely? and how did they come to this conclusion?
    believe me it is

unless they've just been extra quiet since their departure into the lower leagues, there's probably more hammers fans than spurs or arsenal don't believe for a second there's 500k tho as there's quite a few spurs & arsenal and fair amount of utd fans

Reppin
    The Ends

@BIGDON

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21889864

Why is the UK taxpayer funding the redevelopment, if WHFC want the stadium then they should pay for the conversion, it should come from the proceeds of selling Upton Park.
    Fantastic...a club pulling in millions in tv money puts in £15m and £2m a year and the public purse pays the rest. Couldn't make it up.
    I am a big football fan but I don't see the logic in the Government puting an extra £60 million pounds into the richest sport in the country. Its not as if its going into grass roots sports but to club which almost went bust a few years ago due to overspending.
    If a premier league club wants it, they should pay for it all, otherwise build their own.

At a time of cuts for the poor and with families struggling, throwing 60 million at the richest sport in the world is just sick.
    It was bad enough that we wasted billions in public money on a white elephant. Now another £60million on converting it and giving it to a private business.

Meanwhile Gold and co will sell Upton Park to developers, and then walk away with a hefty profit. Disaster for the West Ham fans (due to the track) and a disaster for Orient.
    The taxpayer should not be funding PL clubs.

What were the other options Messiah?

West Ham >>>>>>>

I just can't picture how it will look as a football stadium.

Reppin
    The Ends

Quote Originally Posted by Hij View Post
    What were the other options Messiah?

West Ham >>>>>>>
    None were being seriously entertained by the 'establishment'.

I thought the best idea was to knock down Crystal Palace and make Stratford the new home of UK athletics. Crystal Palace is not fit for purpose anymore.

You as a Liverpool fan should be pissed. The holy grail of a stadium nearly fucked your club up and now West Ham get one for free and a matchday income far greater than yours (if they fill it)...

They pay £2m a year for 99 years = £198m

I'm pissed but shit happens, Coventry, Man City have stadiums like this already.

If the choice was between Spurs / West Ham I'm glad hammers got it.

Reppin
    The Ends

Quote Originally Posted by Hij View Post
    They pay £2m a year for 99 years = £198m

I'm pissed but shit happens, Coventry, Man City have stadiums like this already.

If the choice was between Spurs / West Ham I'm glad hammers got it.
    Spurs were playing politics, they never really wanted it. They made a bid so that Harringay Council would stop making stupid demands off them.

£2m is peanuts. And in that time they can save the money to build a state of the art stadium outright in 100 years time, about the time Arsenal will need to replace Emirates...

As an aside I went to the Ricoh (Relegation Is Coventry's Only Hope) Arena for the first time last Monday. Was impressed actually.

Yeah but the tax payer get's their money back (what is it £160m?) so £198m will be under £160m + inflation but it's not like they are getting it for free like people are saying. Good deal for them, yes - but there you go.

These opportunities come up sometimes, the deal was willing to be signed by the other side so good luck to them, it's not like a billionaire benefactor turned up like at Chelsea/Man City.

RIP Leyton Orient.

Banned

So what's going to happen to upton park stadium then

Quote Originally Posted by Grime Spirit View Post
    So what's going to happen to upton park stadium then
    Landsale = rich owners. Who obviously are "passionate" fans of the club.