Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BUTTERZ IS THE LABEL iSupport The Elijah's Avatar
    Reppin
    Rinse FM

Default 140 Grime Street- Track By Track (Without even hearing it!)

Pre Order 140 Grime Street here.

Here is my track by track breakdown. Without even hearing it. Most of the CDs follow the same tired formula, so it isn't difficult to work out what the tunes are about.

I bet I am right with most of the guesses, the only tunes I have heard are I like It, Hustler and Anywhere we Go.

1. 140 Grime St - The intro track, likely to be the grimiest beat so you know what your in for. Unlikely to have a hook, and probably very short.
    2. Hustler - The weak lead single, about hustling.
    3. Paper - Another get money tune, for all the goons in the hood to go hard to. Think of I get Money, and Im a Hustler everyone likes those tunes, as everyone likes money right. So can't go wrong with this concept. Likely to be a cheesy hip hop beat as well.
    4. Hunting We Will Go Ft Ghetto - The tune which makes Kano seem like some gun toting maniac. Intense flows a drab but hard hitting beat. Will be a favourite among Movement style Grime heads.
    5. These Mcs Ft Skepta - The track about waste mcs, and Mcs that don't do what they say. If the beat is by Skepta this will be a treat. Expect witty lyrics from Skepta (if we haven't already heard them) and fast flows from Kano.
    6. We Gangsta - With a title like this, has to be "bait hip hop" This is not a term used in grime at all. Expect it to be the same sort of thing as Hustler.
    7. Anywhere We Go Ft Wiley - Wiley production. Good tune! It has been battered by Logan init, if you ain't heard it you are late.
    8. Missing Me - 8 tracks in after talking about money, guns and drugs for 30 mins, we need to chill out, and listen to sweetboy riddim. Expect Davinche production.
    9. Seems Like Things Have Changed - The good old days, reminicing track, you know, every thing was better back in the day, coke was 99pence for a litre, Nasty Crew used be sick every Monday type tune.
    10.Don't Come Around Here - So you have got 2 "soft" tunes, now back into the hard, grimey anthems. This is probably the best tune on the disc.

Theres six more tunes, lord knows what he is going to talk about on the rest. Buy it and see.

11.I Stand By It
    12.Soldier Ft Mikey J
    13.I Like It
    14.Off Licence
    15.Too Advanced
    16.Aim For The Sky

Heres Kanos Freestyle from Westwood.

Fire!

Go to the actual article on Butterz blogspot

Reppin
    Hull

how very cynical to suggest all grime artists use the same formula for their releases!

Custom User Title iSupport
    Reppin
    South East

lol
    off the pub

Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires

lool @ u
    PSN: blaccat

Officially A Fully Pledged
    Grime Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaiJaBoY View Post
    lool @ u
    i cant remember agreeing with elijah in my forum history. ever.

but

this tune really is fuckin weak.

probably on point

lol i like your report very good 8/10 but its not far off from a carter review
    Quote Originally Posted by critic of musical arts View Post
    Big up skeps tho same way. Definitely a Grimeforum hall of famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellessdee View Post
    they've obviously said "ooooooooooh don't get us started on our kid, the only thing that motivates the little tike is a bacon cob. shy lad he is an' all. hit the tv john the colours gone again"
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown. Poster View Post
    Going to prison is your biggest achievement ever, your mother is a disgrace.

It Don't Make Sense To Me
    Shit Posters Wanna Send For Me

All you threads is about hate hate hate.

Cool... Seen
    This Thread Won't Be Big In The Scene!
    22 Negs On Your Post... Seen
    Reppin
    NottinGham

lol elijah

im gonna read this again when i hear the cd

although i expect ur probably right for most of them

All probably true. And i think im gonna hate this album; "hustler" "paper" gangsta" "soldier"

I Type Posts On Spiderman Rooftops W.A.R Martial's Avatar

He's kinda right looking at it kano hasn't really got a wide array of concept in his thought's when writing to somg's! it's either hustling which he get's most of the thought from his rap idle jay-z, or da odd gun lyric, or sweetboy song's which is his speciality!

to me when kano went mainstream he fell of as he tried to mould himself on jay-z way to much!

when he was doing grime an spittin ya'll no it's K-A do i play N-O dat's when he was at peak for me!

for a guy who liked to be the uk's answer to a big lyricist with ferocious flow's an amazin energy he kinda let us all down......

First single off 140 Grime St isn't even grime. Big statement Kano. His American twang and swagger don't help things either.

I Was Like You Rudeboy
    I Had No Rep To Giiiiivve

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post

Pre Order 140 Grime Street here.

Here is my track by track breakdown. Without even hearing it. Most of the CDs follow the same tired formula, so it isn't difficult to work out what the tunes are about.

I bet I am right with most of the guesses, the only tunes I have heard are I like It, Hustler and Anywhere we Go.

1. 140 Grime St - The intro track, likely to be the grimiest beat so you know what your in for. Unlikely to have a hook, and probably very short.
    3. Paper - Another get money tune, for all the goons in the hood to go hard to. Think of I get Money, and Im a Hustler everyone likes those tunes, as everyone likes money right. So can't go wrong with this concept. Likely to be a cheesy hip hop beat as well.
    4. Hunting We Will Go Ft Ghetto - The tune which makes Kano seem like some gun toting maniac. Intense flows a drab but hard hitting beat. Will be a favourite among Movement style Grime heads.
    5. These Mcs Ft Skepta - The track about waste mcs, and Mcs that don't do what they say. If the beat is by Skepta this will be a treat. Expect witty lyrics from Skepta (if we haven't already heard them) and fast flows from Kano.
    6. We Gangsta - With a title like this, has to be "bait hip hop" This is not a term used in grime at all. Expect it to be the same sort of thing as Hustler.
    7. Anywhere We Go Ft Wiley - Wiley production. Good tune! It has been battered by Logan init, if you ain't heard it you are late.
    8. Missing Me - 8 tracks in after talking about money, guns and drugs for 30 mins, we need to chill out, and listen to sweetboy riddim. Expect Davinche production.
    9. Seems Like Things Have Changed - The good old days, reminicing track, you know, every thing was better back in the day, coke was 99pence for a litre, Nasty Crew used be sick every Monday type tune.
    10.Don't Come Around Here - So you have got 2 "soft" tunes, now back into the hard, grimey anthems. This is probably the best tune on the disc.

Theres six more tunes, lord knows what he is going to talk about on the rest. Buy it and see.

11.I Stand By It
    12.Soldier Ft Mikey J
    13.I Like It
    14.Off Licence
    15.Too Advanced
    16.Aim For The Sky

Heres Kanos Freestyle from Westwood.

Fire!

Go to the actual article on Butterz blogspot
    oi eli firstly hustler is atune so shutttttttt yaaaaaaaaa muh, maybe not a great single but it should chart!!

plus your point on don't come around here is crap, its a davinche beat but beforeyou get excited its him since he's been in the us but its a decent dipset beat and kano goes on like an american and even has a little t pain vocoder in there but its is a good tune but not enough gritty or british for me...... your prob right about most of the rest but i hope the rest isn't in this vein as some of the tracks are fire and ihope he doesn't fall into scorcher or ghetto's trap and goes for his amercian swagger.

btw davinche beats pre 06>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anythin recent, although i like it is a sick club tune still!!!

In b4 140GS, whoop whoop.

I Was Like You Rudeboy
    I Had No Rep To Giiiiivve

btw type don't come around here into youtube and you can hear a rip of it..... its ok but not in the league of signs in life or p's and q's.

Original. iDonate

think it looks good link dont work bdw

Original. iDonate

i want to order it but then again i dont want my credit card details stolen edit 10 wtf!

I'm Levels Above It's Blatant
    Now Check My Punctuation
    Reppin
    MK41/UB8

i like it - have u not heard that to write something about it, davinche production its a big tune

Grime Forum OG iDonate Garybouba's Avatar
    Reppin
    Gordon

I think "13.I Like It" will be a type of funky/summer tune, maybe Kano's next single release.

Something for the summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonCowellOfGrime View Post
    dutty yano

Quote Originally Posted by critic of musical arts View Post
    Big up skeps tho same way. Definitely a Grimeforum hall of famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellessdee View Post
    they've obviously said "ooooooooooh don't get us started on our kid, the only thing that motivates the little tike is a bacon cob. shy lad he is an' all. hit the tv john the colours gone again"
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown. Poster View Post
    Going to prison is your biggest achievement ever, your mother is a disgrace.