Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 438389909192939495 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1882
  1. #1841
    Super Moderator Xtra P's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    26,041
    Rep Power
    1305

    Default

    Walcott is shit, Lukaku isn't lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Block19 View Post
    I made gun fingers when they lowered your nans coffin into the ground
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanger View Post
    girls r like children except more retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerillatoker View Post
    I've known a few gay people and not one has ever tried to rape me
    Quote Originally Posted by L.E.V View Post
    I am living proof that shit evaporates

  2. #1842
    Super Moderator Hutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Reppin
    Shitty Wok
    Posts
    15,165
    Rep Power
    1373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtra P View Post
    Walcott is shit, Lukaku isn't lol
    Mad, it was the complete opposite a couple years ago according to Arsenal fans.

  3. #1843
    Super Moderator Cazorla's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Reppin
    Arsenal
    Posts
    6,476
    Rep Power
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    lol at not knowing in a team like Arsenal you need to be able to link up with the attacking midfielders more efficiently. Playing for Everton and playing for Arsenal is different. Teams sit back against Arsenal.

    People just looking at stats as always. Watch him and you'll see his passing is average.
    Obviously he will improve as he gets older but right now Everton is his level.

    Swear ppl wanted Walcott up front at one point for Arsenal? His passing is worse thank Lukaku but ppl thought he would bang in goals. Look how that turned out...
    Looking at stats yeah?

    It's clear from watching him, he's improved. Grabbed some articles from 1st page of google search that agree, even says Martinez put him to work on that part of his game as it wasn't up to scratch

    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...entre-10374246

    https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/03...s-most-improv/

    https://www.theguardian.com/football/...-didier-drogba

    https://readeverton.com/2015/10/19/ma...play-improved/

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...lu-Lukaku.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Shower Posse View Post
    Januzaj >>>

    The one saviour of our season. He is going to be on stuff next season
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
    Shaw will be competing with alaba for best LB in the world soon.

  4. #1844
    Super Moderator Xtra P's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    26,041
    Rep Power
    1305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Mad, it was the complete opposite a couple years ago according to Arsenal fans.
    Walcott aint fit to lace Romelu's boots tbh would swap plus give them 40 mil on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Block19 View Post
    I made gun fingers when they lowered your nans coffin into the ground
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanger View Post
    girls r like children except more retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerillatoker View Post
    I've known a few gay people and not one has ever tried to rape me
    Quote Originally Posted by L.E.V View Post
    I am living proof that shit evaporates

  5. #1845
    Super Moderator The Messiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Reppin
    The Ends
    Posts
    19,245
    Rep Power
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Not really. His link up play is still not good enough which showed again yesterday, he was shit last night until he took advantage of our defending late in the game. He's not a better player than Costa overall he can just bully through teams more effectively. That doesn't work when teams sit deep against us and counter which is most teams.

    28m for him you cant say no. I'd still rather have Costa up front than him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jefferies View Post
    Yeah but he's 22.
    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Cazorla View Post
    Lukaku's link up play has improved a this season. He's up the top for assists in terms of strikers, creates more chances than majority of strikers in the league as well, not as good in the air as he should be though.
    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Gai Sensei View Post
    Lukaku's link up play is very good wtf?

    Also has a great engine and he WILL score goals.

    Would love him at Arsenal
    Wanted us to buy him when Chelsea were selling tbh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
    LOL AT PEOPLE CHATTING ABOUT LINK UP PLAY NOT BEING GOOD ENOUGH

    he's a striker and he's banging in goals
    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtra P View Post
    Walcott aint fit to lace Romelu's boots tbh would swap plus give them 40 mil on top.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by SKENGMAN MODE View Post
    your not real life... just something of the internet

  6. #1846
    Super Moderator Cazorla's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Reppin
    Arsenal
    Posts
    6,476
    Rep Power
    293

    Default

    Club goals before age of 23 vs selected others

    Ronaldo 194
    Raul 145
    Lionel Messi 127
    Sergio Aguero 124
    *Romelu Lukaku (with two months remaining) 119*
    Michael Owen 111
    Cristiano Ronaldo 97
    Fernando Torres 97
    Wayne Rooney 94
    Luis Suarez 77
    David Villa 70
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic 69
    Alan Shearer 65
    Thierry Henry 57

    https://www.football365.com/news/rome...ous-statistics
    Quote Originally Posted by Shower Posse View Post
    Januzaj >>>

    The one saviour of our season. He is going to be on stuff next season
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
    Shaw will be competing with alaba for best LB in the world soon.

  7. #1847
    Super Moderator Hutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Reppin
    Shitty Wok
    Posts
    15,165
    Rep Power
    1373

    Default

    Not sure what posting goal stats proves when I was talking about his link up. Looks like he's gonna be better than Ronaldo and Suarez though >>>>>

    Anyway at no point have I said he's not a good striker I just think his link up is overrated when you look at how often he holds up play. His passing isn't good enough yet.

  8. #1848
    Super Moderator Cazorla's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Reppin
    Arsenal
    Posts
    6,476
    Rep Power
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Not sure what posting goal stats proves when I was talking about his link up. Looks like he's gonna be better than Ronaldo and Suarez though >>>>>

    Anyway at no point have I said he's not a good striker I just think his link up is overrated when you look at how often he holds up play. His passing isn't good enough yet.
    Those goals stats weren't posted towards you, just found them in the attached article and thought it was impressive.

    The other articles that agreed his link up play has improved a lot, including Martinez and Lukaku himself saying he needed to work on that side of his game, so did and had improved, were aimed at you though.

    You can say oh stats this stats that, I form opinions from watching the game and use stats to back an argument, his passing %, chances created, key passes and assists are the best they've been in 4 seasons, he's out performing Giroud in every area except aerial balls won, and Giroud is lauded for his link up play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shower Posse View Post
    Januzaj >>>

    The one saviour of our season. He is going to be on stuff next season
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
    Shaw will be competing with alaba for best LB in the world soon.

  9. #1849
    Super Moderator Hutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Reppin
    Shitty Wok
    Posts
    15,165
    Rep Power
    1373

    Default

    Yeah I watch the game too. The reason Giroud is lauded for it is because it's a different style, it's his link up in and around the box against a team sitting 10 men behind the ball. Lukaku is more of a hold the ball up then lay it off into space like Deeney yesterday for Watford's 2nd goal for example.

    I'm not disputing the fact that Lukaku has improved in that area since his Chelsea days but do you realise how bad it was back then? Improving from that isn't hard. I just can't see it at that level yet where he could consistently play 3 or 4 1 touch passes in the box without it bouncing off him or the weight of pass being wrong.

    Again I'm not saying he wouldn't score goals for a team like Arsenal. But I think he would take away from others in your team.

  10. #1850
    I Make Posts On A Regular
    Join Date
    August 2015
    Age
    28
    Posts
    130
    Rep Power
    18

    Default


  11. #1851
    Super Moderator Hutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Reppin
    Shitty Wok
    Posts
    15,165
    Rep Power
    1373

    Default

    Probably gonna get banned for that match fixing thing in Italy before he takes over lol.


    I'm happy with Hiddink but Conte seems the type of guy to give them a kick up the arse and tell the ones not trying to fuck off. As long as he doesn't do a villas boas and do it all in 1 month I think he will be good for us.

  12. #1852
    Super Moderator Cazorla's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Reppin
    Arsenal
    Posts
    6,476
    Rep Power
    293

    Default

    Chelsea legend Torres hits double figures in the league for the first time since 09/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shower Posse View Post
    Januzaj >>>

    The one saviour of our season. He is going to be on stuff next season
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
    Shaw will be competing with alaba for best LB in the world soon.

  13. #1853
    Super Moderator Hutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Reppin
    Shitty Wok
    Posts
    15,165
    Rep Power
    1373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cazorla View Post
    Chelsea legend Torres hits double figures in the league for the first time since 09/10.
    Inb4 he scores in the CL final and wins it again.

  14. #1854
    Super Moderator Hutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Reppin
    Shitty Wok
    Posts
    15,165
    Rep Power
    1373

    Default

    So we have been fined 375,000 for failing to control players in the Spurs game. Spurs fined 225,000.
    They got 9 yellow cards during the game, should have got 2 reds and had 1 player retrospectively banned.
    We still get a bigger fine

    The FA are a joke


    Oh Conte was acquitted on those match fixing charges too.

  15. #1855
    Super Moderator The Messiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Reppin
    The Ends
    Posts
    19,245
    Rep Power
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    So we have been fined 375,000 for failing to control players in the Spurs game. Spurs fined 225,000.
    They got 9 yellow cards during the game, should have got 2 reds and had 1 player retrospectively banned.
    We still get a bigger fine

    The FA are a joke


    Oh Conte was acquitted on those charges too.
    Did they take into account previous for the fines though?
    Quote Originally Posted by SKENGMAN MODE View Post
    your not real life... just something of the internet

  16. #1856
    Super Moderator Hutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Reppin
    Shitty Wok
    Posts
    15,165
    Rep Power
    1373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    Did they take into account previous for the fines though?
    No idea I only saw the headline on sky sports news. With it being 'failure to control players' surely Spurs should be getting a bigger fine or at least equal as they were much more out of control. You can't just fine us more because Costa has been banned earlier in the season and Jose used to slate the FA

  17. #1857
    Super Moderator Hutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Reppin
    Shitty Wok
    Posts
    15,165
    Rep Power
    1373

  18. #1858
    Super Moderator The Messiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Reppin
    The Ends
    Posts
    19,245
    Rep Power
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    No idea I only saw the headline on sky sports news. With it being 'failure to control players' surely Spurs should be getting a bigger fine or at least equal as they were much more out of control. You can't just fine us more because Costa has been banned earlier in the season and Jose used to slate the FA
    Actually you can and you should. Chelsea have had quite a few of these charges before.

    I remember the Vieira days when we'd get ever increasing fines for minor offences. Chelsea aren't getting specially harsh treatment IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKENGMAN MODE View Post
    your not real life... just something of the internet

  19. #1859
    Super Moderator Hutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Reppin
    Shitty Wok
    Posts
    15,165
    Rep Power
    1373

    Default

    Nah that's pathetic tbh. I could understand if it was Costa getting a ban which is then increased as he had previous. This was a team thing that occurred during the course of 90 mins and was clearly more Spurs than us. Jose talking about referees and Costa being banned before doesn't come into play when guys like Cesc and Hazard are getting dirty challenges on them and Hiddink getting knocked over because of a bundle of players/coaching staff.

    Surprised Costa wasn't charged for attempting to hurt Dembele's finger with his eye.

  20. #1860
    Super Moderator The Messiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Reppin
    The Ends
    Posts
    19,245
    Rep Power
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Nah that's pathetic tbh. I could understand if it was Costa getting a ban which is then increased as he had previous. This was a team thing that occurred during the course of 90 mins and was clearly more Spurs than us. Jose talking about referees and Costa being banned before doesn't come into play when guys like Cesc and Hazard are getting dirty challenges on them and Hiddink getting knocked over because of a bundle of players/coaching staff.

    Surprised Costa wasn't charged for attempting to hurt Dembele's finger with his eye.
    https://www.thefa.com/news/governance...n-fined-260116

    https://www.thefa.com/news/governance...-chelsea-fined

    https://www.thefa.com/news/governance...september-2015

    That is just this season alone. Your team has plenty of previous.

    As far as I could see it was Tottenham's first offence this season. I'm pretty sure that is why you guys got the bigger fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKENGMAN MODE View Post
    your not real life... just something of the internet

Similar Threads

  1. The official Chelsea racism thread
    By Mazer Rackham in forum Sports
    Replies: 408
    Last Post: 6th March '15, 02:11 PM
  2. Replies: 201
    Last Post: 30th April '09, 07:48 PM
  3. The Official Arsenal Vs Chelsea FA Cup Semi Final Thread
    By Jack Man Everyday Blatant in forum Sports
    Replies: 272
    Last Post: 22nd April '09, 01:03 AM
  4. Man Utd v Chelsea Official Thread
    By DTI in forum Sports
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 12th January '09, 05:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •