PDA

View Full Version : Insider at Liverpool Confirms Robbie Keane Deal

Hij
17th July '08, 04:12 PM
Confirmed by 'Elisha Scott' who has confirmed other transfers in the past a couple days before, including Robbie Fowler

Everything is done, fee, personal terms. He just needs to have his medical. Hopefully that will be today/tomorrow....

48 hours from now, if hes not signed, Ill negative rep myself :D

FG
17th July '08, 04:14 PM
Good. Fuck Spurs.

Eric Cantona
17th July '08, 04:17 PM
I don't get Liverpool sometimes.

Hij
17th July '08, 04:18 PM
Keane is fucking sick!!

His goal against Chelsea last year.... was it for 4-4? Sheer class.

RIP Jakey
17th July '08, 04:20 PM
Nah Keane is alot I rate him very highly, just depends on whether his and Torres's styles compliment eachother.

Hij
17th July '08, 04:24 PM
Also today Ramos came out and said the following

Juande Ramos has refused to rule out the sale of either Dimitar Berbatov or Robbie Keane, but believes that Tottenham will still be capable of challenging for the top four.
The Spanish coach is currently putting his players through their paces at a pre-season training camp in Oliva, just south of Valencia.
Berbatov has been strongly linked with a move to Manchester United, with Barcelona also showing an interest, while Rafa Benitez has confirmed Liverpool's admiration for Keane.

Eric Cantona
17th July '08, 04:27 PM
I rate Keane alot.

But if i wanted to win the League i wouldn't be spending my transfer budget on him.

Im sure he cost alot as well.

Xtra P
17th July '08, 04:30 PM
Keane is a decent player, if he clicks well with Torres Liverpool will have a formidable forward line.

Spurs must be pissed especially if the lose Berbatov aswell which I suspect they will! :laugh:

Eric Cantona
17th July '08, 04:32 PM
Keane is a decent player, if he clicks well with Torres Liverpool will have a formidable forward line.

Spurs must be pissed especially if the lose Berbatov aswell which I suspect they will! :laugh:

There going to get around 40-50 Million for the pair of them though.

Ramos already made some good signing's, i reckon he will buy some good replacements

Xtra P
17th July '08, 04:55 PM
There going to get around 40-50 Million for the pair of them though.

Ramos already made some good signing's, i reckon he will buy some good replacements

We'll see but I doubt they will get replacements that are better than Keane & Berbatov.

Arkan
17th July '08, 04:57 PM
If both leave spurs, i think they';ll go for aguero and milito

Eric Cantona
17th July '08, 05:01 PM
If both leave spurs, i think they';ll go for aguero and milito

LOL at Ageuro at Spurs though. He don't want to leave Atletico and if he does it will be to a big club like Barcelona or Man Utd.

Xtra P
17th July '08, 05:18 PM
LOL at Ageuro at Spurs though. He don't want to leave Atletico and if he does it will be to a big club like Barcelona or Man Utd.

Exactly, not many top player with ambition would want to sign for spurs, their strike force will be weak next season.

Grimes
17th July '08, 05:39 PM
lvierpool need international superstars not robbie keane

Grimes
17th July '08, 05:40 PM
we might as well buy michael owen

Hij
17th July '08, 05:41 PM
we might as well buy michael owen

Keane is quicker, stronger and better (at this stage of his career IMO)

The Egghead
17th July '08, 05:58 PM
Anything that makes spurs fans pissed off is cool with me.
I dont know why i hate spurs so much tho.

Nine Bar
17th July '08, 06:44 PM
ive been saying to my people for time now that arsenal are gonna flop and finish out of the top 4, liverpool are gonna get much closer to chelsea n man utd this season, and villa or tottenham are gonna finish 4th.

Keane is absolutely showa, shutup. his an all round striker, strong, quick, can score from anywhere, with left, right and his head, also has a celebration that i use.

well done rafa, now if he buys barry, id say they are gonna get very close.

Xtra P
17th July '08, 06:49 PM
ive been saying to my people for time now that arsenal are gonna flop and finish out of the top 4, liverpool are gonna get much closer to chelsea n man utd this season, and villa or tottenham are gonna finish 4th.
Keane is absolutely showa, shutup. his an all round striker, strong, quick, can score from anywhere, with left, right and his head, also has a celebration that i use.

well done rafa, now if he buys barry, id say they are gonna get very close.

Not gonna happen but keep dreaming!

Wasn't that supposed to happen last season??

It seems some people never learn smh

Nine Bar
17th July '08, 06:58 PM
but xtra, think about it really, hleb gone, adebayor looks like he wants to go, flamini gone, silva gone. your midfield is broken rosicky on the wing and fabregas thats it.

if you dont buy arshavin and a proven showa centre midfielder youve no chance of the league and will struggle to keep 4th imo.

on another note, if keane goes liverpool and berbatov goes man utd, ramos wants luis garcia, but a proven goalscorer like fabiano will be showa with dos santos.

But 4th place down to 7th/8th will be very close i think. The teams in the mix will be
Arsenal
tottenham
villa
everton
man city
pompy
newcastle
blackburn

Xtra P
17th July '08, 07:11 PM
but xtra, think about it really, hleb gone, adebayor looks like he wants to go, flamini gone, silva gone. your midfield is broken rosicky on the wing and fabregas thats it.

if you dont buy arshavin and a proven showa centre midfielder youve no chance of the league and will struggle to keep 4th imo.

on another note, if keane goes liverpool and berbatov goes man utd, ramos wants luis garcia, but a proven goalscorer like fabiano will be showa with dos santos.

But 4th place down to 7th/8th will be very close i think. The teams in the mix will be
Arsenal
tottenham
villa
everton
man city
pompy
newcastle
blackburn

Cortz.. people were sayin the same thing when Viera left & when Henry left, whenever arsenal lose a player everyone predicts doom, every team loses players but players can be replaced!

Losing Hleb & Silva isn't going to do much damage they can be replaced, Flamini was an important player but song & Denilson are more than capable of filling that void & as for Adebeyor, he hasn't gone nowhere yet but if he does end up going Wenger will replace him, we also have Vela comming back & Wallcott is improving every year, things are looking good for Arsenal.

Spurs have lost their main strike force & Villa are gonna lose their captain & heart of their team, what makes you think they will finish above Arsenal??

The only thing I can proberly agree with is that Liverpool will do ok next season but still not better than Arsenal, I love it when people underestimate the Gunners it just makes us more focussed, Wenger has stated that he intends to bring 1 or 2 more players in.

Nine Bar
17th July '08, 08:04 PM
Song is crap. Denilson needs to go out on loan to a championship side imo.
Villa wont finish above arsenal but if tottenham buy a 20 mill striker and a second striker i think they'll get 4th.

Arsenal have a weaker goalie then the big 3, a weaker centre half partnership, they have one good full back, centre mids cant test the big 3, neither can their wide man or their strikers.
They are a good team with youth players and very hot prospects for the future, theres no way there gonna challenge fpr the title.

But they've proved me wrong before and of course it can happen again, maybe im just hoping it will happen more than positively thinking it will because as a fan outside the top 4 clubs we do always wish and think one team can break into it but hand on heart i think this will be the year.

still a good 6 weeks before the transfer market closes so anything can happen though.

Eric Cantona
17th July '08, 08:08 PM
Arsenal are slipping if you ask me, can't see any one breaking top 4 yet though.

Spurs are looking good though

Modric, Dos Santos & Gomes IN so far looks promising

Xtra P
17th July '08, 08:41 PM
How are Arsenal slipping??

Its actually the opposite!

We improved last season!

Anyway talk/typing is cheap, we will see init.

Ryddel
17th July '08, 08:48 PM
nah in hij's post no direct quotes from ramos... i can link some quotes which say something a lil different and bare hate for spurs on this forum fuck yall, lol @ paying reported 20m for keane and 28-30m for berbatov i wouldnt pay that for berbatov, and i support spurs he's bare inconsistent and often moans alot , if United sign him a lot of fans will get annoyed with his body language and behaviour on pitch

Danny Trejo
17th July '08, 08:50 PM
lvierpool need international superstars not robbie keane

Ryddel
17th July '08, 08:54 PM
and if these two strikers are "suposedly" leaving never believe ITK then we need to GOOD forwards to cover and DM e.g. Albelda / Veloso & some decent back up centre halfs, im not sayin we will break into top 4 im not the stereotypical spurs fan, so im not jewish or believe we gonna do really well every season obviously im optimistic but i dont say we will this we will that etc.

Nine Bar
17th July '08, 09:02 PM
Ryddel, Martin jol and ramos are diff to Mr Ferguson, Berbatov wont be throwing his dummy out at old trafford, plus he'll get much more support and chances to deliver the goods. Id pay the 25 mill, hes still got his best years ahead of him.

Ryddel
17th July '08, 09:05 PM
Villa wont finish above arsenal but if tottenham buy a 20 mill striker and a second striker i think they'll get 4th.

Arsenal have a weaker goalie then the big 3, a weaker centre half partnership, they have one good full back, centre mids cant test the big 3, neither can their wide man or their strikers.
They are a good team with youth players and very hot prospects for the future, theres no way there gonna challenge fpr the title.

But they've proved me wrong before and of course it can happen again, maybe im just hoping it will happen more than positively thinking it will because as a fan outside the top 4 clubs we do always wish and think one team can break into it but hand on heart i think this will be the year.

still a good 6 weeks before the transfer market closes so anything can happen though.

Bruv most of that post their was complete shite, Terry is over hyped no pace whats so ever just bredded by english media as "Mr. Passionate" Carvalho is the better overall defender, Liverpool have pretty poor CB's i don't rate Carragher at all a less injury prone and slower Ledley King also Samii Hypia is losing it now their wingers are shite if its Pennant and Benayoun compared to Arsenal's, Almunia is probably the worst keeper from the top 4, also FB are good at arsenal you got Sagna and Clichy who are both good FB's who are better than Ferreira & A.Cole at Chelsea, i can't even remember liverpool's FB but they aint all that United have a weak right FB but left is good with Evra, Fabregas can hold it up against the best although Chelsea probably have the better CM partnership with Ballack and Lampard and Essien as they are one of the most scoring and overall best CM partnership, Liverpool have Gerrard who everyone knows his strengths as a box-to-box CM when Xabi Alonso plays they are a better team i think than when Mascherano plays, and Arsenal's strike force is pretty shit, compared to the others but that's is about the only area they can't compare against the other 3 teams.

That was painfully written by a Spurs fan.

Ryddel
17th July '08, 09:10 PM
Ryddel, Martin jol and ramos are diff to Mr Ferguson, Berbatov wont be throwing his dummy out at old trafford, plus he'll get much more support and chances to deliver the goods. Id pay the 25 mill, hes still got his best years ahead of him.

Well that's poor professionalism if he acts like a bitch at one club where the players aren't big superstars, but then gets all shook just because he's at a club with a higher stature than his previous club, also it shows he has a bad personality. Not denying the fact that SAF is alot more known but still Ramos has still competed and challenged spain's big boys and also beat them plenty of times etc. Also Ramos and Robinson completely ignore each other at Spurs, dont even talk to each other *From Mr. Robinson himself to a mate on holiday*

The Messiah
17th July '08, 10:05 PM

Arsenal
tottenham
villa
everton
man city
pompy
newcastle
blackburn

What a load of bullshit. I've heard it before though...

Bruv most of that post their was complete shite, Terry is over hyped no pace whats so ever just bredded by english media as "Mr. Passionate" Carvalho is the better overall defender, Liverpool have pretty poor CB's i don't rate Carragher at all a less injury prone and slower Ledley King also Samii Hypia is losing it now their wingers are shite if its Pennant and Benayoun compared to Arsenal's, Almunia is probably the worst keeper from the top 4, also FB are good at arsenal you got Sagna and Clichy who are both good FB's who are better than Ferreira & A.Cole at Chelsea, i can't even remember liverpool's FB but they aint all that United have a weak right FB but left is good with Evra, Fabregas can hold it up against the best although Chelsea probably have the better CM partnership with Ballack and Lampard and Essien as they are one of the most scoring and overall best CM partnership, Liverpool have Gerrard who everyone knows his strengths as a box-to-box CM when Xabi Alonso plays they are a better team i think than when Mascherano plays, and Arsenal's strike force is pretty shit, compared to the others but that's is about the only area they can't compare against the other 3 teams.

Reds are nails.
I admire your honesty. Rep given.

How Spurs fans can think they can challenge for CL this season, is beyond me. Shows complete and utter disregard for Everton/Villa who I think are better football teams. Season after next? Perhaps...

... and why does everyone assume that it's Arsenal that are the ones that are going to slip? Or is that just the Spurs fans wet dream? The only members of the "top 4" that haven't finished in that mini league in recent years is Liverpool...

Eric Cantona
17th July '08, 10:11 PM
Spurs nearly had 4th few season's back and proply would of if there players didn't all get ill before that West Ham game.

They clinched 5th 2 seasons on the trot the 2 seasons before last season. They started really bad last season and now people saying there not that good. Arsenal fasn like to think Spurs are shit and can't compete but now, they got an better mananger and better team, if not this season, next season they will compete with the top 4.

Grimes
17th July '08, 10:32 PM
at the end of the day arsenal have regressed while every other team has progressed or have remained static

Ryddel
17th July '08, 11:41 PM
I think im the only spurs fan in this thread and i dont think we will challenge this year for 4th i think the weakest team is liverpool in the top 4, i suspect us to progress alot from last season and challenge 5th & 6th place, there's still 6 weeks untill transfer window shuts so lets see what happens

out there
17th July '08, 11:51 PM
I think im the only spurs fan in this thread and i dont think we will challenge this year for 4th i think the weakest team is liverpool in the top 4, i suspect us to progress alot from last season and challenge 5th & 6th place, there's still 6 weeks untill transfer window shuts so lets see what happens

im a spurs fan

dun kniowwwwwwwwww
and we reaching either 6th.5th.4th dis year

Anonymous
18th July '08, 02:03 AM
Tbh, I cant see Keane being signed by Monday.
On a side note, because I cant be bothered to make a new topic, LOL @ Eto'o signing with some Uzbekistan club.

Ryddel
18th July '08, 02:53 AM
Tbh, I cant see Keane being signed by Monday.
On a side note, because I cant be bothered to make a new topic, LOL @ Eto'o signing with some Uzbekistan club.

yeah bruv i've seen them links around

team called Kuruvichi or sank, apparently they offered $40m i don't know what that is im guessing their currency but if it's american then that's roughly 35m for 4 year contract, some money grabbing antics can't knock his hustle deffo a good move for eto'o *sarcasm levels=Extremely high*

Grimes
18th July '08, 10:31 AM

LMAO the most bullshit ever

Why are tottenham fans so deluded,

1. Terry may be a little over emphasised by the media but you cannot deny his contribution. Like to say carvalho has played every home game for Chelsea.

2.if we have pretty poor cbs how come the only team who have conceded less than us were chelsea and manutd. I can't even think about what you said about carragher. Carragher isn't that slow off the ball he always catches his man. Carragher is better than ledley king for that exact reason he knows how to defend without putting his body on the line and ledley king was there all them times last season when you used to get brushed. Liverpools defensive stats always seem to be better than Tottenhams hmm.

3)WHAT WINGERS !!!! LMAO . What wingers do arsenal have. Eboue?? LMAO. Rosicky and helb aren't wingers and their contribution to their team isn't that better if any than benayouns

4. our fullbacks are badmans, till january you had man like anthony gardner and paul staleri. Riise just went roma, arbeloa from real madrid and aurelio from valencia and you know finnan is a badman

if you don't want war don't get involved in the bumbaclart war

about nails

Nine Bar
18th July '08, 10:49 AM
Like i said arsenal have the poorest squad compared to the other 3, and thats why they will struggle even for 4th spot.

Lol at carragher being shit, hes probably the best all round defender, left back, right back, centre back, hes probably the best defender in england right now imo.

Sagna and clichy better then chelseas? Clichy's good but cole has class, sagna is shit and even ferraira is better than him, have u not heard of jose bosingwa?

Arsenal are slipping.

Xtra P
18th July '08, 11:09 AM
Like i said arsenal have the poorest squad compared to the other 3, and thats why they will struggle even for 4th spot.

Lol at carragher being shit, hes probably the best all round defender, left back, right back, centre back, hes probably the best defender in england right now imo.

Sagna and clichy better then chelseas? Clichy's good but cole has class, sagna is shit and even ferraira is better than him, have u not heard of jose bosingwa?

Arsenal are slipping.

And yet he couldn't get in the england team.. go figure.

Xtra P
18th July '08, 11:12 AM
If you think Cole & ferraira are better than Sagna & Clichy then you are truely lost!

Im guessing you didn't see the team of the season!

Sagna was the best right back last season & Clichy was pipped by Evra which is understandable.

No mention of ferraira or cole!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7396696.stm

Nine Bar
18th July '08, 11:14 AM

that was how many years ago? im sure McClaren and Cappello have asked both Carragher and Scholes to come out of retirement to play for England?

so go figure...

Eric Cantona
18th July '08, 11:16 AM
Ashley Cole is better then Clichy.

Clichy may be in better form last season but he ain't better then Ashley Cole.

Nine Bar
18th July '08, 11:17 AM
If you think Cole & ferraira are better than Sagna & Clichy' then you are truely lost!

Im guessing you didn't se the team of the season!

anyone can make a team of the season mate, im not lost i no my football and i dont look at a biased view, Im sure if you still had cole at arsenal you would be saying how good he is, Euro's ronaldo v cole, ronaldo didnt do him once, you cant tell me man, your an arsenal fan so your obviously gonna protect your team.

Xtra P
18th July '08, 11:26 AM
anyone can make a team of the season mate, im not lost i no my football and i dont look at a biased view, Im sure if you still had cole at arsenal you would be saying how good he is, Euro's ronaldo v cole, ronaldo didnt do him once, you cant tell me man, your an arsenal fan so your obviously gonna protect your team.

I keep it real, I hate Manure but I admit that Evra is better than Clichy so you can't accuse me of being biased, cole has declined since joining Chelsea anyone can see that!

Most of the experts & anyone one with common sense would agree with that team of the season, you just have hate for Arsenal & its clowding your vision.

Xtra P
18th July '08, 11:30 AM
You man are lost.com

Nine Bar
18th July '08, 11:34 AM
I keep it real, I hate Manure but I admit that Evra is better than Clichy, cole has declined since joining Chelsea anyone can see that!

Most of the experts & anyone one with common sense would agree with that team of the season, you just have hate for Arsenal & its clowding your vision.

you admit that evra is better than clichy because its impossible to say anything else, same as cole is better, you cant compare a World Class International regular to a french boy who is still learning the graft.

get real man, i can go on all day cuz im not worng mate, i have nothing against arsenal im a villa fan, you just cant admit it because your an arsenal fan i have been in your situation before and have defended my team and players, but sometimes you have to admit truth...

Eric Cantona
18th July '08, 11:34 AM
If Wenger could choose he'd have Ashley Cole back at the club over Clichy

Xtra P
18th July '08, 11:38 AM
you admit that evra is better than clichy because its impossible to say anything else, same as cole is better, you cant compare a World Class International regular to a french boy who is still learning the graft.

get real man, i can go on all day cuz im not worng mate, i have nothing against arsenal im a villa fan, you just cant admit it because your an arsenal fan i have been in your situation before and have defended my team and players, but sometimes you have to admit truth...

Your truth isn't my truth so lets agree to disagree because I know im right & you aint gonna change my mind

Xtra P
18th July '08, 11:38 AM
If Wenger could choose he'd have Ashley Cole back at the club over Clichy

I seiously doubt that cuz!

Nine Bar
18th July '08, 11:43 AM
okay lets just stick to topic cuz i no i could last for pages n pages
before we do though Evra>>>>>>Cole>>>>>>>random san marino left back>>>>>Clichy

anyway looks like this insider is chattin shit.

Eric Cantona
18th July '08, 11:45 AM

Hahaha, don't diss Hij and the Liverpool forum people, shakalegend always gets it right

Xtra P
18th July '08, 11:48 AM
okay lets just stick to topic cuz i no i could last for pages n pages
before we do though Evra>>>>>>Cole>>>>>>>random san marino left back>>>>>Clichy

lol

I see the hate in your font, I bet you broke a couple keys on your keyboard when you typed that :evilgrin:

Xtra P
18th July '08, 11:49 AM
Im not sure about this "insider" but I bet that Keane ends up at Liverpool!

Nine Bar
18th July '08, 11:50 AM
Hahaha, don't diss Hij and the Liverpool forum people, shakalegend always gets it right

lol i just needed to change the subject and get back on topic really, hope it does happen for them though.

Grimes
18th July '08, 11:58 AM
dumb manager.

Grimes
18th July '08, 12:06 PM
Terry and Ferdinand are better defenders. Terry is like a younger carragher and ferdinand has been top dog since he got them drugs.

Ryddel
18th July '08, 12:26 PM
LMAO the most bullshit ever

Why are tottenham fans so deluded,

1. Terry may be a little over emphasised by the media but you cannot deny his contribution. Like to say carvalho has played every home game for Chelsea.

2.if we have pretty poor cbs how come the only team who have conceded less than us were chelsea and manutd. I can't even think about what you said about carragher. Carragher isn't that slow off the ball he always catches his man. Carragher is better than ledley king for that exact reason he knows how to defend without putting his body on the line and ledley king was there all them times last season when you used to get brushed. Liverpools defensive stats always seem to be better than Tottenhams hmm.

3)WHAT WINGERS !!!! LMAO . What wingers do arsenal have. Eboue?? LMAO. Rosicky and helb aren't wingers and their contribution to their team isn't that better if any than benayouns

4. our fullbacks are badmans, till january you had man like Gareth Bale and Pascal Chimbonda. Riise just went roma, arbeloa from real madrid and aurelio from valencia and you know finnan is a badman

if you don't want war don't get involved in the bumbaclart war

about nails

just because arbeloa came form madrid, doesn't mean he is that good if they sold him?

LOL about Hleb doesn't contribute to midfield he contributes the most after fabregas, Babel isn't really all that this season been a bit of a flop. Ok Benayoun isn't that bad but walcott will be better than him this year or next.

And i said Carvalho was good darg, i said he was the better of the two read it proper before the hype gets to your head, Terry isn't really that good he's an arrogant cunt who can't take anything, racist as well Rio Ferdinand duppies Terry all over, i dont care what stats say i still don't like Carragher and im not changing my view on that, he's good positionally but i dont like him and Rosicky is a CM and hardly plays anyway Arsenal have bare versatile players they may not be out and out wingers but they can still play their ala RVP. Also Liverpool got 1 world class but the rest are a lot worse than what Tottenham have e.g. Voronin, Kuyt (Kuyt is an hard working player though, but not someone who's gonna score 15+ a season).

About you got points.

Ryddel
18th July '08, 12:31 PM
that was how many years ago? im sure McClaren and Cappello have asked both Carragher and Scholes to come out of retirement to play for England?

so go figure...

bruv it was last season he said he retired from england, because there was Terry & Ferdinand ahead of him even Wes Brown played before Carragher that's how you know international football aint the one.

anyway on topic it wouldnt suprise me if Keane did leave although he would get booed because nto long before the end of the season he said he wants to sign for life and now this....go figure blatent lack of respect.......a thing of the past these days in football.

Grimes
18th July '08, 12:33 PM
just because arbeloa came form madrid, doesn't mean he is that good if they sold him?

LOL about Hleb doesn't contribute to midfield he contributes the most after fabregas, Babel isn't really all that this season been a bit of a flop. Ok Benayoun isn't that bad but walcott will be better than him this year or next.

And i said Carvalho was good darg, i said he was the better of the two read it proper before the hype gets to your head, Terry isn't really that good he's an arrogant cunt who can't take anything, racist as well Rio Ferdinand duppies Terry all over, i dont care what stats say i still don't like Carragher and im not changing my view on that, he's good positionally but i dont like him and Rosicky is a CM and hardly plays anyway Arsenal have bare versatile players they may not be out and out wingers but they can still play their ala RVP. Also Liverpool got 1 world class but the rest are a lot worse than what Tottenham have e.g. Voronin, Kuyt (Kuyt is an hard working player though, but not someone who's gonna score 15+ a season).

About you got points.

lol at you nitpicking, Arbeloa would get into tottenhams defence easy peasy, he's a spanish international. I beg you shut your mouth about kuyt, The season he was played in attack for the season he scored the same amount of goals as berbatov in the league. This season he played behind the main striker the whole season and his contribution to overall season is impeccable. Berbatov is completely overated in my opinion crossbar and post specialist.

skeen

Tottenham fans know nothing

Grimes
18th July '08, 12:35 PM
bruv it was last season he said he retired from england, because there was Terry & Ferdinand ahead of him even Wes Brown played before Carragher that's how you know international football aint the one.

anyway on topic it wouldnt suprise me if Keane did leave although he would get booed because nto long before the end of the season he said he wants to sign for life and now this....go figure blatent lack of respect.......a thing of the past these days in football.

it was because injuring prone ledley king was getting picked before him even though tottenham have some terrible goal concession record

Nine Bar
18th July '08, 12:35 PM
No it wasnt last season he retired it was in 2005/2006

Edit: 2007 my bad

Grimes
18th July '08, 12:36 PM
cuz skysports the other day were merking hleb i ain't even gonna say the facts about him. fabregas shits all over him in every aspect.

Grimes
18th July '08, 12:37 PM
Carragher retired the beggining of 07/08

Ryddel
18th July '08, 01:02 PM
lol about i know nothing this has got nothing to do with who i support looool. im just un biased i dont care i will say good shit about arsenal if needs be and anyway it was wes brown and micah richards gettin picked infront carragher, and yeah i wouldnt pay 30m for berbatov, more like 23m but i couldnt care because man united will be paying, and i know we got a shit defence we dont have a strong midfield either but i would rather keep hutton and bale in defence than arbeloa.

beg you go read shoot or something, im out this thread has turnt waste.

laters.

Grimes
18th July '08, 01:11 PM
you're a tottenham fam jam. Mcclaren is the worse manager in england history and thats his punishment for not picking carragher. we'll see if you even come 7th this seasn

ZDOT
18th July '08, 01:13 PM
ill be pissed if we sell keane, his style is unique, and one of our only players that has shown loyalty in the past

Ryddel
18th July '08, 01:18 PM
you're a tottenham fam jam. Mcclaren is the worse manager in england history and thats his punishment for not picking carragher. we'll see if you even come 7th this seasn

LOOL

wow because i dont support one of the "big 4" my point is invalid lol, take it up with mcclaren im not picking the team and i dont think we get 7th lets see if this will be your year to win the league...again.

Grimes
18th July '08, 01:22 PM
blood your a tottenham fan, if you was a westham fan or a newcastle fan or a sunderland fan it would be bless. but your a tottenham fan.

Hij
18th July '08, 02:03 PM
Jul 18 2008 EXCLUSIVE by John Thompson, Liverpool Echo

Republic of Ireland international Robbie Keane

LIVERPOOL will look to tie up a deal for Robbie Keane in the next 48 hours after Tottenham gave up the struggle to keep their star player at White Hart Lane.

The chances of Rafa Benitez getting his man were boosted significantly last night when Spurs boss Juande Ramos admitted for the first time he is likely to have to cash in on some of his big names in an effort to balance the books.

With boyhood Reds fan Keane desperate to move to Anfield and Benitez equally keen on signing him, the move is likely to happen sooner rather than later given the Liverpool manager's desire to be able to work with his new signings at the earliest possible opportunity.

There is now an acceptance at Tottenham that Keane will get his dream move and yesterday's comments from Ramos were a clear attempt by the manager to prepare the club's fans for the departure of their hero.

Speaking at Spurs' pre-season training camp in Spain, Ramos admitted it was possible that he would have to sell both Keane and Dimitar Berbatov to cover his own outlay on players since taking the White Hart Lane hot seat earlier this year.

He said: "We will see what happens there, but we are talking about two very important players.

"For the moment they are with us, but whatever happens the idea is to have a great squad, with the potential to allow us to aim to improve on what we managed last season.

Grimes
18th July '08, 02:05 PM
yeah read this earlier

Hij
18th July '08, 02:14 PM
Ive just woken up

Alfie
18th July '08, 02:51 PM
Kolo Toure >>> Carragher

Grimes
18th July '08, 03:29 PM
LMAO toure is a good defender but he ain't no carragher

Grimes
18th July '08, 03:29 PM
liverpool should buy a target man

icecream
18th July '08, 04:18 PM
crouch?

Grimes
18th July '08, 04:38 PM
he's gone now we need another 1

Xtra P
18th July '08, 04:58 PM
Yakubu?

Tempz_NBT
18th July '08, 05:27 PM
dat is a sick buy for liverpool

Hij
20th July '08, 09:19 PM
Deal is still on, but due to Manchester United also being close to signing Berbatov, Levy didn't want to risk a PR disaster by losing them both in the same week, the fans would crucify him and the club. The drama he's caused has been quite effective and will leave the fans blaming the purchasing clubs, rather than Tottenham for accepting the bids.

The fact that media got wind of it shortly after I found out leads me to believe that the deal is virtually done and Levy is trying to save face with the fans, so they can blame the scheming Scousers for 'tapping up' Keane.

Fact of the matter is, regardless of our conduct in the transfer window, I cannot have Daniel Levy talking out his arse about tapping up after the Juande Ramos farce last year while Martin Jol was still in the fucking job. What a total hypocrit cunt.

And after the Chelsea/Ashley Cole incident, I don't know why anyone bothers reporting anyone to Fifa or the FA. It was the most blatant, most obvious and clean cut case of tapping up and Chelsea and their Billions got a paltry fine of 300k, its frankly pathetic.

Nine Bar
20th July '08, 09:33 PM
i laugh my bollocks off at fines, wtf do fines mean to these clubs/players?

you no you get a 10 fine if your upto 30 mins late for training, thats if you earn 250 or 120,000 a week. i mean c'mon its fuckin dumb.

Clubs are doing illegal tap ups and get a peanut taken from big jar. fools

Anonymous
21st July '08, 03:45 PM
Tbh, I cant see Keane being signed by Monday

Grimes
21st July '08, 04:52 PM
thank g*d

Hij
25th July '08, 08:37 PM
Dropped from the Tottenham team and is in Liverpool for a medical tomorrow.

Ransom
25th July '08, 09:37 PM
lol watch him flopp.

But i happy for him still.

Hij
26th July '08, 02:33 PM
lol watch him flopp.

But i happy for him still.

Apparently Rafa isn't at Melwood today so it could be tomorrow, should be imminent though.

Seems to score 15 goals a season, more than Crouch and tends to do well against bigger teams as well, so can't wait for him to come on board.

Hij
26th July '08, 02:46 PM
Signing should be confirmed on Tuesday.

Fucking taking ages this deal. Suppose its Sunday tomorrow so the medical would have to be Monday innit. So medical Monday, signing Tuesday, fingers crossed.

Just Barry needed now.

Grimes
26th July '08, 02:56 PM
hope not

Hij
26th July '08, 02:58 PM
You don't want Barry Grimes?

Liverpool edge closer to 20m Robbie Keane capture Jul 26 2008

by Ian Doyle, Liverpool Daily Post (http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/)

LIVERPOOL are putting the finishing touches to a deal that will make Robbie Keane one of the most expensive signings in the club’s history.
Keane is expected to undergo a medical early next week to finalise his transfer from Tottenham Hotspur.
The fee could ultimately rise to 20million given the add-ons and incentives that have been negotiated.
Only Fernando Torres will have cost Liverpool more, with Rafael Benitez now confident he will be able to pair the Spaniard with Keane in attack this season.
Spurs have already accepted Keane’s future lies at Anfield, with the player having been omitted by Juane Ramos from the friendly against Spanish side Hercules on Wednesday night.

Story continues (http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=liverpool-edge-closer-to-163-20m-robbie-keane-capture%26method=full%26objectid=21411000%26siteid =50061-name_page.html#story_continue) http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/design/icnetwork/arw_down.gif (http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=liverpool-edge-closer-to-163-20m-robbie-keane-capture%26method=full%26objectid=21411000%26siteid =50061-name_page.html#story_continue)
ADVERTISEMENT

With Keane’s signature almost secured, Liverpool manager Benitez will now turn his attention to bringing a successful conclusion to the Gareth Barry transfer saga.

Liverpool have already tabled what they consider a reasonable for the Aston Villa midfielder, despite comments from Villa manager Martin O’Neill suggesting he “does not know where Liverpool stand” concerning the transfer.

Barry was jeered by Villa supporters during a friendly at Walsall earlier this week, his first appearance since declaring his desire to join Liverpool.

He was not involved in the first leg of Villa’s Intertoto Cup tie at Danish side Odense last weekend, and it is thought O’Neill will not select the England international for the return game today.

And Scott Carson, a team-mate of Barry when spending last season on loan at Villa Park from Liverpool, believes an agreement should be reached to allow the player to move to Anfield.

Carson, who recently completed a permanent move to West Bromwich Albion, said: “I think if he wants to leave he should really.

“However, people have got their price and if Liverpool cannot match the price then they have got to come to some sort of agreement.”

Benitez has continued his policy of loaning out youngsters to gain first-team experience by allowing two more players to temporarily depart.

Centre-back Jack Hobbs, who made his senior Liverpool debut last season, has signed for Coca-Cola League One outfit Leicester City for the duration of the coming campaign.

Hobbs, who spent a loan spell at Scunthorpe United earlier in the year, said: “I am really pleased and can’t wait to get started.

“Liverpool have some world-class centre-backs so I spoke to the boss and he said I was free to go out.

“Leicester showed their interest and I had no hesitation in coming here. This is a massive club.

“I want to help this club get back to the Championship at the first time of asking.”

Another defender, Godwin Antwi, has joined Tranmere on loan until January 2009.

Grimes
26th July '08, 03:09 PM
There both very good players but it feels like Rafa is just beating around the bush

Nine Bar
26th July '08, 03:30 PM
Barry could play in our intertoto 2nd leg, if he plays 1min, he cant play in the champions league!

i also read in our brum paper 2day rafa said he'll give cash, Voronin and Finnan

Hij
26th July '08, 06:00 PM
There both very good players but it feels like Rafa is just beating around the bush
Could give us the English touch we need.

Nine Bar
26th July '08, 08:17 PM
Barry played well at villa park 2day, jus got back, he slotted in at left back and tbh it looks like hes staying. Got a standing ovation aswell and he appreciated it. If we keep Barry get Wright-Phillips or milner and another proven striker, we can push on again.

Xtra P
26th July '08, 10:11 PM
Aint Pompy going for Wright-Phillips?

The Messiah
26th July '08, 10:16 PM
Aint Pompy going for Wright-Phillips?

Don't see why they would. Utaka and Krancjar are better players.

Xtra P
27th July '08, 10:41 AM
^^True, they will definetly be a force next season & ill bet anyone on here that they finish above spurs!

27th July '08, 12:14 PM
Could give us the English touch we need.

Been saying for time that we need more English players.

The Messiah
27th July '08, 01:13 PM
Been saying for time that we need more English players.

... because having English players clearly makes your team a better one. :dozey:

Keane isn't English let alone British, only Barry is. To be fair in this case you are buy two very good internationals. They will make Liverpool a much better team.

I'm really not a fan of people who seem to think having a team with loads of English players in it has some sort of higher morality, or automatically makes your team better. The English players that Chelsea, Liverpool and United have are the best English players, they are all valued at 15mill+ and there are only about 4 in each team.

bennyboyt
27th July '08, 01:49 PM
liverpool still wont break top 2 :)

27th July '08, 01:55 PM
... because having English players clearly makes your team a better one. :dozey:

Keane isn't English let alone British, only Barry is. To be fair in this case you are buy two very good internationals. They will make Liverpool a much better team.

I'm really not a fan of people who seem to think having a team with loads of English players in it has some sort of higher morality, or automatically makes your team better. The English players that Chelsea, Liverpool and United have are the best English players, they are all valued at 15mill+ and there are only about 4 in each team.

I aint saying that, I'm just saying saying that it's annoying having bare foreigners in your team. I seriously feel sorry for Arsenal supporters where their whole team is made up of foreigners. They might as well be playing in a completely different league.

Hij
27th July '08, 05:27 PM

I think, to win the league, you need battlers. Usually these sort of players are English (or from the British Isles if we want to be pedantic), ala Rooney, Terry, Neville- these sort of players who away against Blackburn in the pissing down rain, won't hide.

Theres evidently a chip on your shoulder that your teams made up almost entirely of forieigners. Infact, I wasn't even sending for Arsenal when I mentioned that I felt we perhaps (in our situation) needed more of an English/British touch.

Anyway- Barry is English and I was referring to him although Keane is Irish.

Looks like the news was right, medical tomorrow, signs on Tuesday - I personally can't wait.

LIVERPOOL (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Liverpool+FC) have agreed to sign Robbie Keane (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Robbie+Keane) from Tottenham (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Tottenham+Hotspur+FC), with the Irish international striker ready to be unveiled at Anfield (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Anfield) this week.
The clubs negotiated an 18m fee yesterday, while Keane, 28, has agreed to sign a five-year deal believed to be worth 80,000 a week.
Keane will travel to Anfield tomorrow for his medical, allowing Liverpool to unveil the player before the squad flies out to Spain (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Spain) for pre-season games on Tuesday.

Rafael Benitez (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Rafael+Benitez), the Liverpool manager, was busy finalising the deal over the past two days and has secured the striker he believes has the "game intelligence" to best complement the talents of top-scorer Fernando Torres (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Fernando+Torres).

The deal had hit problems in the early stages after the Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Daniel+Levy) reported Liverpool to the Premier League for making their interest in Keane public. Neither Liverpool nor Tottenham were willing to make official comment on the deal last night.

For Keane it represents the opportunity to play for the club he supported as a boy and compete in the Champions League.

The move to Anfield is the fifth big transfer of his career, having previously played for Wolves, Coventry (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Coventry), Inter Milan (http://www.independent.ie/topics/FC+Internazionale+Milano) and Leeds (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Leeds), and the Dubliner has now commanded fees totalling an astonishing 56m.
With Manchester United (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Manchester+United+FC) finalising their 35m British record signing of Carlos Tevez (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Carlos+Tevez), the top clubs in the Premier League are finally making their much-anticipated moves in the transfer market, with a summer of record spending in prospect.

The sale of Keane frees up Spurs to pursue David Villa (http://www.independent.ie/topics/David+Villa). The Spanish striker's agent, Jose Luis Tamargo, has invited the club to follow up their preliminary interest.

"David likes London (http://www.independent.ie/topics/London) and likes how Tottenham play with Juande Ramos (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Juande+Ramos)," Tamargo said. "This is a club that excites him."
Valencia (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Valencia+CF) had claimed they were unwilling to sell Villa after his heroics for Spain at Euro 2008 (http://www.independent.ie/topics/Euro+2008) but their stance softened last week and they will listen to offers of 25m for the player.

adidasgrandad
27th July '08, 06:01 PM
keanes a good player. good signing. as if villas coming to tottenham though. didnt even finish top 10 last season

The Messiah
27th July '08, 06:19 PM
I think, to win the league, you need battlers. Usually these sort of players are English (or from the British Isles if we want to be pedantic), ala Rooney, Terry, Neville- these sort of players who away against Blackburn in the pissing down rain, won't hide.

Theres evidently a chip on your shoulder that your teams made up almost entirely of forieigners. Infact, I wasn't even sending for Arsenal when I mentioned that I felt we perhaps (in our situation) needed more of an English/British touch.

I wasn't even responding to you but fair enough. I do agree you need battlers in your team, and that those players are typically English, but they don't have to be. Essien, Lassana Diarra and Makelele are battlers, Gabriel Heinze was, Vieira was, Tomas Repka...

Anyway if you are Arsenal fan and you hear sentiments like that about English players you know what is always coming:

I aint saying that, I'm just saying saying that it's annoying having bare foreigners in your team. I seriously feel sorry for Arsenal supporters where their whole team is made up of foreigners. They might as well be playing in a completely different league.
Even if the person isn't so forthcoming, a few well-worded questions will always bring it out.

Like I said, I knew it was coming and I'm absolutely sick to death, limbo, the afterlife and beyond with it.

27th July '08, 06:37 PM
Anyway if you are Arsenal fan and you hear sentiments like that about English players you know what is always coming:

Even if the person isn't so forthcoming, a few well-worded questions will always bring it out.

Like I said, I knew it was coming and I'm absolutely sick to death, limbo, the afterlife and beyond with it.

Well who else am I gonna feel sorry for? I wasn't sending or anything, I was just saying I feel sorry for the (English) fans.

Hij
27th July '08, 08:04 PM
Robbie Keane "has agreed to a five-year deal [with Liverpool] believed to be worth 80,000 a week. He will travel to Anfield tomorrow for his medical, allowing Liverpool to unveil the player before the squad fly out to Spain for pre-season games on Tuesday. Rafael Benitez, the Liverpool manager, has secured the striker he believes has the "game intelligence" to best complement the talents of striker Fernando Torres."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/2462584/Record-Manchester-United-deal-for-Carlos-Tevez-to-spark-Premier-League-spree.html

Hij
27th July '08, 08:05 PM
those players are typically English, but they don't have to be. Essien, Lassana Diarra and Makelele are battlers, Gabriel Heinze was, Vieira was, Tomas Repka...

And Mascherano. ;)

But I think, for the English league

Keane >>>> Voronin/Kuyt

Barry >>>> Alonso

Fair enough if you weren't replying to me though.

adidasgrandad
27th July '08, 08:51 PM
i remember repka lol got sent off twice in his first 3 games

Nine Bar
27th July '08, 09:04 PM
Barry is staying you no Hij

KingSizeBlues
27th July '08, 10:11 PM
great signing for liverpool
Keane and Torres sounds like a pretty deadly combination :P

Grimes
27th July '08, 10:58 PM
Rafa benitez is off his rocker

Grimes
27th July '08, 11:01 PM
i dn't no what rafa is planning, selling crouch and buying robbie keane hmm

Grimes
27th July '08, 11:04 PM
I want to see liverpool win the premierleague before i'm thirty

Ryddel
28th July '08, 12:14 AM
if Keane signs for 20m i would drive him to liverpool, not saying he's shit but 20m for him is really good for us just hope we have a player of similar or better quality lined up *preys*

Atlas Thugged
28th July '08, 12:41 AM
Seriously I would have spent those mils on Barry, not Keane. What the fuck is up with that.

xpress
28th July '08, 04:39 AM
scousers gt skanked if they paid 20 mil 4 keane i swear his goals r just cheeky tap ins

try playin 4 the title and nt holdin bk 4 the champions league nxt year anyway lads yh that dnt work we're gna win evryfing agen so u mite as well go 4 it

cheers

28th July '08, 08:59 AM
Seriously I would have spent those mils on Barry, not Keane. What the fuck is up with that.

We need a new striker before a midfielder. After selling Crouch, Torres is the only good first team striker we have. In midfield we already have Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso and Leiva.

Hij
28th July '08, 11:47 AM
cortz hes not signed anything yet ?

Nine Bar
28th July '08, 11:58 AM
cortz hes not signed anything yet ?

Yeh i no but im feeling alot more confident that he'll stay now more than go.

Grimes
28th July '08, 12:11 PM
if he stays will he return as captain?

Xtra P
28th July '08, 01:26 PM
if he stays will he return as captain?

That is proberly one of the bargaining chips o'neil is using to keep him!

Nine Bar
28th July '08, 01:41 PM
Yeah he will return as captain.

Hij
28th July '08, 08:09 PM
Deal confirmed today! :D

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160674080728-1837.htm

Grimes
28th July '08, 08:52 PM
good news i guess, a new striker is better than no striker

Danny Trejo
28th July '08, 08:53 PM
I'm vaguely pleased. We need a left-sided winger though.

28th July '08, 09:02 PM
Deal confirmed today! :D

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160674080728-1837.htm

Pow :D

Lol there you go Messiah.

28th July '08, 09:04 PM
I'm vaguely pleased. We need a left-sided winger though.

Babel has the potential to be brilliant but he is overly lazy.

Hij
28th July '08, 09:05 PM

Babel has the potential to be brilliant but he is overly lazy.

Shame he has no confidence in his left foot either.

came across this as well by the way

JAN 18th 1998, Robbie Keane speaking to the Sunday Mirror (When he was 17!):
"I was over at Anfield for a week and got to meet all the players I had worshipped on the telly, people like Ian Rush and Robbie Fowler.

"Everybody at the club was nice to me but I still didn't accept when they asked me to sign. Somehow I had this feeling that it would be better to build my career elsewhere.

"That's not to say that I wouldn't go back to Liverpool at some point in the future if I got the chance and I thought it was a good career move.

Full interview:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_19980118/ai_n9702384

Danny Trejo
28th July '08, 09:12 PM
babel's sick at times but i think he's a striker really

Grimes
28th July '08, 11:40 PM
epic waste of money

29th July '08, 12:37 AM
babel's sick at times but i think he's a striker really

Still, he does have the potential to be a good left winger. But with the shot he's got on him I would put him up front as well.

GrimePays
29th July '08, 03:32 AM
epic waste of money

whats new

Hij
29th July '08, 04:14 AM
whats new

LMAO nothings new but for the biggest waste of money ever

Juan Sebastian Veron.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jose Antonio Reyes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

About waste of money............... suck out

Keane, Mascherano, Torres >>>> Reyes, Veron, Carrick, Hargreaves, Shevchenko

Hij
29th July '08, 04:15 AM

Still, he does have the potential to be a good left winger. But with the shot he's got on him I would put him up front as well.

Lets be honest, he's only good at cutting inside, he cant cross with his left.

icecream
29th July '08, 07:39 AM
LMAO nothings new but for the biggest waste of money ever

Juan Sebastian Veron.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jose Antonio Reyes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

About waste of money............... suck out

Keane, Mascherano, Torres >>>> Reyes, Veron, Carrick, Hargreaves, Shevchenko

lol at saying keane is money well spent and hargreaves is a waste.

Entity
29th July '08, 08:28 AM
Lol at calling Hargreaves a waste of money. Especially after only one season where he was great when he played. Carrick has been great every season aswell, it's not even hard to notice if you actually watch Man Utd games rather than highlights.

Rio, Ronaldo, Tevez >>>> Keane, Mascherano, Torres

Anonymous
29th July '08, 09:06 AM
I must agree. ___ >> Veron, Djemba x2, Kleberson.

Hargreaves and Carrick can not be labeled as wastes of money. Come on. Im glad them topics you've made in the grime discussion show you as being drunk otherwise I would've thought you lost your marbles. LOL Putting them in with Veron & Sheva. Thats a super par deya.

Liverpool have actually made quality signings in the shape of Babel, Torres, Mascherano and Keane and tbh I expect more of them.

Grimes
29th July '08, 10:33 AM
Keane is a goodf signing but a waste of money i dn 't give a fuck 25m euros on a flat track bully, if crouch outscores keane or we don't beat manutd categorically at home then iit will be a waste of money i dn't give afuck.

beating teams like wigan 4-0 means nothing to me

if we are not in the running for the premierleague by march then heads should start rolling

'nuum general
29th July '08, 12:40 PM
how can keane be called a waste of money before he's even played a game for them? if he scores 35 goals next season no-one will be saying that. I Think paying that much for a 28 year old striker with keane's injury history (granted he's been better recently) is a risk. Only time will tell.

Grimes
29th July '08, 12:44 PM
liverpool has never had a problem with goals. We scored the most goals in all competitions last year.

35 goals don't equate to victory in the premierleague as Arsenal know

Alfie
29th July '08, 12:56 PM
Shuda gone for Villa.