PDA

View Full Version : Fulham Set For Europa League Spot

Scrappy123
20th May '11, 05:43 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1388175/Play-fair-shot-Europa-League-Fulham-set-good-guys-prize.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

"Fulham could find themselves in Europe next season as they are in line to qualify for the Europa League through the Respect Fair Play rankings.

One thing that has gone under the radar is that if the Cottagers beat Arsenal, and Everton lose to Chelsea, they will finish seventh on goal difference. This would equal their best-ever finish in top-flight history, set under Roy Hodgson two years ago"

-Fzobg1VEBA
uR-SxVMKcv0

Big up my fellow Fulham fans, I know you are out here somewhere
:-D:-D. Really hope its the case again. As for the second paragraph, we could have our best season having had our top two strikers injured for the majority of the season. Not too bad.

Inb4 four red cards vs Arsenal :dead::laugh:

Clive Eboue
20th May '11, 06:07 PM
Overachievers right now, will rep Fulham fans ITT.

Got myself a ticket for Sunday but they were 50 FUCKING POUND :dead: declined tbh.

chris89
20th May '11, 06:11 PM
dirty family club cunts

FoundTheGif
20th May '11, 06:22 PM
Big up Fulham. Wanted you man to win that final.

I've been wondering though why haven't you lot played Gera?

Scrappy123
21st May '11, 12:40 AM
dirty family club cunts

Al Fayed & MarkHughes have done it again.

Fulham agreed a deal for Statue MJ for an undicslosed fee, considerably less than the 50m statue Chelsea bought to put on their subs bench.

Lookingforagif - Gera has had a slight injry throughout the season. He's still played 20 games + I think.

MyLord
21st May '11, 12:53 AM
Al Fayed & MarkHughes have done it again.

Fulham agreed a deal for Statue MJ for an undicslosed fee, considerably less than the 50m statue Chelsea bought to put on their subs bench.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Enigma
21st May '11, 01:25 AM
Fulham are that team that do quite well, but no1 really cares about. 1 of them teams that just floats around the premiership un noticed.

Eric Cantona
21st May '11, 01:52 AM
Fulham are that team that do quite well, but no1 really cares about. 1 of them teams that just floats around the premiership un noticed.

Because there boring

Mazer Rackham
21st May '11, 05:19 AM
cant wait tbh h

that season was emossh

:laugh:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

chris89
21st May '11, 09:54 AM
good joke when i heard it a few months ago, go bang your wooden seats like at an ice hockey game

GrimmyGrimGrim
21st May '11, 03:06 PM
yhyh very funny, but you actually have a statue of MJ outside your stadium

joke club

El Asesino
21st May '11, 03:08 PM

r/s,

Hij
21st May '11, 03:08 PM

WOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

pojiadspofo[sda[gs

21st May '11, 03:12 PM

Scrappy123
21st May '11, 05:55 PM
good joke when i heard it a few months ago, go bang your wooden seats like at an ice hockey game

Keep waving your free scarves and flags in big games. Hell the minor swishing sound they would make would be louder than you lot. "I'm Chelsea till I die, I'm Chelsea till I die, I'm Chelsea till I die". Err no you ar Chelsea until your Russian bossman gets bored of throwing 70m just to see the team get ripped home and away by an old man who cost a club nothing.

Josh
21st May '11, 05:56 PM
Is it true that you can actually hear a pin drop inside Craven Cottage?

I don't respect teams that can't at least whip up a bit of a sing-song at home but I did enjoy my trip to Craven Cottage when I was 12, I can remember loads of Arsenal fans trekking over a muddy field/patch of grass for ages.

chris89
21st May '11, 06:12 PM
Keep waving your free scarves and flags in big games. Hell the minor swishing sound they would make would be louder than you lot. "I'm Chelsea till I die, I'm Chelsea till I die, I'm Chelsea till I die". Err no you ar Chelsea until your Russian bossman gets bored of throwing 70m just to see the team get ripped home and away by an old man who cost a club nothing.

But I actually got a burger at half time at Craven Cottage and there was no queue, seriously.

No one is saying our atmosphere and fans are amazing, any Chelsea fan would be an idiot to say that, but it's hell of a lot better than Fulham, all you sing is 'stick your blue flag up your ass' and we don't even have a song for your lot, you are irrelevant :laugh:

Scrappy123
21st May '11, 06:16 PM
But I actually got a burger at half time at Craven Cottage and there was no queue, seriously.

No one is saying our atmosphere and fans are amazing, any Chelsea fan would be an idiot to say that, but it's hell of a lot better than Fulham, all you sing is 'stick your blue flag up your ass' and we don't even have a song for your lot, you are irrelevant :laugh:

So irrelevant that you came in here and decided to drop a little par?? Yeh lol :)

Mazer Rackham
21st May '11, 07:35 PM

its a grade II listed building, and even if it wasnt i wouldnt want it changed, been there for over a 100 years. I prefer having a proper football ground to a meccano bowl.

Scrappy123
22nd May '11, 06:00 PM
lol bumped before someone tries it.

22nd May '11, 06:02 PM
So ur team ain't in Europe now? lulul... :dead:

Scrappy123
22nd May '11, 06:06 PM
I dont even know.

Its between us and Blackpool. Think it might be them.

chris89
22nd May '11, 06:09 PM

FoundTheGif
22nd May '11, 06:09 PM
I'm baffed on this europe shit.

The Messiah
22nd May '11, 06:14 PM
I dont even know.

Its between us and Blackpool. Think it might be them.

How many yellows did they get in their game today?

Scrappy123
22nd May '11, 06:17 PM
Just one Messiah

The Messiah
22nd May '11, 06:18 PM
Just one Messiah

Gonna be close. Pray that the referee thought you were very 'respectful'.

Mazer Rackham
22nd May '11, 06:19 PM
lol gera you cunt

Scrappy123
22nd May '11, 06:33 PM
Heres hoping they forgot to apply for their license lol

Julio Cesar
22nd May '11, 06:42 PM
Scrappy I'm not 100% sure, but I think the rule is that if you get relegated you can't qualify through fair play?

Scrappy123
22nd May '11, 06:50 PM
Not sure Jamie, no one has mentioned it yet.

Either way we just gonna have to wait. Could take a while until we now

chris89
22nd May '11, 06:58 PM
Scrappy I'm not 100% sure, but I think the rule is that if you get relegated you can't qualify through fair play?

unfortunately I've heard this is right

Scrappy123
22nd May '11, 06:59 PM
Yes Chris.

Could of finished Third if it wasn't for GD today.

Great season for your boys.

RealOnRoad
22nd May '11, 07:02 PM

this is not true

Julio Cesar
22nd May '11, 07:05 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1389768/Blackpool-set-land-Europa-League-spot-Fair-Play-League.html

Scrappy123
22nd May '11, 07:22 PM
At first I was mad but....

CeG5kjqpohg (Embedding is gay recently on here)
I cant hate the guy. If we really are selling him and Paintsil then best of luck to them. Will be missed especially Paintsil:sad:

Starving Marvin
22nd May '11, 07:51 PM
lululu

chris89
22nd May '11, 07:56 PM
Yes Chris.

Could of finished Third if it wasn't for GD today.

Great season for your boys.

But we didn't

Scrappy123
26th May '11, 12:07 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13492544.stm

Fulham will play in the Europa League next season after earning a spot through the Fair Play League.

England had received an extra Europa League place by finishing second in Uefa's fair play table for 2010/11.

Chelsea topped the Premier League Fair Play table but having already qualified for the Champions League, Fulham in second were given the Europa spot.

Blackpool had hoped to leapfrog Fulham after Zoltan Gera was sent off for the Cottagers in their final league game.

That was the only red card that Mark Hughes' team received all season.

Teams were awarded fair play points for each Premier League match they played during the season. These were assessed by match delegates and took into account a range of factors such as positive play, the number of red and yellow cards received, respect towards opponents and behaviour of club officials.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woooo. Big up everyone :). Repped everyone ITT :)

So Glad Gera didn't cost us the place. Would of been such a poor way to end his great service to the club during that Europa season.

26th May '11, 12:10 PM
B.M.T

Good luck Fulham, they take the Europa League seriously unlike other Prem clubs.

The Messiah
26th May '11, 12:49 PM
Well done Fulham.

RealOnRoad
26th May '11, 01:49 PM
in b4 fulham in europe and arsenal aren't

The Messiah
26th May '11, 01:52 PM
in b4 fulham in europe and arsenal aren't

Arsenal should be fine if they are seeded in the draw. Bear in mind that they've had to qualify for most of the past 5/6 years anyway.

RealOnRoad
26th May '11, 02:00 PM
Arsenal should be fine if they are seeded in the draw. Bear in mind that they've had to qualify for most of the past 5/6 years anyway.

Should be fine but it's just more games that will take their toll towards the end of the season on an already small quad

26th May '11, 02:26 PM
Should be fine but it's just more games that will take their toll towards the end of the season on an already small quad

Lol it's 2 extra games fam, we've done it before... it's nothing.

Jack 1017
26th May '11, 02:36 PM

:laugh: @ this bullshit

The Messiah
26th May '11, 02:57 PM

Lol it's 2 extra games fam, we've done it before... it's nothing.

:laugh: @ this bullshit

RoR if you said you 'hope' that those games will take their toll then fair enough. Fact of the matter is they won't. Two games the difference between a team reaching the Champions League quarter finals and semi-finals. I'm sure we've all noticed how tired players get when it comes to the semi-finals - especially when they've had to qualify... :dozey:

Mazer Rackham
26th May '11, 03:17 PM
feels good man

B.M.T

Good luck Fulham, they take the Europa League seriously unlike other Prem clubs.

i dnno, hodgson did, i dont know if mark hughes will. hopefully after last season al fayed will put pressure on hughes to do it properly

MyLord
26th May '11, 04:04 PM
I'm fucking glad Liverpool aren't in europe tbh. Those europa games were fucking boring and next season, we can focus on the league and making top 4 again.

Fulham>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Josh
26th May '11, 06:19 PM
Would love to go to a European away game, fair play Fulham.

Eric Cantona
27th May '11, 12:28 AM
I'm fucking glad Liverpool aren't in europe tbh. Those europa games were fucking boring and next season, we can focus on the league and making top 4 again.

Fulham>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Boring because Liverpool made it boring

BIGDON
20th June '11, 02:55 PM
Fulham have been drawn against NSI Runavik of the Faroe Islands in the first qualifying round of the Europa League.

The Cottagers qualified for Europe's second tier competition through the UEFA Fair Play League and they learned the identity of their opponents on Monday.

New manager Martin Jol will have to prepare his side for an earlier than anticipated start to the season with the first leg set for Craven Cottage on Thursday, June 30 before the return leg on July 7.

Should the Cottagers progress they will face Northern Ireland's Crusaders with the matches scheduled for July 14 and 22

Scrappy123
20th June '11, 04:13 PM
Them Scrabble teams. :lol: :lol:

Inb4lose:dead:

Josh
20th June '11, 06:27 PM
Haha that's be a quality away, I'm gonna have to go to a European Away sometime.

BIGDON
30th June '11, 04:36 PM
19:30 Thursday, 30th of June

Fulham 1/50

NSI Runavik 50/1

chris89
30th June '11, 05:14 PM
couldn't even sell out at 5 a ticket on general sale, awful club

Josh
30th June '11, 10:18 PM

that is terrible

BIGDON
30th June '11, 10:21 PM
won 3-0

lul

Scrappy123
30th June '11, 10:32 PM

Before you chat shit know that it cost around 900 to get there with Atlantic....

and...

"Unfortunately due to the availability and price of aircraft and a shortage of local hotel accommodation, regrettably it will not be possible to operate an official charter to the Faroe Islands."

Belfast the next round is going to be the one most fans will make.

chris89
30th June '11, 10:36 PM
Before you chat shit know that it cost around 900 to get there with Atlantic....

and...

"Unfortunately due to the availability and price of aircraft and a shortage of local hotel accommodation, regrettably it will not be possible to operate an official charter to the Faroe Islands."

Belfast the next round is going to be the one most fans will make.

You were at home tonight, it was 5 tickets on general sale

Dunno what you are talking about up there tbh

lol @ Fulham's season starting when other players are still living it up in the sunshine

Scrappy123
30th June '11, 10:41 PM
You were at home tonight, it was 5 tickets on general sale

Dunno what you are talking about up there tbh

lol @ Fulham's season starting when other players are still living it up in the sunshine

Im talking about the away trip which Josh was talking about and your post followed that. My mind's all over the place. Im in about to go on Holiday mode. lool

Didn't know today wasn't a sell out so I'll give you that, but Im not really surprised considering the time of the year. I guess I should of saw that coming. It's a shame, because no doubt we will sell out when the actual Europa League kick starts...Ahh well forward and upwards :D

Couldn't care when our season starts if it means we outlast you guys in Europe again.

chris89
1st July '11, 07:02 AM
Im talking about the away trip which Josh was talking about and your post followed that. My mind's all over the place. Im in about to go on Holiday mode. lool

Didn't know today wasn't a sell out so I'll give you that, but Im not really surprised considering the time of the year. I guess I should of saw that coming. It's a shame, because no doubt we will sell out when the actual Europa League kick starts...Ahh well forward and upwards :D

Couldn't care when our season starts if it means we outlast you guys in Europe again.

:laugh: Give over, when you are in the Champions League you can start chatting shit, but unfortunately you can't get there by default

Lewis3
2nd July '11, 12:32 PM
why do people genuienly think we would sell out a 1st qualifying round game against NSI Runavik on a thursday evening, im surprised there was even 15k there

Quincy
2nd July '11, 12:42 PM
:laugh: Give over, when you are in the Champions League you can start chatting shit, but unfortunately you can't get there by default

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Josh
2nd July '11, 12:47 PM
why do people genuienly think we would sell out a 1st qualifying round game against NSI Runavik on a thursday evening, im surprised there was even 15k there

Because tickets were 5 and it is the first match in Europe for Fulham...

Lewis3
2nd July '11, 12:56 PM
be realistic

Josh
2nd July '11, 01:13 PM
Cracking argument. Repped.

Lewis3
2nd July '11, 04:56 PM
Would you have gone if you supported Fulham, Josh?