PDA

View Full Version : Berbatov close to Man Utd move

Entity
14th July '08, 09:37 PM
Setanta sports news are claiming they have reliable sources stating Berbatov will move to Man Utd for 28million on Wednesday. Thoughts ?

Eric Cantona
14th July '08, 09:39 PM
I don't want him for that money, but i will be happy if we get him :shifty:

I want Huntelaar

RIP Jakey
14th July '08, 09:39 PM
until they reveal their source I won't believe it, thats like the suns overheard source the other day

GrimePays
14th July '08, 10:11 PM
i want Huntelaar

Grimes
14th July '08, 10:31 PM
no homo

Anonymous
14th July '08, 10:40 PM
I want Huntelaar

i want Huntelaar

Xtra P
14th July '08, 11:18 PM
Im not sure about the price but its a good move for Manure!

Ryddel
15th July '08, 01:00 AM
i think the sooner he goes the better tbh his body language has shown how fuckin moany he is, like to see him moan at scholes tevez or giggs for shit passes.

ZDOT
15th July '08, 06:58 PM
Ramos is gonna get a serious replacement so its a minor

ImInBirmz
15th July '08, 09:49 PM
I don't want him for that money, but i will be happy if we get him

Ryddel
15th July '08, 10:07 PM
wow brum has at least 4 teams in it if i remember correctly [Villa,Birmz,WBA,Wolves?] unsure about wolves but wow supporting man ure even when you got decent teams in your city...gloryhunting

Grimes
15th July '08, 10:42 PM
lol at liverpool and manutd trying to take away tottenhams attacking force

Ryddel
15th July '08, 11:03 PM
liverpool have made themselves look like dickheads though, basically tapping up keane and barry.

taken from a forum by a spurs fan and i agree. lost bare respect for liverpool & benitez after all this

Carson - Villa had him on loan and wanted to buy him but were told 10m. O'Neil's response was thanks but no thanks and have brought in a keeper for less than half the press. The Scousers were now forced to accept 4m ffrom Stoke

Liverpool wanted to flog Alonso to raise money for the Barry transfer but the greedy gits wanted 17m. Juventus who wanted to buy him baulked at the price and went for Poulson for less than half the price and now the Scousers are forced to keep Alonso.

Liverpool wanted 15m for Crouch, well as I said some time ago that would never happen. Crouch is not that good and clubs are not that stupid. But give them credit they got 11m which is more than I thought they would get.

Now they have made a big thing about wanting Barry, and Villa have made it easy and named their price for him. Now instead of trying to settle that deal Rafa decides to open his gob about Keane. If they cannot cough up 18m for Barry how can they afford the 20m for Keane?

Liverpoolare just making themselves look a bunch of arses.

At least Spurs can afford to put a 25-30m price tag on Berba for the simple fact management at Spurs would rather keep the player

Grimes
15th July '08, 11:08 PM
fuck spurs fuck aston

Incessant Records
15th July '08, 11:11 PM
united will be running it even more if he goes

Anonymous
16th July '08, 12:33 AM
Apparently Man Utd have denied making a bid, and wont bid unless Spurs lower their asking price.

BG1
16th July '08, 11:58 AM
why do people want Huntelaar? Berbatov is one of the best strikers in the world last season and is proven in the Premiership, he will get 20+ goals a season if he plays.

Why would you want someone else who plays in a much poorer league, who ain't proven ?

Ryddel
18th July '08, 03:41 AM
Barca to big 33 million euro.

wages no problem. 4 year deal at 120,000 euros a week. 85 million euro buyout clause. stoickov has convinced him to go to catalunya rather than the mancs.

rafa marquez to be offered in part exchange.(15 mil euros) eto'o unfornately doesnt want to play for spurs as he has already stated

And gerbil do you know Huntelaar's goal scoring record in holland it's mad check.

A quick glance at his goals per game ratio surely singles out the Ajax striker as worth a gamble. After all, last season alone he scored 33 League goals in 34 matches and only one of those goals was from the penalty spot. Once again this figure topped the Dutch scoring charts, a staggering 12 goals more than his nearest rival.

Since joining Ajax midway through the 2005/06 season the Drempt-born hitman has scored a staggering 70 goals in 82 League games. This Roy of the Rovers style scoring shouldn’t have been unexpected given the players striking tally at Heerenveen prior to moving to Amsterdam. In just a season and a half Huntelaar scored 34 goals in just 46 League matches which prompted Ajax to quickly pounce. His career League record now reads 130 goals in 173 League appearances, now if that type of form is not worth a punt then I don’t know what is!

Ryddel
18th July '08, 12:54 PM
Fergie confrms Berbatov bid
United move for Spurs striker

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that he has lodged a bid for Tottenham's Dimitar Berbatov.

United have been tracking the talented striker for a number of months and now they have firmed up their interest with an official approach.

The size of United's bid for the 27-year-old is not yet known, although reports claim it is below the 25million which is said to be Spurs' asking price.

But Ferguson is confident he will land the classy Bulgaria international.
Confident

"We have made Tottenham an offer on Berbatov and we have good expectations that this deal will go through," the Scot said as he jetted out with his players ahead of United pre-season tour of South Africa.

"Berbatov has been impressive during a long time and would be a great addition to our attack.

"I think time will work for us more than against us.

"We will not stress this situation. We are hoping to have a constructive conversation with Tottenham in the near future."

i guess he's off, jus thope barca try it but we are in no rush to sell we canw ait it out for however long.

Grimes
18th July '08, 12:57 PM
buy some decent defenders

Nine Bar
18th July '08, 01:23 PM
buy some decent defenders

do you mean man utd buy some decent defenders?

Ryddel
18th July '08, 01:25 PM
nah we need it and a DM

Grimes
18th July '08, 01:28 PM
tottenham

Nine Bar
18th July '08, 01:31 PM
why is woodgate and king ahead of Dawson?

Grimes
18th July '08, 01:57 PM
why do people want Huntelaar? Berbatov is one of the best strikers in the world last season and is proven in the Premiership, he will get 20+ goals a season if he plays.

Why would you want someone else who plays in a much poorer league, who ain't proven ?

Both Ronaldo and Van nistelroy played in the holland league and have become two of the best strikers of modern football. Huntelaar's international record isn't bad either

Grimes
18th July '08, 01:58 PM
why is woodgate and king ahead of Dawson?

dawson is shit without king. king and woodgate are both injury prone bastards.

BG1
18th July '08, 02:55 PM
Both Ronaldo and Van nistelroy played in the holland league and have become two of the best strikers of modern football. Huntelaar's international record isn't bad either
but berb is already proven, why go for someone who may not do well.

Im not saying you, but alot of peoople in this forum do not know alot about football, they would rather have a unknown foreign player with a catchy name at there team rather then a proven striker who already plays in the premiership

Nine Bar
18th July '08, 06:48 PM
Huntalaar could now go tottenham, hes a very good striker

The Messiah
18th July '08, 08:21 PM
Huntalaar could now go tottenham, hes a very good striker

He won't. He'll go to a team that are playing Champions League.

Someday, some people will realise to ignore certain names that are linked with Tottenham like Van Der Vaart and Eto'o. Why would they go to a club not in the CL?

Ryddel
18th July '08, 09:26 PM
Most of it is bullshit we have been linked to about 40 players this transfer window, most of it is just a smoke screen so we can sign other players

The Messiah
18th July '08, 09:31 PM
Most of it is bullshit we have been linked to about 40 players this transfer window, most of it is just a smoke screen so we can sign other players

... of lesser quality than the names you were linked with.

Ryddel
18th July '08, 09:35 PM
... of lesser quality than the names you were linked with.

yeah.

if we know we aint gonna sign villa or eto'o in a million years let the papers talk some fraff so we can slip in and talk to targets teams in a similar position to us maybe interested in e.g AV, everton, pompey

The Messiah
18th July '08, 09:48 PM
yeah.

if we know we aint gonna sign villa or eto'o in a million years let the papers talk some fraff so we can slip in and talk to targets teams in a similar position to us maybe interested in e.g AV, everton, pompey

Again, I would say probably of lesser quality. Other than Modric, there are no other signings which Villa and City would be jealous of. People keep going on about Ramos status in Spain, but until he actaully gets someoen significant from there it's all hearsay.

Man City were actually seriously close to getting Ronaldinho. Much closer than Tottenham were for Eto'o who never even considered the idea of Spurs. If I were a Spurs fan, I'd be worried by that fact.

Ryddel
18th July '08, 10:07 PM
Why ronaldinho came out countless times and said no basically, plus money talks were no newcastle or man shity we aint gonna go pay 200k a week for someone no matter how good they are.

And knowone knows what goes on behind the scenes at any club unless there top of the food chain then i doubt they'd be on forums touting possible targets, alls i say is don't believe everything you read, that's is quite ironic considering what i just said about man city, but we will never no properly until it has been confirmed.

The Messiah
18th July '08, 10:16 PM
Why ronaldinho came out countless times and said no basically, plus money talks were no newcastle or man shity we aint gonna go pay 200k a week for someone no matter how good they are.

And knowone knows what goes on behind the scenes at any club unless there top of the food chain then i doubt they'd be on forums touting possible targets, alls i say is don't believe everything you read, that's is quite ironic considering what i just said about man city, but we will never no properly until it has been confirmed.

I read from plenty of reliable and decent papers that Ronaldinho was considering Man City, but his preferred place was Milan. Man City made a serious enough offer to make Barca confirm and talk about it, and 'Dinho's agent talked with respect with regards to City.

This is much more than this: Rafael van der Vaart rejects Tottenham (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/07/08/ufnvaart108.xml)

Van der Vaart would cost in the region of 15 million, which Spurs are reportedly willing to pay, however the player insists he is likely to remain at the HSV-Arena for the coming campaign.

Van der Vaart said: "The interest has been there for some time already, but they (Tottenham) are not the club I want to go to.

"The chance that I will stay at HSV is really big. As long as no team comes by which makes me immediately excited, I see no reason to leave."

Tottenham, clearly don't excite him. Par. But don't want to forget this either: Eto'o snubs Spurs over move (http://www.football.co.uk/tottenham_hotspur/etoo_snubs_spurs_over_move_266039.shtml)

Tottenham Hotspur's hopes of landing Samuel Eto'o have been scuppered after the Barcelona striker revealed he has no desire to join a 'mid-table side'.

I can't find a link that quote about him preferring to go to Arsenal over Spurs, so the above will do. With top quality players coming out with comments like these, I don't need to waste my breath taking the mickey out of Spurs...

Ryddel
18th July '08, 11:10 PM
yeah but if reports on eto'o are true about him and that uzbekistani club then i couldnt care, he was more than likely asking for big wages which obviously they can afford to pay for cos we have limits and dont go nuts don't wanna end up like leeds

The Messiah
18th July '08, 11:22 PM
yeah but if reports on eto'o are true about him and that uzbekistani club then i couldnt care, he was more than likely asking for big wages which obviously they can afford to pay for cos we have limits and dont go nuts don't wanna end up like leeds

But deep down, you and I both know that those are just air reports. He'll be at a club playing Champions League football next season.

Kaychi
19th July '08, 10:01 AM
berbatov wud b a gd buy, as long as his attitude stays good. rooney will not hesitate to switch on him. fergie would have none of his silliness, but i can see gettin atlease 15-20 goals from him a season.

just hope we get rid of saha. such a has been these days, injuries have ravaged him for a while now

Grimes
19th July '08, 10:11 AM
any striker who plays for man utd can be top goal scorer, how many goals did saha score the season previous to this one

D*evil*s
19th July '08, 03:04 PM
finally....

our squad is strong enuff...

wats a strike force we'll have

rooney
tevez
berbatov
saha *even doe hes gunna get sold 2 a mid-table team*

i fink we need a right back neville is hitting retirment soon.. and wes brown... had a fluki season... hes not world class...

Grimes
19th July '08, 03:56 PM
i really don't want robbie keane

KingSizeBlues
19th July '08, 04:07 PM
keane aint leaving