PDA

View Full Version : Wenger

Xtra P
25th April '11, 06:50 PM
The man has done so much for Arsenal football club, some fans have a short memory but I can understand the frustrations 'cause i'm as pissed off as the rest of you lot but do you man honestly think he should go?

I genuinely think the penny has dropped and he will spend in the summer, I don't think the new chairman will allow him to carry on with this idea of spending minimal amounts for maximum results 'cause it clearly isn't working in this current climate of spend spend spend. We'll simply get left behind and the fans will not accept that.

Personally I say see what he does in the summer and subsequently how we do next season then make a decision.

But if we do sack Wenger who REALISTICALLY can we bring who will do a better job?

Anyway hers's a poll.

Should he stay or go?

http://i51.tinypic.com/1085j0h.jpg

Crawla III.
25th April '11, 06:56 PM
1 more season.

BUT

if I see Denilson/Rosicky in the squad next season. I will have already lost faith.

Parrr
25th April '11, 06:57 PM
fuck that frog kick him out

Milford Cubicle
25th April '11, 06:57 PM
I honestly think that it's the players lack of effort late in the season and not all Wenger like people seem to be saying, and looking at his summer transfer targets (Sakho, Hazard etc.) it seems that rather than going for unproven players he is gunning for quality young players, especially Hazard. As well as this, Wenger has proven time and time again that Arsenal are the best club for developing young talent so there will be none wasted in the way they would be if they went to say, City or Chelsea. Keep the faith Arsenal fans, always rated Arsene highly.

Parring PumPum
25th April '11, 07:14 PM
In the current state of the football club, I'm actually glad that I don't attend games, due to living so far away.

But I'd like to see Wenger be successful with us, at least one trophy before he retires. It's obvious he wants that but he wants to do it in the 'perfect way', which in the current environment will not happen. If Wenger finally comes to his sense in the Summer then we could, arguably take the league by storm (based on performances from other teams this season), but that would take real spending, on TOP world class players.

If I see Sakho as the defender bought in the Summer, I won't be happy because he's not what we need. As much as we need to invest into certain positions we also need a HUGE clear out.

I voted stay, as much as I hate his stubborn, arrogant attitude, he's still the one manager who definitely can take us all the way, and without him we're not the Arsenal I grew up to love and support.

Switch
25th April '11, 07:16 PM
stay but if the same thing happens for umpteenth season in a row then surely he has to go, the thing is all he doesn't have to do that much to get us back on track again, he needs get back his hunger for actual trophies not these made up 2nd place trophies he's invented. if he was to go i don't believe it'll be our down fall like certain 'in arsene we trust' guys simply because we aren't stupid and we propably have a manager lined up already.

chris89
25th April '11, 07:24 PM
To be fair at the moment it's the players, he's been playing the best possible line up and it's just been the players lack of heart.

But he did create that team and it's more obvious than ever now that he needs a general in defence & midfield, if he doesn't get those in the summer then he should be gone the following year.

Parring PumPum
25th April '11, 07:32 PM
I disagree about needing somebody in midfield, although I think we should sell Walcott and buy Hazard, without a shadow of a doubt.

We need to buy two high profile centrebacks, I don't care for Vermaelen, he's a great player, but an achilles heel injury is just going to keep occuring by the looks of things.

Fuck Djourou and Koscielny. Squillaci doesn't even need to be mentioned. I think Clichy needs to go, I don't like the way he's put off his contract, it's a sly move imo.

And lastly we need another world class striker, there's so many young strikers, same age as Bendtner who are so much better. Okay it may cost 20million for one of them, but with the cash we can scrape together for these below par, not even squad players, would surely be more than enough to get that striker we've been starved off for years on end.

Mr. Jefferies
25th April '11, 07:33 PM
You see the Arsenal board, will they provide transfer money if he asks for it?

Shakeem
25th April '11, 07:36 PM
Voted 1 more season.

If he don't win nothing next season then man needs to resign. Its agony watching the team that I love draw or lose against teams we should easily beat.

Clive Eboue
25th April '11, 07:43 PM
Voted stay.

I think Stan Kroenke is the most important part of this situation. He's not going to sit back and not invest because as a new owner he will also be judged on trophies, however he's not going to come in and criticise/sack the clubs most successful manager when he has only just completed the takeover when he could alienate the fans.

Arsene pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee just sign a big fuck off centre-back and a midfield general, I'm pushing it asking for a quality striker but come on now it's getting ridiculous.

Xtra P
25th April '11, 07:48 PM
Players that aint good enough imo

Djourou - 3rd rate defender, lets not kid ourselves.
Denilson - Not Brazilian, he must really be from El Salvador or something.
Chamack - Give him one more year but even before we signed him, I didn't see any genuine quality, maybe he needs a run, we'll see but I doubt it.
Bendtner - If his Football ability was equal to his confidence, we'd have a player 10 times greater than Messi on our books, sadly this is not the case. The man is a championship level player
Almunia - LOL
Koscielny - http://i.imgur.com/CE4T7.gif #snm
Squillaci - http://i45.tinypic.com/107ujiu.gif
Clichy - had a spark when he started but now he's just garbage. He's never really been a good defender but back in the day his pace used to save him, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore and his positional awareness is terrible, the guy constantly plays people onside and his crosses are atrocious, a definate weak link.

Special mention to Diaby, I still have a glimmer of hope for this guy 'cause I've seen genuine quality from him but he's on borrowed time.

Pirate
25th April '11, 07:52 PM
tbh Wenger's only really guilty of two things:

- not replacing legendary players with players of a similar quality

- chatting shit about mental strength, the players are good enough and decisions

Shakeem
25th April '11, 07:53 PM
Xtrap surprised you didn't mention King Denilson first. lol

Clive Eboue
25th April '11, 07:53 PM
I think Djourou and Koscielny have roles to play in the squad personally, also I've given up on Diaby completely. He's always been inconsistent but this year he's just been appalling all the time. His performances against Barca second leg and the United game in the cup were probably the worst combined individual performances I have seen from any player including Kaba Diawara.

Parring PumPum
25th April '11, 07:54 PM
Yeah surprised Rosicky isn't on that list either lol.

Don't expect many of these players to leave though, wouldn't say any more than 3 will go in the Summer.

Xtra P
25th April '11, 07:56 PM
Oh snap, forgot about Rosicky. He needs to go but I'm not going to bad mouth him 'cause I think it's injury's that have hampered him. He used to be a skengsmith.

Shakeem
25th April '11, 07:59 PM
Lol @ anyone still wanting Arsene to stay if we end up without a trophy next season.

Clive Eboue
25th April '11, 08:02 PM
Everything at the club is there because of him, it's moulded from the bottom to the top around his success and his philosophies. Bringing in someone else isn't going to help.

Bergkamp >>>>>>>

NaiJaBoY
25th April '11, 08:28 PM
Realistically there isnt a manager we can get who will guarantee a top four finish if everything else fails.

Anyone else apart from Jose or Guardiola would be a reckless gamble.

A new assistant would be perfect
Bould
Slaven Bilić
Keown

25th April '11, 08:28 PM
Players that aint good enough imo

Djourou - 3rd rate defender, lets not kid ourselves.
Denilson - Not Brazilian, he must really be from El Salvador or something.
Chamack - Give him one more year but even before we signed him, I didn't see any genuine quality, maybe he needs a run, we'll see but I doubt it.
Bendtner - If his Football ability was equal to his confidence, we'd have a player 10 times greater than Messi on our books, sadly this is not the case. The man is a championship level player
Almunia - LOL
Squillaci - http://i45.tinypic.com/107ujiu.gif
Clichy - had a spark when he started but now he's just garbage. He's never really been a good defender but back in the day his pace used to save him, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore and his positional awareness is terrible, the guy constantly plays people onside and his crosses are atrocious, a definate weak link.

Special mention to Diaby, I still have a glimmer of hope for this guy 'cause I've seen genuine quality from him but he's on borrowed time.

bolded should stay and have had decent seasons. you can't say shit about bendtner til he getts a run of games as a striker lol at him being played on the wing and crossing the ball for van persie :dead: wenger's tactics <<<<

rosicky needs to leave, diaby is a brain dead player...

voted for him to stay 1 more season. hopefully he will go back to 442 and plays either vela, theo or bendtner upfront with van persie...

look at how well little pea is doing for united, vela could be doing thaat for us but no wenger plays him on the wing... :dead:

Parring PumPum
25th April '11, 08:32 PM
bolded should stay and have had decent seasons. you can't say shit about bendtner til he getts a run of games as a striker lol at him being played on the wing and crossing the ball for van persie :dead: wenger's tactics <<<<

rosicky needs to leave, diaby is a brain dead player...

voted for him to stay 1 more season. hopefully he will go back to 442 and plays either vela, theo or bendtner upfront with van persie...

look at how well little pea is doing for united, vela could be doing thaat for us but no wenger plays him on the wing... :dead:

Disagree with the majority of this post. Vela is shit, Bendtner is not good enough. He had a run of games last season, fuck him.

Vela is hit and miss, which isn't good enough. Let him stay at West Brom.

Burden Durden
25th April '11, 08:34 PM
Wenger needs to stop purchasing french players and french speaking africans.

First sighning should be gary cahill.

R-Style
25th April '11, 08:41 PM
Voted leave (cos as a united fan I think this would benefit us the most)

but apart from that I'm actually happy that Wenger is still at Arsenal. Shows that teams can still stick by the manager even if they're not winning trophies every season.

If Mancini doesn't win the FA cup I see him getting booted tbh

25th April '11, 08:44 PM
Disagree with the majority of this post. Vela is shit, Bendtner is not good enough. He had a run of games last season, fuck him.

Vela is hit and miss, which isn't good enough. Let him stay at West Brom.

lol at saying vela is shit... how can you judge a player being played out of position and not getting enough game time?

bendtner did well last season aswell, scored some important goals for us smh.

Tony Starks
25th April '11, 08:47 PM
Vela isn't good enough let it go

Parring PumPum
25th April '11, 08:47 PM
lol at saying vela is shit... how can you judge a player being played out of position and not getting enough game time?

bendtner did well last season aswell, scored some important goals for us smh.

You think Vela's good enough to be in our starting 11 ... :dozey:

And he did alright, he proved he can score goals, but he's not good enough to play for Arsenal. When United have their Rooney's and Hernandez's, Chelsea have their Drogba's and Torres' (lol), and you see us with Bendtner ... Really?

Hij
25th April '11, 08:48 PM
Good thing I believe is that the guy that bought you is a proven sports winner. I was beginning to think after all the hype before the Emirates was built, about you being broke for a few seasons and then reaping the rewards of it, was some underhand tactic to just make loads of money off the back of the Arsenal by the directors. Cut back on players, build new stadium, reap in money, don't spend any? Is there anything in this that might be why Bracewell Smith or whoever sold her shares (I know there was a big fall out long before that though) and she left the board.

Just seemed odd to me that the football people like Dein were on their way out, the board kept promising lavish amounts of money, yet every summer it never materialised? And why is what Wenger say's normally at odds with what ever the board used to put out (pre-Kroneke) Maybe I'm just concocting conspiracy theories, but I thought the whole point of the new stadium was to generate the money to purchase the players to take Arsenal into the future - rather than lumbering them with debt ala Liverpool, Chelsea and United.

Personally, a final season, with a request that he do the honourable thing and resign should you fail to win anything. Ultimately though, maybe you need it to be freshened up there.

We are really seeing the benefits of having a new world class manager at our club, Benitez was stagnant (but could have turned it around with new owners in my opinion), Hodgson was just a poor stop gap and gave in to player power too much and now we really seem to have a buzz around the club again, with leaks from people in high positions few and far between and can finally be quietly confident about on the pitch improving- without the millstone of 40m interest around our necks, there actually seems to be a buzz about us actually spending some money this summer.

Peversley, you haven't been what we have been through in the last 2-3 years, but maybe your at a similar juncture.

Although, to be honest, I have no idea how you can properly move forwards behind the scenes etc while you have 2 owners who seem to want different things, it's almost like our situation in the past, but at least you have someone who has a fucking majority share.

Shakeem
Eduardo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Velulz

Xtra P
Couple Arsenal fans at my work think Vela is as good as Hernandez and he just needs to be given a chance.

Them man are clearly smoking the white stuff.

Hij
25th April '11, 08:56 PM
Couple Arsenal fans at my work think Vela is as good as Hernandez and he just needs to be given a chance.

Them man are clearly smoking the white stuff.

Maybe the brown stuff at the same time.

NB: Waiting to see what SamJackson247 puts as his vote lol

Tony Starks
25th April '11, 08:57 PM

And he did alright, he proved he can score goals, but he's not good enough to play for Arsenal. When United have their Rooney's and Hernandez's, Chelsea have their Drogba's and Torres' (lol), and you see us with Bendtner ... Really?
Bendtner dosent start for Arsenal that's a silly comparison

Edit: all the guys that voted "Go" can you state if you're Arsenal fans?

NaiJaBoY
25th April '11, 08:59 PM
Almunia
Fabianski
Seb
Clichy (bench)
Denilson
Diaby
Rosicky
Nick
Vela

Some thing has to be done about these players

Eduardo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Velulz
Selling Eduardo was just plain stupid

25th April '11, 09:01 PM
Vela isn't good enough let it go

i know the boaat has probably sailed for vela being a sucess at arsenal

he isn't good enough to start as we need a World class striker to play alongside rvp but vela never got a fair chance.

Parring PumPum
25th April '11, 09:01 PM
Bendtner dosent start for Arsenal that's a silly comparison

Edit: all the guys that voted "Go" can you state if you're Arsenal fans?

Jonny S stated in his post above that we should go to 4-4-2 and play either Walcott/Vela/Bendtner upfront with RVP, so in his idea it is not a silly comparison. That's why I said it, but even so, with Bendtner on the bench it is still no match for Chelsea/City/United's benched strikers.

25th April '11, 09:03 PM
how do you man think should play upfront for arsenal?

who should wenger buy... name names...

Selling Eduardo was just plain stupid

playing eduardo wide in a 433 was stupid.

Tony Starks
25th April '11, 09:03 PM
Almunia
Fabianski
Seb
Clichy (bench)
Denilson
Diaby
Rosicky
Nick
Vela

Some thing has to be done about these players

Be serious you don't expect us to ship off 8 players ffs. You saw the games against Bolton and Liverpool and how we fucked it up. Not ONE of those players in that list of yours was at fault so stop all this panic.

I agree with sub standard players leaving but its unhealthy to expect a club to ship so many players out and bring the same amount in, in the space of one window.

Parring PumPum
25th April '11, 09:05 PM
Nah we had to let Eduardo go, he doesn't even make it into Shakhtar's starting 11, he'd be a waste of space here if he was still here.

He WAS a great player, but that leg break fucked him over, sadly.

Everyone knew he had to be sold, for our and his benefit tbh.

how do you man think should play upfront for arsenal?

who should wenger buy... name names...

Darren Bent is a perfect choice imo, although it won't happen. I rate Lisandro Lopez, Lavezzi. There's plenty of players we could get hold of, who wouldn't cost more than 20million.

Tony Starks
25th April '11, 09:06 PM
Nah we had to let Eduardo go, he doesn't even make it into Shakhtar's starting 11, he'd be a waste of space here if he was still here.

He WAS a great player, but that leg break fucked him over, sadly.

Everyone knew he had to be sold, for our and his benefit tbh.

Its clear guys are desperately reaching now.

Shakeem
25th April '11, 09:06 PM
Nah we had to let Eduardo go, he doesn't even make it into Shakhtar's starting 11, he'd be a waste of space here if he was still here..

Lol @ me watching every Shakhtar highlight from their Champions League campaign and him scoring in near enough every match.

25th April '11, 09:07 PM
Darren Bent is a perfect choice imo, although it won't happen. I rate Lisandro Lopez, Lavezzi. There's plenty of players we could get hold of, who wouldn't cost more than 20million.

what formation tho 442?

Tony Starks
25th April '11, 09:10 PM
Darren bent? Jesus christ

Why the sudden calling for 442? No one was asking for a change of formation when we beat Barca with 433

The formation works well with the players we have. So we have 442 and put jack wilshere on the wing right? Just so we can have Darren Bent being the 'fox in the box' :dozey:

Parring PumPum
25th April '11, 09:12 PM
Lol no I wouldn't play 4-4-2, that would never work.

I'd play the formation we have now..

Just I'd chuck Song out and play Fab & Wilshere the holding role, with RVP on the left, Nasri in the centre and Arshavin/Walcott/Hazard (If we got him) on the right. With Bent upfront.

25th April '11, 09:15 PM
Darren bent? Jesus christ

Why the sudden calling for 442? No one was asking for a change of formation when we beat Barca with 433
The formation works well with the players we have. So we have 442 and put jack wilshere on the wing right? Just so we can have Darren Bent being the 'fox in the box' :dozey:

firstly jack would be CM... song would get dropped

433 or 4231 was suppose to be protect us more but were getting counterd attacked more than ever... smh

we might as well go two up top cah were gonna concede goals anyway... that's my opinion anyway

Switch
25th April '11, 09:15 PM
You see the Arsenal board, will they provide transfer money if he asks for it?the money has near enough always been there but he just doesn't want to spend it, finding a bargain is what he loves to do as if it proves something.

Almunia
Denilson
squilacci
these guys are the ones that need moving off 1st, when they play they are a hindrance to the team, still don't think much will happen over the summer though, he is too kind to his players and just look how they treat him, its a joke.

Burden Durden
25th April '11, 09:16 PM
Lol @ an arsenal fan calling for Dazza Bent. I've read it all now.

Tony Starks
25th April '11, 09:18 PM
firstly jack would be CM... song would get dropped

433 or 4231 was suppose to be protect us more but were getting counterd attacked more than ever... smh

we might as well go two up top cah were gonna concede goals anyway... that's my opinion anyway
And you think we won't get countered with no defensive midfielder?

Getting countered isn't why we lost the cup final. And it isn't why we lost late goals to L'pool and Bolton

Switch
25th April '11, 09:20 PM
And you think we won't get countered with no defensive midfielder?:laugh: its bad enough now I wouldn't want to even comprehend what it would like without one

Shakeem
25th April '11, 09:20 PM
Squallaci been with us for 1 year init?

25th April '11, 09:21 PM
And you think we won't get countered with no defensive midfielder?

lol at thinking song is playing as a defensive midfielder this season.

jack does more defensive work than song fact. fouling man in and around our box is :dead: and has cost us bare points this season, as we are shocking at defending set pieces.

song this season <<<

Switch
25th April '11, 09:21 PM
Squallaci been with us for 1 year init?not yet but its been far too long either way

Parring PumPum
25th April '11, 09:22 PM
Why the hate for Bent? He's in my opinion Englands' second best striker, he's a problem in the box and can latch onto crosses. He's ideal, we won't get him though, that's obvious to see. But I would happily put him in our squad.

Switch
25th April '11, 09:27 PM

jack does more defensive work than song fact. fouling man in and around our box is :dead: and has cost us bare points this season, as we aare shocking at defending set pieces.

song this season <<<more time song has been fine, yeah he gives away dumb fouls but he at least puts work in along with jack and without him we would be far worse off and the defending of the set pieces is down to coaching and communication, which we seem to be lacking, tactically the players are a bit lost.

Why the hate for Bent? He's in my opinion Englands' second best striker, he's a problem in the box and can latch onto crosses. He's ideal, we won't get him though, that's obvious to see. But I would happily put him in our squad.agreed, a striker that simply wants to shoot at goal is ideal for us, he has scored loads of goals where ever he has been and with the chances he would get in our team he would score a shed load

Tony Starks
25th April '11, 09:30 PM

jack does more defensive work than song fact. fouling man in and around our box is :dead: and has cost us bare points this season, as we are shocking at defending set pieces.

song this season <<<
You clearly haven't been watching closely this season

Why the hate for Bent? He's in my opinion Englands' second best striker, he's a problem in the box and can latch onto crosses. He's ideal, we won't get him though, that's obvious to see. But I would happily put him in our squad.
No hate he's just not a Champions League/World Cup striker. He can only play for teams that direct 100% of their play towards servicing him. E.g Charlton, Sunderland, Villa and its why he flopped at Spurs.

Also Carrol and Rooney are Englands first choice and an on form Defoe is miles better

50 Cedis
25th April '11, 09:32 PM
honestly cant see a realistic replacement that will take us that step further, so i voted stay

25th April '11, 09:34 PM
more time song has been fine, yeah he gives away dumb fouls but he at least puts work in along with jack and without him we would be far worse off and the defending of the set pieces is down to coaching and communication, which we seem to be lacking, tactically the players are a bit lost.

:laugh:

fouls which he gives away more time.

433 or 4231 would work better if song stayed in front of the back 4 like he did last season. he broke play up and joined in a little bit.

we might as well play ramsey/nasri next to wilshere if song is just gonna go running forward, then making those retarded fouls on the edge of our box cause we got countered.

You clearly haven't been watching closely this season

if your telling me that song does more defensive work than jack... smh

i mean winning challenges, not fouling...

Tony Starks
25th April '11, 09:37 PM
Everything Wilshere does is applauded, don't get me wrong he's been amazing this season but don't get blinded.

Hij
25th April '11, 09:40 PM
Thread is fully entertaining.

Darren Bent lmao

Xtra P
25th April '11, 09:41 PM
Wilshere for prime minister!111

25th April '11, 09:45 PM
Everything Wilshere does is applauded, don't get me wrong he's been amazing this season but don't get blinded.

You man have been blinded by Nasri's early season form...

Nasri since new year <<<

Off topic but still.

nortside
25th April '11, 09:48 PM
one more year

bring in a grips cb

grips cm

pacy forward

25th April '11, 09:50 PM
one more year

bring in a grips cb

grips cm

pacy forward

:stunned:

that pacy forward better be a winger, we need some proper wingers fam.

Parring PumPum
25th April '11, 09:52 PM
Gary Cahill, a 28-30 year old Centre back, Fab or Nasri out, Hazard in, Bent in.

Really think that's what we need. We DEFINITELY need more English/British players in the squad. We want communication in the squad, we need those man who can speak fluent English.

NaiJaBoY
25th April '11, 10:07 PM
Be serious you don't expect us to ship off 8 players ffs. You saw the games against Bolton and Liverpool and how we fucked it up. Not ONE of those players in that list of yours was at fault so stop all this panic.

I agree with sub standard players leaving but its unhealthy to expect a club to ship so many players out and bring the same amount in, in the space of one window.
I didnt say they should all be sold, they all need to be sat down and shown their utter uselessness.

2 or 3 of them did to go to set some type of example imo.

Some one like Nick who Arsene seems to favour over Chamakh, when Chamakh's performance earlier in the season shows that they are miles apart in quality. This fool's first touch is fucking awful aka touch of a rapist

Clichy as well, Gibbs is too injury prone to challenge him for his place. Maybe we need a versatile LB who can play left mid too.

Vela isnt going to make it, unless a miracle happens and he fucking wakes up.

The Messiah
25th April '11, 10:09 PM
Wenger should stay till the end of his contract.

The only thing different I have to add is that if at the end of his contract, if Arsenal are still yet to win a Champions League trophy then Wenger has underachieved during time at Arsenal. He has had the tools and the time to create a team good enough to win it.

quality
25th April '11, 10:10 PM
Big Sam's available.

Clive Eboue
25th April '11, 10:14 PM
I beg Johnny S the blatant troll gets banned from Sports Room wtf am I reading??

4-4-2???? We have about 10 attacking midfielders and no wingers you mong how will that benefit us.

Song<<<<<<<<?????? Are you maaaaaaaaaaad?!?! Yes he makes stupid challenges at times but how has he cost us points? lol @ParringPumPum if you put Jack in the holding role you are inhibiting his all round game tbh.

Also I don't want to hear anyone talking about potential signings because it won't be anyone mentioned ITT.

Rant over :dozey:

Parring PumPum
25th April '11, 10:19 PM
Wilshere has the ability to be a holding midfielder, he has the attitude of a captain. He's the type of guy who in 5 years, should be the guy to lead us out, just as Vieira did.

You're right, he may well not be playing to his full potential if we are to play with him in a holding role. But I think Fabregas will play better where Wilshere is deployed right now, so in a way we aren't losing anything.

Nasri will be moved centrally where he plays SO much better, and we'll still have the pace of Walcott and the presence of RVP up front.

The only real downfall to this formation in my opinion is not having a REAL defensive midfielder, but I think if we are to buy centre backs in the Summer, this should resolve the issue somewhat.

Xtra P
25th April '11, 10:21 PM
Nasri and Cesc will be probably be gone next season.

Clive Eboue
25th April '11, 10:21 PM
Yeah not worried about Cesc going tbh, Sami is sick in centre mid (neg train on Johnny S for disagreeing). I know what's going to happen though, he will use Frimpong as DM cover smh.

25th April '11, 10:28 PM
I beg Johnny S the blatant troll gets banned from Sports Room wtf am I reading??

4-4-2???? We have about 10 attacking midfielders and no wingers you mong how will that benefit us.

We have about 10 attacking midfielders who rarely attack/shoot... :dead:

man like nasri that can't pick out a forward pass more time lol

we have no wingers but play strikers or AM's out wide... :dead:

i'm not debating about song anymore... that boat has sailed fam.

Yeah not worried about Cesc going tbh, Sami is sick in centre mid (neg train on Johnny S for disagreeing). I know what's going to happen though, he will use Frimpong as DM cover smh.

wouldn't mind that tbh aslong as we signed a proper winger.

MyLord
25th April '11, 10:28 PM
STAY

even as a ;iverpool fan I would not want my fellow gooner to go through the stress and pain of seeing a shit manager in charge of such a good squad. Wenger just needs a kick up the arse tbh.
Arsenal need a wake up call. Hopefully they get knocked out the CL group stage and/or they don't make the top four. That will get them playing

Clive Eboue
25th April '11, 10:29 PM
Nasri can't pick out a forward pass dcsfdvfsdvw
sdfbvsrtgd
fbv
stgdfbv
ergsd
fbv
ergsf
dbvesrtdgf
bv
ergdf
bve
gfd
bverdg
fcgb
vertdgf
bgvefdsg
vertsgdfg
vertsfd
g
evrsf
dgb
vertf
dsgb
vertsf
dg
vrtsfd
gv
rtsfd
gvrst
dfgv
srtdf

brb smashing my head against a brick wall.

Parring PumPum
25th April '11, 10:30 PM
I don't wanna hear this 'get out of the top four' shit. That is absolutely ridiculous, if that was to happen, we'd have none of this squad left.

We would be left with the shit players mentioned ITT. Can't believe guys actually think it's worth dropping out the top four lol.

MyLord
25th April '11, 10:30 PM
We have about 10 attacking midfielders who rarely attack/shoot... :dead:

man like nasri that can't pick out a forward pass more time lol

we have no wingers but play strikers or AM's out wide... :dead:

i'm not debating about song anymore... that boat has sailed fam.

wouldn't mind that tbh aslong as we signed a proper winger.

lol @ replacing Walcott with Bentner.

Ro-Man Roader
25th April '11, 10:32 PM
Mourinho would be the number 1 target if Wenger was to leave.

He wants to come back to England, doubt he'll go back to Chelsea, and he wins Trophies, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see it happen.

Switch
25th April '11, 10:32 PM
i don't get your disliking towards nasri, he one of the very few elite members of the squad, his passing is probably 2nd only to cesc

MyLord
25th April '11, 10:34 PM
I don't wanna hear this 'get out of the top four' shit. That is absolutely ridiculous, if that was to happen, we'd have none of this squad left.

We would be left with the shit players mentioned ITT. Can't believe guys actually think it's worth dropping out the top four lol.
Not saying they should do it purposly but if they did, you telling me that wenger would not spend money? do you not think this will force the team to focus more and take their chances instead of dancing around in the box like some fags?

i don't get your disliking towards nasri, he one of the very few elite members of the squad, his passing is probably 2nd only to cesc

We'll av him

Parring PumPum
25th April '11, 10:36 PM
Not saying they should do it purposly but if they did, you telling me that wenger would not spend money? do you not think this will force the team to focus more and take their chances instead of dancing around in the box like some fags?

No it wouldn't, they'd all want to leave. Players don't want to be here now, if we finished 4th, we'd truely be fucked.

Wenger would only spend by replacing those who left if we finished outside the top four imo.

Xtra P
25th April '11, 10:36 PM
Without Nasri we'd be a lot worse off. No true gunner would be dissin Samir.

He's gone off the boil since the turn of the year but he's still a skengman.

MyLord
25th April '11, 10:37 PM
Gary Cahill, a 28-30 year old Centre back, Fab or Nasri out, Hazard in, Bent in.

Really think that's what we need. We DEFINITELY need more English/British players in the squad. We want communication in the squad, we need those man who can speak fluent English.
Ulot wont get Hazard any time soon but I remember he did an interview and he was saying how much he would love to play for arsenal. If a player of that quality said that about Liverpool and we didnt sign him I would be pisd

Hickory Dickory
25th April '11, 10:39 PM
Has anyone noticed that over the years robin van persie looks much taller?

MyLord
25th April '11, 10:41 PM
No it wouldn't, they'd all want to leave. Players don't want to be here now, if we finished 4th, we'd truely be fucked.

Wenger would only spend by replacing those who left if we finished outside the top four imo.

and the only reason wenger does not spend is because the team he has now is putting in a reasonable performance and getting reasonable results and he's satisfied with that. If they did not finish top four, I guarantee he would make major changes to the squad straight away

Switch
25th April '11, 10:42 PM
Has anyone noticed that over the years robin van persie looks much taller?:laugh: nah i realised from early he was a very tall guy.

not to jinx it but van persie has played how much games on the bounce now? is it 20? im kind of proud of him

25th April '11, 10:42 PM

who does nasri pass to more time? the fall backs.. alow it

Without Nasri we'd be a lot worse off. No true gunner would be dissin Samir.

He's gone off the boil since the turn of the year but he's still a skengman.

say nizzy ^^^

I don't hate nasri, i just don't like the fact that he's getting a free pass cause of his early form, he has score 1 goal since the fa cup replay against leeds in january... :dead add to that only 1 or 2 assists this season lol

Clive Eboue
25th April '11, 10:43 PM
This is the longest we have had Persie playing in the 6 or 7 years we have had him and the result is 17 goals in 17 starts. Madness lol

We need Tommy V back soon.

MyLord
25th April '11, 10:45 PM
I don't hate nasri, i just don't like the fact that he's getting a free pass cause of his early form, he has score 1 goal since the fa cup replay against leeds in january... :dead add to that only 1 or 2 assists this season lol

Good point

Xtra P
25th April '11, 10:45 PM
Van Pizzle is world class, yeah I said it.

MyLord
25th April '11, 10:46 PM
Van Pizzle is world class, yeah I said it.
meh

Cazorla
25th April '11, 10:46 PM
Our attacking options need tweaking but our defence needs a fucking overhaul.

I read somewhere that more than 50% of the goals we've conceded this season have been from set pieces

Switch
25th April '11, 10:47 PM
who does nasri pass to more time? the fall backs.. alow it

say nizzy ^^^

I don't hate nasri, i just don't like the fact that he's getting a free pass cause of his early form, he has score 1 goal since the fa cup replay against leeds in january... :dead add to that only 1 assist lolits not a free pass though because although he hasn't been is suburb self he is still contributing greatly, you dont have to be continuously scoring or giving the final ball to be an influence, cesc hasn't done much for a while either but their influence when playing is obvious to see, when nas doesn't play we are far less effective.

25th April '11, 10:48 PM
lol
been saying that from time ^^^ @xtrap
all i ever heard back was ''he's injury prone''
he bangs goals and gets assists RvP >>>

switch i agree with you fam... it's just frustration on my part tbh... :(

Hij
25th April '11, 10:48 PM
All the nicknames are a little ghey (hey I can mis-spell a word/name as well!)

Shakeem
25th April '11, 10:50 PM
The way without RvP I dont see no one taking on that goal scoring role. Chamakhyourbitchup was doing good until he got tired lol and rvp came back.

The little russian been shit most of this season<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Switch
25th April '11, 10:50 PM
This is the longest we have had Persie playing in the 6 or 7 years we have had him and the result is 17 goals in 17 starts. Madness lol

We need Tommy V back soon.yeah was thinking isnt it about time this guy got injured :laugh:

it he could stay fit for at least 2/3 of the season that would be a monumental boost for us

agreed can't wait to see Vermaelen back in the red and white

Hickory Dickory
25th April '11, 10:52 PM
:laugh: nah i realised from early he was a very tall guy.

not to jinx it but van persie has played how much games on the bounce now? is it 20? im kind of proud of him

if he manages to not get injured till end of season itll be a proud moment.

Xtra P
25th April '11, 10:53 PM
meh

My opinion.

When he's playing, he's scoring.

Jimmy Conway
25th April '11, 10:54 PM
Naw keep him, you can't stop Manchester from being a good team. Wengers a good manager, it's just look at the years that he's coaching in, both Manchester and Chelsea have great team leaders, while Arsenal have meh leaders and some pussies. I reckon by the time Jack gets a bit older he'll be captain and the squad will be #1

Clive Eboue
25th April '11, 10:54 PM
He was doing a signing in the shop before Christmas and some guy asked Perse to promise his little son that he wouldn't break his leg this season :laugh:

awkward social pressure <<<<<<

NaiJaBoY
25th April '11, 10:58 PM
In the EPL
Nasri - GM 28 GLS10 AST1 SHT78
Arshavin - GM33 GLS6 AST11 SHT66

Also Nasri starts most of his games.

Thats why Arshavin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Xtra P
25th April '11, 10:58 PM
On the bright side, Jacky Wishizzle has had a great year and Aaron Ramsizzle will be back to his best next season.

Hij
25th April '11, 11:01 PM
On the bright side, Jacky Wishizzle has had a great year and Aaron Ramsizzle will be back to his best next season.

And at the weekend Man U are gonna fire a Man-U-Mizzle at your defence.

Xtra P
25th April '11, 11:03 PM

http://i56.tinypic.com/2s7z9ew.jpg

Switch
25th April '11, 11:04 PM
On the bright side, Jacky Wishizzle has had a great year and Aaron Ramsizzle will be back to his best next season..

jack has gained a lot of experiance this year and i hope ramsey get back to something where he was before the incident because he was firing then.

out of the youngsters that went out on loan who would you guys give 1st team opportunities to?

Hij
25th April '11, 11:04 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2s7z9ew.jpg

We've got Shizzle and Lethal Bizzle and some other N Tizzle as well, we don't need no more :laugh:

25th April '11, 11:05 PM

And wrap up the title and beat Liverpool's tally... :laugh:

http://i54.tinypic.com/29wl5q8.jpg

Xtra P
25th April '11, 11:05 PM
We've got Shizzle and Lethal Bizzle and some other N Tizzle as well, we don't need no more :laugh:

fo' shizzle my nizzle lol

25th April '11, 11:06 PM

out of the youngsters that went out on loan who would you guys give 1st team opportunities to?

Lansbury, Bartley and maybe JET (i don't where he would play tho)

Hij
25th April '11, 11:08 PM
And wrap up the title and beat Liverpool's tally... :laugh:
]

You mean like your gonna be dancing around the room when Man United not only beat you, but win the league because your team bottled it again? The title could be won on 80 points, that's criminal.

I'll be supporting Arsenal, oddly enough, but I've put the lucky shirt away now, it's not lucky in the slightest.

fo' shizzle my nizzle lol
BRB need to roll a Cigarizzle

Switch
25th April '11, 11:09 PM
In the EPL
Nasri - GM 28 GLS10 AST1 SHT78
Arshavin - GM33 GLS6 AST11 SHT66

Also Nasri starts most of his games.

Thats why Arshavin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nasri starts most of the games because he can do and it has been merited, while with arshavin you don't know whats going to happen and how long he will last, still a badman though but nasri is just that bit better

NaiJaBoY
25th April '11, 11:09 PM
Wilshere need to spot being shot shy, Theo also had a good season.

Ramsey should keep Rosicky and Denilson at home, Chesney will stop winking and I pray to God TV5 is back in pre-season.

Xtra P
25th April '11, 11:11 PM
You man turning my Wenger thread into a sending match man llow it.

We'll draw against United chuss me and Chelski will go on to win the league.

I've already seen it happen

http://loot-ninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/negrodamus.jpg

Hij
25th April '11, 11:12 PM

That's mathematically impossible, unless United (stifles laugh) drop points against Blackburn or Blackpool

Just do us a favour now the pressures off and beat the bastards.

Shakeem
25th April '11, 11:13 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljud99TB6C1qhgpom.gif

Switch
25th April '11, 11:16 PM
We've got Shizzle and Lethal Bizzle and some other N Tizzle as well, we don't need no more :laugh::laugh: what?

Wilshere need to spot being shot shy, Theo also had a good season.

Ramsey should keep Rosicky and Denilson at home, Chesney will stop winking and I pray to God TV5 is back in pre-season.with wilshere that will come soon enough i think, theo has showed signs of improvement but still needs to knuckle down and work harder, im hoping denilson will be gone tbh

Xtra P
25th April '11, 11:17 PM
That's mathematically impossible, unless United (stifles laugh) drop points against Blackburn or Blackpool

Just do us a favour now the pressures off and beat the bastards.

Chelski will beat United at OT and United will draw the Blackburn game.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljud99TB6C1qhgpom.gif

http://i54.tinypic.com/345c4yt.gif

Shakeem
25th April '11, 11:21 PM
Chelski will beat United at OT and United will draw the Blackburn game.

http://i54.tinypic.com/345c4yt.gif

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljnnfy8mVj1qi0v4go1_500.gif

Crawla III.
25th April '11, 11:21 PM

Lansbury to replace Denilson
Bartley because Wenger won't buy a cb

/

How has Traore done for Juve?

Switch
25th April '11, 11:26 PM
Lansbury to replace Denilson
Bartley because Wenger won't buy a cb

/

How has Traore done for Juve?yeah i was think lansbury for that guy (he doesn't deserve a name tbh)
traore is doing pretty well from what ive read on the young guns website

DTR
25th April '11, 11:28 PM
Voted stay.

Clive Eboue
25th April '11, 11:32 PM
smh whining about sub standard players then saying Lansbury should come straight into the squad. I'm a fan of his, he has done a very good job at Norwich but he is not trophy winning QUALITY.

Bartley should go on loan again then get a shot tbh, Frimpong has major potential. It's a shame that Wenger is going to buy Ozil, Xabi Alonso and Vidic in the summer as these lot won't develop properly.

Hickory Dickory
25th April '11, 11:39 PM
smh whining about sub standard players then saying Lansbury should come straight into the squad. I'm a fan of his, he has done a very good job at Norwich but he is not trophy winning QUALITY.

Bartley should go on loan again then get a shot tbh, Frimpong has major potential. It's a shame that Wenger is going to buy Ozil, Xabi Alonso and Vidic in the summer as these lot won't develop properly.

It's truely a shame we never really tried to develop the youth much at this club what with Wenger always spending money on big players.

Crawla III.
25th April '11, 11:42 PM
lol Im just being realistic as I can't see us making any major signings unless Cesc leaves.

My wishlist would involve us improving the 1st team. With players like Song & Theo becoming squad players

Flawless
25th April '11, 11:55 PM
It's evident to near enough everyone on what type of players Arsenal need but Wenger won't sign any of them, he'll just continue doing what he's doing now

D.Martin
26th April '11, 03:01 AM
he'll spend big money this summer but a few players liek rosicky eboue denilson vela fabregas will move on might aswell throw them two so called defenders he brought back out and get some guy from the slums to partner vermalen eith shay given in the sticks

daspecimen
26th April '11, 08:54 AM
The stats that damn the Wenger’s recent record

2010-2011: With 11 games to go the title was in our hands. We’ve won once in seven and now the title is gone.

2009-2010: With seven games to go we were two points adrift. We won one of our next six and finished 11 behind Chelsea.

2007-2008: We were five points clear with 12 to play. We won one of our next eight.

—————–

Three times in four years Arsene Wenger has put together sides good enough to at the very least keep pace with those at the top until deep into the season. To put together a title challenge (which is what the above seasons were) is very tough – Liverpool have managed it once in 20 years, other prominent clubs never in that time.

You don’t put together a title challenge by being crap. We’re not crap. We’re a long, long way from being crap. If you listened to some people we’ve got crap keepers, crap central defenders, a lightweight midfield, crap wingers and crap strikers, who can’t defend corners, can’t attack corners, can’t shoot from range, can’t shoot close in etc etc etc.

We’re not crap.

Equally, nor can one expect to win the title every time one gets deep into the season and in with a good chance. Sometimes you fall a little short: witness us in 1998-99 or United last season.

But, something profoundly is wrong when having got so far, you fall off the edge of a cliff, not once, not twice, but three times.

Cup games are one offs, where crazy things can happen. But as Arsene Wenger quite rightly says, the league is what you must be judged against.

And so judge him I will.

This season’s collapse (when Sunderland came and got their only point in 27 and Blackburn got a similarly rare point) came with a virtually full squad and no excuses. It suggests that while injury no doubt didn’t help in 07-08 or 09-10, it probably wasn’t the overriding factor.

Remember, Arsene Wenger is a guy who used to be able to get his charges to embark on runs that blew Fergie away in the latter part of a season. Ten wins in a row 97-98, 13 in 01-02, Invincibility in 03-04. How distant that now looks.

For me, the evidence is now there of a systematic failure over recent years. One built on a degree achievement no doubt, but failure none the same because you simply shouldn’t collapse in the way we have so often so recently.

These are not the failings of a young team finding it’s feet. Nor are they failings that will go away with the addition of one English central defender (an absurd argument).

They are failings that lie with the man whose presence so dominates our club.

Why am I saying this now? Not because it has not been apparent for a while but because the season has now played itself out. Until this weekend we had a reasonable chance (win our last five games and we’d have probably still won it). Now we have a minimal one. So while others may have said a similar thing first, for me now is the right time.

I don’t expect the board to part company with the manager this year.

But in terms of what I would like to see happen, for me there has to be a proper tangible realisation that we’re not simply a young team getting closer and closer. That line was fair enough for a while but can no longer hold.

Instead it must be realised that there has been an overarching failure and if the manager is to continue (and I say if very deliberately), then there must be a full acknowledgement of this failure and as far reaching a change of approach as there has ever been during his time here to put things right.

If he can accept that, then fine. If not, he should go.

Not the best written piece, but makes some solid points. The way we used to be able to finish the season on a high >>>>>>>>>>>>

Just hear that if we don't beat united, and City beat West Ham they will be 2 points behind us with a game in hand :dead:

The Don
26th April '11, 12:37 PM
"If we do not deliver in one or two years I will be responsible. It is the most important moment in the life of this club" - Arsene Wenger, 16 May 2009.

talkingthehardest
26th April '11, 12:41 PM
Bring in Mertesacker, Sakho, Taarabt and Buffon! Sell Rosicky, Clichy, Denilson, Eboue and possibly Arshavin. I think we should keep hold of Bendtner though. And I think it's about time to give Gibbs a run in the first team, Clichy should have been dropped after the Barcelona match, he's far too accident prone.

quality
26th April '11, 12:44 PM
Taarabt? There are games in the Championship where he looks pedestrian.

I think Arsenal have a keeper worth sticking with, I won't try and spell his name. Clichy is terrible (I have been saying this for a while now) and has been since he was linked with Madrid a couple years ago. Mainly though, I think its a problem of coaching, which Wenger could easily fix. Defense don't look like they know each other, and Song goes way too far forward leaving you vunerable when you lose the ball.

Samir_NasG
26th April '11, 12:47 PM
Wenger grow some balls man.

Out:

Almunia - shit faggit cunt. Had 9 lifes so lets kill the cat. 10p
Squillaci - unlucky rudeboy your not cut out for the prem. 2m
Clichy - Got love for the nigga but he's fell off. 15m
Denilson - waste of Brazilian DNA. 5m
Rosicky - Fell off. 5m
Bendtner - not a winger. 10m
Vela - fat fajita. Used to be sick but fell off. 5m

In:

Samba - this niggaz exactly what we need for the prem. 10m
Contraeo. 15m
Parker - some bulldog spirit. 10m
Young - 15m
Forlan - 7m

---------------Chesney----------------
--Sagna---Samba----Vermaelen-Contr--
--Nasri--Parker/Wilshere--CF4--Young--
-----------RVP-------Forlan-----------

man like Djourou, Gibbs, Diaby, Wilshere, Arshavin and Theo eating bench we'd be sick.

Parring PumPum
26th April '11, 12:49 PM
Wenger grow some balls man.

Out:

Almunia - shit faggit cunt. Had 9 lifes so lets kill the cat. 10p
Squillaci - unlucky rudeboy your not cut out for the prem. 2m
Clichy - Got love for the nigga but he's fell off. 15m
Denilson - waste of Brazilian DNA. 5m
Rosicky - Fell off. 5m
Bendtner - not a winger. 10m
Vela - fat fajita. Used to be sick but fell off. 5m

In:

Samba - this niggaz exactly what we need for the prem. 10m
Contraeo. 15m
Parker - some bulldog spirit. 10m
Young - 15m
Forlan - 7m

---------------Chesney----------------
--Sagna---Samba----Vermaelen-Contr--
--Nasri--Parker/Wilshere--CF4--Young--
-----------RVP-------Forlan-----------

man like Djourou, Gibbs, Diaby, Wilshere, Arshavin and Theo eating bench we'd be sick.

Lol when you mention the likes of Diaby on the bench and Song gets moved, where exactly?

The Don
26th April '11, 12:51 PM
i'm still of the opinion if arsenal had mikel instead of song they'd be a lot better off

goalkeeper i don't think is really a major issue anymore imo - from what i've seen szczesny is good and fabianski is adequate cover, yeah there was a time where fabianski looked genuinely pathetic but once he got his confidence and a run in the side he played well before his injury

fabregas has looked anonymous this half of the season, van persie looks like he desperately needs another quality striker to compete/play with

signing 1 defender won't change you lots defensive frailties either, about gary cahill smh

i rate him but i rate david luiz who (as someone said here before) would look fucking awful at arsenal

and c/s tony, everyone saying get rid of 8 players lol it doesn't really work like that

Parring PumPum
26th April '11, 01:07 PM
I agree with not needing a 'keeper, I believe Sczesny (sp) is perfect in between the sticks, he commands the back four (although half of them don't listen), he brings confidence to the team and you can see he loves being here. (Emotions of when we lost the CC and when we beat Barca :laugh:)

Agreed, one defender isn't going to settle our defensive fratilities, the only way we're going to solve that issue is if we focus on defence in training, and make sure that all of them work together and understand when to play deep and when to come forward together, that's not going to get solved by simply purchasing one or two players.

I disagree with people saying they don't care if Fabregas goes :laugh:, it's clearly a joke, he's the hub of our team. If Fabregas wasn't there, RVP would only have half the goals he has now. Without either of these we're nothing, we can't simply let Fabregas goes, as much as I love watching Nasri play in the centre, it's inevitable that Fabregas plays it so much better.

As long as we see a clear out of 2, maybe 3 players I'd welcome that. As well as purchasing one or two 'big' signings, rather than 5 youngsters who probably will end up leaving in 5 years time.

Tony Starks
26th April '11, 01:20 PM
This thread is annoying now

Anyone who thinks we're 6 or 7 players away from winning a league we clearly should have won this year is lost.

Samir_NasG
26th April '11, 01:23 PM
Lol when you mention the likes of Diaby on the bench and Song gets moved, where exactly?

He's benched and only plays when we have 3 in mid for the big games.

Genetically Genuine
26th April '11, 02:08 PM
Bring back Keown as our defence coach!

A new assistant who is not a 'yes' man as Pat Rice seems to be, someone with balls and a genuine ability to galvanise the players and spot Arsene's faults.

Go back to our fast tempo which used to see us rape teams on the counter, in order for this to be done we need direct, fast wingers like Ashley Young. Tell them to stop cutting in and playing like wide attacking midfielders - that shit gets annoying.

Agree totally with Tony that we are not far off, we just need the above mentioned to change. Also I would like to see a partnership of RVP and Theo tried out in pre-season or maybe in one game this season. With Cesc likely to leave in summer a possible midfield of Song and Wilshere with RVP playing the no.10 role (where he was merking on Sunday against Bolton when Chamakh came on) I think could work.

26th April '11, 02:18 PM
ol tite nas g... man knows we need a winger...

Samir_NasG
26th April '11, 02:21 PM
ol tite nas g... man knows we need a winger...

yo imagine Overmars in this team...

Naruto
26th April '11, 02:27 PM
Wait 1 more season but if he doesn't cut the dead weight (Squillaci, Rosicky, DENILSON etc) in the summer, and doesn't start spending then he has to go imo.

I don't mean going and spending big 30 mill but spending 10-15 mill for a much needed prolific striker to partner with Van Persie or take his place when he's injured for 3/4 of the season. I also think he has to bring in a few 3-5 mill players in other key positions i.e. left back, left wing etc to challenge our complacent players who have regular first team positions regardless of the performance they put in.

Anyone who says we need a goalkeeper is chatting shit. Szcezny for his age is great, and will only continue to get better. Anyone who watches him and keeps up with him can see his passion for the club is second to none and he puts in 100% every game. We have a few defensive faculties but I think Vermalen brings out the best in Koscielny, and once he's back with Djorou on the bench Koscielny will work much harder to up his game imo. Clichy is a problem which needs sorting out though.

I also wouldn't mind if Cesc left tbh, but I would have liked to see him lift up the PL or even CL first. But if he has to go then I'd rather get a good 50 mill for him, Wilshere and Nasri in the centre, Walcott on the right in a 4-4-2 and use the money to get a left winger to challenge Arshavin for his position, as well as a prolific striker to partner Van Persie/have someone who can actually score goals when he's injured.

You see the Arsenal board, will they provide transfer money if he asks for it?

Yeah. He already mentioned in an interview that he's not sure exactly how the clubs financial position is but it is healthy, and if needs be he can spend big in the summer.

That's one mistake he made. He had Messi in his back pocket in the first leg, especially during the second half. I've said before that he can perform very well on occasion, but he needs to do it regularly in every game against the likes of stoke, west brom etc, and I think Vermalen does and will bring the best out of him next season, and with Djourou on the bench he will have to up his game to keep his starting position so I fully expect him to be even better next season.

26th April '11, 02:33 PM
kebab knows wag1? aswell ^^^

yo imagine Overmars in this team...

mudting!! fam.

Samir_NasG
26th April '11, 02:37 PM
Real spit Hackney we gotta keep Cesc though. Sell all the shit ballers for 30 - 40 mil and reinvest that into showing Cesc we can compete. What striker do you think we should go for? an you backing 4-4-2?

I want Forlan here and Theo playing striker. Chamakh 4th choice.

GoodFella
26th April '11, 03:23 PM
your not serious about forlan are you, he'll give you what maybe one good season? and will just push Bendtner even more out when its clear he can become a class striker if hes played week in week out imo.

when did Clichy fall off too, damn. I swear Wenger spent around 15 million on the two new shit cbs though? Could of got Bruno Alves or maybe a bit more Pepe who has said he wants to play in the premiership, I do think Cahill will be a good choice but will wenger spend big on a british player again? No doubt next season really is gonna be a top 7 or 8 and Arsene could be slippin down tbh.

Genetically Genuine
26th April '11, 04:29 PM
Koscielny is a very good defender when the ball is on the floor, he is ideally suited to continental football (bar maybe Germany). The PL requires defenders who are good in the air as well and that is where he is found out.

Ari Gold
26th April '11, 04:54 PM
i do think maybe wenger has run his course, but after all he has done i would hate to see him go on a bad note. i think one more season. give him the summer to rectify the undeniable problems and if we still dont win shit next year then he has to go.

Cazorla
26th April '11, 05:01 PM
Who would you lot like to see replace Pat Rice when he leaves at the end of the season?

talkingthehardest
26th April '11, 05:06 PM
Either Andre Boas or Gus Poyet.

Naruto
26th April '11, 05:19 PM
Real spit Hackney we gotta keep Cesc though. Sell all the shit ballers for 30 - 40 mil and reinvest that into showing Cesc we can compete. What striker do you think we should go for? an you backing 4-4-2?

I want Forlan here and Theo playing striker. Chamakh 4th choice.

I'm backing 4-4-2 cos I think traditionally we were always better when we had Pires/Ljunberg on the wings and Henry n Bergkamp upfront, and I think we play too much pass pass stylish football with no end result.

Walcott on the right for 1-2 more seasons till he can become a striker eventually, but till then I think Van Persie should be upfront and we need to buy a prolific striker like Aguero/Bent/Sturridge/Benzema but someone more realistic. I think Wenger's philosophy of bringing in someone like Chamakh or tryna transform Bendtner/Denilson into world class players is out-dated and in this day n age when the game is at such high levels it isn't gonna happen..

You've got a very good point about Cesc though and I guess I agree, but if he does want to leave then I think we should definitely get our money's worth and invest it in other key areas. Nasri does a lot better in Cesc's position than on the wing, so I think he'd do good with Wilshere alongside him in the centre, and Ramsey when either are injured/on the bench. Healthy competition with proper options rather than an emergency bench where we only have subs for when someone gets injured in the game...I always dread seeing the likes of Cesc or Nasri on the floor because I don't want to see Denilson or Diaby getting a full time position whilst either is out injured...big liabilities imo. On the other hand, I'd still be pissed but I'd feel a lot more optimistic and comfortable if Ramsey had to take Wilshere's position or something.

Edit: Keown for defensive coach :-D

Switch
26th April '11, 05:44 PM
"If we do not deliver in one or two years I will be responsible. It is the most important moment in the life of this club" - Arsene Wenger, 16 May 2009.someone should bring that up in an interview just to see how he back tracks

Bring back Keown as our defence coach!

A new assistant who is not a 'yes' man as Pat Rice seems to be, someone with balls and a genuine ability to galvanise the players and spot Arsene's faults.

Go back to our fast tempo which used to see us rape teams on the counter, in order for this to be done we need direct, fast wingers like Ashley Young. Tell them to stop cutting in and playing like wide attacking midfielders - that shit gets annoying.

Agree totally with Tony that we are not far off, we just need the above mentioned to change. Also I would like to see a partnership of RVP and Theo tried out in pre-season or maybe in one game this season. With Cesc likely to leave in summer a possible midfield of Song and Wilshere with RVP playing the no.10 role (where he was merking on Sunday against Bolton when Chamakh came on) I think could work.agreed, never understood why we let keown go after doing such a brilliant job with that defence.

hopefully pat rice does leave, no offence to him but he doesn't seem to do much in the way of actually challenging wenger decisions

kind of agree with on going back to our fast pace game but we still do that but just dont utilise it that much, the players need to learn that passing the ball about is all well and good but teams just basically stand there and we struggle to break them down and when we do use a fast paced counter it creates better opportunities, a solid mixture of the 2 would suffice against any team providing we have the adequate players, concentration and tactics.

Clive Eboue
26th April '11, 05:56 PM
Pat Rice is a fucking disgusting lesbian.

Cazorla
26th April '11, 05:59 PM
Pat Rice stated he would retire, Wenger tried to cnovince him otherwise so he said he'd make a decision at the end of the season.

If the cunt decides to stay<<<<<<<

26th April '11, 06:00 PM
Pat Rice is a fucking disgusting lesbian.

he's a yes man aswell.

Zoffie
26th April '11, 06:07 PM
lol! @TheDon... If Arsenal had Mikel & Cesc their Midfield will be a problem!
Hmmm

The big problem for Arsenal is Chelsea, City, United & Liverpool.. Arsenal get better season after season, but, they take baby steps, the type of baby steps that mean Liverpool can buy 3 or 4 banging players & leap ahead of them.

Chelsea are going to bring in Neymar & then try for Gregory vdWiel, & Perhaps Sahin at the very least.
Liverpool "could" bring in a whole team of players..
Even worse for Arsenal.. The players they are bringing in are well thought out...Dalglish has already beat United, CFC & City, everything looks positive now..

United are at their best when Rooney is at his best. He stuttered this season, United stuttered, last season Rooney was banging in all the goals, this season...
Nani stepped up, Hernandez stepped up, Berbatov stepped up..

If Rooney has a banging season & they still get goals elsewhere.. Jeeez.

City will spend for spending sakes, they are a club that is also getting better season after season, but, only small steps.

Spurs I don't know....

But, the baby steps Arsenal usually take needs to change, they need bigger steps forward.

Clive Eboue
26th April '11, 06:09 PM
Zoffie you play football manager too much how can you say Chelsea will definitely bring in Neymar, van der Wiel and Sahin AT LEAST when they have just splashed out 75mil? Stop gassing.

Zoffie
26th April '11, 06:14 PM
Whatever.. I don't play that game.

We'll see if I am wrong about Neymar lol.. I won't be.. The other 2 it's not certain, but, if we don't get them, we will get others in their positions. The main point is.. CFC will spend money & change things.. to at least try to address problems...

Sometimes it seems Wenger just ignores them.. or ALWAYS tries to pull a rabbit out of the hat

Xtra P
26th April '11, 06:15 PM
Losing cesc will be a blow, no one else in the team can do what he does to the same level.

If/when he leaves, we'll feel it trust. Unless Ramsey seriously steps up.

Clive Eboue
26th April '11, 06:18 PM
Zoffie do you have major connections with the club? Serious question. I'm only asking because you seem to come out with all this stuff like it's a dead cert, I'll put 2 bags on Chelsea not getting those players you mentioned.

Zoffie
26th April '11, 06:24 PM
I trust my sources. Sahin could end up at Madrid or Inter, Chelsea want him, but, it's really up to him. vd Wiel is closer to Bayern than Chelsea but, we want him & if not him we'll get another RB (dunno why tho)

Neymar deal has been done for a month or so and will be announced in the close season.
I'm confident, but, you can never be 100% until it's officially announced.
Was almost here last season.

For all the times ppl have said I've been bullshitting here, you can't look back at what I've said and say I've been wrong the majority of the time.

Bish
26th April '11, 07:23 PM
only reason i dont want cesc to leave is that he cannot be replaced

Edit: sorry i said cannot when i meant will not

Clive Eboue
26th April '11, 07:26 PM
only reason i dont want cesc to leave is that he cannot be replaced

Edit: sorry i said cannot when i meant will not

Gas.

Edit: just saw your edit lol

Xtra P
26th April '11, 07:31 PM
If Cesc leaves, we're fucked unless we bring in someone of similar quality.

Switch
26th April '11, 07:48 PM
Pat Rice stated he would retire, Wenger tried to cnovince him otherwise so he said he'd make a decision at the end of the season.

If the cunt decides to stay<<<<<<<:laugh: he better go, he does very little if anything at all

Cazorla
26th April '11, 08:03 PM
If Vieira retires at the end of the season, he'd be a candidate for the assistant role.

Equilibrium
26th April '11, 09:16 PM
arsenal fear change and taking risks. it would be a ballsy move if they were to get rid of him in the summer and it could be the best decision for them to make.

Crawla III.
26th April '11, 10:18 PM
Hope we can get Keown in as a coach.

Also his actual punditry & opinion about the game>>>>>

Naruto
26th April '11, 11:57 PM
Nasri does a very good job in the centre though...much better than he does on the wing.

I LOVE GRIME
27th April '11, 02:01 AM
arsene should do a few things bring back legends in coaching roles to give guidance to the youngsters and also add some experience to key positions and clear out the dead wood, in all honesty there is no problem with wenger arsenal have played better than united for the majority of the season they just have not had the luck when it has being needed and the new defensive signings aint settled very well but it will change for arsenal eventually

u cunts think im serious looooooooooool watch on sunday when ji song murk ya clart on the park runs wild and fucks shit up, sell the whole squad and keep djorou, sagna, wilshire,persie and nasri the rest of the team aint cutting it sorry

Naruto
27th April '11, 02:14 AM
ILG is lost seriously lol

I LOVE GRIME
27th April '11, 02:17 AM
ILG is lost seriously lol

arsene is lost u mean i hear u fam real spit cuzzy

Naruto
27th April '11, 02:30 AM
lool.

i really hope ferguson leaves, van der sar/giggs/scholes retires, ferdinand dies out, berbatov or rooney loses form n united fucks up big time.

it's bound to happen sooner or later

I LOVE GRIME
27th April '11, 02:40 AM
lool.

i really hope ferguson leaves, van der sar/giggs/scholes retires, ferdinand dies out, berbatov or rooney loses form n united fucks up big time.

it's bound to happen sooner or later

fergie is a genius the replacement will be that guy i assure you, van der star will be replaced we never though schmichael could be and he was, giggs will be missed but king eric was replaced so..... also giggs will stay and coach so the new wave will have his killer instincts same with scholes, smalling is ready now so ferdinand can play in selected games, rooney and berbs can loose form that guy hernandez is on dis ting, macheda, welbeck and some next kid in the reserves cuz we are getting silver dont watch us watch wenger fam watch wenger cos my dons are on dis ting:evilgrin:

Naruto
27th April '11, 03:48 AM
looool on a young gas out yeah.

sn if the right changes are done in the summer then arsenal will do the double next season :evilgrin:

I LOVE GRIME
27th April '11, 04:14 AM
looool on a young gas out yeah.

sn if the right changes are done in the summer then arsenal will do the double next season :evilgrin:

Capri Sun
27th April '11, 06:20 AM
Arsene has been using this "they are only kids" line for way too long after consistently selling your best mature players. You lot seem to peak about 2-3 months too early which instigates the title hunt claims and that but then you bottle it before the end. The team definitely has potential but Wenger needs to reinforce the ambition by spending to keep players like Fabregas and Van Persie interested in Arsenal.

daspecimen
27th April '11, 08:39 AM
Will make a proper post later but quick thoughts;

My understanding is Keown left because he was upsetting the players and they weren't really listening. Ashley Cole spoke about an incident with Senderos in his book.

I read/heard an interest comment recently about how if you take a club like Liverpool they have Camolli to look after the bulk of transfer dealings, Steve Clarke runs the drills on the field and Kenny just oversees. In comparison to Arsenal where Wenger has a hand in all the pies, particularly the transfers since Dein left.

I always thought Rice was a yes man until someome pointed out some advice he was bellowing at Walcott before his goal at Spurs, which lead to him being in position to score. Also, it's worth noting that there was also a story released ages ago about how when Wenger first turned up Rice took a half time team talk and absolutely ripped into them F'in and blinding and Wenger told him that's not how he wants things done so in essence his hands might be tied slightly.

Biggavell.
27th April '11, 09:56 AM
Not even an arsenal fan but I think he should stay. He just needs a few more adjustments tbh. If he don't win a trophy in 2 years then it's time to go. He's a legend doe, it would be crazy without him in the premiership.

The Messiah
27th April '11, 10:08 AM
My understanding is Keown left because he was upsetting the players and they weren't really listening. Ashley Cole spoke about an incident with Senderos in his book.

FFS, that's what they need. Whether they like it or not.

I read/heard an interest comment recently about how if you take a club like Liverpool they have Camolli to look after the bulk of transfer dealings, Steve Clarke runs the drills on the field and Kenny just oversees. In comparison to Arsenal where Wenger has a hand in all the pies, particularly the transfers since Dein left.

A few of us have said the same, the team around Wenger needs to lighten his load.

Genetically Genuine
27th April '11, 12:41 PM
I heard somewhere as well that there is minimal time spent on Defensive work in training, basically their training is nearly completely geared towards attacking drills and matches. It was a reliable source as well I can't remember who it was that said it.

Switch
27th April '11, 12:56 PM
arsenal fear change and taking risks. it would be a ballsy move if they were to get rid of him in the summer and it could be the best decision for them to make.one of the biggest risks was actually appointing him as manager despite being french and coming from the J league.

we won't fire him and he won't quit, changes will be made when his contract is up and he decides to leave but he will in all likely have a hand in picking the replacement.

I heard somewhere as well that there is minimal time spent on Defensive work in training, basically their training is nearly completely geared towards attacking drills and matches. It was a reliable source as well I can't remember who it was that said it.I can remember hearing something like this and it explains a lot tbh. this is why he needs fresh backroom staff

Papinades_
27th April '11, 12:57 PM
He needs to go, he's lost it.

He doesn't have a winning mentality, and he's just so deluded these days it's sad to see.

Genetically Genuine
27th April '11, 01:01 PM
He won't get sacked unless we finish outside of top 4 I reckon, but hopefully the penny has dropped for him and he realises his current crop and tactics are not as great as he thinks.

27th April '11, 01:16 PM
his tactics have been swag from day, the way we will lose to United this weekend <<< lol... :(

The Don
27th April '11, 11:39 PM
i'm actually gonna back arsenal to the point where i will look like a die hard gooner this weekend

but it's just not gonna happen is it

the arsenal players just seem like they don't wanna wake up on match days right now lol

Clive Eboue
28th April '11, 12:00 AM
Now that we have nothing to play for we will win watch.

Mr. Jefferies
28th April '11, 12:22 AM
Think Arsenal will win. My prediction back in February before the CC final (I think, or might have been just after) was that Arsenal would go on a run and leapfrog United, beating them at the Emirates but ultimately bottling it at the end allowing United to claim number 19.

Arsenal's self-destruction exceeded even my expectations. It has been truly wonderful.

Clive Eboue
28th April '11, 12:25 AM
Fuck off and die cunt cunt.

Flawless
28th April '11, 12:56 AM
Now that we have nothing to play for we will win watch.

Don't really matter tbh, the league is pretty much done & dusted

Clive Eboue
28th April '11, 01:06 AM
"Now that we have nothing to play for"

Flawless
28th April '11, 01:08 AM
"Now that we have nothing to play for"

Forgot to add in "the result dont really ...." my bad

Xtra P
28th April '11, 06:23 AM
The result matters for Chelski.