PDA

View Full Version : Preston Relegated and Scunny and Sheffield Utd all but gone.

Nigel
25th April '11, 05:31 PM
After todays Championship results, Preston North End have been the first team to be relegated, with Sheffield United and Scunthorpe's fate all but sealed apart from minor miricles.

With two games to go and the bottom of the championship looking like so -

20 Crystal Palace 44 -22 47
21 Doncaster 44 -23 47
22 Sheff Utd 44 -31 41
23 Scunthorpe 44 -40 41
24 Preston 44 -26 39
It will take 2 huge wins on United and Scunthorpes behalves, and large losses for Doncaster or Palace for them to even stand a chance on goal difference.

Looking at this, it shows a huge change of fate for United and Sheffield football as a whole, with United and Wednesday both having cataclysmic falls from premiership football, down to the 3rd tier of English football.

These teams join other fallen sides such as Charlton, Southhampton, Mk Dons/Wimbledon, Bradford, Norwich, Leeds and Leicster who have all graced this league within 10 years of playing in the Premier League.

That said, the possibilities of Brighton vs Palace and Southampton vs Pompey offer up so great derby fixtures for South East football fans.

M.O.G.
25th April '11, 05:37 PM
Knew Preston and Scunthorpe would struggle this season, very surprised by Sheff Utd tho, I had them down for a play-off place

Jackson
27th April '11, 10:19 AM
Very confident that we are safe now.

Palace Vs Brighton>>>>>

Milford Cubicle
27th April '11, 11:50 AM
Hope Donny go down

NSF
27th April '11, 11:57 AM
Hope Donny go down
Looks like Leeds are fucked for promotion this season, they've been playing like shit the past few months.

Milford Cubicle
27th April '11, 01:44 PM
Looks like Leeds are fucked for promotion this season, they've been playing like shit the past few months.

You can say that again mate. Bottled it like we do season after season other than last year obviously. It's Grayson's fault as much as anyone's. Playing Paynter when we need goals and playing Livermoore and Kilkenny over Bannan, need to field our strongest XI at this stage especially.

I LOVE GRIME
27th April '11, 04:21 PM
Very confident that we are safe now.

Palace Vs Brighton>>>>>

eaglessssssssssss seagulllllllllllllllllllls :laugh:

Arkan
27th April '11, 04:31 PM
Palarse vs the MIGHTY Brighton will be a madness. Will def have to try and get tickets for home and away.
Promotion to premiership within two seasons trust me.

NSF
27th April '11, 05:03 PM
You can say that again mate. Bottled it like we do season after season other than last year obviously. It's Grayson's fault as much as anyone's. Playing Paynter when we need goals and playing Livermoore and Kilkenny over Bannan, need to field our strongest XI at this stage especially.

I don't understand why he keeps playing Paynter as much as he does, he's shit. Same with Livermore, why start experimenting with line-ups when we've gotta win games to stay in the play-offs, such a joke.

arsenal
27th April '11, 05:37 PM
eaglessssssssssss seagulllllllllllllllllllls :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nigel
27th April '11, 05:58 PM
Palarse vs the MIGHTY Brighton will be a madness. Will def have to try and get tickets for home and away.
Promotion to premiership within two seasons trust me.

Lol, the mighty yo-yo team Brighton. It happens every 4 or so years, you get hyped up that your gonna clean the leagues after winning Div 2 then u get to the Chamionship and u spend the whole season at the bottom of the table, like Place have this year :/.

Still, will be a sick game none the less, even if Brighton fans are all homos :-D

Arkan
27th April '11, 11:35 PM
Lol, the mighty yo-yo team Brighton. It happens every 4 or so years, you get hyped up that your gonna clean the leagues after winning Div 2 then u get to the Chamionship and u spend the whole season at the bottom of the table, like Place have this year :/.

Still, will be a sick game none the less, even if Brighton fans are all homos :-D

previously i would of agreed with you.

But with just a couple of more players brought in. A better striker to partner Murray, maybe a better goalie, Lua Lua on a permanent deal and cover at the back we have a very good chance to get to playoffs i think next season.
Personally our Midfield is as good if not better than most in the Championship, even now.
Good manager. Nice style of play. And a chairman who is not scared to invest in players (he is a pro poker player, so likes a gamble) who is also very rich. Things are looking up after 15 years of turmoil.