PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to support two football teams?

Naruto
22nd April '11, 11:14 PM
I was speaking to my next door neighbour yesterday (united fan) and he was telling me how he wanted Tottenham to win cos he grew up supporting them (his dad was a spurs fan) and he cheers on both teams.

So I asked him who does he support when they play each other and he said he hopes for a draw :laugh:

So is it possible to support two teams?

inb4 someone supports Arsenal AND Tottenham :laugh::dead:

Jimmy Conway
22nd April '11, 11:19 PM
Of course, is it possible to support two sons that are on two different soccer teams that play each other?

Flawless
22nd April '11, 11:32 PM
It is possible to support two teams but u aint a real supporter of any of them

Its like when i hear people say i support both Utd & City cos there both from Manchester its an absolute nonsense

chris89
22nd April '11, 11:33 PM
Don't think it's possible tbh

quality
22nd April '11, 11:45 PM
No.

Sosa
22nd April '11, 11:58 PM
you can do what you want just depends whether you care what people think

im an arsenal fan but i follow palace as theyre ground is a stones throw from my yard

i also go a soft spot for the hammers aswell

come at me bro

Josh
23rd April '11, 12:26 AM
You're a joke of a fan if you support two teams.

I can understand wanting other clubs to do well... I like to see Arsenal do well but actually support another team? Fuck off.

Shanger
23rd April '11, 12:32 AM
l0l knew a **** who supported arsenal but his 2nd team was spurs

Naruto
23rd April '11, 12:33 AM

:laugh::laugh:

Scrappy123
23rd April '11, 12:48 AM
The number of times i have heard "why support fulham? you might aswell support Arsenal/United aswell as a 2nd team..."

Not possible tbh.

Mazer Rackham
23rd April '11, 12:52 AM
The number of times i have heard "why support fulham? you might aswell support Arsenal/United aswell as a 2nd team..."

Not possible tbh.

tho i want sunderland to do well, but not at fulhams expense, and only up until they dont have ghanaian players anymore.

MyLord
23rd April '11, 01:23 AM

Its like when i hear people say i support both Utd & City cos there both from Manchester its an absolute nonsense
this

People who support more than one team are not die hard fans. These are the people who don't follow their teams or know much about them but cheer them on when they play.
But, me personally, I think you can but not equally.

Eric Cantona
23rd April '11, 01:42 AM
No.

Alfie
23rd April '11, 01:45 AM
nope

however, i always look out for leyton orient and hope they do well... not really supporting as i dont care when they lose

23rd April '11, 02:18 AM
no.

but some people move to a different area and support their new local team.

Mr. Jefferies
23rd April '11, 02:53 AM
It's not really possible. United are my first love.

I have a soft spot for Birmingham City but only because I despise Villa so much and because they are in Villa's shadow. When they won the Carling Cup it actually warmed my heart. But I don't really give a shit.

Capri Sun
23rd April '11, 03:45 AM
United through and through but I got a soft spot (no homes) for certain other teams and if they aren't playing United then I want to see them do well.

Clive Eboue
23rd April '11, 04:11 AM

Exactly why Asians should stick to cricket tbh n/s.

I support Sheffield Wednesday as well because of my fam but obviously it's Arsenal over everyone. When I was 6/7 my Grandad used to make me go to football training wearing some yellow and purple Wednesday kit :sad::dead:

Revz
23rd April '11, 04:47 AM
Bruce Forsyth supports Arsenal and Spurs.

It's more of an older thing, due to the fact people football wasn't televised as much so they went to, say, Old Trafford one week and Maine Road the other week.

Zoffie
23rd April '11, 08:28 AM
Chelsea & Nigeria!

No.. I follow loads of teams but only fully support one club side. When we were kids my brother who supports Villa followed Birmingham as they were from the same City & they were in the lower leagues, they were no threat to Villa. He actually wanted them in the EPL, for the Derby.. They came up.. They beat Villa. He hates them.

I watched a lot of International football & I'd have a team in each league. Milan, Valencia, Sporting, Auxerre, River, Santos, Ajax & Dortmund... They all played kriss football.

Switch
23rd April '11, 10:23 AM
l0l knew a **** who supported arsenal but his 2nd team was spurs:laugh:

Its like when i hear people say i support both Utd & City cos there both from Manchester its an absolute nonsense:laugh:

Pirate
23rd April '11, 12:45 PM
But, me personally, I think you can but not equally.

no.

but some people move to a different area and support their new local team.

This.
I'm a Newcastle fan and go to as many games as possible, but live in Wigan so go to Wigan matches with mates. (As long as they aren't against Newcastle) I'll cheer them on. But I don't care if Wigan lose, just a bit happier if they win (= cheaper PL tickets and a chance to watch more football).

M.O.G.
23rd April '11, 01:16 PM
Nope, fully a Liverpool supporter but i always want Leyton Orient to do well, check their results, league placing etc just for being the local club.

Inb4Gloryhunterwherei'llrespondwithwhatglory?

Billy Sharp
23rd April '11, 01:17 PM
your local team & your country

Matt91
23rd April '11, 01:19 PM
Just Spurs for me but I check for Leyton Orient and Southend results not bothered if they lose but yeah u can't properly support 2 teams

Milford Cubicle
23rd April '11, 01:27 PM
I support Leeds and always have done and will do till the day I die, never even considered supporting anybody else. My uncle (no Akash) used to take me to watch Rovers when they were in the old Conference but I never cared for them, I fucking hate them now mind.
Suppose I've got a soft spot for Barnsley with me having family there.

quality
23rd April '11, 01:59 PM
Although technically I'll be supporting anyone playing City for the rest of the season.

Hutch
23rd April '11, 05:17 PM
You're a joke of a fan if you support two teams

This.

Jay
23rd April '11, 06:28 PM
Im albion through and through, but ive followed barcelona since i was a kid. Theres no conflict of interest with the two, but if they were ever to play then im an albion fan first and foremost.

Also fuck international football.

Grimes
23rd April '11, 06:57 PM
liverpool fan but as a yute i wanted to be an arsenal fan but my brother said nah thats my team pick another one

i wont say i'm arsenal fan but i'm definitely more interested in arsenal's game than i am the other london teams

Burden Durden
23rd April '11, 07:05 PM
I support chelsea, qpr and brentford.

GoodFella
23rd April '11, 07:14 PM
liverpool fan but as a yute i wanted to be an arsenal fan but my brother said nah thats my team pick another one

i wont say i'm arsenal fan but i'm definitely more interested in arsenal's game than i am the other london teams

lol

im a fan of alot of teams but obv its the passion in you for your team that wont let you show it for another

Grizzly
23rd April '11, 07:56 PM
i'm a birmingham fan first and only but follow tamworth because of living here and i also tend to look out for the walsall scores.

Hutch
23rd April '11, 09:04 PM
I support chelsea, qpr and brentford.

How is that possible lol.. We (chelsea) hate QPR and QPR hate us.
I'm guessing it's a family thing?

Burden Durden
24th April '11, 12:21 AM
I support chelsea but i played for qpr when i was younger so i still support them.

Matt91
24th April '11, 12:38 AM
lol

Samir_NasG
24th April '11, 09:47 AM
I support Arsenal and Arsenal Reserves fuck anything else.

24th April '11, 12:19 PM

:laugh::laugh:

Tommy
24th April '11, 01:03 PM
I only support one side, but my family's originally from Notts, so I look out for both Forest and County.

Kartel
24th April '11, 02:28 PM
It's not really possible. United are my first love.

I have a soft spot for Birmingham City but only because I despise Villa so much and because they are in Villa's shadow. When they won the Carling Cup it actually warmed my heart. But I don't really give a shit.

BigD
24th April '11, 06:39 PM
Dont think it is possible to support 2 teams but i Support Utd and Follow QPR if that makes any sense

Julio Cesar
24th April '11, 08:18 PM
Would never change team, even for a million pound. Now we're close to promotion, got people who support arsenal, man utd and chelsea asking me to sort them out with tickets for next season because they want to go watch qpr when they dont even go watch their team. Know man utd + liverpool fans who are season ticket holders at fulham.