PDA

View Full Version : Transfer budgets?

JACK
24th June '08, 01:27 PM
has these been announced or estimated in the premiership yet?

edit - fack it, forgot bout the sport section lol, move it please

The Messiah
24th June '08, 01:41 PM
No club publishes their transfer budget. All we know is hearsay.

Chelsea have unlimited as per usual.
Liverpool have a lot less than they did last summer (Around 15-20 million is what I've heard), and must sell before they buy anyone huge.
United - No-one knows
Arsenal - have approximately 30 million plus any funds from sold players.

Grimes
24th June '08, 01:48 PM
united supposedly have a tight balance as well

Xtra P
24th June '08, 02:24 PM
Tottinshite seem to have unlimited P but no top players want to join them PAR

lol

Jae Dave
24th June '08, 03:08 PM
Tottinshite seem to have unlimited P but no top players want to join them PAR

lol

and Modric and Giovani aint top players then? [there 2 of he best talents in world football]

RIP Jakey
24th June '08, 03:46 PM
and Modric and Giovani aint top players then? [there 2 of he best talents in world football]

If Giovanni was that good he'd still be at Barcelona.

Xtra P
24th June '08, 03:52 PM

Ill give you Modric, but how can you call Giovani a top player? What has he done pray tell?

Eric Cantona
24th June '08, 03:59 PM
Barcelona are that good they don't need him.

If Arsenal had signed him i'm sure he would be called a 'top player' by your fans

RIP Jakey
24th June '08, 04:02 PM
tbh I haven't seen him play, but if he was that good would not have gone to a top club?

Xtra P
24th June '08, 04:03 PM

If Arsenal had signed him i'm sure he would be called a 'top player' by your fans

Yea yea, just show me how he's a top player, what has he achieved??

Top Lad
24th June '08, 04:04 PM
Loads of Barca fans i know say hes overrated, nothing on Bojan

Modric however >>

Wish he went to any other club besides the spuds.

Xtra P
24th June '08, 04:07 PM
From what ive seen of Giovani, he's nothin special at all & I think he will be a failure in the prem!

Memba I told you yeah!!!

Anonymous
24th June '08, 04:16 PM
Most Arsenal fans havent seen alot of Nasri and He hasnt done anything notable yet I've heard him being called a "Fantastic little player" etc. by your fans?

Eric Cantona
24th June '08, 04:23 PM
What has Nasri done?, from what i've seen of Nasri he's nothing special as well...

....Oh wait, he's young and has massive potenial, Just like Gio :shy:

Xtra P
24th June '08, 04:23 PM
Most Arsenal fans havent seen alot of Nasri and He hasnt done anything notable yet I've heard him being called a "Fantastic little player" etc. by your fans?

I can only speak for myself & I have never called Nasri a top player & tbh I hav'nt seen any Arsenal fans on here refere to him as a top player either!

Nice try but you phail!

Xtra P
24th June '08, 04:25 PM
What has Nasri done?, from what i've seen of Nasri he's nothing special as well...

....Oh wait, he's young and has massive potenial, Just like Gio :shy:

SMH@you

Who said Nasri was a top player??

If I said it feel free to quote me!

RIP Jakey
24th June '08, 04:33 PM

I agree I haven't seen much of Nasri, the reason I'm excited is that Wenger has been willing to splash the cash on him and he doesn't do that often. Also hearing from people who have seen him play I haven't heard a bad word said. I do agree he has to prove himself.

Xtra P
24th June '08, 04:33 PM

LMAO

They can't be that good, Madrid won la liga at a canter & if Gio was really that good they would not have let him go TRUST!

Would they let Messi go??

Think about it!

Anonymous
24th June '08, 04:40 PM
I can only speak for myself & I have never called Nasri a top player & tbh I hav'nt seen any Arsenal fans on here refere to him as a top player either!

Nice try but you phail!

I said I "Heard". As in with my ears. Obviously didnt mean I'd seen it on here but some of the gooners on here do act like he is at Zidanes level already or some shit like hes a game changer.

Eric Cantona
24th June '08, 04:43 PM
Exactly, Gio ain't going to be able to replace Messi in the team becasue Messi is that good.

They also have Bojan so there was no point in Gio staying.

Fabregas, Pique & Quaresma are all quality players, why did they let them go?

Xtra P
24th June '08, 04:45 PM
I said I "Heard". As in with my ears. Obviously didnt mean I'd seen it on here but some of the gooners on here do act like he is at Zidanes level already or some shit like hes a game changer.

Thats what people in france said about him long before we even knew about him, it wasnt the arsenal fans sayin that, we havnt seen him play enough, stop tryin to pin shit on the arsenal fans!

Top Lad
24th June '08, 04:58 PM
Exactly, Gio ain't going to be able to replace Messi in the team becasue Messi is that good.

They also have Bojan so there was no point in Gio staying.

Fabregas, Pique & Quaresma are all quality players, why did they let them go?

Nobody accept Arsene rated Fabregas.

Just becuase Gio is good on FM08, doesnt mean he is in real life. Do you actually follow him and how he plays every match, becuase if you did you would admit he is way overrated.

Eric Cantona
24th June '08, 05:37 PM
Nobody accept Arsene rated Fabregas.

Just becuase Gio is good on FM08, doesnt mean he is in real life. Do you actually follow him and how he plays every match, becuase if you did you would admit he is way overrated.

I'm sure your correct.

I don't follow Gio's career but it amazes me how when Spurs sign a really good talent he's deemed as overated by Arsenal fans.

Xtra P
24th June '08, 05:43 PM
I'm sure your correct.

I don't follow Gio's career but it amazes me how when Spurs sign a really good talent he's deemed as overated by Arsenal fans.

Thats because Spurs tend to pay over the odds for average players!

Didnt we say Modric was a good buy??

Get a grip man!

Grimes
24th June '08, 05:50 PM
giovanni is actually sick

Xtra P
24th June '08, 06:09 PM
^^Any evidence to support this notion???

Grimes
24th June '08, 06:22 PM
youtube is you

Grimes
24th June '08, 06:23 PM
tottenham are actually scarey

Xtra P
24th June '08, 06:36 PM
youtube is you

Already been to youtube & im not impressed tbh!

Still overated IMO

Top Lad
24th June '08, 06:43 PM
Almunia could look like the best goalkeeper in the world on youtube.

Xtra P
24th June '08, 06:44 PM
Almunia could look like the best goalkeeper in the world on youtube.

Exactly!!

Its cut & edited to make players look like world beaters but it struggled to make Gio look all that good lol

Imagine that!!

At least he's sorrounded by similar level players tho, he was out of his depth at Barca!

Eric Cantona
24th June '08, 06:47 PM
Arsenal fans, so bitter....

'nuum general
24th June '08, 06:48 PM
isn't he only 18? give him 3-4 years then see what he develops into

Xtra P
24th June '08, 06:48 PM
Arsenal fans, so bitter....

No!

We just speak truth, somethin manure fans have trouble with.

Xtra P
24th June '08, 06:49 PM
isn't he only 18? give him 3-4 years then see what he develops into

Thats fair but allow callin him a top player at this point!

Eric Cantona
24th June '08, 06:50 PM
If you Arsenal fans spoke the truth Arsenal would of won the treble this season

Xtra P
24th June '08, 06:54 PM
If you Arsenal fans spoke the truth Arsenal would of won the treble this season

Instead of makin throw away comments why don't you try makin a valid point that can be discussed!

Explain what you mean by your statement & provide facts!

Grimes
24th June '08, 06:56 PM
minor when/if arsenal come 5th this season they will know

Eric Cantona
24th June '08, 06:56 PM
I don't need to, we'll just have to wait and see if Gio is any good won't we.

Grimes
24th June '08, 06:58 PM
this season will be shakey, i predict chelsea or liverpool winning it

Xtra P
24th June '08, 07:00 PM
minor when/if arsenal come 5th this season they will know

You was proberly sayin that last season, I bet you was one of those people sayin Spurs would finish above Arsenal last season!

Xtra P
24th June '08, 07:01 PM
I don't need to, we'll just have to wait and see if Gio is any good won't we.

How long you gonna give him, are we gonna refere back to this thread in 2 years??

smh

Top Lad
24th June '08, 07:08 PM
this season will be shakey, i predict chelsea or liverpool winning it

lmao

Eric Cantona
24th June '08, 07:18 PM
How long you gonna give him, are we gonna refere back to this thread in 2 years??

smh

Well he's 18/19, he has time to justify his 4.7 Million price tag.

I can't see your problem, he's a good prospect, good player who has a massive potential.

If Man Utd signed him id be buzzing.

Xtra P
24th June '08, 07:30 PM
Well he's 18/19, he has time to justify his 4.7 Million price tag.

I can't see your problem, he's a good prospect, good player who has a massive potential.

If Man Utd signed him id be buzzing.

If you scroll back you will see that my problem was with people sayin that Gio was a top player, thats all!

Everythin seems to go over your head!

Anonymous
24th June '08, 07:34 PM
I think he is a good prospect, looking on Wikipedia for the facts it says he scored 15 goals in 28 games for Barca last year, 5 goals in 6 games for Mexico U-20 and also Won the Silver Ball for being the 2nd best player (Behind Anderson) at the U17 World Championship where he helped Mexico to win it by assisting at least half of all goals his team scored.

Not bad at all I'd say for 4.7 million and being only 19.

Anonymous
24th June '08, 07:37 PM
Also, all rivalry aside, I think its good that there is so much good, young talent coming through in the premiership eg; Dos Santos, Vela, Anderson, Denilson, Nani, Lucas etc.

Xtra P
24th June '08, 07:43 PM
I think he is a good prospect, looking on Wikipedia for the facts it says he scored 15 goals in 28 games for Barca last year, 5 goals in 6 games for Mexico U-20 and also Won the Silver Ball for being the 2nd best player (Behind Anderson) at the U17 World Championship where he helped Mexico to win it by assisting at least half of all goals his team scored.

Not bad at all I'd say for 4.7 million and being only 19.

By the stats you have posted, he could turn out to be a decent player! But as we all know, the prem is a whole other story!

Bigup you for providin factual statitics.

Grimes
24th June '08, 07:46 PM
i swear my man only got 3 goals for the whole season last year

The Messiah
24th June '08, 07:47 PM
Dos Santos has the potential to be a very decent player. Barca clearly don't see it, and neither do the Barca fans, who weren't particularly upset to see him go. Imagine United's reaction to losing Nani, or Arsenal's to losing Alex Song or Denilson? The fact that the fans barely blinked has to tell you something.

However you can't use Fabregas as an example as how "bad" or "good" Barca's judgement is. They wanted to report Arsenal for "stealing" him. We did everything above board, but at the time Barca really didn't want to see him leave.

Modric is a great signing for Tottenham. Slightly overpriced but a great signing nonetheless.

As for Arsenal fans belittling Spurs transfers and bigging up their own. Well duh! They are rivals, that is always going to happen whther teh fans are doing it consciously or subconsciously. My only argument with the examples given is that Nasri is a full international already (like Carlos Vela) and there were reports of other clubs such as Bayern and Barca trying to hijack (the already completed) deal. What other big clubs were interested in Dos Santos? At least with Modric the scum had to fight off decent competition.

The Messiah
24th June '08, 07:49 PM
i swear my man only got 3 goals for the whole season last year

He did only get three goals - in the league that is. The box in which Anonymous is looking at is incorrect anyway when you look at this:

Dos Santos: Club Career Stats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovani_dos_Santos#Club_career_statistics)

Grimes
24th June '08, 07:53 PM
his stats are nearly as bad as anderson's stats

Anonymous
24th June '08, 07:54 PM
Modric is a great signing for Tottenham. Slightly overpriced but a great signing nonetheless.

What I was thinking still.

Anonymous
24th June '08, 07:55 PM
He did only get three goals - in the league that is. The box in which Anonymous is looking at is incorrect anyway when you look at this:

Dos Santos: Club Career Stats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovani_dos_Santos#Club_career_statistics)

My bad. Didnt clock lol.

Xtra P
24th June '08, 07:56 PM
Ok ok, all rivary & hate for the spuds aside, I just dont think Dos Santos is that good, ive already admitted that Modric was a good signin so for anyone sayin im just hatin on spurs(as if an Arsenal have anythin to hate spurs about) your opinion is mute, I just don't rate him & I don't rate his potential either but I guess time will tell!

Eric Cantona
24th June '08, 08:07 PM
' I don't rate his potential either '

*Leaves*

Grimes
24th June '08, 08:10 PM
yet anderson is worth 18.6 million

Xtra P
24th June '08, 08:16 PM
' I don't rate his potential either '

*Leaves*

Good idea