PDA

View Full Version : Adebayor Drops Ronaldo-esque hint

Anonymous
21st June '08, 04:03 PM
In most Cristiano Ronaldo-like fashion, Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor has responded to reported interest from the likes of Barcelona and Milan by revealing that he may have an announcement to make in the next couple of days. Could a shock move be on the cards after all?

Despite earlier in the summer insisting that he would stay at Arsenal, Emmanuel Adebayor continues to be the subject of intense transfer speculation, and has today had comments attributed to him in The Star which can be construed as meaning a move is imminent.

The player did not specifically deny the latest media reports, which claim that he is set to join Barcelona in a 22.5million deal. That would represent almost 20million profit for the Gunners, who paid Monaco 3million for the Togo striker in January 2006.

AC Milan have also been courting him all summer, despite Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger having stated clearly that the player is not for sale.

But with reports from Barcelona claiming that Adebayor will soon be re-united with his former Arsenal colleague Thierry Henry at Camp Nou, Adebayor has revealed that news about his future could be announced next week.

Anonymous
21st June '08, 04:05 PM
*Waits for the Arsenal fans to go "through their emotions" now the boots on the other foot*

Ryddel
21st June '08, 04:14 PM
tbh if they sold him it wouldn't suprise me if wanker got some new teenage striker for like 3m.

RIP Jakey
21st June '08, 04:45 PM
If we get decent money I don't mind him leaving.

Anonymous
21st June '08, 04:46 PM
Pretty much what Ive been saying about Ronaldo from early. Along with he needs to kick the attitude.

Xtra P
21st June '08, 04:53 PM
*Waits for the Arsenal fans to go "through their emotions" now the boots on the other foot*

I would'nt hold my breath!

Unlike most of the United fans im a realist, Its very posible that Adebayor will leave but its not the end of the world especially if we get a good amount for him & Wenger won't let him go untill he has lined up a decent replacement!

I for one won't be goin through the motions, if it was Fabragas it would be a whole other story lol

'nuum general
21st June '08, 05:20 PM
would arsenal fans swap him for eto'o?

Anonymous
21st June '08, 05:37 PM
Milan transfer consultant and super agent Ernesto Bronzetti insists Milan have a fifty percent chance of signing Adebayor and he claims Arsenal want to sell the striker to Barcelona. He also believes the Rossoneri could fuel Adebayor's move to Camp Nou and thay they could take Samuel Eto'o and Ronaldinho to San Siro instead.

RIP Jakey
21st June '08, 05:40 PM

I wouldn' mind getting Eto'o if he goes or if he stays. He'd be a very good replacement or addition.

I'd want money + Eto'o if he's included in the deal, I wouldn't be happy with a straight swap because they want him gone and we wanna keep Adebayor.

NaiJaBoY
21st June '08, 06:43 PM
ade is stayin, yes the interest from milan and barca might be true but ade will only leave if Arsene and Arsenal are willingly to sale him, sure he wouldnt mind playing at milan or barca(who wouldnt?)

but if arsene wants him to stay he would, and Arsene said the only player leaving this summer is Flamini, who was out of contract and free to go wherever HE wanted

Anonymous
21st June '08, 06:50 PM
ade is stayin, yes the interest from milan and barca might be true but ade will only leave if Arsene and Arsenal are willingly to sale him, sure he wouldnt mind playing at milan or barca(who wouldnt?)

but if arsene wants him to stay he would, and Arsene said the only player leaving this summer is Flamini, who was out of contract and free to go wherever HE wanted

Pretty much what Man Utd fans have been saying concerning Ronaldo.

Hij
21st June '08, 07:10 PM
There wasnt a single quote there from him, what a crock of shit.

NaiJaBoY
21st June '08, 07:36 PM
Did Ronaldo come out at the end of the season sayin "i will be here next season, i am going to togo now..i will be back for preseason"

NaiJaBoY
21st June '08, 07:38 PM
exactly i would rather believe video evidence than some journo made up shit

Anonymous
21st June '08, 07:49 PM

I couldnt post the rest of the article because I exceeded the number of characters allowed.

Heres the best of the article with the quote.

He told the Daily Star: "I do not want to speak about this at the moment because of Arsenal. But it is possible there will be something to say in a few days' time."

Several media reports are saying that while a transfer has been agreed between the clubs, nothing will be announced until the Gunners have secured a replacement.

Anonymous
21st June '08, 07:50 PM
Did Ronaldo come out at the end of the season sayin "i will be here next season, i am going to togo now..i will be back for preseason"

End of Champs League final just after he got his medal "I will stay, how can I leave?"

Tbh I hope Ronaldo goes.

NaiJaBoY
21st June '08, 08:05 PM
End of Champs League final just after he got his medal "I will stay, how can I leave?"

Tbh I hope Ronaldo goes.
That was b4 Real came in for him, at the start of all this Ade milan/barca speculation he said he would stay if the club wants him, bcos he owe wenger for the believe he showed in him, bring from a below average striker at monaco

RIP Jakey
21st June '08, 08:17 PM
That was b4 Real came in for him, at the start of all this Ade milan/barca speculation he said he would stay if the club wants him, bcos he owe wenger for the believe he showed in him, bring from a below average striker at monaco

If Adebayor wants to leave Wenger won't stop him, he doesn't have players who don't want to play for us.

Hij
21st June '08, 08:34 PM
dont rate him that much really wastes too many chances the money being touted would be better for arsenal

Anonymous
21st June '08, 08:37 PM
That was b4 Real came in for him

There was alot of speculation before, thats why he said it.

The Messiah
21st June '08, 08:39 PM

I would'nt hold my breath!

Unlike most of the United fans im a realist, Its very posible that Adebayor will leave but its not the end of the world especially if we get a good amount for him & Wenger won't let him go untill he has lined up a decent replacement!

I for one won't be goin through the motions, if it was Fabragas it would be a whole other story lol

If we get decent money I don't mind him leaving.

Why would we get upset over getting 25 million for Ade? That's enough to go and buy a proven striker a la Villa or Eto'o

Yup. However I would prefer Eto'o as an addition to our squad, not as a replacement.

That's what I thought, but Arsenal haven't had shots taken at them in a while. It was only a matter of time that happened, and only a matter of time before United fans jumped on it to take their minds off Ronaldo.

Anonymous
21st June '08, 08:47 PM
So its cool for Arsenal fans to try and chat shit because of what they've seen/read but when Man U fans try we have "jumped on it" to take our minds off Ronaldo when I've said for weeks I'd be happy with him leaving.

Seen.

Mister Lacey
21st June '08, 09:01 PM
lol nah man every arsenal guy on here has said if the moneys right who cares we bought him in 06 for 3 million selling him in 08 for 25 is sick, we could buy 2 good players for 25 million or at least buy Villa or someone.
Can't compare Ade to Ronaldo tbh.

RIP Jakey
21st June '08, 09:04 PM
Yeah Ronaldo is a way more important player for Man U than Adebayor is for Arsenal, Fabregas would be a different story.

Xtra P
21st June '08, 09:04 PM
Yeah Ronaldo is a way more important player for Man U than Adebayor is for Arsenal, Fabregas would be a different story.

lol nah man every arsenal guy on here has said if the moneys right who cares we bought him in 06 for 3 million selling him in 08 for 25 is sick, we could buy 2 good players for 25 million or at least buy Villa or someone.
Can't compare Ade to Ronaldo tbh.

Anonymous
21st June '08, 09:09 PM
Im not comparing players. Im comparing how you man try par but when the boots on the other foot you try play it down.

Xtra P
21st June '08, 09:14 PM
Im not comparing players. Im comparing how you man try par but when the boots on the other foot you try play it down.

Bruv, its not the same thing!

If it was Fabragas we would proberly be goin through the motions aswell but Ade is replaceable!

The Messiah
21st June '08, 09:32 PM
So its cool for Arsenal fans to try and chat shit because of what they've seen/read but when Man U fans try we have "jumped on it" to take our minds off Ronaldo when I've said for weeks I'd be happy with him leaving.

Seen.

Haha!!! It's clearly not the same thing. The only thing Ade has only publicly stated is that he will stay at Arsenal, and he did that when Milan rumours surfaced. Ronaldo has not done that, and has nothing nothing to quell rumours. beside, have you seen one Arsenal fan upset at the idea of us losing him for 25 million?

It okay be be upset about Ronaldo and look for something to tease Arsenal with, but unfortunately, this is not the thing. :laugh:

NaiJaBoY
21st June '08, 09:51 PM
manure fans this is just sad

Clubs are always interested in arsenal players its nothing new, look at the hleb situation too, his agent said he will sign inter/barca within 10 days a few weeks ago..he is still an arsenal player.

The other day Roma were in for Clichy, yesterday signed a new long term contract

GrimePays
21st June '08, 09:57 PM
tbh if they sold him it wouldn't suprise me if wanker got some new teenage striker for like 3m.

LOL, i stopped reading the thread at this post

sums up wenger nicely

Anonymous
21st June '08, 09:58 PM
Haha!!! It's clearly not the same thing. The only thing Ade has only publicly stated is that he will stay at Arsenal, and he did that when Milan rumours surfaced. Ronaldo has not done that, and has nothing nothing to quell rumours. beside, have you seen one Arsenal fan upset at the idea of us losing him for 25 million?

It okay be be upset about Ronaldo and look for something to tease Arsenal with, but unfortunately, this is not the thing. :laugh:

Upset about Ronaldo? You joker. I take it you cant read. There may be plent of others fans upset but I for one am not. As I've said.
Im not looking for nothing. I just find it funny one thing applies to you and not others.

'nuum general
21st June '08, 10:36 PM
I don't think the adebayor senario is the same as the ronaldo one, though the common factor is that should the transfers go through both clubs will have the money to buy quality replacements

grafta
22nd June '08, 12:14 AM
fuck him sell him buy martins

Hij
22nd June '08, 02:59 AM

Seen.

Your lost.

Ronaldo clearly wants to leave. All the quotes are about leaving and how he wants his dream to come true.

There isnt a single quote from Adeybayor, but several quotes back dating the last 3 weeks where each time he reiteraites his desire to stay at Arsenal. I dont even rate him that much tbh, I think if he converted 50% of his chances he'd be even more lethal, but he squanders alot.

Hij
22nd June '08, 03:01 AM
Upset about Ronaldo? You joker. I take it you cant read. There may be plent of others fans upset but I for one am not. As I've said.
Im not looking for nothing. I just find it funny one thing applies to you and not others.
But Emmanuel has come out 3 times and says he wants to stay?

Xtra P
22nd June '08, 06:25 AM
Anonymous aint gettin it, so the Ade subject is mute as far as im concerned.

Anonymous
22nd June '08, 09:00 AM

Its not even about Ade. Its About you mans attitude.

Grimes
22nd June '08, 10:31 AM
Deep

Top Lad
22nd June '08, 11:52 AM
I think Ade will leave and im pissed if he does. Wenger is meant to be adding to the squad, allow selling some of our best players. Its not like Ade is desperate to leave so if there is any truth to the rumours why is it happening. Our best striker who provides a different option to the normal passing play, 30 goals last season and is bound to improve. Eto is quite old compared to ade, has an ego and is too similar to our other strikers id rather keep Ade. Id love eto as an addition but as a replacement i wont be 'ecstatic'.

'nuum general
22nd June '08, 01:04 PM
I think Ade will leave and im pissed if he does. Wenger is meant to be adding to the squad, allow selling some of our best players. Its not like Ade is desperate to leave so if there is any truth to the rumours why is it happening. Our best striker who provides a different option to the normal passing play, 30 goals last season and is bound to improve. Eto is quite old compared to ade, has an ego and is too similar to our other strikers id rather keep Ade. Id love eto as an addition but as a replacement i wont be 'ecstatic'.

eto'o is only 27

Xtra P
22nd June '08, 01:37 PM

What attitude??

Most of us are sayin its no big deal!!!!

Xtra P
22nd June '08, 01:47 PM

I hear what your sayin but its good business if we sell him for 25 mil considerin we got him for something like 6 mil & he's only had one good season in which his goals dried up towards the end. Ade is a decent player but he misses far too much guilt edge chances & he won't nessacerily be able to repeat last seasons goal performances. He's prone to long goal droughts, we could do with a more predatory striker i.e David Villa or Eto!

Grimes
22nd June '08, 01:48 PM
its maybe good business but is it good football .

Xtra P
22nd June '08, 01:49 PM
its maybe good business but is it good football .

It will be if we get a sick replacement!

Grimes
22nd June '08, 01:50 PM
Ade gives you an edge that neither David Villa or Eto (hyped up yakubu) can give you. if Arsenal want to remain a feeder club to "bigger clubs" then sell adebayor

The Messiah
22nd June '08, 03:28 PM

What attitude??

Most of us are sayin its no big deal!!!!

Your lost.

You get me. You can't compare the situations for a multitude of reasons, which non Arsenal fans have already acknoledged, so let it go.

Ronaldo clearly wants to leave. All the quotes are about leaving and how he wants his dream to come true.

There isnt a single quote from Adeybayor, but several quotes back dating the last 3 weeks where each time he reiteraites his desire to stay at Arsenal. I dont even rate him that much tbh, I think if he converted 50% of his chances he'd be even more lethal, but he squanders alot.

That is my only complaint of Adebayor, and why i'm slightly surprised at his valuation.

I agree with you, in that we should be adding a stirker to the squad, not looking to replace Ade - if he goes. When did ever ever used to cross the ball? When did we ever look even slightly threatening from corners, up until this season? We should be adding Eto'o/Villa to play with Ade. That would be a strikeforce to worry Vidic and Ferdinand.

I hear what your sayin but its good business if we sell him for 25 mil considerin we got him for something like 6 mil & he's only had one good season in which his goals dried up towards the end. Ade is a decent player but he misses far too much guilt edge chances & he won't nessacerily be able to repeat last seasons goal performances. He's prone to long goal droughts, we could do with a more predatory striker i.e David Villa or Eto!

Again, I agree with the fact that it is good business, and that Ade has only had one good season. You really can't judge a striker on one fantastic season (Kevin Phillips anyone?). I agree that we need a more predatory striker as Ade is wasteful, but I, like Top Lad, do feel that it should be in addition to Ade. But hey 25 million, is a good offer and one I would seriously consider.

Ade gives you an edge that neither David Villa or Eto (hyped up yakubu) can give you. if Arsenal want to remain a feeder club to "bigger clubs" then sell adebayor

What is your complex? Give me a list of Arsenal's "feeder club" like transfer activites. I can't think of a player that we've sold at a young age that has gone on to do extremely well, except arguably (and I must stress the arguably part) Bentley. Selling Vieira, Henry and Pires at the age of 31,30 and 32 doesn't sound like a feeder club to me.

All that said, I have already stated that Ade does give Arsenal something different, so for that reason, I would prefer him to stay. 25 million is a over-valuation imo, that's why all the Arsenal fans are considering it. If there was an offer of 32 million - as was quoted a few weeks ago, I don't care what he does for the team, I'd sell and I think most Arsenal fans would too.

RIP Jakey
22nd June '08, 11:07 PM
All that said, I have already stated that Ade does give Arsenal something different, so for that reason, I would prefer him to stay. 25 million is a over-valuation imo, that's why all the Arsenal fans are considering it. If there was an offer of 32 million - as was quoted a few weeks ago, I don't care what he does for the team, I'd sell and I think most Arsenal fans would too.