PDA

View Full Version : Ronaldo makes me fucking sick

GrimePays
20th June '08, 05:10 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo has has given his biggest indication yet that he could quit Manchester United for Real Madrid this summer.

Speculation over the Portugal international's future has been rife following the Red Devils' UEFA Champions League final success over Chelsea in May.

Real Madrid have gone public with their desire to bring the former Sporting ace to the Bernabeu, a move that has angered Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ronaldo has often kept his cards close to his chest in terms of his desires and wishes, but following Portugal's exit from Euro 2008 he has now been more forthcoming.

Although the 23-year-old has stopped short of confirming his desire to join Real Madrid this summer, he has indicated he wants to make a 'dream step forward' in his career.

The move could now prompt Real to step up their interest in Ronaldo after previously stating they would only formulate a bid once he reveals his interest in joining the Liga giants.

When asked if he thinks his dream will come true, he told Sky Sports' guillembalague.com: "I really hope so, lets see.

Dream

"It is a dream, a step forward (are you sure?), you can call it what you want. For me it is a great opportunity, and as Scolari says, that train passes by only once, and we have to take advantage of it.

"You will soon know what I want. You do know what I want and that is why I don't want to say anything else. Let's wait. I want to give more details that is why I cannot say much more."

Ronaldo, who did confirm he decided his future prior to United's Champions League success in Moscow, has stated he does not mind upsetting fans and Ferguson in order to get what he wants.

"It is my opinion, that is why I don't mind if people get upset. It is my decision. It is what I want," he concluded.

Following Portugal's Euro 2008 exit, Cristiano Ronaldo said he expects to make an announcement over his future in 'two or three days'.

"I will speak to Manchester United. I will try to reach an agreement and we will see," he added.

Ronaldo also revealed he has been carrying a foot injury for the past three months.

He added: "I'm going to have an operation now. I have had a small problem for about three months, in my foot.

"I'll have the operation and then have a good recovery period."

i mean if u want to leave, than do with respect to the club that made you who you are you fucking stupid cunt

BG1
20th June '08, 05:12 PM
i mean if u want to leave, than do with respect to the club that made you who you are you fucking stupid cunt

His dreams to play for Real Madrid, the Man U fans should accept it and let him go so he can achieve it, he won them the Premiership and Champ league this season. He aint got nothing else to achieve at Man U either.

GrimePays
20th June '08, 05:15 PM
yea but the lack of disrespect shown to ferguson and the fans is abit stupid

but he can leave, give us the 60 mill and you have your player

although i disagree with United saying he is not for sale because if we keep him against hes will than thats abit bait

Grimes
20th June '08, 05:46 PM
everyone ronaldo was a prick when he did that winking shit, it doesn't surprise me at all

20th June '08, 05:51 PM
He never cared about Man U anyway, every time he scored a goal he just done some pose instead of actually getting happy. And when he collapsed on the floor when they won the Champions League, it was because HE had won it, not because his team had.

'nuum general
20th June '08, 05:57 PM
I think united will be a more balanced team without ronaldo. He's won everything he can there & has just had a season which he's unlikely to better. they'll never be a better time to sell him

Xtra P
20th June '08, 06:00 PM
lol@the manure fans goin through the motions, first theres Denial then comes Anger & finaly Acceptance!

Eric Cantona
20th June '08, 06:11 PM
Ronaldo is acting like a cunt, he's showing complete disrepect for the the club who made him the best player in the world right now.

The Messiah
20th June '08, 06:14 PM
lol@the manure fans goin through the motions, first theres Denial then comes Anger & finaly Acceptance!

:laugh:

Eric Cantona
20th June '08, 06:19 PM
Arsenal fans are reminiscing when Henry left i see.

Xtra P
20th June '08, 06:27 PM
Ronaldo is acting like a cunt, he's showing complete disrepect for the the club who made him the best player in the world right now.

Arsenal fans are reminiscing when Henry left i see.

I see you've entered into the anger stage lol

*Waits for Al3x to reach the acceptance stage*

lol

BG1
20th June '08, 06:28 PM

but he can leave, give us the 60 mill and you have your player

although i disagree with United saying he is not for sale because if we keep him against hes will than thats abit bait
The Man U fans should thank him, he gave them Premierships and the Champ League this year, God knows how much he made them as a business. They Paid 12m for him and they will make above 50m+.

He has done nothing but win tropheys and make Man U bags of money:D

Xtra P
20th June '08, 06:29 PM
The Man U fans should thank him, he gave them Premierships and the Champ League this year, God knows how much he made them as a business. They Paid 12m for him and they will make above 50m+.

He has done nothing but win tropheys and make Man U bags of money:D

There an ungreatful lot them manure fans :laugh:

'nuum general
20th June '08, 06:30 PM

I think united fans need to show ronaldo some respect. Its not like he's come out & said i won't play for united again.

whats_the_score?
20th June '08, 06:33 PM
It's all upto the Glazers.

Eric Cantona
20th June '08, 06:40 PM
No.

If Ronaldo wanted to play for Man Utd again he would of said by now, he could of said that yesterday or even last month, He's failed to show any resepct to Man Utd, his team mates , Fergie and the fans. He's refusing to speak to Ferguson even over the phone.

Ronaldo will go down as an Man Utd legend if he leaves today, but the way he's acted through the whole saga since the Champions League has been stupid.

All Mna Utd fans knew he was going to leave and many haven't had too much problem as over the years it's became inevitable it was going to happen, it's just the way he's going about it has angerd us.

Anonymous
20th June '08, 06:43 PM
He thinks hes bigger than the club. As I've said for a little while now; Goodbye.

Eric Cantona
20th June '08, 06:46 PM
Ronaldinho coming to OT.

Anonymous
20th June '08, 06:48 PM
Lol

Ryddel
20th June '08, 07:23 PM
The thing is ronaldo hasn't performed in some of the big games this year e.g. Por Vs Ger in euro quarters didnt do shit, against chelsea away he didnt really impact and only in the first half did he make an impact in champions league final (Yes i know it's only 3 games that i have chose but they are the biggest i can think of from the top of my head). But yeah he is acting like a bit of a cunt about it all not being straight forward, but if Ronaldo wanted to return to united would any united fans accept him back assuming he wants to play for you again?

ALM
20th June '08, 09:56 PM
lol ronaldo is the biggest cunt in football people forgot because he has had a great season what an arrogant little faggot he is and the reason why went out of the 2006 world cup.

I wouldnt chuck him a lifejacket if he was drowning.

20th June '08, 10:08 PM

you would prefer him to be MORE disrepectful?

t.

Jboy
21st June '08, 12:35 PM
I think what pisses most people off is not the fact he wants to leave, but the way he is doing it. Keepign everything quiet, constantly fueling to rumours, its like being openly disrespectful.

I like him as a player, but dont really like his personality (well what we see off him anyway)

'nuum general
21st June '08, 01:29 PM
I think what pisses most people off is not the fact he wants to leave, but the way he is doing it. Keepign everything quiet, constantly fueling to rumours, its like being openly disrespectful.

I like him as a player, but dont really like his personality (well what we see off him anyway)

so you'd rather him go out & say i want to join madrid now & i won't play for united again?

Quality Control
21st June '08, 02:08 PM
man's a worse bottler than ibrahimovic anyway

GrimePays
21st June '08, 09:11 PM
Ronaldo will go down as an Man Utd legend if he leaves today, but the way he's acted through the whole saga since the Champions League has been stupid.

nah fuck that, i refuse to call this cunt a man utd legend, legends arent supposed to be cunts to their own team.

basically saying he doesnt care about fans/ferguson, calling a move from man utd to real madrid a 'step forward', saying he made hes mind up BEFORE the CL final and saying in the post match interview that hes definatly staying = not the makings of a man utd legend.

i accepted he was leaving time ago but no way was i expecting this disrespect shown, fucking cunt.

Leng Man Louie
21st June '08, 09:37 PM
everyone ronaldo was a prick when he did that winking shit, it doesn't surprise me at all

wot a CUNT

The Messiah
21st June '08, 09:43 PM
Ronaldo has always been a cunt. United fans chose to look past it because he was doing wonders for their team.

Now United fans see the light and for some strange reason it hurts them... I suppose it's like your mate telling you not to get with a certain girl, but you do and she ends up cheating on you...

GrimePays
21st June '08, 09:54 PM
yea but this is a different type of cuntage, hes acting a cunt to hes own team and everyone knows that any other team wouldnt care about hes diving and crying if he was on their team, its showing straight disrespect to the team that made him what he is.

BUT

saying this, its all just press talk and none of it has reeaally come straight from Ronaldos mouth on video for everyone to see. I could actually imagine Ronaldo coming out to say hes signing a new contract with United because Carvalho said he is happy at Manchester and hes mum said hes def staying at utd next season. But again its all based on speculation so lets see in the next day or two what Ronaldo is really thinking ...

because to be honest i find it strange that Ronaldo would commit hes future to united so many times , straight after the CL final he also said he was staying and not some bullshit like "only the future will tell" and then begs a Madrid move.

lets just see init

NaiJaBoY
21st June '08, 09:56 PM
manure fans calm down, this is nothing compared cashley

Grimes
21st June '08, 10:10 PM
much bigger than cashley tbh

NaiJaBoY
21st June '08, 10:11 PM
regarding his atitude this is nothing

GrimePays
21st June '08, 10:12 PM
yea true, now i can see why arsenal hate cole so much

Grimes
21st June '08, 10:15 PM

Truesay

I think the onlything Ronaldo has done wrong is signing a long-term contract when he had no plans of honouring it

Xtra P
22nd June '08, 06:33 AM
Contract's aint worth the paper their printed on these days

Jae Dave
22nd June '08, 01:18 PM

my thoughts exactly!

Grimes
22nd June '08, 01:39 PM
LOL @ man utd thinking they made ronaldo

Grimes
22nd June '08, 01:43 PM
Ronaldo is the best poacher in the premiership and has a decent freekick apart from that i can't see what makes him the best player in the world. The only reason why he gets so much coverage is becaused he inherited david beckhams old number. Obviously R.madrid believe Ronaldo is as lucrative as Beckham is in terms of marketing and branding.

I'm sure paris saint germain don't say "they made ronaldinho"

Hij
22nd June '08, 03:19 PM

"And we don't mind forcing him to sit on the sidelines"

From the time Ferguson said that, I'd have left.

Real Madrid are the best club in the world, 8 European Cups and world famous players, face it that they are a bigger club than United (yes they are bigger than us as well)- be happy that you'll get a massive pay day when your best player goes to them and we didn't.

Hij
22nd June '08, 03:19 PM
LOL @ man utd thinking they made ronaldo
:D

Hij
22nd June '08, 03:20 PM
yea true, now i can see why arsenal hate cole so much

Different slightly. He left for 5k more to a rival London club.

out there
22nd June '08, 03:21 PM
oi sum1 fill me in den
has he gone yet or what!!!
or is he still fuckin aboutt

'nuum general
22nd June '08, 03:25 PM
Real should get fined for this still. Its the most blatent case of unsettling a player

out there
22nd June '08, 03:28 PM
take itt he ainttt gonee yett den^^

The Messiah
22nd June '08, 03:35 PM
manure fans calm down, this is nothing compared cashley

Cashley's attitude was much worse than Ronaldo's, and his attitude towards Arsenal when he signed for Chelesa "moving to a bigger club" and all that bollocks was disrespect of the highest order. I'm glad he's gone downhill since he has been there and now has a second CL losers medal.

I think the only thing in the world that unites Arsenal and Spurs fans is our mutual hatred for Ashley Cole.

I think the onlything Ronaldo has done wrong is signing a long-term contract when he had no plans of honouring it

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Ronaldo is the best poacher in the premiership and has a decent freekick apart from that i can't see what makes him the best player in the world. The only reason why he gets so much coverage is becaused he inherited david beckhams old number. Obviously R.madrid believe Ronaldo is as lucrative as Beckham is in terms of marketing and branding.

Nail.

He's not the best player in the world. I think we agreed this in another thread. Kaka and Messi are defintely worth more than Ronaldo.

out there
22nd June '08, 03:36 PM
yeah madrid in it for the reddys

'nuum general
22nd June '08, 03:38 PM
lets face it, ronaldo leaving man u is just like when we lost craig fagan (except we were more reliant on fagan than u were/are on ronaldo). look what hapened to us, we re-re-signed deano, avoided relegation & then got promoted. Selling ronaldo could be a great move for united.

out there
22nd June '08, 03:48 PM
lets face it, ronaldo leaving man u is just like when we lost craig fagan (except we were more reliant on fagan than u were/are on ronaldo). look what hapened to us, we re-re-signed deano, avoided relegation & then got promoted. Selling ronaldo could be a great move for united.

who you support?

'nuum general
22nd June '08, 03:50 PM
who you support?

hull city

out there
22nd June '08, 03:53 PM
yeahh..dem teaams deya

Eric Cantona
22nd June '08, 05:00 PM
Real Madrid are the biggest club in the world, not the best.

ALM
22nd June '08, 09:59 PM
ashley cole left for a bigger and better club with more ambition and a better future.

standard really.

The Messiah
23rd June '08, 05:04 PM
ashley cole left for a bigger and better club with more ambition and a better future.

standard really.

That is such a funny statement, that I couldn't even get remotely angry.

The clubs up and down Europe that have done consistently well, are the ones with history and a strong fan base. There are plenty of clubs that have stepped in once in a while and had their day: Athelic Bilbao, Feynoord, AS Saint-Etienne, Hamburg/Hamburger SV, Dourussia Dortmund were big and successful clubs back in the day. Even Wolverhampton Wanderers in England had a period of domination. Where are all these clubs now?

The basis of Chelsea's current "success" is unarguably, and unequivocally money. Even if Abramovich keeps pouring money into the club until he dies, when he does, will Chelsea have someone to replace him with his same sort of commitment to the cause? Will they have a set-up that will aid the removal of their debt? To pay off debt, you need to be more sucessful, to be more successful you need better players which brings high transfer fees and high wage bill. Success in the manner that Chelsea and United have got in recent years breeds, more potentially more money and certainly more debt.

You reap what you sow, and whether it be 10 years or 40 years from now, Chelsea are going to have serious issues in the future. I'm biased as an Arsenal fan, but despite our "lack of success". The basis for the removal of debt at Arsenal, is not based largely on success, but the fans. There is more emphasis on the fans at Man United as well, so I don't think they'll struggle as much as Chelsea will. We are one of the few clubs with a light at the end of our debt tunnel, which is getting ever brighter year by year.

At the end of the day, I would happily have a period of relatively little success, to become the monster of a club we could potentially be in 10/15 years time. Whilst are rivals are still sorting out their monetary issues. The future is certainly bright if you are an Arsenal, and even a Liverpool fan.

Murky waters at United, and very murky water at Chelsea they are built on the foundations of debt that is not being paid off, but only underwritten by one person.

GrimePays
24th June '08, 06:25 PM
if your saying that our style of play and our service for Ronaldo didnt make him as big as he is now than your lying.

if we didnt make Ronaldo who he is than why wasnt he scoring bags of goals when he was at Sporting, it was a huge step up and we were the ones that brought Ronaldo world class level, if Ronaldo moves to Real than thats him, he aint gonna score as many goals as he did for us ever

GrimePays
24th June '08, 06:26 PM
and

LOL @ this fucking fassy scared to go back to OT for ankle treatment

'nuum general
24th June '08, 06:31 PM
if we didnt make Ronaldo who he is than [b]why wasnt he scoring bags of goals when he was at Sporting[b]

because he was 17 & you signed him before he broke into the 1st team

if Ronaldo moves to Real than thats him, he aint gonna score as many goals as he did for us ever

Thats probably true for if he stays tbh. I would be suprised if he managed 35 goals a season again unless he plays as an out & out striker

At the end of the day, he can achieve nothing more at united & for the figure he'll go for you can sign any player in the world.

I don't know why your so bothered. Sign kaka, ribery or whoever & you'll be fine

GrimePays
24th June '08, 07:15 PM
im not bothered about him leaving its just the way hes leaving, like a spoilt fucking brat who is scared of Ferguson

GrimePays
10th July '08, 10:06 PM
FINAL STRAW, THE FUCKING FINAL STRAW HAS BEEN CLUTCHED

A FUCKING SLAVE? YOU THINK YOUR TREATED LIKE A FUCKING SLAVE?

100K A WEEK, LIFE OF LUXURY, PLAYING FOR BEST TEAM IN EUROPE, KNOWN AS BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD, THATS SLAVERY? FUCK, FUCK, IM MAD, IM MAD

GET RID OF THE CUNT NOW, BECKHAM, VNS, STAM ETC THEY ALL ACTED LIKE CUNTS = THEY ALL LEFT, ITS RONALDOS TIME

looool

real talk though ..

Grimes
10th July '08, 10:21 PM
the 100 grand ronaldo gets does not equate to what ronaldo does for the club. he's clearly getting exploited.

Hij
10th July '08, 10:24 PM
the 100 grand ronaldo gets does not equate to what ronaldo does for the club. he's clearly getting exploited.

Its comparable to child labour really. Anyone carrying the whole team to two trophies must surely be exhausted.

On a serious level, this Blockbuster makes the Gerrard saga look like a soap opera.

GrimePays
10th July '08, 10:28 PM
if the last 2 posts were serious, i give up with football discussions on this forum

Grimes
10th July '08, 10:42 PM
if ronaldo is valuated at about 70 million and your paying him 100grand per week in a 4 year contract . you do the mathematics. Ronaldo is getting bumped

GrimePays
10th July '08, 10:46 PM
if ronaldo is valuated at about 70 million and your paying him 100grand per week in a 4 year contract . you do the mathematics. Ronaldo is getting bumped

so, the 70 mill doesnt go to him.

and 100k a week is a real rip off, how the fuck can a 100k a week get you by in life :dozey:

if you want to leave, than why sign a 5 year contract, he agrees with the slave comment, yet he hasn't told manutd directly that he wants to leave, and he hasnt even talked to ferguson in fucking weeks.

the kid is a brat

Grimes
10th July '08, 10:51 PM
so, the 70 mill doesnt go to him. (your point???)

and 100k a week is a real rip off, how the fuck can a 100k a week get you by in life :dozey: (100k a week for generating millioons in merchandise and tickets sales hmm)

if you want to leave, than why sign a 5 year contract, he agrees with the slave comment, yet he hasn't told manutd directly that he wants to leave, and he hasnt even talked to ferguson in fucking weeks.

the kid is a brat

Ferguson is a bully really

Modern day slavery

GrimePays
10th July '08, 11:39 PM
Modern day slavery

wtf is wrong with you, your acting like we should be giving him a million a week or some stupid shit. At the end of the day he is a player, just like everyone else in our team and he shouldnt get some overly stupid amount of money just because hes ronaldo

makes no sense what so ever

how is ferguson a bully, if players fuck around = they should leave, ferguson has proved he is the man at united, not any individual player, and he should sell ronaldo because theres no point letting him play on when hes heart is somewhere else. Or let him rot ...

Grimes
11th July '08, 08:44 AM
wtf is wrong with you, your acting like we should be giving him a million a week or some stupid shit. At the end of the day he is a player, just like everyone else in our team and he shouldnt get some overly stupid amount of money just because hes ronaldo

makes no sense what so ever

how is ferguson a bully, if players fuck around = they should leave, ferguson has proved he is the man at united, not any individual player, and he should sell ronaldo because theres no point letting him play on when hes heart is somewhere else. Or let him rot ...

Ferguson bullies referees, bullies other coaches (gareth southgate knows), bullies players (david beckham and paul ince know). He is a big bully and gets away with too much. That knighthood has got to his head and he has too much power in the premierleague.

All i'm trying to say is real madrid value you much higher than manchester united do i would feel undervalued. If Ronaldo is the best player in the world he should be payed like the best player in the world and according to manchester united he doesn't deserve a new contract for his performances and isn't worth as much as Ronaldo thinks he is

Pristine Condition
11th July '08, 11:41 AM
he only signed a contract last year, why are you going to give him a new contract for....

and how does Real Madrid value him higher, when they clearly said, they are not going to pay 70mill for him.

Grimes
11th July '08, 11:59 AM
he only signed a contract last year, why are you going to give him a new contract for....

and how does Real Madrid value him higher, when they clearly said, they are not going to pay 70mill for him.

He was never top scorer in the premiership and champions league last season. Ferninand and Vidic were both awarded contracts for their performance how come Ronaldo doesn't get one

Wheres your evidence?

My assertion stills stands, Real madrid value him higher (around 200,000 per week) anyway.

If they are not going to break the transfer record then they have no standing

Pristine Condition
11th July '08, 12:18 PM
He was never top scorer in the premiership and champions league last season. Ferninand and Vidic were both awarded contracts for their performance how come Ronaldo doesn't get one

Wheres your evidence?

My assertion stills stands, Real madrid value him higher (around 200,000 per week) anyway.

Ferdinand signed a new contract because he only had two years left on his current one.

Vidic signed a two year extension to his current one, which will keep him @ the club until 2012, however he signed that back in November 07.

Ronaldo only signed a new 5 year contract in April 2007. So he is earning 120k a week. Most people don't even earn that in a 5 years. *smh*

So where are you going with your "bullsh*t"

and how do you know, Real Madrid is looking to spend that much on him. 200k a week, *remembers the days, players used to play for the peanuts*

Grimes
11th July '08, 12:22 PM
Ferdinand signed a new contract because he only had two left on his current one.

Vidic signed a two year extension to his current one, which will keep him @ the club until 2012, however he signed that back in November 07.

So where are you going with your "bullsh*t"

and how do you know, Real Madrid is looking to spend that much on him. 200k a week, remembers the days, players used to play for the peanuts.

What i'm saying isn't bullshit. i think extensions are apparent in every contract what is more important is the the increase of wage which exceeds 15%.

Either way Real madrid are going to pay ronaldo substantially more than you are and are going to so my point still stands.

Pristine Condition
11th July '08, 03:33 PM
What i'm saying isn't bullshit. i think extensions are apparent in every contract what is more important is the the increase of wage which exceeds 15%.

Either way Real madrid are going to pay ronaldo substantially more than you are and are going to so my point still stands.

SO every season a player plays well, they deserved a increase in wage. Just LOOOOL!!! init.

A player having a bad season should mean vice versa, yes???? *rolls eyes*

Like i shown you, Vidic got a new contract back in November, I don't know one person, who can judge someone's season in November. You can obviously *rolls eyes*

If Real Madrid wants to pay that, good luck to them.

Grimes
11th July '08, 04:06 PM
SO every season a player plays well, they deserved a increase in wage. Just LOOOOL!!! init.

A player having a bad season should mean vice versa, yes???? *rolls eyes*

Like i shown you, Vidic got a new contract back in November, I don't know one person, who can judge someone's season in November. You can obviously *rolls eyes*

If Real Madrid wants to pay that, good luck to them.

YES . every player that increases their performance substantially deserves a increase in wage.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL init

players can be fined or sacked for poor performance just like real life

GrimePays
11th July '08, 06:07 PM
Ferguson bullies referees, bullies other coaches (gareth southgate knows), bullies players (david beckham and paul ince know). He is a big bully and gets away with too much. That knighthood has got to his head and he has too much power in the premierleague.

All i'm trying to say is real madrid value you much higher than manchester united do i would feel undervalued. If Ronaldo is the best player in the world he should be payed like the best player in the world and according to manchester united he doesn't deserve a new contract for his performances and isn't worth as much as Ronaldo thinks he is

why should we give him a new contract, about 3 months ago he signed a 5 year deal, then says he wants to leave, fuck him

GrimePays
11th July '08, 06:09 PM
and if real madrid want to buy him for 70 mill and spend 200k a week on one player, than tell me who wins

certainly not real

The Messiah
11th July '08, 06:39 PM

Wheres your evidence?

Ronaldo was given a new contract this season? 5 year deal.

Going to a club that is prepared to pay you 200,000 a week is not a good idea imo. Shows that the club has no forward thinking. At this moment in time across Europe, very few clubs pay players more than 100k a week. To my knowledge, only United and Chelsea pay that amount in the UK. Barca and Real do it in Spain and Italy is so relatively poor I don't think even Kaka gets that much from Milan (feel free to prove this right or wrong, it doesn't really matter and the general point still stands).

When your contract needs to be renewed, you are going to ask for more. If you get it - great. If you don't and you want to go elsewhere, there are only a handful of clubs that will pay what you want. If those clubs don't want you, you are going to have to take a pay cut to go elsewhere.

Additionally, as a fan of Real, I'd love Ronaldo to come but 'd be very wary of the club offering him such high wages. Who's going to pay for it through ticket sales and buying merchandise? What about the other squad players? They will resent Ronaldo for having such inflated wages. They will in turn ask why they can't get more, and wonder why they aren't appreciated. There is speculation that Robinho wants to leave Real because first they offered him as a makeweight in the Ronaldo deal, then they say that they are prepared to pay Ronaldo double his wages.

When Shevchenko went to Chelsea on his 130K wages, within 18 months, JT and Ballack got similar wages. Lampard is being offered 140K atm. Shevchenko's arrival and the inflated wages they gave him has caused rises elsewhere. Do you honestly think JT would have asked for 130K, if he was on 80K and still the highest paid player? Clearly not. He would have asked for 90 or 100K. If Ronaldo goes to Real, a similar situation will happen.

Bad management imo. Even I wouldn't act this way on Football Manager. Why you would do it in real life is beyond me. By all means offer him 100-130K a week, but 200K is too much. To the extent, I don't even think it's ethical.

ImInBirmz
15th July '08, 09:57 PM
i just think that he needs to go now

GrimePays
16th July '08, 06:45 PM
SNEIJDER SEES RONALDO WAGE PROBLEM
Posted 16/07/08 14:00
Email
Print
Save

Real Madrid midfielder Wesley Sneijder does not want the club to risk unrest at the club by giving Ronaldo massive wages - especially as he goes missing in big games.

The Dutchman says that Ronaldo's arrival could upset certain players at the club and suggests that he is little better than Robinho anyway.

"It would be bad for the squad if one player had a much higher salary than the rest," he told AS. "It would not matter to me, but I know that there are other players that would not like that.

"There are already similar players to him here, like Robben and Robinho. It is clear that he would be a useful acquisition, but also maintaining the stability within the squad is important.

"I do not think that Madrid need to sign anyone. In the final games of last season we were very solid and the team showed it has grown a lot. Maybe the only thing we do need is to sign a forward.

"I want Robinho to stay with Madrid because I think that he is almost the same as Cristiano Ronaldo. People criticise him a bit and say he does not play well in big games, but I have seen Ronaldo disappear in some of Manchester United's big games.

"I am not criticising because I just want to point out that a player cannot be at the same level all year round."

Sneijder's comments come on the same day that Marca claim - for roughly the 17th time - that the Glazers are ready to negotiate with Madrid for Ronaldo rather than let him rot in the stands.

^^^^

first Cannavaro and now Sneijder

Ronaldo just needs to relise that he is not wanted and the Real president needs to think of what his own fans want rather than being on a stupid mission to bring back the golacticos or whatever they were called

Grimes
18th July '08, 03:28 PM
ronaldo is a wasteman

Tempz_NBT
18th July '08, 03:43 PM
im a man utd supporter but id rather ronaldo leave then stay.

his is become disloyal and must have forgotten that alex ferguson and man utd made him the player he is and doesnt wanna play for the best club in the world then good riddance.

we will take the money and buy 2 world class players so its no loss.

mayb marketing wise man utd will lose money but on the pitch there will be little difference if any

grimenyc
18th July '08, 04:23 PM
He's retarded. He's signed a big contract now he's got to honor it. American sports players do it all the time but it's actually very rare when they do get released or traded.

Grimes
18th July '08, 04:38 PM
he must of got a contract boost

Kardo
23rd July '08, 04:22 PM
He makes me sick 2