PDA

View Full Version : Most Underrated Players

Clive Eboue
16th June '08, 04:20 PM
In the prem?

I'll start things off from an Arsenal perspective :D

Clichy and Sagna. Our best two players last year, along with Flamini.

Hij
16th June '08, 04:24 PM
In the prem?

I'll start things off from an Arsenal perspective :D

Clichy and Sagna. Our best two players last year, along with Flamini.

Not underrated at all.

I'd have them in my team of the year.

Clive Eboue
16th June '08, 04:26 PM
Not underrated at all.

I'd have them in my team of the year.

I don't think people realise how pivotal they are to the Arsenal team though. If Ronaldo wasn't playing for United everyone would kick up huge fuss, yet if Clichy and Sagna weren't it wouldn't get that big a deal made of it.

Ransom
16th June '08, 04:27 PM
Titus Bramble

Eric Cantona
16th June '08, 04:28 PM
They were both named in Team of the year, how the fucked are they underated.

Jay
16th June '08, 04:28 PM
Titus Bramble

Titus Bramble will play well for 85 mins of a game, then in the over 5 mins he'll make the stupidest mistakes which make people forget about the other 85 mins.

Hij
16th June '08, 04:30 PM
I don't think people realise how pivotal they are to the Arsenal team though. If Ronaldo wasn't playing for United everyone would kick up huge fuss, yet if Clichy and Sagna weren't it wouldn't get that big a deal made of it.

No, we do realise.

Finnan is a great servant and someone genuinely underated over the years but hes slowing down as hes getting older. Riise isn't that good anymore, Aurelio is always injured.

I'd have killed for Clichy or Sagna last year.

Xtra P
16th June '08, 04:31 PM
You should make this poat a "most Underrated & most overated" player post!

Mine are..

Underrated: Kevin Nolan

Overated: Wayne Rooney

Hij
16th June '08, 04:34 PM

Mine are..

Theres 2 I agree with.

Hij
16th June '08, 04:34 PM
Titus Bramble will play well for 85 mins of a game, then in the over 5 mins he'll make the stupidest mistakes which make people forget about the other 85 mins.

He was one who used to be sick on CM (before it was FM).

Proof that the scouts get it wrong sometimes.

Got a nice goal at the Anny Road end though, the cunt.

Top Lad
16th June '08, 04:48 PM
Underated - Arteta

Overated - Rooney (he's class but when ppl started comparin to pele ..)

Hij
16th June '08, 04:49 PM
Overated - Rooney (he's class but when ppl started comparin to pele ..)
Who said that

pass me some of the zoot

Alfie
16th June '08, 04:49 PM
Underated - Carragher

Overated - Lampard

Top Lad
16th June '08, 04:50 PM
Who said that

pass me some of the zoot

Lol after the euros he was ... sorry blud its all gone :D

Clive Eboue
16th June '08, 04:59 PM

Mine are..

Kevin Nolan always got recognition until this season imo, he's turned into a more hard-working midfielder now I think, he used to bang in bare goals lol.

Underated - Carragher

Overated - Lampard

They're both overrated.

Xtra P
16th June '08, 05:02 PM
Kevin Nolan always got recognition until this season imo, he's turned into a more hard-working midfielder now I think, he used to bang in bare goals lol.

They're both overrated.

True but he's always been overlooked for England which makes him underated

Lady In Red
16th June '08, 05:04 PM
Micheal Carrick

kossa
16th June '08, 05:05 PM
peter crouch underated
stewart downing overated

Xtra P
16th June '08, 05:06 PM
Micheal Carrick

Underated???

He's an England international!

Clive Eboue
16th June '08, 05:09 PM
Underated???

He's an England international!

lmao.

Ransom
16th June '08, 05:11 PM
Cant believe you lot are rating Titus Bramble i was joking

SMH

kossa
16th June '08, 05:11 PM
carrick gets overlooked for england which pisses me off
he was one of our best players last season and we play worse when he aint playing

Top Lad
16th June '08, 05:12 PM
That Zarate kid for Birmingham ? looks class + hes good on fm200 so he HAS to be good :D

Top Lad
16th June '08, 05:12 PM
carrick gets overlooked for england which pisses me off
he was one of our best players last season and we play worse when he aint playing

Well hes not good enough to displace lampard/gerrard/hargreaves, people still rate him though.

Xtra P
16th June '08, 05:13 PM
peter crouch underated
stewart downing overated

No way, everyone knows Crouch is a shankers, Liverpool just can't promis him first team football due to the system they will be employin i.e Torres as there main striker with Gerrard as a support striker & Mascarano & Barry in the middle.

Xtra P
16th June '08, 05:14 PM
I'd gladly have Crouch at Arsenal.

Top Lad
16th June '08, 05:15 PM
I'd gladly have Crouch at Arsenal.

I wouldnt. All of our current strikers are as good or better than him.

kossa
16th June '08, 05:18 PM
for england gerard is a cert and he would bring more to the team than lampard so it would be between hargreaves,barry and hes on their level

Lady In Red
16th June '08, 05:18 PM
Well hes not good enough to displace lampard/gerrard/hargreaves, people still rate him though.

The day a manager comes along that has the guts to drop Lampard is day England might win something.

Top Lad
16th June '08, 05:19 PM
The day a manager comes along that has the guts to drop Lampard is day England might win something.

Yeh but he still scores for England more than any other midfielder.

Lady In Red
16th June '08, 05:19 PM
for england gerard is a cert and he would bring more to the team than lampard so it would be between hargreaves,barry and hes on their level

Barry goes missing when he is up against good opponents, this will get exposed if he moves to Liverpool. Carrick is better than Barry imo but not better than Gerrard or Hargreaves

Jay
16th June '08, 05:22 PM
Cant believe you lot are rating Titus Bramble i was joking

SMH

Titus Bramble is underated, everyone slates him when hes not as bad as everyone thinks, however his defensive partners at Newcastle were all shockingly bad. How many defenders can ping a ball 60 yards with pin point accuracy.

Overate are Rooney, Lampard, Hargeaves

Underated is Vidic (in relation to Ferdinand gets the accliam for everything when Vidic is alot better IMO), Hyppia (ive never really heard people praise the job hes done for Liverpool since he joined them way back)

Clive Eboue
16th June '08, 05:24 PM
Gerrard>>>Hargreaves>Carrick>>>>>>>>Barry.

Barry is nothing special, he just does things well. Allow 18million though - Darren Bent round 2 :laugh:

--

XtraP you would want Crouch at Arsenal?!?! :stunned:

Why?...

kossa
16th June '08, 05:25 PM
no other english midfielder is on gerards level but england will get better if they had hargreaves, barry or carrick alongside him
carrick is a much better passer the hargreaves

Hij
16th June '08, 05:27 PM
barry provides us with his free kick skills , the experience of being captain , corners so gerrard can get in the box
If will allow us to do alot trust me
I dont see much difference between him and carick tbh

Clive Eboue
no other english midfielder is on gerards level but england will get better if they had hargreaves, barry or carrick alongside him
carrick is a much better passer the hargreaves

That's true, but we need a scrapper. Someone to give Gerrard the freedom he needs to showcase his ability. Hargreaves on form would be a lot more beneficial to him than Carrick imo.

kossa
how can people say rooney is overated just because he dont score 20 plus a season

Xtra P

Barry is nothing special, he just does things well. Allow 18million though - Darren Bent round 2 :laugh:

--

Why?...

I don't particuly want him at Arsenal but he would be usful seen as he is a garanteed goal scorer for club & country.

Clive Eboue
16th June '08, 05:28 PM

--

Why?...

I don't particuly want him at Arsenal but he would be usful seen as he is a garanteed goal scorer for club & country.

Naaaaa allow even mentioning him in the same sentence as Arsenal! lol.

He's a good player but Adebayor and Bendtner>>>>>Lanky Deform boy

kossa
16th June '08, 05:29 PM
yeah true we need a scrapper just glad capello has realised this now when mclaren should have when he took over

Lady In Red
16th June '08, 05:29 PM
how can people say rooney is overated just because he dont score 20 plus a season

If you don't watch Rooney week-in week-out, I'd understand why people outside United circle think he's overated. What Rooney does goes beyond scoring goals and I guess you have to watch him regularly to see how good and adaptable he is.

Clive Eboue
16th June '08, 05:30 PM
If you don't watch Rooney week-in week-out, I'd understand why people outside United circle think he's overated. What Rooney does goes beyond scoring goals and I guess you have to watch him regularly to see how good and adaptable he is.

I think he's slightly overrated though, but that's just because he's English. His work rate is immense, he's a total team player.

kossa
16th June '08, 05:30 PM
he work rate is second to none just like dirk kuyt

Xtra P
16th June '08, 05:32 PM

Rooney is obviously a good player, he's just not a good as some people like to believe is is all im sayin!

He may do all this other wonderful stuff that only Man U fans can detect but at the end of the day he's still a striker who doesnt score much goals.

'nuum general
16th June '08, 06:33 PM
Underrated: Yobo, Bullard, Robbie Keane, Oojier.

Overrated: Carrick, Jenas

JACK YOU
16th June '08, 07:09 PM
Under rated - Makelele, Evra, Kranjcar, Owen, Heskey, Vidic. Cudicini (should be playing 1st team football for a top 5 club.)

Over rated - Nani, Downing, Cech, Kuyt.

The Messiah
16th June '08, 07:10 PM
Underrated: Yobo, Bullard, Robbie Keane, Oojier.

Overrated: Carrick, Jenas

Agree wholeheartedly with all the highlighted ones.

kossa
16th June '08, 07:31 PM
why is carrick overated

'nuum general
16th June '08, 07:37 PM
why is carrick overated

He's too one dimentional for a 16m midfielder.

kossa
16th June '08, 07:39 PM
the only reason people dont rate him is because he dont score enough

16th June '08, 07:43 PM
Under rated - Makelele, Evra, Kranjcar, Owen, Heskey, Vidic. Cudicini (should be playing 1st team football for a top 5 club.)

Over rated - Nani, Downing, Cech, Kuyt.

Makelele is rated really highly, and so is Vidic. Cech is a brilliant keeper and isn't overrated imo, and Kuyt is well known as a shit player. Owen and Heskey are also shit these days.

Nani is like the only one I agree with out of that lol

'nuum general
16th June '08, 07:45 PM
He doesn't score enough yet he's not good enough defensively to be considered a holding midfielder. Unless you've got the creativity & ability of xavi or pirlo its very hard to justify that sort of fee for a passing midfielder

Xtra P
16th June '08, 07:53 PM
Ricardo quaresma is grossly overrated IMO

Clive Eboue
16th June '08, 07:55 PM
Ricardo quaresma is grossly overrated IMO

Naaa lol he is inconsistent, but not overrated imo. It's because some games he will show how sick he is, then next week he will disappear.

--

Yobo and Bullard for underrated = .

Clive Eboue
16th June '08, 07:55 PM
After seeing Mario Gomez kick the ball off the ground directly above himself from 2 yards just a minute ago, I feel he's slightly overrated :D

Xtra P
16th June '08, 07:57 PM
Naaa lol he is inconsistent, but not overrated imo. It's because some games he will show how sick he is, then next week he will disappear.

--

Yobo and Bullard for underrated = .

I guess time will tell but I think he will be forgotton about in a few years unless theres a dramatic change in his attitude, I think his readin of the game is poor.

Clive Eboue
16th June '08, 07:58 PM
Quaresma is going Inter I heard. Dunno if that's just another Mourinho connection but I can see it happening.

I would personally love to see him play at Arsenal (no homes). Even though we don't need a right winger now really that desperately...

Eric Cantona
16th June '08, 08:30 PM
Nani ain't overated, he had a pretty crap season, he has potential though to be good.

Carrick cost 16 million becasue he is English, simple reason, you have to look past the price tag, he's actually class player, his passes are quality.

Clive Eboue
16th June '08, 08:38 PM
Nani ain't overated, he had a pretty crap season, he has potential though to be good.

Carrick cost 16 million becasue he is English, simple reason, you have to look past the price tag, he's actually class player, his passes are quality.

I agree about the price tag bit, but like Webstarr said he's too one-dimensional. He hasn't got enough versitility in his play imo.

To be a world-class central midfielder you need to be able to do everything, to me he only has the passing ability, even if it is good.

'nuum general
16th June '08, 08:38 PM

he's good, but he aint worth 16m hence he's overrated

GrimmyGrimGrim
16th June '08, 08:46 PM
Underated - Carragher

Overated - Lampard

lol at shamelessly jumping on hijs dick

Underated - Makelele, Robbie Keane, Paulo Ferreira

Overrated - Gerrard, Ferdinand

Eric Cantona
16th June '08, 08:50 PM
Ferdinand overrated :stunned:

The world is going mad.

GrimmyGrimGrim
16th June '08, 08:52 PM
Ferdinand overrated :stunned:

The world is going mad.

lets be 100% honest he aint that good

Grimes
16th June '08, 08:53 PM
sneijder

The Messiah
16th June '08, 08:57 PM

Underated - Makelele, Robbie Keane, Paulo Ferreira

Overrated - Gerrard, Ferdinand

Makelele and Robbie Keane get the praise they deserve. In the case of Makelele, how many other players get a position named after them?

Some of you don't get that the under-rated players section should be players that you wouldn't have necessarily though of. Most you guys have named thus far, are players that get recognition.

Gerrard and Ferdinand are not over-rated at all. I'd take them in a nano-second at Arsenal.

EDIT:

lets be 100% honest he aint that good

A Rio Ferdinand that concentrates for the entire game is easily the best English defender and one of the best in the world. He concentrated a lot more this season gone by, and it showed in his performances.

Clive Eboue
16th June '08, 09:01 PM
Ferdinand and Gerrard are not overrated lol.
Although Gerrard has a tendency to do fuck all some games then pop up and make one contribution and take all the credit. He's a bit of a scouse cunt as well let's be honest.

GrimmyGrimGrim
16th June '08, 09:06 PM
Makelele and Robbie Keane get the praise they deserve. In the case of Makelele, how many other players get a position named after them?

Some of you don't get that the under-rated players section should be players that you wouldn't have necessarily though of. Most you guys have named thus far, are players that get recognition.

Gerrard and Ferdinand are not over-rated at all. I'd take them in a nano-second at Arsenal.

lol i knew the Makelele comment would cause a reaction, i wasn't being serious.

I don't think Gerrard and Ferdinand are that good tbh, Gerrard does fuck all in big games and Ferdinand is a cunt.

my serious one would be:

Underrated: Lassana Diarra

Overrated: Mikel

The Messiah
16th June '08, 09:13 PM
lol i knew the Makelele comment would cause a reaction, i wasn't being serious.

I don't think Gerrard and Ferdinand are that good tbh, Gerrard does fuck all in big games and Ferdinand is a cunt.

my serious one would be:

Underrated: Lassana Diarra

Overrated: Mikel

Ferdinand being a cunt doesn't take away the fact he is a great player. Same for Cristiano Ronaldo.

From Chelsea, I think Saloman Kalou is underrated. Good player.

17th June '08, 12:32 AM
Cristiano Ronaldo is overrated imo.

Apart from his shooting (which I do rate really highly), he isn't really that special at anything else. He is good at passing, but as good at dribbling as everyone assumes; I've seen him try going on a run bare times, just to get tackled straight away. And lets be honest, most of his goals this season were tap-ins or penalties, although I'll admit some were brilliant and completely down to him.

Ar Piff
17th June '08, 12:44 AM
Cazim Richards

J J Okocha

Kevin Nolan

Ashley Young

^^ Dem Ones Dere

Xtra P
17th June '08, 01:15 AM
Cristiano Ronaldo is overrated imo.

Apart from his shooting (which I do rate really highly), he isn't really that special at anything else. He is good at passing, but as good at dribbling as everyone assumes; I've seen him try going on a run bare times, just to get tackled straight away. And lets be honest, most of his goals this season were tap-ins or penalties, although I'll admit some were brilliant and completely down to him.

I agree with certain points you made, his dribblin is definetly over rated, I cant rememeber Ronaldo ever goin past 4 or 5 players like how Henry did against Liverpool resultin in a goal.

vIlXwu4-zJU

17th June '08, 01:17 AM
I agree with certain points you made, his dribblin is definetly over rated, I cant rememeber Ronaldo ever goin past 4 or 5 players like how Henry did against Liverpool resultin in a goal.

vIlXwu4-zJU

Lool allow that video, he goes past like 2 players :laugh:

His goal against Man U will always be his best :D

Xtra P
17th June '08, 01:19 AM
He scored an almost identical goal against the spuds, I cant remember Ronaldo ever doin this..

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=3679045412&

Xtra P
17th June '08, 01:39 AM
Lool allow that video, he goes past like 2 players :laugh:

His goal against Man U will always be his best :D

He actually goes past 3 players, watch it again but I agree, his wonder goal against Manure was definetly his best :D

The Messiah
17th June '08, 02:49 AM

vIlXwu4-zJU

I thought you meant this Liverpool goal:

jCV6Verj0es

I remember my brother being in hysterics over this goal when it happened.

kossa
17th June '08, 07:46 AM
ronaldo isnt overated at all he scores alot of headers and has got plenty of skill and i bet by the time hes 27 he will have scored a few like that one of henrys against pool

Anonymous
17th June '08, 07:59 AM
You obviously remember all of Henry's goals fondly as you are an Arsenal fan.

Hij
17th June '08, 10:44 AM
Big up Neil Mellor while we're looking at different Arsenal videos
Fuck off last minute goal >>>>

8_8X6rsvJtM

Hij
17th June '08, 10:46 AM

He didnt quote me, or agree, he just put his own opinion forward.

Allow it.

Xtra P
17th June '08, 11:08 AM
I thought you meant this Liverpool goal:

jCV6Verj0es

I remember my brother being in hysterics over this goal when it happened.

Yeah that was a beauty!!!

Eric Cantona
17th June '08, 11:50 AM
I think every Man Utd player has been named in this thread as overated.

Stop hating, 2 consecutive league's say other wise to these players you think are overated.

Maybe if your team had a Rooney you would win an league as well.

Xtra P
17th June '08, 11:56 AM
If Rooney had been injured all season you still would have won the league.

Eric Cantona
17th June '08, 11:58 AM
We didn't lose a game when Rooney was playing last season, we lost a few when he weren't playing, so your wrong.

Xtra P
17th June '08, 12:12 PM
That is called a coincidence my friend.

Xtra P
17th June '08, 12:14 PM
Rooney did fuck all last season!

Eric Cantona
17th June '08, 12:17 PM
http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2008-w20/img.230097_t.jpg

He was a vital part in us winning the Champions League lol, leave it out, Emirates Cup soon come for you Arsenal fans

VectrA
17th June '08, 12:17 PM
Nemanja Vidic - Underated

Xtra P
17th June '08, 12:28 PM
http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2008-w20/img.230097_t.jpg

He was a vital part in us winning the Champions League lol, leave it out, Emirates Cup soon come for you Arsenal fans

Just face it, he's overated, the english media hype him up but no one outside of england gives a shit about Rooney FACT

'nuum general
17th June '08, 12:28 PM
Underrated: Kanu (portsmouth & arsenal fans)

Overrated: Kanu (west brom fans)

Jay
17th June '08, 12:31 PM
Underrated: Kanu (portsmouth & arsenal fans)

Overrated: Kanu (west brom fans)

lol we loved that guy, but we only ever got to see glimpses of what he could do, made him look better than he was

Jay
17th June '08, 12:31 PM
Just face it, he's overated, the english media hype him up but no one outside of england gives a shit about Rooney FACT

Eric Cantona
17th June '08, 12:32 PM

Why would i care what anyone outside of England thinks about Wayne Rooney? What does that matter? I smell Jelousy here.

Hij
17th June '08, 12:36 PM
Rooney better be fucking good for 30 million pounds.

Besides the fact he fucked up two tournaments for England despire being the 'saviour'

lmao

Eric Cantona
17th June '08, 12:38 PM
The cheek of Arsenal & Liverpool fans saying he's overated when he actually took apart both your teams this season.

Hij
17th June '08, 12:42 PM
The cheek of Arsenal & Liverpool fans saying he's overated when he actually took apart both your teams this season.
The cheek of you saying I said he was overrated. Im saying if he aint a good player for 30m then he must be really shit.

Read my post again ya blind guy.

Can I just add I love your songs about Scousers while Rooney is on the pitch, Irony is fantastic!

Top Lad
17th June '08, 12:44 PM
Rooney has the potential to take apart any team but the fact of the matter is that he is OVERRATED. Noones dispiuting his talent or workrate but hes not THAT good.

Xtra P
17th June '08, 12:48 PM
Why would i care what anyone outside of England thinks about Wayne Rooney? What does that matter? I smell Jelousy here.

If a player is overhyped in his native country but the rest of the world don't care that = overated

Is the penny startin to drop??

Hij
17th June '08, 12:52 PM
I'd take Drogba, Henry and Torres at their peak over Rooney.

All cost less.

In that sense, for the money he cost, hes over rated.

Xtra P
17th June '08, 12:56 PM
The fact that he's a striker who struggles to score goals tells you everythin you need to know, manure fans like to bleet on about him doin other stuff but he's a.. say it with me now... STRIKER

'nuum general
17th June '08, 12:59 PM
the thing with rooney is they pay 30m & get a top class player for 15 years. If they sell him they get there money back so it works in that sense

Clive Eboue
17th June '08, 12:59 PM
Wayne Rooney is a quality player.

He is NOT world-class like he is made out to be by the British media.

Hence he IS over-rated. It can't be jealousy if we're admitting he's a quality player you donut, but like Hij said he isn't the saviour he's made out to be.

Torres Ibrahimivic Drogba Villa Eto'o etc >>>>> Rooney

Xtra P
17th June '08, 01:01 PM
the thing with rooney is they pay 30m & get a top class player for 15 years. If they sell him they get there money back so it works in that sense

Who would buy Rooney for 30 mill at this point???

'nuum general
17th June '08, 01:02 PM
The fact that he's a striker who struggles to score goals tells you everythin you need to know, manure fans like to bleet on about him doin other stuff but he's a.. say it with me now... STRIKER

Rooney plays pretty deep for a striker, i don't see arsenal fans moaning about adebayor who scored 12 in 44 last season

edit: I probably would have bought him as, barring a serious injury, there was not a great deal of risk in signing him

Xtra P
17th June '08, 01:02 PM

Hence he IS over-rated. It can't be jealousy if we're admitting he's a quality player you donut, but like Hij said he isn't the saviour he's made out to be.

Nail.

VectrA
17th June '08, 01:03 PM

DROGBA!!!!!!!! HES SWAG SOME REBORE HENRY.. Some next kinda goal hanger atleast rooney gets back and defends

Xtra P
17th June '08, 01:08 PM
Rooney plays pretty deep for a striker, i don't see arsenal fans moaning about adebayor who scored 12 in 44 last season

edit: I probably would have bought him as, barring a serious injury, there was not a great deal of risk in signing him

You've lost me.. Adebayor came second in the prem top scorers with 24 goals & is now bein pursued by AC milan who have reportedly offred 30 mil.

Bad example

Xtra P
17th June '08, 01:10 PM
DROGBA!!!!!!!! HES SWAG SOME REBORE HENRY.. Some next kinda goal hanger atleast rooney gets back and defends

Come on now lets not lose the plot here

Drogba>>>>>>>>>Rooney

'nuum general
17th June '08, 01:10 PM
You've lost me.. Adebayor came second in the prem top scorers with 24 goals & is now bein pursued by AC milan who have reportedly offred 30 mil.

Bad example

my mistake, looking at stats from season before

Xtra P
17th June '08, 01:14 PM
Rooney wasnt even in the top ten prem goal scorers

Ronaldo Man Utd 31
Adebayor Arsenal 24
Torres Liverpool 24
Santa Cruz Blackburn 19
Berbatov Tottenham 15
Keane Tottenham 15
Benjani Man City 15
Yakubu Everton 15
Tevez Man Utd 14
Carew Aston Villa 13

Clive Eboue
17th June '08, 01:14 PM

Please don't reply in this thread again.

VectrA
17th June '08, 01:17 PM
Please don't reply in this thread again.

i stand by my comment

'nuum general
17th June '08, 01:19 PM
Rooney wasnt even in the top ten prem goal scorers

Ronaldo Man Utd 31
Adebayor Arsenal 24
Torres Liverpool 24
Santa Cruz Blackburn 19
Berbatov Tottenham 15
Keane Tottenham 15
Benjani Man City 15
Yakubu Everton 15
Tevez Man Utd 14
Carew Aston Villa 13

true, he had third highest assists though. His game is not as focussed on goalscoring as most forwards

Clive Eboue
17th June '08, 01:23 PM
i stand by my comment

If you think that Drogba is a goal-hanger and that Wayne Rooney is a better all-round player then... wow.

Xtra P
17th June '08, 01:27 PM
true, he had third highest assists though. His game is not as focussed on goalscoring as most forwards

He's not a very versatile player, when Fergie puts him on the wing(Barcelona game) he is completely lost.

His assists are the only thing that saves him, if he never had that he would be utterly useless

VectrA
17th June '08, 01:28 PM
If you think that Drogba is a goal-hanger and that Wayne Rooney is a better all-round player then... wow.

Rooney is better in midfield

Eric Cantona
17th June '08, 01:34 PM
Rooney ain't a striker, he's a playmaker, someone who works for the team, creates goals while scoring a fair amount. Just because you don't see him banging in goals everyweek don't mean he's overated, the thing Rooney is guilty of is not putting away one-on-one's and maybe passing too much instead of shooting, but hey, he's 22, he is still very young and he will only get better with age, 30 million was nothing for the player we got, he is England's future believe it or not. at 22 he has many major Tournements to play with England.

Wayne Rooney is one of the biggest names in world sport XtraP, please stop chatting shit about he ain't rated outside of the country.

I wouldn't swap Wayne Rooney for other player in the world right now except maybe Messi.

S.Man
17th June '08, 01:36 PM
Rooney is a good player but he aint world class.

On the previous pages bout taking it past ppl, it pains me to say this but one of the best goals i've seen by taking past a team is Ryan Giggs against Arsenal.

Also Ginolas goal against Barnsley in the FA Cup few years back was sick.

Id like to say carrick is over-rated but i hear equal amount ppl sayin the same as those sayin he is under-rated.

Arsenal wise...Alexandre Song is under-rated. True he aint the best player goin but he can play either defence or mid-field and still hold his weight. He just needs bit more confidence and some more experience in top flight.

Xtra P
17th June '08, 01:47 PM
Rooney ain't a striker, he's a playmaker, someone who works for the team, creates goals while scoring a fair amount. Just because you don't see him banging in goals everyweek don't mean he's overated, the thing Rooney is guilty of is not putting away one-on-one's and maybe passing too much instead of shooting, but hey, he's 22, he is still very young and he will only get better with age, 30 million was nothing for the player we got, he is England's future believe it or not. at 22 he has many major Tournements to play with England.

Wayne Rooney is one of the biggest names in world sport XtraP, please stop chatting shit about he ain't rated outside of the country.

I wouldn't swap Wayne Rooney for other player in the world right now except maybe Messi.

Thats because the english media over hype him, open your eyez bruh, he may turn out to be the great player you hope him to be but right now, he is not as good as you make him out to be, its as simple as that.

And he IS a striker..

Taken from the official Manure website

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h68/clusion7721/roon.jpg

Xtra P
17th June '08, 01:48 PM
Playmaker is not a position.. your totally lost maynee

The Messiah
17th June '08, 01:52 PM
Rooney is over-hyped within the UK. End of. He's an international name, but they the international media don't make him out to be as good as the British media do.

As for this playmaker/striker bollocks - he is a striker (or forward if you will). He should be banging in goals, as that is his job description. Assisting comes second and shouldn't take priority. So United fans stop making excuses. Rooney should have scored a lot more goals this season than he did.

Tony Starks
17th June '08, 02:04 PM
all the talk about rooney in this thread = real talk.
everytime he scores a goal its followed by "his first goal in nine months"...cum on!

oh yh and scholes giggs for the past two years have been sooo overated its funny.
commentators thinks it makes them look intelligent to say giggs and scholes are silent players...i remeber when they used to get ten goals each a season. there just any OAPs these days

JACK YOU
17th June '08, 02:15 PM
all the talk about rooney in this thread = real talk.
everytime he scores a goal its followed by "his first goal in nine months"...cum on!

oh yh and scholes giggs for the past two years have been sooo overated its funny.
commentators thinks it makes them look intelligent to say giggs and scholes are silent players...i remeber when they used to get ten goals each a season. there just any OAPs these days
Never that, Scholes is too under rated. Hes in my top 5 in the Prem.

Tony Starks
17th June '08, 02:19 PM
lol at scholes top 5 maybe 2000 times.
what does he do for united these days hes a good passer but playmaking tackling scoring...not really. due to his age he dosent go forward much and decensilvely hes too slow and not as strong to match the gerrards and essiens
all he has is experience.

Eagle
17th June '08, 02:27 PM
most of the hype players who get on adverts are over-rated

Adriano - swag, couldnt cut it in serie A
Ibrahimavic - 2 goals in euro 2008 dont make up for 5 years of swagness
Rooney - doesnt score enough
Raul - utter, utter gash. is only the top real madrid goal scorer ever as hes the only one whos stayed more than 2 yrs
Henry -1 performance against inter DOES NOT make you a big game player

Xtra P
17th June '08, 02:28 PM
I wouldnt even include players like scholes or Giggs in this post because they have already put in the years, they have both been great servants for Man U & its unfair to judge them on recent performances after all the work thay have put in.

Xtra P
17th June '08, 02:30 PM

Raul - utter, utter gash. is only the top real madrid goal scorer ever as hes the only one whos stayed more than 2 yrs

I disagree with the highlited names, the rest I agree with.

Eric Cantona
17th June '08, 02:30 PM
LOL at Raul being overated, well and truely lost. He's getting on now so he ain't the player he used to be, but in his day, he was class.

Look at his record and come back to me

Top Lad
17th June '08, 02:32 PM

LOL in the words of hij 'pass me the zoot'

Top Lad
17th June '08, 02:33 PM
LOL at Raul being overated, well and truely lost. He's getting on now so he ain't the player he used to be, but in his day, he was class.

Look at his record and come back to me

17th June '08, 02:38 PM
Martin Skrtel is underrated.

He has a great ability to make tackles, although he is prone to defensive errors.

Hyypia is also really underrated.

Imo he was our best defender last season, he is easily the most reliable and we always looked more comfortble when he was on the pitch.

Xtra P
17th June '08, 02:41 PM
Ibrahimavic is class, he's just lazy

SelenkyNizel
17th June '08, 02:41 PM
The only thing I reckon Rooney needs to add to his game is goals, then he'll be there.

Thing is last season everytime he went on a good run of goals this was halted by injury or suspension then he'd come back rusty and not score for a while.

English players in general are overrated tbh, their prices are overly high due to the fact dat real good english talent is jus not there.

The 1 player I hate though is Stewart Downing.
O yeah and Carragher.

Eagle
17th June '08, 02:43 PM
trust me, ive seen raul play a lot and he really isnt that good.

as for henry, if hes as good as you think, why has he never turned up for a big game?...why did he flop so badly at barca

as for underrated players:

carrick - cant believe pundits like eamon dunphy think he is shit and i cant believe people think barry is better than him

pires - in his day he was quality...still a cunt but utter quality

a fully fit ledley king - people dont realise the impact he makes when he is fit..i still hear people saying that if he wasnt injury prone he wouldnt make it into the england squad

RIP Jakey
17th June '08, 02:44 PM

Tony Starks
17th June '08, 02:45 PM

i cant think of any player who has performed better in premiership history.

Top Lad
17th June '08, 02:46 PM
trust me, ive seen raul play a lot and he really isnt that good.

as for henry, if hes as good as you think, why has he never turned up for a big game?...why did he flop so badly at barca

Inter milan ... real madrid .... juve ... his goal against brazil for france ?

So what if the man missed 1 chance against Barcelona ? The faster you accept that Henry was a great player the better becuase i cant be fucked stating the obvious to retards.

Eric Cantona
17th June '08, 02:47 PM

Some people on here have short memory's or are just real dumb shits.

Jay
17th June '08, 02:50 PM
How can anyone say Henry is overated lol Barca have either not started him or stuck him out on the wing. Then you look at his assists and goals to start ratio and its still world class. Spanish fans are notriously harsh on players. This is how you know Raul in his hay day was a world class player, Real Madrid fans wouldn't see him as some sort of god if he was shit.

Eagle
17th June '08, 02:52 PM

roy keane, alan shearer, ryan giggs, patrick vieria, peter schmichiel, ...........

Top Lad
17th June '08, 02:53 PM
roy keane, alan shearer, ryan giggs, patrick vieria, peter schmichiel, ...........

LOL fuck off. We're talking about Henry and your comparing him to those !?

If you want to compare him the only people who might be in his league were the likes of Bergkamp and Zola.

Alan Shearer ? LOL

Tony Starks
17th June '08, 03:00 PM
are you fucking stuuuupid.
schmeichel!...giggs? is this some sort of sick joke!

Eagle
17th June '08, 04:50 PM
yeah, we are talking henry and im comparing him to those

the premier league didnt begin in 2002 dumbass

Top Lad
17th June '08, 05:49 PM
yeah, we are talking henry and im comparing him to those

the premier league didnt begin in 2002 dumbass

The moment you said Shearer and Vieira performed better than Henry was when you lost the little credibility that you had left

kossa
17th June '08, 06:04 PM
anyone who says shearer is overated is full of shit and knows nothing about football

Top Lad
17th June '08, 06:42 PM
anyone who says shearer is overated is full of shit and knows nothing about football

Hes not on fucking Henry's level, when did i say hes overrated ?

The Messiah
17th June '08, 06:55 PM
Hes not on fucking Henry's level, when did i say hes overrated ?

To be fair, if there is any striker who could claim to be on Henry's level, it could only be Shearer.

Top Lad
17th June '08, 06:58 PM
To be fair, if there is any striker who could claim to be on Henry's level, it could only be Shearer.

As a goalscorer, he was great. You cant judge a striker on just his goals though and henry provided countless assists and had increcible skill, more so than Shearer.

Jae Dave
18th June '08, 01:01 AM
despite being a United fan, i'm beginning to think W. Rooney is overrated!

as for underrated...i'd say P. Evra them burstin runs down the left were sublime last season, he should be 1st choice left-back for France but isn't.

Eric Cantona
18th June '08, 01:02 AM
If your really a Man Utd fan you make me sick.

Xtra P
18th June '08, 01:08 AM

as for underrated...i'd say P. Evra them burstin runs down the left were sublime last season, he should be 1st choice left-back for France but isn't.

WOW! An honest Man U fan, now ive seen it all lol nah on a reals tho I respect your honesty

The Messiah
18th June '08, 01:22 AM
As a goalscorer, he was great. You cant judge a striker on just his goals though and henry provided countless assists and had increcible skill, more so than Shearer.

Agreed, but the goals are your bread and butter, and Shearer has stats that are comparable to Henry.

Evra isn't underrated. United and Arsenal fans are all in agreement that Abidal shouldn't be first choice left-back. However, naturally we all think our own left-back is the better choice. Evra is a good player. I just prefer Clichy.

18th June '08, 03:36 PM
The fact that no one's mentioned Robbie Fowler proves that he's underrated.

At least by the non Liverpool fans anyway...

Hij
18th June '08, 03:43 PM
The fact that no one's mentioned Robbie Fowler proves that he's underrated.

At least by the non Liverpool fans anyway...

Probably because he doesnt play any more lol (at least not much and has been injured).

Respect him for the David Seamen penalty when he said it never was.
Answering the cocaine jibes.
His support for the Dockers.
4 minute Hat Trick against Arsenal
FA Cup, Uefa Cup, League Cup and a Champs League Runners Up Medal

Like Carragher, someone who could just appear in the Kop and would fit in with the rest, and hes now one of the richest footballers behind Beckham.

Legend.

Quality Control
18th June '08, 03:46 PM
danny murphy?

Hij
18th June '08, 03:47 PM
danny murphy?
Never really hit the heights.

Some great penalties against the Mancs back when we could beat them.

Quality Control
18th June '08, 03:48 PM
i mean this season... i might be thinking of someone else but he played well didn't he???

GrimePays
18th June '08, 03:50 PM
park park park

GrimePays
18th June '08, 03:51 PM
Rooney = an AM playing upfront

18th June '08, 04:26 PM
Carragher was underrated when he was at his height.

His performance in the Champions Legue Final in 2005 was the best performance I've ever seen from a defender and probably from a player.

That season he was miles better than Terry, but since he didn't play for Chelsea or Man U no one cared about him.

Xtra P
18th June '08, 04:27 PM

I agree, Rooney hasnt got what it takes to be a striker!

kossa
18th June '08, 04:44 PM
richard dunne is underated

Eric Cantona
18th June '08, 05:00 PM
Rooney ain't an AM, he's a forward, like an Teddy Sherigham or Cantona type player, he plays off the front man and comes back into the midfield to help them.

The Messiah
18th June '08, 05:18 PM

Stop making excuses. He doesn't have the vision to make the passes an AM needs to make. He is a forward/SS.

'nuum general
18th June '08, 06:28 PM
Stop making excuses. He doesn't have the vision to make the passes an AM needs to make. He is a forward/SS.

I would say its the other way round, i think he has the vision but lacks the passing ability.

RIP Jakey
18th June '08, 06:31 PM
Probably because he doesnt play any more lol (at least not much and has been injured).

Respect him for the David Seamen penalty when he said it never was.
Answering the cocaine jibes.
His support for the Dockers.
4 minute Hat Trick against Arsenal
FA Cup, Uefa Cup, League Cup and a Champs League Runners Up Medal

Like Carragher, someone who could just appear in the Kop and would fit in with the rest, and hes now one of the richest footballers behind Beckham.

Legend.

No-one can underate him he was class.

danny murphy?

i mean this season... i might be thinking of someone else but he played well didn't he???

Danny Murphy played really well for Fulham this year, I liked him a L'Pool as well

kossa
18th June '08, 06:42 PM
all this anti wanye rooney shit is bollocks

Xtra P
18th June '08, 06:56 PM
wanye rooney is bollocks

C/S

Eric Cantona
18th June '08, 07:07 PM
XtraP Fabregas is only player on Rooney's level playing for Arsenal, how can you say he's bollocks.

kossa
18th June '08, 07:08 PM
i dont give a fuck what you edit but everyone on here would have rooney in the team they support

Xtra P
18th June '08, 08:25 PM
XtraP Fabregas is only player on Rooney's level playing for Arsenal, how can you say he's bollocks.

I was just playin, couldn't resist the word manipulation opportunity, Rooney is a good player, no one can deny that, he's just not world class!

Xtra P
18th June '08, 08:26 PM
i dont give a fuck what you edit but everyone on here would have rooney in the team they support

Ummm no!

I wouldnt have Rooney in my team still.

Xtra P
18th June '08, 08:27 PM

lol@that whole sentence

Hij
18th June '08, 08:28 PM
I couldn't have an ex Bitter and current Manc in my team

Hij
18th June '08, 08:28 PM
They have the best right back in the league ? lol

Xtra P
18th June '08, 08:36 PM
The only players i'd have from united are Ferdinand to play along side Toure, Ronaldo to replace Hleb & Hargreaves to replace Flamini! I'd have Rooney but he would be on the bench still, he wouldnt start over Adebeyor or Van Persie

'nuum general
18th June '08, 08:38 PM
The only players i'd have from united are Ferdinand to play along side Toure, Ronaldo to replace Hleb & Hargreaves to replace Flamini! I'd have Rooney but he wouldnt start over Adebeyor or Van Persie!

would you play van persie on the left & rooney up front with adebayor?

RIP Jakey
18th June '08, 08:39 PM
The only players i'd have from united are Ferdinand to play along side Toure, Ronaldo to replace Hleb & Hargreaves to replace Flamini! I'd have Rooney but he would be on the bench still, he wouldnt start over Adebeyor or Van Persie

Nah I'd have rooney and he'd start but he is over hyped, people go on like he's the best player ever.

Xtra P
18th June '08, 08:40 PM
would you play van persie on the left & rooney up front with adebayor?

Nah, i'd have Nasri on the left, & have Van Persie up with Adebeyor

Xtra P
18th June '08, 08:41 PM
Nah I'd have rooney and he'd start but he is over hyped, people go on like he's the best player ever.

Rooney as a sub>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RIP Jakey
18th June '08, 08:42 PM
richard dunne is underated

Good defender, I'd have him at Arsenal

'nuum general
18th June '08, 08:50 PM
dunne got a lot of praise this season

Xtra P
18th June '08, 08:52 PM
Dunne is unnaturally pacey for a man of his size, i'd have him at the Emirates still!

Eric Cantona
18th June '08, 08:53 PM
XtraP the problem you got is you like your players too much, you as an Arsenal fan wouldn't have Rooney in your team over Van Persie & Adebayor, ask neutral fans and they would have Rooney over them two.

Xtra P
18th June '08, 09:00 PM
XtraP the problem you got is you like your players too much, you as an Arsenal fan wouldn't have Rooney in your team over Van Persie & Adebayor, ask neutral fans and they would have Rooney over them two.

Its interestin you say that because i'd accuse you of exactly the same thing!

Sidenote: The grimeforum skin has just completely changed, has it for anyone else??

Hij
18th June '08, 09:01 PM
Yeah, its the RWD one (named FWD)

Eric Cantona
18th June '08, 09:02 PM
I rate my players alot becasue i've just seen them win the League 2 times on the trot and an Champions League, i have reason.

Hij
18th June '08, 09:03 PM
I rate my players alot becasue i've just seen them win the League 2 times on the trot and an Champions League, i have reason.

Fuck off, stop reminding me, its summer! :D

Xtra P
18th June '08, 09:03 PM
Yeah, its the RWD one (named FWD)

Skeen, just had to make sure before I sprinkled my pc with holy water.

Mr Hype
5th November '14, 08:31 PM
@Slinkee

Block19
6th November '14, 12:53 PM
Modric