PDA

View Full Version : Fuck man Arsenal should go for Podolski.

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 07:25 PM
Granted Germany lost today but again he scored and it was a beauty.

adidasgrandad
12th June '08, 07:27 PM
it was a good finish. done it the other day as well. arsenal need someone like that. you have style (eduardo, adebayor) you need a predator lol

Alfie
12th June '08, 07:29 PM
it was a good finish. done it the other day as well. arsenal need someone like that. you have style (eduardo, adebayor) you need a predator lol

Rvp is more style and Ade is more predator i'd say.

adidasgrandad
12th June '08, 07:32 PM
Rvp is more style and Ade is more predator i'd say.

oh yeah forgot about him. hes always injured and hes a bit of a puff. hes sick though

Tony Starks
12th June '08, 07:34 PM
podolski goes on the maddest droughts and loss of form.
van persie when fit>>>>>>>>>>>

Cooks
12th June '08, 07:35 PM

nail

Alfie
12th June '08, 07:35 PM
oh yeah forgot about him. hes always injured and hes a bit of a puff. hes sick though

Yeh the expectation was huge after this in pre season:
1ZN7IQAE6Nw

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 07:39 PM
But Bayern don't really utilize him do they?
To be honest I haven't seen much of how he plays for Bayern.

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 07:42 PM
http://footylatest.com/news/news.php?extend.774

The Messiah
12th June '08, 07:43 PM

The only other (available) strikers I have eyes for are Villa and Eto'o.

adidasgrandad
12th June '08, 07:43 PM

The only other (available) strikers I have eyes for are Villa and Eto'o.

never happening unless its a trade.

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 07:46 PM
Villa is possible he has said he fancies Arsenal over any other English team and he wants to play in the premiership.
I found that link though, Wenger is looking at Podolski, I never knew Van Persie was thinking of leaving.
And I think Ade may leave too.

The Messiah
12th June '08, 07:54 PM
never happening unless its a trade.

Agreed-ish.

Villa is possible he has said he fancies Arsenal over any other English team and he wants to play in the premiership.
I found that link though, Wenger is looking at Podolski, I never knew Van Persie was thinking of leaving.

If Van Persie or Adebayoor leave we should get enough money from either one of those sales to prise away Villa.

Thus I am not fussd. The Adebayor talk is all his agent and REd and White holdings stirring. As for Van Persie, the first I've heard of it is when you mentioned it above. He's not going anywhere. Even if he does leave, he's only played 20 games in the past two years. We've coped without him.

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 07:59 PM
Agreed-ish.

If Van Persie or Adebayoor leave we should get enough money from either one of those sales to prise away Villa.

Thus I am not fussd. The Adebayor talk is all his agent and REd and White holdings stirring. As for Van Persie, the first I've heard of it is when you mentioned it above. He's not going anywhere. Even if he does leave, he's only played 20 games in the past two years. We've coped without him.

Good point ^^^ which is why I'm suprised he has the nerve to demand a pay rise tbh he hasn't played enough.

Hij
12th June '08, 08:00 PM
Lacey starts one of these about a player in the Euros daily.

We signed Diao and Diouf off the back of the world cup :D

adidasgrandad
12th June '08, 08:00 PM

loads of people have said they 'fancy' a team. means fuck all to be honest. i swear every player says that just to force a payrise out of their current club

Agreed-ish.

haha if any more of your key players leave this is gonna be a funny season

adidasgrandad
12th June '08, 08:01 PM
Lacey starts one of these about a player in the Euros daily.

We signed Diao and Diouf off the back of the world cup :D

they. were. shite.

The Messiah
12th June '08, 08:07 PM
Good point ^^^ which is why I'm suprised he has the nerve to demand a pay rise tbh he hasn't played enough.

Exactly. It's all agent talk.

loads of people have said they 'fancy' a team. means fuck all to be honest. i swear every player says that just to force a payrise out of their current club

haha if any more of your key players leave this is gonna be a funny season

Only Flamini has left so far. We've already got Hleb's replacement and any club who wants to get Van Persie or Adebayoor needs to offer some serious money to take them. That money will go on a replacement.

Both the decent men, one has already publicly said he will be an Arsenal player next year. I'm not worried in the slightest.

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 08:08 PM
Hij don't try it lol I made this thread only to find out wenger is already interested (no purchase) and then the thread about Frings which is Arsenal news and me being an Arsenal fan I figured I should post the story. Asides that the David Villa shit has being going on for ages. All my other transfer related posts have been about players at other teams to be honest oh and Hleb.

adidasgrandad
12th June '08, 08:09 PM

Only Flamini has left so far. We've already got Hleb's replacement and any club who wants to get Van Persie or Adebayoor needs to offer some serious money to take them. That money will go on a replacement.

Both the decent men, one has already publicly said he will be an Arsenal player next year. I'm not worried in the slightest.

whose hlebs replacement?and whose flaminis replacement?

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 08:09 PM
And I wouldn't lose any sleep if Ade or Van Persie left, as long as we had the funds for a decent replacement as Messiah said.

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 08:10 PM

Nasri >>> Hleb.

The Messiah
12th June '08, 08:12 PM

Nasri >>> Hleb.

I never said we had a replacement for Flamini. Arsenal fans are still debating if we really need one.

adidasgrandad
12th June '08, 08:12 PM

I never said we had a replacement for Flamini. Arsenal fans are still debating if we really need one.

i know you didnt lol im just wondering who its gonna be. has gilberto left?

Alfie
12th June '08, 08:13 PM

Nasri for Pleb, no Flamini replacement as yet.

adidasgrandad
12th June '08, 08:13 PM
Nasri >>> Hleb.

hes meant to be good. we'll see.

you need to start buying some established players.

The Messiah
12th June '08, 08:14 PM
i know you didnt lol im just wondering who its gonna be. has gilberto left?

Nope. General vibe is that he wants to stay. It's about whether Wenger still wants to use him enough. I reckon he'll stay but won't be playing 40 games a season.

Eric Cantona
12th June '08, 08:15 PM
Arsenal won't get any of these players you are talking about, they will sign some 15 year old Nigerian and his twin brother.

The Messiah
12th June '08, 08:15 PM
hes meant to be good. we'll see.

you need to start buying some established players.

We've never really done that tbh and we've been okay. Nasri is an international for France. Wenger would argue that you can't get anymore established than that.

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 08:19 PM
Ideally I'd love our midfield to be ....

Fabregas,Nasri,Yaya,Ribery.

adidasgrandad
12th June '08, 08:20 PM
Nope. General vibe is that he wants to stay. It's about whether Wenger still wants to use him enough. I reckon he'll stay but won't be playing 40 games a season.

well if you aint gonna buy a replacement just keep gilberto hes more than capable i cant believe how often he got overlooked. his positioning and midfield play in front of the defence is sick.

We've never really done that tbh and we've been okay. Nasri is an international for France. Wenger would argue that you can't get anymore established than that.

theres a reason you havent won anything big lately. Not enough experience

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 08:21 PM
Although tbh like anonymous has been saying Denilson should be a lot.

The Messiah
12th June '08, 08:21 PM
Ideally I'd love our midfield to be ....

Fabregas,Nasri,Yaya,Ribery.

If we have Fabregas and Nasri playing together then we can only be playing 4-5-1/4-4-1-1/4-3-3

I think we aren't going to see many 4-4-2 lineups from The Arsenal for a while.

The Messiah
12th June '08, 08:24 PM
well if you aint gonna buy a replacement just keep gilberto hes more than capable i cant believe how often he got overlooked. his positioning and midfield play in front of the defence is sick.
I agree.

theres a reason you havent won anything big lately. Not enough experience

But that's not from not buying players, that's from getting rid of players who we could have kept. e.g. Pires, Henry, Vieira etc.

Yes, they were getting past it (except Pires who wasn't and selling him was a mistake IMO) but their experience is what Arsenal have lacked. Not play X coming in from Spain or Player Y from Italy.

Clive Eboue
12th June '08, 08:24 PM
We won't see any changes to our strikeforce this summer unless Wenger has a change of heart. He said like a month ago on Arsenal.com he wants to give Theo and Nik their chances up front.

Apparently asking £5mil and Yaya for Hleb. Yes please.

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 08:25 PM
If we have Fabregas and Nasri playing together then we can only be playing 4-5-1/4-4-1-1/4-3-3

I think we aren't going to see many 4-4-2 lineups from The Arsenal for a while.

Yeah I was just thinking this after I posted it lol.
I keep forgetting about Walcott he should do a lot this season.

adidasgrandad
12th June '08, 08:25 PM
I agree.

But that's not from not buying players, that's from getting rid of players who we could have kept. e.g. Pires, Henry, Vieira etc.

Yes, they were getting past it (except Pires who wasn't and selling him was a mistake IMO) but their experience is what Arsenal have lacked. Not play X coming in from Spain or Player Y from Italy.

exactly. should have kept them then. even it was just for strength in depth

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 08:27 PM
We won't see any changes to our strikeforce this summer unless Wenger has a change of heart. He said like a month ago on Arsenal.com he wants to give Theo and Nik their chances up front.

Apparently asking £5mil and Yaya for Hleb. Yes please.

Fuck Nik, why play him when we'll have Vela, Eduardo, Van Persie?
I mean on the slim chance we lost Ade and Persie Wenger would obviously replace them with star strikers to play their roles.

Yaya would be a great signing but I don't think Barca are stupid.

adidasgrandad
12th June '08, 08:29 PM
bendters good still. who the fuck is vela?

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 08:31 PM
Bendtner is fucking garbage imo.

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 08:31 PM

Carlos Vela, Mexican striker we've had him a while but had him on loan in Spain now he has been granted his work permit he is coming to the Emirates.

Eric Cantona
12th June '08, 08:32 PM
Vela should be real class player for Arsenal soonish.

Should being key word, heard he's a real beast though.

Clive Eboue
12th June '08, 08:33 PM
Bendtner is fucking garbage imo.

You serious?!

I think he offers us something different and has bags of potential, world class potentially imo.

Carlos Vela is a showerman though.

The Messiah
12th June '08, 08:33 PM
Fuck Nik, why play him when we'll have Vela, Eduardo, Van Persie?
I mean on the slim chance we lost Ade and Persie Wenger would obviously replace them with star strikers to play their roles.

Yaya would be a great signing but I don't think Barca are stupid.

Toure isn't one of the new managers must keeps... We talked about this ages ago. 5 mill + Hleb for Toure is what we are asking for, remians to be seen if they offer it. A swap deal is definitely on the cards though.

As for Nicolas, I think he'll come good. He's showing a lot more promise than Aliadiere did and he's scored some important goals too.

adidasgrandad
12th June '08, 08:34 PM
Carlos Vela, Mexican striker we've had him a while but had him on loan in Spain now he has been granted his work permit he is coming to the Emirates.

oh yeah i heard about him a while back. hes meant to be a bit special. he'll probably play in the carling cup then lol

The Messiah
12th June '08, 08:35 PM

An Arsenal legend and he hasn't even worn the shirt yet:

Speaking about the move of fellow Mexican Giovanni dos Santos to Spurs Carlos Vela said: "I hope things go well for him at Tottenham. He is a very good player and let's hope he can then move on to a better team."

Clive Eboue
12th June '08, 08:36 PM

Speaking about the move of fellow Mexican Giovanni dos Santos to Spurs Carlos Vela said: "I hope things go well for him at Tottenham. He is a very good player and let's hope he can then move on to a better team."

Dun know my sig lol.

Carlos Vela>>>>>>>

adidasgrandad
12th June '08, 08:39 PM
aliadiere used to be quite promising. saw him play once in a reserve match and the speed that he can run with the ball..oh my days he tore the defence apart..but he never seems to let himself go in the premiership so hes just a bit shit

Eric Cantona
12th June '08, 08:45 PM
lmao at Bendter having world class potential.

Clive Eboue
12th June '08, 08:47 PM

Bruv, believe me. He's still only 19... (maybe 20 now).

The Messiah
12th June '08, 08:50 PM

Football Manager don't lie... :D

I wouldn't go as far as saying World Class. Depends on what kinda season he has next tbh. But he does a decent job wheneve he comes on.

'nuum general
12th June '08, 08:54 PM
bendter offers arsenal someone who can hold the ball up, they lack that at the moment. He's big & has good footwork. I think he'll suprise a few people next season

Mister Lacey
12th June '08, 08:55 PM
Still don't like him, don't think he is on Arsenals level as yet.

Clive Eboue
12th June '08, 08:59 PM
Really and truly though if we have a fully fit strike force then we have so much versitility.

Eduardo - poacher
Adebayor - flair
RVP - techinque/ability to produce the unexpected
Bendtner - hold up play/ heading

Bendtner's heading ability >>>>

adidasgrandad
12th June '08, 09:04 PM
hes got good close control, can hold the ball up, good in the air, got a good touch...he aint world class but he's alright

The Messiah
12th June '08, 09:04 PM
Really and truly though if we have a fully fit strike force then we have so much versitility.

Eduardo - poacher
Adebayor - flair

Don't forget the pace of Walcott and Vela. Wenger wants to bring Vela straight into the first team squad, and he's said he sees him as more of a forward than a winger.

Clive Eboue
12th June '08, 09:05 PM
Don't forget the pace of Walcott and Vela. Wenger wasn't to bring Vela straight into the first team squad, and he's said he sees him as more of a forward than a winger.

Exactly lol.

Do you think Wenger should have gone in for Dos Santos btw Messiah?

The Messiah
12th June '08, 09:07 PM
Exactly lol.

Do you think Wenger should have gone in for Dos Santos btw Messiah?

Barca didn't want him and Spurs did. That tells me all I need to know...

Clive Eboue
12th June '08, 09:09 PM
Barca didn't want him and Spurs did. That tells me all I need to know...

LOL. Fair point.

Still think we need a proper left winger though... Ben Arfa deal seems to have fizzled out lol. Unless they're waiting until after the Euro...

The Messiah
12th June '08, 09:12 PM
LOL. Fair point.

Still think we need a proper left winger though... Ben Arfa deal seems to have fizzled out lol. Unless they're waiting until after the Euro...

I think we need a right winger more than we need a lefty tbh.

As we keep going back to, we need the two footed Ljungberg/Pires player who can play on either wing.

Clive Eboue
12th June '08, 09:16 PM
I think we need a right winger more than we need a lefty tbh.

As we keep going back to, we need the two footed Ljungberg/Pires player who can play on either wing.

We need Pires' goal factor as well. Man used to get 10-15 a season, we need that now. Our whole midfield combined don't score that in a season!

But Theo is improving on the right wing.

If there is a god he will break Eboue's leg during the Emirates cup...

Tony Starks
12th June '08, 10:38 PM

We need Pires' goal factor as well. Man used to get 10-15 a season, we need that now. Our whole midfield combined don't score that in a season!

But Theo is improving on the right wing.

If there is a god he will break Eboue's leg during the Emirates cup...
if god dont...i will!
Bendtner is not the arsenal levels as lacey said.

Clive Eboue
12th June '08, 10:46 PM
if god dont...i will!
Bendtner is not the arsenal levels as lacey said.

Haha, please do!!

Trust he will be, you will see one day :D all of you!

Jae Dave
13th June '08, 02:50 AM
if the Arse get rid of Adebayor, u're gonna need some1 like Villa or Podolski then again Podolski is a left footed striker The Gunners have Van Persie already so...i dunno!

Cooks
13th June '08, 03:00 AM
Podolski is good but inconsistent and injury prone.

Xtra P
13th June '08, 04:13 PM

Is a predator!

Toure isn't one of the new managers must keeps... We talked about this ages ago. 5 mill + Hleb for Toure is what we are asking for, remians to be seen if they offer it. A swap deal is definitely on the cards though.

As for Nicolas, I think he'll come good. He's showing a lot more promise than Aliadiere did and he's scored some important goals too.

:laugh:

Great quote, vela has the Arsenal spirit, he should do well in the derbys

aliadiere used to be quite promising. saw him play once in a reserve match and the speed that he can run with the ball..oh my days he tore the defence apart..but he never seems to let himself go in the premiership so hes just a bit shit

He's done well for borough to be fair.

Eduardo - poacher
Adebayor - flair

Nail

adidasgrandad
13th June '08, 04:32 PM
i never saw eduardo as a poacher. more reminds me of bergkamp. hes hardly a paocher like, say, van nistelrooy

Grimes
13th June '08, 04:33 PM
Adebayor is a skillful drogba

The Messiah
13th June '08, 04:38 PM
i never saw eduardo as a poacher. more reminds me of bergkamp. hes hardly a paocher like, say, van nistelrooy

Who were you watching this season?

Eduardo's finishing >>>>>>> Any other Arsenal player.

Xtra P
13th June '08, 04:39 PM

He hasnt had enough time to show what he can really do due to his hoffiric injury but from what ive seen of him he's a natural finisher, you have to remember Wenger played him on the wing more time but whenever he has half a chance in the box he burys it, thats a poacher!

Top Lad
13th June '08, 04:43 PM
He hasnt had enough time to show what he can really do due to his hoffiric injury but from what ive seen of him he's a natural finisher, you have to remember Wenger played him on the wing more time but whenever he has half a chance in the box he burys it, thats a poacher!

adidasgrandad
13th June '08, 04:58 PM
Who were you watching this season?

Eduardo's finishing >>>>>>> Any other Arsenal player.

i thought a poacher was someone who waited around the penalty spot and 6 yard area "poaching" goals. most of the goals iv seen from him have been him playing off the defenders shoulder.

i never said he wasnt a good finisher

RIP Jakey
17th June '08, 02:40 PM
It says in the Sunday Mirror if Arsenal lose Adebayor or Hleb they'll go for Podolski.

Mister Lacey
18th June '08, 08:02 AM
It says in the Sunday Mirror if Arsenal lose Adebayor or Hleb they'll go for Podolski.

Maybe Arsenal fear losing Van Persie to Inter?

kossa
18th June '08, 08:11 AM
that is one player you dont want to lose

Grimes
18th June '08, 08:37 AM
arsenal come like corpse with vultures picking the remains

Hij
18th June '08, 09:57 AM
arsenal come like corpse with vultures picking the remains
They'll be there or thereabouts next season though.

Cooks
18th June '08, 10:18 AM
They'll be there or thereabouts next season though.

I reckon in years time they will fade into the background and then all of sudden come back with their youth systems.

Eric Cantona
18th June '08, 11:12 AM
Germany forward Lukas Podolski has revealed he is tempted by an approach from Tottenham Hotspur.

Podolski, who has struggled to cement a place in the Bayern starting line-up during his first two seasons at the club told the Kölner Express: “I have been informed of the interest from other clubs. That is very interesting for me.”

The 23 year old was limited to being third choice striker last season behind Bundesliga leading scorer Luca Toni and Miroslav Klose and with Bayern reportedly flirting with a move for Mario Gomez, competition for places at the Allianz Arena could be about to hot up even more.

According to reports Spurs have already made an offer of €20 million for Podolski. With Dimitar Berbatov not guaranteed to stay in North London, Poldi could well be being lined up as a direct replacement.
Turin giants Juventus are also reported as being very close to making an official approach.

Podolski joined Bayern after the 2006 World Cup and has made 98 Bundesliga appearances for the Bavarians scoring 31 goals in the process.
For the national team he has scored 28 goals in 51 games.

GOAL.COM

The Messiah
18th June '08, 12:17 PM
Typical Tottenham. I don't worry about these stories becasue it's a well known fact that there are a lot of Spurs fans in teh sports media and two, most players of these calibre expect to be playing Champions League football.

Anyone who knows the English league knows that in the off-chance that Spurs do get CL in one season, it's unlikely they'll be able to cope with the added fixtures and qualify agian the next.

Strife
22nd July '12, 03:04 PM
4 years later.........

out there
22nd July '12, 04:28 PM
lols

MoneyMan
22nd July '12, 04:32 PM
You serious?!

I think he offers us something different and has bags of potential, world class potentially imo.

Carlos Vela is a showerman though.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Bendter in World XI with Andy Carroll and Franny Jeffers on the bench 2k13 SNM

Nigel
22nd July '12, 04:35 PM
Clive Eboue itt haha

Brisboy84
22nd July '12, 04:36 PM
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Bendter in World XI with Andy Carroll and Franny Jeffers on the bench 2k13 SNM

:laugh::laugh: Franny Jeffers you know.. "the fox in the box" :dead:

I'm glad Vela has gone. Another one of those that was bigged up by Wenger but ultimately couldn't deliver. One more from the deadwood gone.

EDIT: Oops, wrong thread :pinkface:

Clive Eboue
22nd July '12, 11:03 PM
Bendtner would start for Liverpool though :laugh::laugh:

The Messiah
25th July '12, 10:57 AM
Anyone who knows the English league knows that in the off-chance that Spurs do get CL in one season, it's unlikely they'll be able to cope with the added fixtures and qualify agian the next.

What did he say?

:laugh:

Tony Starks
26th July '12, 12:28 PM
And both statements remain true 4 years later