PDA

View Full Version : Inside Sport: Can England Win The World Cup?

The Don
6th October '10, 03:31 PM
anyone see this before motd2 sunday?

was a good watch even if it was telling us predominantly stuff we already know, what do you man think of it all? whether its in regards to your own experiences at youth level or whether or not the homegrown rule will actually help etc?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00v8sj8/Inside_Sport_Can_England_Win_the_Next_World_Cup/ for those who missed it

Pristine Condition
6th October '10, 03:51 PM
Simply no .... would of answered this.

I caught the last 15mins on Sunday

Switch
6th October '10, 04:38 PM
was a good watch, fuck the FA for letting it get to this, the grass roots level should have been looked at and fixed decades ago, also changing grass roots is one thing but they are going to need a lot better coaches than the typical ones that are knocking about and little kids shouldn't play on full sized 11 a-side football pitches it dos teach them anything much apart from hit and run.

V.I.PERSTAR
6th October '10, 04:40 PM
Yeah I watched it and it was very interesting however England winning the World Cup? No unless they get the right balance and they can maintain it for a long time.

The Don
6th October '10, 05:14 PM
i'm coaching atm and one of the more difficult things is definitely keeping it competetive (and therefore keeping kids interested) whilst maintaining the emphasis on technique

The Messiah
6th October '10, 06:08 PM
Just watched it.

Learnt nothing new but to sum it up:

Train youngsters how Arsenal train theirs, based on technical ability
Get coaches to go abroad to learn different ways of management
Winter break

Switch
6th October '10, 06:10 PM
i'm coaching atm and one of the more difficult things is definitely keeping it competetive (and therefore keeping kids interested) whilst maintaining the emphasis on techniquesounds good, hope you do well, what age group are you coaching?

The Don
6th October '10, 06:36 PM
sounds good, hope you do well, what age group are you coaching?

i'm doing community work with arsenal so mainly kids from 9-15 in schools and soccer schools round north

this year i'm doing the 1st two points messiah mentioned lol

Switch
6th October '10, 06:50 PM
i'm doing community work with arsenal so mainly kids from 9-15 in schools and soccer schools round north

this year i'm doing the 1st two points messiah mentioned lolnice, truly sounds great and like i said before i hope you do very well with what you're doing.

MyLord
6th October '10, 09:53 PM
O YH. i was gonna make a thread about this. i saw the last 15-20 mins of it and it looked interesting. the best part for me was mourinhos speech at the end.
something about:

''england can win if they come together. the doctor, lawyer, bar man, nurse, coach etc''

lol

it was good doe

Flawless
6th October '10, 10:43 PM
For England to improve & get quality players coming through regularly LOTS of things need to be done but first & foremost:

A Rule stating you have to have X amount of English players in your squad on a matchday

An X amount of English players in your 25 man squad

Grass Roots system needs to be scrapped & started again

The Messiah
7th October '10, 03:42 AM
For England to improve & get quality players coming through regularly LOTS of things need to be done but first & foremost:

A Rule stating you have to have X amount of English players in your squad on a matchday

An X amount of English players in your 25 man squad

Grass Roots system needs to be scrapped & started again

*Sigh*

No.

Regardless of the fact that it breaks EU law to have a bias to nationality (note that the "homegrown rule" started this season is not biased to nationality), why would a decent team make their squad worse by having English players? Because at the end of the day that's exactly what you are doing, if you enforce such a rule. The Premier League will subsequently be less competitive and shit for it.

Besides, England were winning loads of World Cups in the 70s and 80s when 80-90% of the league was English weren't they? :dozey:

If you really want to force teams to help English players, then set up a rule where they must have a "graduation quota" from their youth teams (i.e. 18 year olds) where players must be:
A) Living within a 50 mile radius
B) Must have trained with the club for at least 3 years.

Secondly - train them like Arsenal. Wilshere would not be the player he is now if he was at any other club during his youth. Fact.

Mr. Jefferies
7th October '10, 05:25 AM
At the end of the day, you're all fucking wrong.

Pristine Condition
7th October '10, 11:20 AM
Lol at train them like the Arsenal. Some bullshit comment, sorry

Like Arsenal have been producing these World Class players every season, who transform the team to title (cup) winners

Switch
7th October '10, 07:01 PM

Like Arsenal have been producing these World Class players every season, who transform the team to title (cup) winners:dozey:

Train them like arsenal as in focus on technique and a football education, instead of brawn/physique and speed

Flawless
7th October '10, 11:38 PM
*Sigh*

No.
Regardless of the fact that it breaks EU law to have a bias to nationality (note that the "homegrown rule" started this season is not biased to nationality), why would a decent team make their squad worse by having English players? Because at the end of the day that's exactly what you are doing, if you enforce such a rule. The Premier League will subsequently be less competitive and shit for it.

Besides, England were winning loads of World Cups in the 70s and 80s when 80-90% of the league was English weren't they? :dozey:

If you really want to force teams to help English players, then set up a rule where they must have a "graduation quota" from their youth teams (i.e. 18 year olds) where players must be:
A) Living within a 50 mile radius
B) Must have trained with the club for at least 3 years.

Secondly - train them like Arsenal. Wilshere would not be the player he is now if he was at any other club during his youth. Fact.
Yes it could but if the F.A want the national team to get better a rule like that has to be implemented because bottom line is there arent enough players too choose from, take the 2 teams who finished top 2 and there 1st elevens how many english players 5 maybe 6 7 out of 22 nowhere near enough never mind a team like Arsenal who have put out a full team of non english players

Eric Cantona
7th October '10, 11:45 PM
Arsenal >>>>

Pristine Condition
8th October '10, 12:40 AM
:dozey:

Train them like arsenal as in focus on technique and a football education, instead of brawn/physique and speed

:laugh:

The Messiah
8th October '10, 06:40 PM

Like Arsenal have been producing these World Class players every season, who transform the team to title (cup) winners

Unnecessary dig.

:dozey:

:laugh:

To steal a quote, the Arsenal youngers have got more technical ability than your mum giving head.

If a baseball player teaches a classroom of kids how to throw a ball fast and accurately, not all of them will be good at it. Those who do take to it though will be very good.

Yes it could but if the F.A want the national team to get better a rule like that has to be implemented because bottom line is there arent enough players too choose from, take the 2 teams who finished top 2 and there 1st elevens how many english players 5 maybe 6 7 out of 22 nowhere near enough never mind a team like Arsenal who have put out a full team of non english players

There aren't enough to choose from because they aren't good enough that's the bottom line. If they were, then surely the top teams would want them and play them. United shell out on English players when they are good enough. Arsenal don't pay up, simply because it's cheaper to train a youngster or buy an equivalent foreigner, a philosophy which I completely agree with.

At the end of the day, no club has a duty, to do anything for the national side. They have their own vested interests in being competitive for the season and generating income. Neither should they. They are a separate entity in the Premier League. It's the FAs job to ensure youngsters are trained up in the national interests, they can ask for the help of clubs in training them - and that would be the way to go - rather than enforcing how a team should be managed.

quality
8th October '10, 06:58 PM
It's not really professional clubs that are the problem, as the standard is genuinely ok at most academies. The problem is Sunday league on full pitches, with pub man dads screaming get stuck in or don't fanny about with it.

Hij
8th October '10, 07:17 PM
No, as the World Cup just happened and we were nowhere near

The Don
8th October '10, 07:40 PM
futsal for youngers >>>

snm