PDA

View Full Version : Fabio Capello confirms he will quit after Euro 2012

BIGDON
8th September '10, 11:27 PM
Fabio Capello has confirmed that he will step down as England manager after the 2012 European Championships.

The Italian officially took charge of the Three Lions in January 2008, on an agreement originally scheduled to run for two-and-half years.

Initial success, which saw England canter through their 2010 World Cup qualification campaign, saw his stock rise and he was handed a contract extension ahead of this summer's showpiece in South Africa.

However, having flopped badly in that tournament, many felt the Football Association were wrong to hand him fresh terms before such an important event.

Capello has started to repair the damage done at the World Cup by making a bright start to Euro 2012 qualification, but the jury remains out for many.

The 64-year-old is not going anywhere any time soon, though, as he fully intends to see out his contract.

Pristine Condition
8th September '10, 11:31 PM
Can get someone lined up from now tbh and get them to co-work with Stuart Pearce. A lot of them youngers will be coming through in 2 years

Jay05
8th September '10, 11:35 PM
This was always the case.

There is no obvious candidate for the England job. Hodgson will be favourite if he has a good 2012 at Liverpool.

I LOVE GRIME
8th September '10, 11:50 PM
its harry thats who will get it

Mazer Rackham
9th September '10, 12:41 AM
lol

Hij
9th September '10, 01:15 AM
Who really cares?

Capello is a top manager in the world and even he can't cut it with England, but the press paint him out like some retard who doesn't know what he's doing despite being one of the most respected managers world over.

Xenophobic English media at work again- I've not seen the papers this week but I presume he's a genius for 'masterminding' 2 victories over two countries that shouldn't really be lacing the English player boots.

Whoever is manager, the players will ultimately be 80% shit

Tony Starks
9th September '10, 01:42 AM
The problems are and will remain to be:

Overated and overhyped players in the england squad
The selfish and unorganised nature of the FA
The unbearable pressure from the media
The below par youth setup in the country

Kartel
9th September '10, 02:29 AM
Who really cares?

Capello is a top manager in the world and even he can't cut it with England, but the press paint him out like some retard who doesn't know what he's doing despite being one of the most respected managers world over.

Xenophobic English media at work again- I've not seen the papers this week but I presume he's a genius for 'masterminding' 2 victories over two countries that shouldn't really be lacing the English player boots.

i was that saying before he went to the world cup, how you gonna go with the exact same team and expect to do any better. How is it that he puts Hart as no1 keeper after the world cup when he was easily the best english keeper in the league last year.

And yeah the papers have been gassing, some of the shit the commentators were saying about Gerrard when he was nearly useless in the Switzerland game smh

nortside
9th September '10, 03:25 AM
Who really cares?

couldn't of put it any better myself

quality
9th September '10, 09:34 AM
If Pearce gets it, England really are doomed.

Hij
9th September '10, 10:35 AM
i was that saying before he went to the world cup, how you gonna go with the exact same team and expect to do any better. How is it that he puts Hart as no1 keeper after the world cup when he was easily the best english keeper in the league last year.

And yeah the papers have been gassing, some of the shit the commentators were saying about Gerrard when he was nearly useless in the Switzerland game smh

Didn't really watch the Switzerland game but I swear Stevie got an assist?

There's more to football than the first 11 but yeah I hear what your saying.

Fazer_123
18th September '10, 04:46 PM
Capello is not bad but not too good.