PDA

View Full Version : The problems with Arsenal discussion thread

Jack Man Everyday Blatant
16th August '10, 03:42 PM
Firstly i reckon our main problem is the goal keeper, looking at the Liverpool goal yesterday i can't see how its gone in, it was near post and Almunia should've at least given it away for a corner. Aside from the goal i noticed he was hopeless at dealing with crosses and corners coming into the box and yesterday wasn't the first time either

After the keeper we need at least two more centre backs. Imagine if Koscielny had been injured who do we have to replace him. Its either we put Song at CB or put Gibbs on the right and move Sagna into CB and both aren't really strong possibilities long term.

I reckon if we sort these two major problems out we're in with a genuine chance of winning the league otherwise i cant see us going past 3rd tbh

Hickory Dickory
16th August '10, 03:43 PM
Arsene said the goalkeeper who starts against Blackpool will be number 1

hopefully its mannone.

Jack Man Everyday Blatant
16th August '10, 03:49 PM

hopefully its mannone.

I thought we'd be getting Schwarzer?

Tony Starks
16th August '10, 04:08 PM
If we don't get Schwarzer, realistically we can only fight for 3rd or 4th place at best

Hij
16th August '10, 04:08 PM
Say what you want about N'Gog but that was a difficult save to make for a goal keeper.

Almost identical to this goal
9MizVgzQrj0

daspecimen
16th August '10, 04:23 PM
the goalkeepers

the defensive line ie they play too high up and our centre halves are not the quickest and the full backs get exposed and refuse to clear their lines enough. the goal yesterday shows this and clichy is the main culprit.

the lack of numbers, and quality defensively.

wenger said whoever started at anfield would be number 1 and that was based on what he saw durinf pre season.

Clive Eboue
16th August '10, 04:47 PM
Won't even talk about keepers because it makes me sick.

Would personally like to see Gibbs drafted in for a bit when he's fully fit, Clichy hasn't really adapted to our new formation from last year. He's gone from being (in my opinion) the second best left back in the world, behind Evra at the time, to being a distinctly nonchalant player who could easily get dropped.

Arshavin is winding me up the lazy cunt, sell him. He doesn't contribute a lot.

Centre-backs are a pirority, if not we will struggle for Top 4 this year, Liverpool's poor blunt attack made our defence look a lot sturdier than it actually is.

NaiJaBoY
16th August '10, 05:49 PM

hopefully its mannone.
He said that about the liverpool game

Entity
16th August '10, 05:54 PM
If Wenger fails to buy a keeper, thats remarkable

talkingthehardest
16th August '10, 06:11 PM
I think we need a keeper and centre-back. Personally, I wouldn't really want Schwarzer because I think he's too old. At 37, he's only got around 2-3 more seasons left. Shay Given would be a better option. As for the centre-back, we need a solid player who is capable of covering for Koscielny & Vermaelen. I also think we need another goal-scorer up top. Maybe Carlton Cole or Rodallega.

Alter E-ghost
16th August '10, 09:25 PM
smh

why do you make threads about things people have been discussing in other threads alot already

is it so people accept you and think wow that guy knows whats real?

do you seek approval from your internet peers?

you act like what you say is original but its just recycled and made into a thread so you can maybe get c/s'ed a few times and maybe some rep

allow it

quality
16th August '10, 10:04 PM
If City won't sell us Bellamy, can't see them selling Given to Arsenal. I can't believe Almunia has lasted as long as he has, don't even think he got a game in Spain?

Switch
16th August '10, 11:30 PM
If City won't sell us Bellamy, can't see them selling Given to Arsenal. I can't believe Almunia has lasted as long as he has, don't even think he got a game in Spain?he was second choise keeper for celta de vigo when they were in division just below la liga, makes you wonder why we even wasted any money on him at all, i bet he couldn't believe his luck when he heard the news.

I think we need a keeper and centre-back. Personally, I wouldn't really want Schwarzer because I think he's too old. At 37, he's only got around 2-3 more seasons left. Shay Given would be a better option. As for the centre-back, we need a solid player who is capable of covering for Koscielny & Vermaelen. I also think we need another goal-scorer up top. Maybe Carlton Cole or Rodallega.the whole point getting schwartzer is for the short term until chesney is read, even though i really would prefer given, centre backs i also agree on we definitly need at least one more and for goal scorers Carlton Cole or Rodallega are not good enough plus carlton cole always injured and that's one thing we can do without.

Won't even talk about keepers because it makes me sick.

Would personally like to see Gibbs drafted in for a bit when he's fully fit, Clichy hasn't really adapted to our new formation from last year. He's gone from being (in my opinion) the second best left back in the world, behind Evra at the time, to being a distinctly nonchalant player who could easily get dropped.

Arshavin is winding me up the lazy cunt, sell him. He doesn't contribute a lot.

Centre-backs are a pirority, if not we will struggle for Top 4 this year, Liverpool's poor blunt attack made our defence look a lot sturdier than it actually is.clichy does seem to be going backwards, he doesn't seem anywhere near as fast or tenacious as he used to be. tbh i don't know whats wrong with arshavin but he shouldn't be starting because simply doesn't deserve to give carlos a run on games to see what he can do when he has a good period of time on the pitch over consecutive games instead of here and there.

'nuum general
16th August '10, 11:32 PM
Schwarzer aint that good anyway, he used to make loads of mistakes when he was at boro

Clive Eboue
16th August '10, 11:43 PM
I'll take Schwarzer for two seasons, he is still 10 times better than Almunia.

Switch
16th August '10, 11:48 PM
I'll take Schwarzer for two seasons, he is still 10 times better than Almunia..

its a piss take that arsene let it get this bad, he got fans talking about carlton coles and rodellegas (sp?) like they're any good to us.

quality
16th August '10, 11:49 PM
If Man City and Arsenal could swap a few players around they'd be pretty much perfect. Arsenal get a keeper and a DM, City some of Arsenal's tiny number 10s.

V.I.PERSTAR
16th August '10, 11:56 PM
Another factor could be the lack of money Wenger has at his disposal. Without the cash they can't really build up a squad that can genuinely beat United, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real etc.
The lack of success in recent years aint helping aswell no big names are interested in Arsenal whereas before they'd consider moving. This season is a make or break one for Wenger despite him signing a 3 year extension.

Switch
17th August '10, 12:06 AM
Another factor could be the lack of money Wenger has at his disposal. Without the cash they can't really build up a squad that can genuinely beat United, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real etc.
The lack of success in recent years aint helping aswell no big names are interested in Arsenal whereas before they'd consider moving. This season is a make or break one for Wenger despite him signing a 3 year extension.true say but over the last few season they've announced how much money we are raking in and how large amount that wenger has available to spend, yet he doesn't and they joke thing is that once some of these youngster become very good they will opt to leave to win things because arsene isn't buying the essential players need to challenge for numerous titles, he's been doing it for years now, someone really needs to point this out to arsene, everyone seems to see it apart from him.

talkingthehardest
17th August '10, 12:12 AM
I think alot of big names would still be interested in Arsenal, just to play with the likes of RVP and Fabregas, and of course, because of our history, style of play & Arsene Wenger himself.

Yh agreed that Cole & Rodellega aren't exactly proven goalscorers but I think they'd offer us alot. With regards to centre-backs, I think we could raid Man City for them aswell. Perhaps Richards or Onuoha?

nortside
17th August '10, 12:16 AM
one problem we have is our full backs, watch a proper quality fb and you'll see the difference, clichy and sagna are clueless going forward and full backs are an important part of footy these days, with the central areas so congested you need your full backs to be an outlet

Switch
17th August '10, 12:30 AM
I think alot of big names would still be interested in Arsenal, just to play with the likes of RVP and Fabregas, and of course, because of our history, style of play & Arsene Wenger himself.

Yh agreed that Cole & Rodellega aren't exactly proven goalscorers but I think they'd offer us alot. With regards to centre-backs, I think we could raid Man City for them aswell. Perhaps Richards or Onuoha?tbh we really need bodys at the back with good experiance and currently I wouldn't say no to richards or onuoha.

one problem we have is our full backs, watch a proper quality fb and you'll see the difference, clichy and sagna are clueless going forward and full backs are an important part of footy these days, with the central areas so congested you need your full backs to be an outletclichy used to be a don at going forward now gibbs looks a lot better at it since gibbs seems to know what he wants/needs to do and against lesser teams i think eboue should play since he is a hell of a lot better than sagna at going forward and causing a bit of havoc.

GoodFella
17th August '10, 12:35 AM
Schwarzer is shit imo

'nuum general
17th August '10, 12:33 PM
Add to it the money from Toure & Adebayor

On the subject or Carlton Cole, he is not good enough for a top team. He averages a goal every 9 shots which is quite poor.

talkingthehardest
17th August '10, 01:02 PM
I think we do have the money. It's just Arsene Wenger's stubborn transfer policy, however I agree to the extent that the majority of players have inflated and over-priced valuations.

Yh I think the wing-backs are certainly an issue. I feel wing-backs should be capable of scoring goals, similar to that of Glen Johnson or Gareth Bale for example. Compare that to Clichy and Sagna - they've only scored one goal each for Arsenal.

nortside
17th August '10, 11:57 PM
tbh we really need bodys at the back with good experiance and currently I wouldn't say no to richards or onuoha.

clichy used to be a don at going forward now gibbs looks a lot better at it since gibbs seems to know what he wants/needs to do and against lesser teams i think eboue should play since he is a hell of a lot better than sagna at going forward and causing a bit of havoc.

fully agree, sick and tired of shit lofted crosses, need to go back to sharp 1-2s and cut backs

Mark
18th August '10, 12:33 AM

Yh agreed that Cole & Rodellega aren't exactly proven goalscorers but I think they'd offer us alot. With regards to centre-backs, I think we could raid Man City for them aswell. Perhaps Richards or Onuoha?

onuoha is on loan to sunderland. Also I think using Theo Walcott more would improve the team

Naruto
18th August '10, 01:52 AM
If wenger doesn't buy a keeper i'm going to support west ham.

quality
18th August '10, 08:24 AM
Yeah because their keeper is flawless.

Genetically Genuine
18th August '10, 09:38 AM
I've said this before and I'll say it again, in our glory days of the invincibles our tempo was fast we would be at the other end of the pitch in seconds, now we have too many ball hoggers and our tempo is too slow giving teams too much time to organise themselves against us.

Bish
18th August '10, 12:25 PM
nasri had knee surgery today and will be out for a month

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/nasri-undergoes-minor-surgery-on-his-knee?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+arsenal-news+(News+Feed)

akash123
18th August '10, 12:47 PM
nasri had knee surgery today and will be out for a month

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/nasri-undergoes-minor-surgery-on-his-knee?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+arsenal-news+(News+Feed)

Wtf da season jus started

Bish
18th August '10, 01:03 PM
its ok though coz wen he comes back he will be like a new signing

Tony Starks
18th August '10, 01:07 PM
spot on^

We stay winning!

RIP Jakey
18th August '10, 01:16 PM
fucks sake, Nasri's a key player for us this year