PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool V Arsenal Match Discussion

BIGDON
13th August '10, 12:42 PM
Thoughts on the game?

Facts and figures for Liverpool's Premier League clash with Arsenal at Anfield.

Andrei Arshavin has scored five goals from just six shots on target in two trips to Anfield in the PremierLeague.

The only previous time Liverpool have played a ‘Big Four' side on the opening day was against Chelsea in 2003, when they lost 2-1 at Anfield.

Arsenal have won eight of their last nine opening day fixtures, with the first league game at the Emirates in 2006 being the exception (1-1 v Aston Villa.)

In their last three opening weekend fixtures that have been scheduled away from home, Arsenal have scored a total of 14 goals.

Liverpool have won only three of their last 18 Premier League games against Arsenal.

The Gunners are unbeaten in their last three Premier League matches at Anfield.

Arsenal haven't won a league away game where the opposition wasn't down to 10-men since January.

Liverpool v Arsenal has seen more hat-tricks (5) than any other fixture in Premier League history.

Arsenal have conceded four goals in three of their last five visits to Anfield in all competitions.

Sir Kippington
13th August '10, 12:47 PM
I hate them fact things..like when your playing some team who aint beat you in 20years at home..the commentator keeps gassing about it, then they end up spinning you over smh..cant call it till i see the squads

'nuum general
13th August '10, 12:57 PM
Tough to call, Arsenal have more quality going forward but at the same time don't look that strong at the back. Likely to be a bit cagey with it being first game of the season.

Bish
13th August '10, 12:59 PM
we have 6 or 7 players injured

Hij
13th August '10, 01:00 PM
I hate them fact things..like when your playing some team who aint beat you in 20years at home..the commentator keeps gassing about it, then they end up spinning you over smh..cant call it till i see the squads

lmao that is the realest talk

nortside
13th August '10, 01:04 PM
I'd be happy to take a draw from this, a liverpool team under new managment and j cole looking to prove himself means a team that's gonna be super amped up.

Just hope we can get scwharzer by then

M.O.G.
13th August '10, 01:05 PM
The only previous time Liverpool have played a ‘Big Four' side on the opening day was against Chelsea in 2003, when they lost 2-1 at Anfield.

I wish they'd stop saying "big four" there is no longer a big four ffs.
And if they mean the top 4 placed teams then they got the stat wrong, we played spurs on the opening day last season.
Stats mean nothing anyway, this isnt baseball

Tony Starks
13th August '10, 01:33 PM
If we could get three points I'd be so happz. No van persie and no fab it dosent look too good tho. Liverpool have a lot of positives and we haven't.

daspecimen
13th August '10, 02:09 PM
If we could get three points I'd be so happz. No van persie and no fab it dosent look too good tho. Liverpool have a lot of positives and we haven't.

i would imagine they will be in the squad, just not starting. RVP/Chamakh is gonna be an interesting combo this year.

Wonder whether RVP will play the inside right foward role like he used to for holland and Chamakh will star centrally or if they will both be used in various games centrally or if we will switch between 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1

Skeptical
13th August '10, 04:14 PM
hope Liverpool win this

BIGDON
13th August '10, 09:56 PM
Fernando Torres could feature against Arsenal on Sunday despite not playing any part in Liverpool's pre-season preparations.

Eric Cantona
14th August '10, 12:08 AM
What are the odds on Liverpool? I fancy them to win

Hij
14th August '10, 12:09 AM
noooooooooooooooooo
oh noes
dont say that mate we will lose now

MyLord
16th August '10, 12:01 AM
Arsenal were bloody lucky.

when will we beat them?

S.Man
16th August '10, 11:03 AM
Overall, it was a pretty entertaining game marred by some inconsistent choices by the referee. Cole''s tackle although dangerous, was not malicious. There was no need to charge down and lunge deep in Arsenal''s half let alone at that point in the match. Koscielny''s handball was accidental and didnt warrant a booking offence, especially as it was his 2nd with 2mins to go. It was a sloppy pass in Arsenal''s half which gifted L''Pool the goal. Almunia is stil partly to blame due to his positioning. Although with a shot struck with such ferocity it is hard to say if any other keeper could of done better. Reina is one of the best keepers in the premiership and it was a mistake. Something that should be easily forgiven n forgotton due to his credentials. Arsenal on the otherhand will never win the league with an average keeper. It should be top priority now to replace that number1 shirt. None of our keepers inspire confidence at the back. Every break, corner, chance we look nervous because the gk''s cannot be trusted. Overall a good performance considering L''pool''s defensive stance in the 2nd half. More opportunities needed to be created rather than same ol'' pass pass pass pass with no end product. Hopefully when our full squad is readily available we stand a great chance of some silverware this season.