PDA

View Full Version : Poulsen Joins The Reds!

M.O.G.
12th August '10, 09:55 AM
http://assets.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/copy_%283%29_of_christian_poulson_4.jpg

Liverpool FC are delighted to confirm the signing of Christian Poulsen after the midfielder put pen to paper on a three-year deal.

The 30-year-old, who has been capped 77 times by Denmark, arrives from Italian giants Juventus and will wear the No.28 shirt.

Poulsen has previously worked with Roy Hodgson at FC Copenhagen, where he was given his first big break by the current Reds boss.

RIP Jakey
12th August '10, 10:00 AM
I like Poulson good signing, does that mean Masch is gone?

M.O.G.
12th August '10, 10:06 AM
I like Poulson good signing, does that mean Masch is gone?

Yeah, this probably signals the end of Masch...shame but if his heart aint at the club we dont want him anyway.

Keyser Söze
12th August '10, 10:13 AM
What does this mean for aquilani ?

Sir Kippington
12th August '10, 11:46 AM
This guy is a good signing..how much did we pay?...
he is one of them win by any means type players...
will become a figure of hate amongst opposition fans

Aqua is will be ok..this guy is more defensive minded

Hij
12th August '10, 11:51 AM
Kipo covered the Aqua bit.

That means Mascherano is on his way out.

I wonder if my post about Poulsen, Figareoua and Crouch is gonna come true. Admittedly this is the easiest one of the lot though.

Sir Kippington
12th August '10, 11:58 AM
From the Echo

LIVERPOOL midfielder Javier Mascherano insists he has no problem with the club but just fancies a change of lifestyle.

The 26-year-old has made no secret of his wish to leave Anfield, with Inter Milan and Barcelona reportedly interested in acquiring his services.

But Mascherano revealed he has no issue with the Merseyside club – he just wants a new challenge.

Speaking after Argentina’s 1-0 win over Republic of Ireland, he said: “The only thing I want to say is I don’t have nothing against the Liverpool supporters, the Liverpool people.

“My problem is not to play for Liverpool. I’m very proud to play for Liverpool. It’s another thing.

“I said to him (new Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson) that maybe for my life I prefer to change the country, not to change the club – that is the fact.

“Sometimes you can see all the things that the papers or the press say, but at the end the only thing I can say is thank you to everyone in Liverpool because they supported me all the time, from the beginning until now.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/08/12/masch-no-problem-with-reds-100252-27048869/?

Hij
12th August '10, 12:09 PM
To be fair, Argentina to Liverpool is a culture shock.

ghett0
12th August '10, 12:14 PM
He just wants to go chill in the sun somewhere, doubt Barca will buy him, and Inter will only buy him once they get the money from the Balotelli deal

Sir Kippington
12th August '10, 12:19 PM
The Shitty Daily mails 10 things to know about Poulsen

Christian Poulsen has moved to Anfield in a deal worth £4.5m from Italian giants Juventus, becoming Roy Hodgson's third summer signing.
The Denmark international has spent the last two years in Serie A having moved there from Sevilla in Spain.
History tells us the 30-year-old never shirks a challenge. He is well versed in the dark arts and has been known to get into a fair share of scraps. He's even riled Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti during a Champions League match at the San Siro.
Here Sportsmail tells you 10 things you need to know about Liverpool's new enforcer, Christian Poulsen...
Was originally an attacking midfielder until he left Denmark to join Schalke in 2002. He had scored 10 goals in 45 games for FC Copenhagen
Announced himself to the world with a man of the match performance against France during the 2002 World Cup. Poulsen marked legend Zinedine Zidane out of the game as the Danes eliminated Les Bleus, and his absence through suspension was sorely felt in the second round defeat to England
His transfer fees total £14m
Was the first player to be named Danish Player of the Year for two consecutive years after winning the award in both 2005 and 2006. Also won the Danish Under-21 award in 2001.

Won the UEFA Cup with Sevilla in 2007, after they beat Espanyol on penalties in the Final after a 2-2 draw.
In the 2004 European Championships, television replays showed that Italian forward Francesco Totti had spat on Poulsen during a match. Totti received a three-match ban and was forced to issue a public apology, though he claimed he was provoked repeatedly the Dane during the match.

After Schalke drew 2-2 against AC Milan in the 2005/06 Champions League, Carlo Ancelotti branded Poulsen 'a coward', alleging that the midfielder had kicked out at star man Kaka off the ball.
A further spat ensued at the end of the second leg with Milan. With Milan victorious, Gennaro Gattuso confronted and taunted Poulsen about the result. The Dane responded by saying that he found Gattuso childish and hoped he felt embarrassed for himself.
In June 2007 during a Euro 2008 qualifier Poulsen was again involved in cotroversy after he punched Swedish striker Markus Rosenberg in the stomach with the game locked a 3-3 in the last minute. Poulsen's was red carded and a penalty was given. However after an angry Danish fan ran on the pitch and attempted to kick referee Herbert Fandel, the game was abandoned and Sweden awarded a 3-0 victory. Poulsen made a public apology for his actions and was suspended for three matches.
Following the Sweden match charges were pressed against Poulsen for the punch on Rosenberg. Danish Minister of Justice Lene Espersen called for Poulsen's exclusion from the national team, though the case was eventually dismissed and Poulsen was free to be called up again.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1302417/Liverpool-new-boy-Christian-Poulsen-The-man-Carlo-Ancelotti-called-coward-.html?#ixzz0wODqgI1G

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1302417/Liverpool-new-boy-Christian-Poulsen-The-man-Carlo-Ancelotti-called-coward-.html?#ixzz0wODJw6x2

MyLord
12th August '10, 05:29 PM
good signing. hopefully will see him against the gooners

hes done good. let him go

Sir Kippington
12th August '10, 06:37 PM
Will be a favourite on the Kop if he is a wind up merchant as suggested

will get bear man sent off

http://iddaacanli.info/wp-content/uploads/poulsen.jpg

http://www.corriere.it/Hermes%20Foto/2004/06_Giugno/16/0HZEL6RA--550x300.jpg

Karate

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9f/Portugal_2-3_Denmark,_Poulsen_vs._Danny.jpg/975px-Portugal_2-3_Denmark,_Poulsen_vs._Danny.jpg

Keyser Söze
20th August '10, 09:17 AM
What does this mean for aquilani ?

Aqua is will be ok..this guy is more defensive minded

Kipo covered the Aqua bit.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/6324483/Aquilani-set-for-Italy-loan-return

Sure he did :dozey:

Gary_LFC
20th August '10, 12:15 PM
he's loaning out aqualini for a season so he can get first team football and prove he is still good enough to have a future at Anfield the same for voronin a few seasons back when he went to the Bundesliga at Hertha. if he actually does any better than voronin though when he is back though is a different story.

makes sense i guess, no space for him with poulsen, lucas, mascherano and gerrard all playing in the middle positions. could be different next season when mascherano will probably gone for sure, assuming he is staying now which is getting likely by each day.

Keyser Söze
20th August '10, 12:26 PM
he's loaning out aqualini for a season so he can get first team football and prove he is still good enough to have a future at Anfield the same for voronin a few seasons back when he went to the Bundesliga at Hertha. if he actually does any better than voronin though when he is back though is a different story.

"It would certainly be what he needs, it would certainly protect the value of the player and when he does return to Liverpool no doubt we will see the Aquilani that we signed before he came here injured last year."

Yeah thats what Hodgson said.

It was a shame that when he joined he had a rough time with injury problems.

Gary_LFC
20th August '10, 12:39 PM
Aqualini was always injury-prone though apparently. Was a risky signing by Rafa for 20mil given that and to be honest it hasn't really paid off.

Eagle
20th August '10, 12:40 PM
supposedly aqualani is lazy in training and has a poor attitude.

Jay
20th August '10, 12:44 PM
Always thought Aqualani was a knee jerk transfer. Lost Alonso, needed to buy someone so the fans wouldn't get on there back. Dropped a clanger.

'nuum general
20th August '10, 12:55 PM
Always thought Aqualani was a knee jerk transfer. Lost Alonso, needed to buy someone so the fans wouldn't get on there back. Dropped a clanger.

Agreed. The fact that they signed someone who was out for 3 months at the time says it all. I wonder if loaning him out is also something to do with the home grown ruling.

ghett0
20th August '10, 01:16 PM
TBH i wouldnt loan him out for the whole season, i would do a 6month loan so at least he comes back for the end. But then that would mean registering him for PL.

But like you guys said, Benitez or whoever else sanctioned the buy really fucked up. Roma must be laughing their tits off. He didnt even need to spend the £20mil on a CM that didnt even play, he coulda bought a good winger or striker for that much, oh well.