PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager 2010

Hij
22nd July '10, 12:54 PM
So in an attempt to stay in a few nights and not go to the pub and spend money I don't have, I've bought Football Manager. It was £14.99 on Steam so I thought fuck it as I couldn't get the one from the torrent to work.

Gonna do the data editor later on, probably add meself on as a youngster plying his trade for St Albans :-D feels weird I'm 23 now. Then I'm gon:-D update the transfers made so far- well as many as I can be bothered to do- Chamakh to Arsenal and shit.

Any hints or tips its been years since I played these type of games.

Sir Kippington
22nd July '10, 01:43 PM
Get a target man, zigic, sell plesis (stevie dnt like him) use the greek he is skeng, get the updates from fmbase website, save you the trouble of editing, plus all the proper logos, faces and that on there as well. There are so sideways? Logos on there that are sik. Nice skins too, i use one peice skin. After the update, the first season the give 2 mil just like rafa.Lol

Eric Cantona
22nd July '10, 01:45 PM
So in an attempt to stay in a few nights and not go to the pub and spend money I don't have, I've bought Football Manager. It was £14.99 on Steam so I thought fuck it as I couldn't get the one from the torrent to work.

Gonna do the data editor later on, probably add meself on as a youngster plying his trade for St Albans :-D feels weird I'm 23 now. Then I'm gon:-D update the transfers made so far- well as many as I can be bothered to do- Chamakh to Arsenal and shit.

Any hints or tips its been years since I played these type of games.

If i was you i'd go on the SI forums there will be an updated database i reckon, saves alot of time

kiev123
22nd July '10, 02:18 PM
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f77/fm10-club-competition-international-team-logo-pack-9-000-logos-t22359.html
I'm downloading that logo pack right now
Has the logo's for every league and competition

Scrappy123
22nd July '10, 02:35 PM
This is £10 in HMV.

ghett0
22nd July '10, 02:38 PM
does the steam version have the editor?

Hij
22nd July '10, 02:48 PM
Get a target man, zigic, sell plesis (stevie dnt like him) use the greek he is skeng, get the updates from fmbase website, save you the trouble of editing, plus all the proper logos, faces and that on there as well. There are so sideways? Logos on there that are sik. Nice skins too, i use one peice skin. After the update, the first season the give 2 mil just like rafa.Lol

Just seen this. Mental.

Added a zero onto United's debt for a laugh. I got it off Steam so its already updated everything. I've done like Joe Cole/Hernandez/Chamkah and then I got bored so I allowed it.

What gets me is all the information, assistant managers, chairman, all offering bare advice and I'm bare lost, I reckon it would be easier to actually go into Melwood and be the boss lol

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f77/fm10-club-competition-international-team-logo-pack-9-000-logos-t22359.html
I'm downloading that logo pack right now
Has the logo's for every league and competition

Would rep.

I just slated Alex Ferguson and said I thought he was a cunt and Jamie Carragher is annoyed at me? What!?

ghett0
22nd July '10, 02:49 PM
Jamie C respects professional behaviour, he dont like you slagging off people

Hij
22nd July '10, 02:57 PM
Jamie C respects professional behaviour, he dont like you slagging off people

I've just gone out for a beer with Jamie Carragher, we laughed about him getting in the England squad ahead of Upson and he told me that really he think's Alex Ferguson's a drunken twat but he has to do well for his future media career after he finishes the game. I'm cool with that. Even Paul Merson and Stan Collymore have to make a living.

Real talk though Sammy Lee is a shit assistant manager though?

Keyser Söze
22nd July '10, 03:02 PM
I've just gone out for a beer with Jamie Carragher, we laughed about him getting in the England squad ahead of Upson and he told me that really he think's Alex Ferguson's a drunken twat but he has to do well for his future media career after he finishes the game. I'm cool with that. Even Paul Merson and Stan Collymore have to make a living.

LOL is that really in the game ?

LNL
22nd July '10, 03:18 PM
LOL is that really in the game ?

no lol

i bought this the other day, atm i'm 1st in the league with bcfc :-D

Sir Kippington
22nd July '10, 03:41 PM
Sami lee is bless, lol . Ok aquaman is sensitive to team talks, some emosh guy, shower babel with praise 22 games 6 goals 11 assists (7.59) if you just leave him, 23 games 1 goal 5 assists<<<< danny wilson gets class form straight away and get gerrard to tutor jonjo shelvey and you will have a ready made replacement when he retires

Keyser Söze
22nd July '10, 03:47 PM
no lol

Was gonna say, i know its an in depth game but..........

Trap*
22nd July '10, 04:09 PM
My Pool Team is

Reina - GK
Johnson - DR
Kolarov - DL
Chiellini - DC
Carra - DC
Gerrard - MC
Mascherno - MC
Maria - AMR
Babel - AML
Torres - ST
Cardozo - ST

anyone got any tips into what role these should play when u go on there instructions im 2nd but not scoring an awful lot

Hij
22nd July '10, 04:18 PM
Was gonna say, i know its an in depth game but..........

LMAO.

I slept with Walcott's bird as well lol

Keyser Söze
22nd July '10, 04:22 PM
LMAO.

I slept with Walcott's bird as well lol

*Buys FM 2010*

:laugh:

Sir Kippington
22nd July '10, 04:26 PM
My Pool Team is

Reina - GK
Johnson - DR
Kolarov - DL
Chiellini - DC
Carra - DC
Gerrard - MC
Mascherno - MC
Maria - AMR
Babel - AML
Torres - ST
Cardozo - ST

anyone got any tips into what role these should play when u go on there instructions im 2nd but not scoring an awful lot

Torres- complete forward then poacher as he gets older, gerrard is better as a trepuesteria, mash should be dmc or anchor man, when you pick the role see which chose the one where the higher stats are highlighted and babel inside forward and train him to dribble inside

quality
22nd July '10, 04:49 PM
Are there any reasonably up-to-date updates for someone who hasn't installed any of the patches?

Trap*
22nd July '10, 05:48 PM
Torres- complete forward then poacher as he gets older, gerrard is better as a trepuesteria, mash should be dmc or anchor man, when you pick the role see which chose the one where the higher stats are highlighted and babel inside forward and train him to dribble inside

Cheers going to try them out now , how do you train him to dribble ?

Is the greek good ?

'nuum general
22nd July '10, 05:50 PM
Babel is shit hot in it

ghett0
22nd July '10, 06:08 PM
Do player interaction to make them learn new moves

'nuum general
22nd July '10, 06:09 PM
^^ and change youngsters personalities

Trap*
22nd July '10, 06:15 PM
Do player interaction to make them learn new moves

Explain it abit more when i go to player interaction i can just comment on them ?

'nuum general
22nd July '10, 06:20 PM
Explain it abit more when i go to player interaction i can just comment on them ?

At the bottom you can reccommend them to learn moves or to be tutored by someone

Trap*
22nd July '10, 06:38 PM
At the bottom you can reccommend them to learn moves or to be tutored by someone

ohh i see now , cheers

Sir Kippington
22nd July '10, 07:17 PM
Cheers going to try them out now , how do you train him to dribble ?

Is the greek good ?

He is a bad man for the first year, even better than skertel and agger gets hurt nuff so lighten his training. By the second year he is dependable backup and his contract will be up by the 3rd year. So for 1.5 mill he is skeng tbh. He was so good that i sold skertel to athletico for 11.5 mill and i was still bless. Degen shite, darby is good enough backup for 1st season. For the training ,interact with the player and there should be a list of things they can learn, works better when players are under 26

Hij
22nd July '10, 10:31 PM
Oi im scoring bare, but Ive won 4 and lost 3 :(

'nuum general
22nd July '10, 10:56 PM
what formation you playing?

daspecimen
23rd July '10, 11:23 AM
i struggle on this with Arsenal but part of that was because i played a 4-4-2.

downloaded an update this morning, but some of the loans are incorrect so im going to update those at lunch and set up a test game. once i download the facepacks tonight and im bless for the morning

quality
23rd July '10, 12:25 PM
Are there any reasonably up-to-date updates for someone who hasn't installed any of the patches?

???

daspecimen
23rd July '10, 12:29 PM
???

i think the updates require the up to date patches, im sure the update i downloaded this morning does. download the 10.3 patch and then get the updates.

or have you got a cracked version and thus the cracks don't work?

quality
23rd July '10, 12:55 PM
Sadly for everyone involved I have the cracked version. I'll just wait till FM2011 tbh and buy that.

Sir Kippington
23rd July '10, 12:58 PM
Oi im scoring bare, but Ive won 4 and lost 3 :(

You got to be careful with liverpool, you could do some slap dash tactics and beat Man U, try the same thing against sunderland etc and you will lose, the game knows Liverpool,are complacent against small teams esp at home.

Try the following

Start games in defensive and pass to feet work ball into box, get them settled and then attack.
Liverpool also concede late goals so change a CB by about 75 mins, during a match if you look at the top right corner there should be a motivation menu, use that to see who is performing well/slacking and substitute appropriately

M.O.G.
23rd July '10, 01:02 PM
Kippington knows his shit.
Kipping you ever played lower leagues? I always start off from there for the added enjoyment of leading them all the way to the prem, just started a new game with Crewe, know any good transfers I could get for them from say a division 1 team to drop down a league or from the conference who could do a good job?

Unknown Poster
23rd July '10, 01:16 PM
Starting from lower leagues>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Done one as Bishop's Stortford and got them from the BSS to League 1 before i got bored.

Eagle
23rd July '10, 01:40 PM
went to buy it today at game then realised i left my £300 voucher at home. will be getting it tomorrow. may buy a wii as well as i dont know what to spend my voucher on

quality
23rd July '10, 02:14 PM
Started with Charlton, back to back promotions then finished 8th in the Premiership. No idea how as my team, Shelvey aside, is swag. Teams like Arsenal put out their reserves against me, so beat them away.

Harry retired so have just taken over at Spurs, who are in the CL, first step sell Keane. Lennon and Modric have already gone to City which is a bit of a par.

Sir Kippington
23rd July '10, 03:42 PM
Kippington knows his shit.
Kipping you ever played lower leagues? I always start off from there for the added enjoyment of leading them all the way to the prem, just started a new game with Crewe, know any good transfers I could get for them from say a division 1 team to drop down a league or from the conference who could do a good job?

Nah i havent yet, a the mo im juggling the england and liverpool jobs but i want to start a leyton orient file, local team and all that just aint paid them much attention irl since liverpool has been a nut house.

Eagle
23rd July '10, 04:19 PM
gonna take over yeovil when i buy it.

can anyone explain in a step by step manner what files / updates / patches to download and in what order. safe.

ghett0
23rd July '10, 04:22 PM
should be ok to go straight into 10.3 from sports interactive, then find whatever databases you want, there were a few posted earlier in this thread.

I might export and upload my Liverpool formations for you man to use, theyre killer. But then again i probably have one of the best squads around.

I LOVE GRIME
24th July '10, 03:57 AM
i have a challenge for all fm2010 mandem start with palace and aim for the best you can dont forget u have -10 points and nothing to spend so whoever finishes the highest you did a good job my aim is survival tbh

TopNotch
24th July '10, 04:00 AM
Fuck that looool

Sir Kippington
24th July '10, 01:22 PM
i have a challenge for all fm2010 mandem start with palace and aim for the best you can dont forget u have -10 points and nothing to spend so whoever finishes the highest you did a good job my aim is survival tbh

Win the Champion League with Portsmouth.
The have had minus 10 every season in my game

The Don
24th July '10, 05:13 PM
might try the palace ting for the same reason hij bought the game

I LOVE GRIME
24th July '10, 05:33 PM
gonna start my palace 1 2nite/2moro

Scrappy123
24th July '10, 11:08 PM
I got this on CD and installed via steam.

Im going on Holiday in a couple days, where i wont find internet connection,alot of the time. And i would want to play it during the journey. Do i have to re-install it to play it with the CD?

The Don
24th July '10, 11:25 PM
I got this on CD and installed via steam.

Im going on Holiday in a couple days, where i wont find internet connection,alot of the time. And i would want to play it during the journey. Do i have to re-install it to play it with the CD?

i think so, cos u got to be signed into steam

ILG i've played two games as palace now, don't think i'm gonna enjoy this season lol

Scrappy123
24th July '10, 11:49 PM
Damn.

Might have to give it a pass then. Not worth it.

Eagle
27th July '10, 11:35 AM
started with yeovil last night. signed pericard and bridges on free transfers. both are merkers and much better than tomlin and bowditch. also got some sick serbian youth attacking mid who is gonna be a don i think.

loaned in ryan mason, caulker and frimpong. trying to get parrett, kakuta and bostock at the moment.

just need to buy a keeper and 2 wide players.

fucking par is that my budget was £9k, then sold forbes for £150k and now have a £70k budget....cant really buy anyone with that money so im gonna rely on frees and loans to get promoted.

won my first game 4-1 against tranmere. good start as im expected to finish 23rd.

MichaelTBH
27th July '10, 12:57 PM
when i get mine back, im gonna try starting unemployed

Sir Kippington
27th July '10, 03:07 PM
Tranmere is the club you will probably get starting my leyton orient and raiding liverpool reserves

ghett0
27th July '10, 03:13 PM
i've never started started as unemployed or as anyone lower than championship. got qpr promoted one time, loaned loads of prem youngsters, bought christian benitez back then, got to prem and basically lost too much, couldn't handle the losses and gave up lol

Eagle
27th July '10, 03:15 PM
im thinking of switching to a 4-3-1-2.

anyone tried it before in fm2010.

my wide men are shit so i reckon i need to play a more narrow midfield.

I LOVE GRIME
27th July '10, 03:20 PM
im thinking of switching to a 4-3-1-2.

anyone tried it before in fm2010.

my wide men are shit so i reckon i need to play a more narrow midfield.

ur wing backs must be top boys for this or u must play very very very narrow and have a serious dm

Eagle
27th July '10, 03:21 PM
lol im in league 1. no top boys or serious players in the whole league from what i see.

I LOVE GRIME
27th July '10, 03:23 PM
lol im in league 1. no top boys or serious players in the whole league from what i see.

oh potential problem then lol id go for a 4-2-1-3

ghett0
27th July '10, 03:35 PM
Or try 4-2-1-2-1

you gotta have good dms, a creative cm, and a good ST

play counter attack, really deep, closing down own area, quick, narrow, pass through middle. Target man to feet, no playmaker, zonal, tight marking

Eagle
27th July '10, 03:59 PM
i remember in fm2006 there was this gayface formation that liverpool played that was 4 at the back, 3 defensive mids, 2 attacking mids and 1 striker. was a bitch to play against. they always thrashed me. was so proud when i developed a formation that trumped it.

Sir Kippington
27th July '10, 04:00 PM
Just signed rohann ricketts on a free and got darby and a few others off liverpool, money is super tight in L1, have to do well in the cups

Eagle
27th July '10, 04:13 PM
lol rohan. professor wenker caught him stealing nokias from the changing rooms back in the day so sacked him and he ended up at spurs.

might have a look to see if he'll join yeovil.

who's worth loaning from liverpool

are you managing orient? if so do you still have andros there?

Sir Kippington
27th July '10, 04:47 PM
lol rohan. professor wenker caught him stealing nokias from the changing rooms back in the day so sacked him and he ended up at spurs.

might have a look to see if he'll join yeovil.

who's worth loaning from liverpool

are you managing orient? if so do you still have andros there?

No andros, i got vitor flora, darby, davalle, bruna from liverpool and jordan spence from west ham, some i bot on short term, so if they work out i hope i get them again, got charlton in leauge cup..ready fi di war..ive offer bostock a loan but others are circling..120k budget is a par. Bear ratings for these lower league managers, also have asked for a parent club, i need these loans

adidasgrandad
27th July '10, 04:48 PM
ah any mans worst nightmare just came real for me! iv left the cd out of the box (on the windowsill admittedly in the sun...) that iv fucked up the cd and now it dont work. devastated.

Eagle
27th July '10, 04:53 PM
having a parent club would make my life at yeovil so much easier.

RJKV
27th July '10, 08:15 PM
my brother is actually a boss at this game, i never had the patience to stick at it if i got a bad result, but i've jumped on it recently. some tips, don't use 4-4-2. pack the midfield. i played torres as a complete forward by himself with gerrard right behind him with kuyt and maxi either side of him so they were all AMC's. then i had mash as anchor man in a dmc position with aqualani next to him as a deep lying play maker and his replacement was lucas who i changed into a dmc. i bossed the league. i played control football. one big tip is to always ask for more money/wage throughtout your stay at a club. they gave me 12 mill a cuple of months in, signed lukaku straight away

ah any mans worst nightmare just came real for me! iv left the cd out of the box (on the windowsill admittedly in the sun...) that iv fucked up the cd and now it dont work. devastated.

just download from steam using that code on the booklet in the box, that's what i had to do recently and you get the newest patches automatically.

ONE FINAL NOTEL: if you download some programme called hamachi we could all play on the same save as different teams in maybe the prem, could be live, i've done a few with friends. Grimeforum FM, could be legendary

quality
27th July '10, 08:16 PM

You can download something or other to play without a CD, google it. Think its called Alcohol then download a FM .iso (I think?). I'm sure there is something on one of them unofficial forums.

adidasgrandad
27th July '10, 08:55 PM
its probably for the best that it broke tbh. i wont leave my house for the next month otherwise lol

quality
27th July '10, 10:03 PM
In my Charlton game I linked up with Arsenal, loaned in Randall and Nordveidt. I always scan who the top boys release at the end of the season, Febian Brandy did a lot for me in the Championship even though his stats are swag.

The Don
27th July '10, 11:45 PM
tried palace drew one and won two

but computer got reformatted so my save files are gone

laptop is too shit to really venture outside the premiership and load up next leagues so gonna start a new one tomorrow

anyone know a team with a couple good young players in the reserves?

Mark
28th July '10, 12:25 AM
this is definitely the hardest football manager i have played do people think its too hard or the right difficulty

The Don
28th July '10, 12:30 AM
this is definitely the hardest football manager i have played do people think its too hard or the right difficulty

i think it's bless, it ain't easy unless you're chelsea/barca and them but it's rewarding as fuck when you do well

I LOVE GRIME
28th July '10, 12:58 AM

its accurate thats the difference now its harder to do them crazy seasons where u go unbeaten etc and signing certain players is fucking hard unlike b4 :angry:

Eagle
28th July '10, 09:34 AM
anyone know a team with a couple good young players in the reserves?

arsenal, spurs and liverpool are probably chelsea id guess.

ghett0
28th July '10, 09:52 AM
Aston Villa have good youngsters and Man City too

The Don
28th July '10, 11:33 AM
probably go with villa/spurs safe

'nuum general
28th July '10, 07:29 PM
some of the transfer fees are daft though, i'm Hull City and relegated sunderland are trying to make me pay £12m for cattermole. They wanted £9m for Cana aswell

Sir Kippington
28th July '10, 07:48 PM
If i get to the championship with orient, im just going to have to be sharp to get the good deals and free transfers. The good thing is i know for sure liverpool release loads of championship quality players because of my other save file. Im going to nab all of them. Then hopefully get To prem and try loan lukaku. To be fair i can see me battering the loans for a while unless we get a new owner because the finance is a par and i inherited a shit squad no cm and my best striker is 39.

M.O.G.
29th July '10, 09:39 AM
If i get to the championship with orient, im just going to have to be sharp to get the good deals and free transfers. The good thing is i know for sure liverpool release loads of championship quality players because of my other save file. Im going to nab all of them. Then hopefully get To prem and try loan lukaku. To be fair i can see me battering the loans for a while unless we get a new owner because the finance is a par and i inherited a shit squad no cm and my best striker is 39.

Lol typical Orient, not even a par cos they're my local club also

Sir Kippington
29th July '10, 10:00 AM
Lol typical Orient, not even a par cos they're my local club alsoTrust some joke ting but this is a nice challenge, cus my liverpool and england team are too much for them.

'nuum general
29th July '10, 12:23 PM
Getting £25m to spend in second season at Hull City>>>>>>>>>>>>

Every club wanting £10m+ for the player i'm after <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Sir Kippington
29th July '10, 08:04 PM
If pre season is any thing to go by i should merk, got danny rose, bostock, rhys murphy, tom cruise, jordan spence, steven darby, flora, dalla valle, bruna and gonna try get a few more short term. Signed langley, steven hughes and arrpn davies on frees.

Eagle
30th July '10, 09:24 AM
If pre season is any thing to go by i should merk, got danny rose, bostock, rhys murphy, tom cruise, jordan spence, steven darby, flora, dalla valle, bruna and gonna try get a few more short term. Signed langley, steven hughes and arrpn davies on frees.

cant you only play 5 of them in a match day squad?

Sir Kippington
30th July '10, 11:20 AM
cant you only play 5 of them in a match day squad?

yeah you have to do mad juggling around, but its ok for the cup matches no restrictions

Alter E-ghost
4th August '10, 02:00 PM
can you get anyone to tutor anyone instead of who the game suggests?

right now its only offering fletcher to tutor kroos :dead:

RIP Jakey
4th August '10, 02:04 PM
can you get anyone to tutor anyone instead of who the game suggests?

right now its only offering fletcher to tutor kroos :dead:

Usually you can choose, can you not go into 'interact with player' or whatever it's called and pick from a list?

Alter E-ghost
4th August '10, 02:11 PM
Usually you can choose, can you not go into 'interact with player' or whatever it's called and pick from a list?

oh seen, safe, only gives the option of anderson but would want gourcuff to tutor ideally but hes doing pogba.

any way to stop gourcuff tutoring pogba?

RIP Jakey
4th August '10, 02:14 PM
Don't think so, it just has to run it's course.

Eagle
4th August '10, 02:22 PM
frimpong broke his leg so is out for 5 months. sent him back from loan and told the press it was irrelevant. he now hates me.

got coquelin as a replacement, then got bostock and parrett also. i also have mason, caulker, nathan baker and some other villa left back on loan. my loan players >>>>>>

got quentin fortune on deadline day for £60k and he's easily the best player i can see in league 1. Fans are pissed off that i sold some shit youth player for £120k even though i've got a team of relegation fodder to 2nd in league 1.

Tempz_NBT
4th August '10, 02:54 PM
love this game to pieces

didnt know you could insert yourself into the game

MK Dons here i come

The Don
4th August '10, 03:16 PM
in january with sunderland

i'm 7th only 1 point between 5th (spurs) and 8th (bolton) atm aiming for europa league

arsenal are having some next season lol, they're like 9th/10th

yeah you have to do mad juggling around, but its ok for the cup matches no restrictions

i did a dagenham and redbridge season before my laptop got reformatted, got em to 4th and promoted but think i had to play all my play off games without the premiership loaness, definitely the final :dead:

ghett0
11th August '10, 01:32 PM
Anyone know where to get an updated transfers database so i dont have to do them all myself?

Sir Kippington
11th August '10, 01:40 PM
www.fm-base.co.uk

Eagle
11th August '10, 02:04 PM
just got man united as my parent club and they are gonna pay me £100k per year for the privilege.

i'm going through quite slowly, now in the middle of november. came off an 8 game unbeaten run, lost a game, pericard got injured and i've now drawn my last 2. scoring goals is becoming a problem.

Sir Kippington
11th August '10, 04:50 PM
Trust some long ball ting. A good target man and an am who has good shoot from distance. No parent club for me though, but maybe i should as again as we have been took over. 2nd behind leeds at the mo its december

Eagle
11th August '10, 05:05 PM
problem is all my strikers are pussys. pericard was bullying defences, but is out until feb.

i've now got to rely on willy topp (who is good but weak), ryan mason from spurs who is basically a midget attacking midfielder and michael bridges who is a pussy. not a good look for a direct longball league like lg1.

Keyser Söze
11th August '10, 05:13 PM
What team are you Eagle ?

Eagle
11th August '10, 08:01 PM
yeovil

quality
12th August '10, 01:46 PM
Just use short-passing but slow as fuck tempo. If you have someone quick upfront, it's a bonus, have them as target man but to run on to it.

Sir Kippington
12th August '10, 02:13 PM
was gonna say that use run onto ball setting

Eagle
12th August '10, 03:54 PM
just sneaked a 1-0 win away at leeds, spanked fleetwood in the first round of the FA cup and then won a couple of others so i reckon my team is alright now. panic over. 2nd in league 1 at the end of november when i was expected to get relegated.

kipo how does the loan system work? - can you loan the same player on more than 1 short term loan in a season? as it seems to be blocking me from renewing the loan on coquelin. also what the deal with the loan deadline in november? does it then re-open on 1st of jan?

plus villa are cunts for not letting me renew the deal on nathan baker. i've turned him into a sick guy in the 3 months he's been here.

Sir Kippington
12th August '10, 04:16 PM
just sneaked a 1-0 win away at leeds, spanked fleetwood in the first round of the FA cup and then won a couple of others so i reckon my team is alright now. panic over. 2nd in league 1 at the end of november when i was expected to get relegated.

kipo how does the loan system work? - can you loan the same player on more than 1 short term loan in a season? as it seems to be blocking me from renewing the loan on coquelin. also what the deal with the loan deadline in november? does it then re-open on 1st of jan?

plus villa are cunts for not letting me renew the deal on nathan baker. i've turned him into a sick guy in the 3 months he's been here.

yeah its a par.. you wont be able to reloan them,but you can start a new short term loan with someone else..eg ive had tom cruise, andreas zola and some other bloke as left backs loaning them one after the other..real juggling act..as far a i am aware you can loan again before Jan, just cant re-loan someone you already taken

Eagle
12th August '10, 04:30 PM
fuck. i got too greedy and loaned too many good players in the early part of the season.

gonna rely on united sorting me out with a few left backs over the course of the season

Sir Kippington
12th August '10, 05:24 PM
fuck. i got too greedy and loaned too many good players in the early part of the season.

gonna rely on united sorting me out with a few left backs over the course of the season

yeah from you got a parent club your nice...i was hoping for Arsenal but the board aint got back to man yet

Eagle
20th August '10, 12:58 PM
just got humped 6-0 by spurs in the fa cup 5th round. need to recover and make sure we get promoted.

'nuum general
20th August '10, 01:19 PM
I'm Hull City

Finished 17th First Season (had to win my last game to stay up)
Finished 15th Second Season
Finished 11th Third Season

Am in mid december on my 4th season & am currently 5th. Just getting to the stage where all my players want to join bigger clubs. Just hoping I can get into Europe. Managed to sign Nigel De Jong off Man City for £3m with them still paying him £20k a week to play for us!

Entity
20th August '10, 04:22 PM
I'm Hull City

Finished 17th First Season (had to win my last game to stay up)
Finished 15th Second Season
Finished 11th Third Season

Am in mid december on my 4th season & am currently 5th. Just getting to the stage where all my players want to join bigger clubs. Just hoping I can get into Europe. Managed to sign Nigel De Jong off Man City for £3m with them still paying him £20k a week to play for us! Sounds like your on a Roy Hodgson tip lol. Turned them around nice

Block19
20th August '10, 04:25 PM
Started unemployed, got offered Notts County job with like 2 months to go. Didnt even look where they were in the league. Bottom. 10 points from safety.

After first few games i started mashing up the league, couldnt seem to lose. Got it down to last game of the season to keep them up but fell short by a point or 2.

Started the game League 2 and above, so i cant manage them now lol. Looking for another job.

strachjames
20th August '10, 04:42 PM
Albion rovers. Third tier of scottish football. killin it !!!

Naruto
20th August '10, 05:28 PM
When's 2011 out?

The Don
20th August '10, 09:47 PM
29th october

Tempz_NBT
21st August '10, 02:31 PM
i got all the updates for dis ting
game is over dutty
but still will buy new 1
its a must

'nuum general
25th August '10, 07:20 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/29kz4fm.jpg

MichaelTBH
25th August '10, 07:21 PM
tempted to start a new one

Tight and Bright
1st September '10, 06:43 AM
football manager 2011 is gona be sick.

Gona download it for pc and psp for when im at college. Bit of world class managerial work whilst on a cigarette break.

ghett0
1st September '10, 08:25 AM
Will wait for the latest transfer update and start again

I think I've achieved all that i can...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/ghet-0/Greatestofalltime.png
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/ghet-0/halloffame.png

Sosa
1st September '10, 12:58 PM
Im in 2024 with Crawley Town, now the dominant force in Europe, won the league 5 times in a row LOL

Some of my regens >>>>>

Sir Kippington
1st September '10, 01:03 PM
Is the new update out yet?

Jay05
1st September '10, 01:05 PM
Started a game with Cambridge, its going better than expected.

09/10 Conference - 3rd - 90 points. Went up in the play offs
10/11 League 2 - 1st 117 points
11/12 League 1 - 5th - 80 points Went up in the play offs

Aiming to win the treble then quit fm 2010. Promotion from the Championship is possible but unlikely. Havent spent any real money and the team is patchy.

quality
1st September '10, 07:01 PM

It's pointless blanking your surname out when its still on the dropdown menu fam.

'nuum general
1st September '10, 07:54 PM
lol

*exposes Gavin Mattews*

ghett0
1st September '10, 09:15 PM
LoOL fail

Rambo
1st September '10, 10:14 PM

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs238.snc4/39233_436854943728_666553728_4661258_2277540_n.jpg

Sir Kippington
6th September '10, 04:42 PM
Just got the new update.
Gonna see what roys reds can do.
Thinking of buying zamora but fulham are quoting 13 mill.safe
got a budget of 17 million and i want to save at least half of that till Jan.

Foggy Man
6th September '10, 08:22 PM
Just got the new update.
Gonna see what roys reds can do.
Thinking of buying zamora but fulham are quoting 13 mill.safe
got a budget of 17 million and i want to save at least half of that till Jan.

Lol what kind of fake update is that
If we dont get a takeover before october, in FM11 I'm fully expecting a transfer budget as 0

Sir Kippington
6th September '10, 09:29 PM
Lol what kind of fake update is that
If we dont get a takeover before october, in FM11 I'm fully expecting a transfer budget as 0

not what i started with, had about 8 million, i always sell before i buy.
I would say that about right considering we made a bid for cole irl for about 9.
I think the update is alright still, the bank shit is in there, i wouldn't be surprised if something nasty happens in the middle of my game.

My last update gave me a budget of 1.5 mill still
.par

'nuum general
6th September '10, 10:02 PM
I've bought Neymar for Hull City :evilgrin:

quality
6th September '10, 10:29 PM
In my second season with Everton with a mid-August update, in the Champions League. Loaned in Hazard, him, Pienaar and Rodwell are absolute merkers. Jagielka, Phil Jones and Yannick Djalo (bought for £800,000) are doing a lot as well.

ghett0
6th September '10, 11:47 PM
not what i started with, had about 8 million, i always sell before i buy.
I would say that about right considering we made a bid for cole irl for about 9.
I think the update is alright still, the bank shit is in there, i wouldn't be surprised if something nasty happens in the middle of my game.

My last update gave me a budget of 1.5 mill still
.par

Where did you get your update from Sir Kip?

I got mine from fmformation.net cos fm-base was down on saturday, this one had a transfer balance of £0 and -55K on wages

Foggy Man
7th September '10, 01:10 AM
Still merking it on my long term save
Enfield Town up from the bottom divisions, 18 seasons in

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5135/23658137.jpg
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2493/fm2b.jpg

rsl1988
7th September '10, 07:10 AM
Editing your team with top players <<<<<<

Sir Kippington
7th September '10, 09:12 AM
Where did you get your update from Sir Kip?

I got mine from fmformation.net cos fm-base was down on saturday, this one had a transfer balance of £0 and -55K on wages

Fm base

Within a few days of the game starting, people try to buy the club

ghett0
7th September '10, 10:14 AM
Fm base

Within a few days of the game starting, people try to buy the club

Excellent, im only in sept in the one i started on saturday, will just switch to the fmbase one then cos i dont think they've put in people taking over the club, the chairman status is still "happy to be in charge" or whatever.

'nuum general
7th September '10, 12:24 PM
yeah, you can't really class it as an achievement if you've edited the team to give you an advantage before hand

quality
7th September '10, 01:31 PM
To be fair, I don't think any of us can really call what we do on FM an achievement. It's probably the exact opposite.

'nuum general
7th September '10, 05:31 PM
^^ haha true

I LOVE GRIME
7th September '10, 07:39 PM
can a link be posted for this update the site is parring me it will not load at all

ghett0
7th September '10, 10:50 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/417720017/Summer_2010_Update_by_LFCMarshall.zip

uploaded 4 u

Sir Kippington
10th September '10, 02:50 AM
as soon as September hits.
Bank loan repayments come into effect.

par

'nuum general
10th September '10, 12:48 PM
par

Managed to get Hull City up another place to finishing 5th, should have got 4th ahead of Man U but lost a couple of games which we should have won near the end of the season

Sir Kippington
13th September '10, 01:53 AM
Wow. Ngog is a merkers. All kinds of hat tricks

ghett0
13th September '10, 09:21 AM
Yeah Pacheco too, I'm 14 games unbeaten in the league, top, managed to beat Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal, drew 2-2 to Everton away though, that's the only blip on my record so far. Even beat some team 9-0 in Europa League group stage.

If only things were like this in real life.

quality
13th September '10, 01:29 PM
Yeah that update is shit, Ngog scores loads, Gerrard is the best player in the world, Liverpool have money in the bank... Half expecting Gary Neville to contract aids.

Sir Kippington
13th September '10, 01:40 PM
Clubs been bought by a consortium led by purslow, he informs me there will be no investment in the near future.
safe.
Ngog had a high potential in the original tbf. Quite injury prone though.
I found a way to keep torry fit though.
I notice if he is on a hat trick and he dont get it by 65 mins..take him off he will get injured for sure. Ngog the same.
Got to November now top of the pile, torry has only had a 2 wek lay off so far.
Ive only conceded 1 goal so far but to be fair I am playing very negative but it working out so far. 4-4-1-1 and i rarely come out of defensive or contain

Jovanavic and meriles are playing shite for me though. poulsen is a badman for me>>>>> and i copped jenas for 3 mill as totty transfer listed him. he has been doing dis ting

quality
13th September '10, 01:47 PM
I started one with Newcastle, Andy Carroll and Phil Jones (bought for £6 million in January) are far too good.

Sir Kippington
13th September '10, 01:49 PM
I started one with Newcastle, Andy Carroll and Phil Jones (bought for £6 million in January) are far too good.

Andy carrol becomes a beast.
Even when i first got this he was merking in year 4.
I was england manager then but he opted to play for scotland.
Par

ghett0
13th September '10, 02:21 PM
Phil Jones keeps popping up on my scouts radars, may get him in january, turned off transfers in first window to make it more realistic.

Purslow took over my Liverpool too, he's given me 4.5m to spend in january.

I think i've scored 45 and conceded about 10. Beat Sunderland 7-3 away.

I play 4-1-3-2 and 4-2-1-2-1 against hard teams.

Playing kuyt up front >> Jovanovic is playing sick for me too, even Babel tbh. I've set them when playing AML to cut inside and shoot from long range. Also training Danny Wilson to play RB as cover for Johnson. Think i'm gonna sell Aurelio he's too injury prone.

quality
13th September '10, 02:57 PM
Yeah I turned off transfers to. Phil Jones was the best player in my back four at 17, though his competition was Coloccini, Taylor and Campbell. Got Gago on loan for the second season, my one bit of quality for the Europa League campaign. Also bought Alex Smithies to replace Harper, he seems to be sick on every update.

Foggy Man
13th September '10, 04:21 PM
Aint gonna bother with teh update, just gonna wait for FM11
Getting bored with Enfield town, suprisingly haven't won the champions league with either them or liverpool, won everything else.
At the end of the season now and I'm in the final, if I win it im gonna resign and take over QPR/Charlton in league 2 and bring them up