PDA

View Full Version : FAO The Arsenal mandem

Sir Kippington
12th July '10, 04:27 PM
I was having this discussion with a friend the other day, bearing in mind the recent pursuit of Cesc by Barca which of these two scenarios would you prefer

A: Sell him now for good money and rebuild your squad for another title challenge

or

B: Reject all bids from Barca (Im not sure how many years he has on his contract but I pretty sure he has got a few years left) continue to challenge with the Current side and risk the possibility of him not signing an extension and possibly leaving to Barca on a Bosman/buy-out of contract in the future?
Also would you think he is a cunt for not getting you a fee if that happens?

Xtra P
12th July '10, 04:36 PM
Option A.

I don't like the idea of keeping a player who isn't 100% focused on the team he plays for, would rather sell him & purchase a suitable replacement or push Nasri into the middle.

Tony Starks
12th July '10, 04:42 PM
Option B (and eventually he wont leave on a bosman, no one does)

We have him on a five year deal. We have the luxury of holding onto him for at least 2-3 years before our hands are forced into selling him.

If Barca aint gonna give us his rightful price cos they're strapped we aint gonna give away our captain just because they want to impress their fans with puttin him on the bench.

Cesc's performances wont dip as his heart is fully with the club and hes a great captain. I understand his desire to want to win things at Barca but i honestly feel we're very close to achieving our potential. Just a signing or two away imo

JACK
12th July '10, 04:46 PM
A - if we're buying Gourcuff and can still buy at least 3 other, also of appropriate standard

B - if he acts like a professional and performs his 100% despite said want to get away right until the end which is 2014 i think

hard to say straight for me

Sir Kippington
12th July '10, 04:48 PM
Yes im liking this.
The opinions are nice and polarized.

Its interesting to me since we have a similar-ish situation with Torres and I'm undecided.

Xtra P
12th July '10, 04:48 PM
Would like to add that I only go along with option A if Barca cough up a suitable amount of P.

FG
12th July '10, 04:51 PM
B.

He should be kept at all costs.

Have enough confidence in Ramsey doing a good job once he's fully settled after his injury, and Nasri plays well in the middle and Wilshere is one who can hopefully progress to the standard which is being talked about of him. But Fabregas carries the side, he's our only player who plays to a very high level more or less weekly and he's our lynch-pin.

If he does leave in a few years those other three will be more than ready to try and fill the gap in their own way.

Highly doubt he would go on a free given the leeway we have with his contract and Wenger's financial nous (he's tied until 2014 I believe), but given your scenario I'd still keep him at the expense of a transfer fee

Sir Kippington
12th July '10, 04:52 PM
Would like to add that I only go along with option A if Barca cough up a suitable amount of P.

Yes Naturally.

Big Money im talking -like enough to get 3-4 top draw players

@FG good point.
Ramsey looks like he will be alot and I feel you about the lynchpin thing.
Like he is more than just a good player, he is the heartbeat of the team , face of the club etc

Xtra P
12th July '10, 04:54 PM
inb4 his performance dips due to him not wanting to be at Arsenal.

D.MAN
12th July '10, 04:55 PM
inb4 wenger buys no one!!!!

Xtra P
12th July '10, 04:57 PM
inb4 wenger buys no one!!!!

Too late, he's already purchased a world class center back

w8..

Grimes
12th July '10, 04:59 PM
option c accept u are barca's feeder club

Xtra P
12th July '10, 04:59 PM
option c accept u are barca's feeder club

We've already accepted it cuz

Barca are like our older stronger brother that bully us but we still look up to him & aspire to be like him

JACK
12th July '10, 05:04 PM
B.

He should be kept at all costs.

Have enough confidence in Ramsey doing a good job once he's fully settled after his injury, and Nasri plays well in the middle and Wilshere is one who can hopefully progress to the standard which is being talked about of him. But Fabregas carries the side, he's our only player who plays to a very high level more or less weekly and he's our lynch-pin.

If he does leave in a few years those other three will be more than ready to try and fill the gap in their own way.

Highly doubt he would go on a free given the leeway we have with his contract and Wenger's financial nous (he's tied until 2014 I believe), but given your scenario I'd still keep him at the expense of a transfer fee

im still sometimes getting the impression Cesc is not necessarily a playmaker, more a central mid/offensive mid depending on the day, and, obviously its still early to say but Ramsey looked even less playmakerish than that to me.

also feel Nasri could replicate the moving winger role he showed at OM, would surely prefer that than sticking him in the middle

FG
12th July '10, 05:13 PM
Think he's just developed his game, getting more goals than he ever has and is more threatening going forward.

Think Ramsey's game is naturally similar to the matured Fabregas now, though of course not on the same level. Ramsey is a more direct and attacking player than the Cesc of a few years back without the vast passing range.

Think they're similar in that they can add impetus and drive to the midfield when the chips are down, though obviously Cesc can simply dictate and control games on top of that.

For me Nasri's best league games last season were when he was in centre midfield in Cesc's absence

itsapar
12th July '10, 05:14 PM
Allow forcing to players to stay when they wanna go home and play with their friends (nh) and win trophies

sell him for at least 50

Sir Kippington
12th July '10, 05:18 PM
TBH if he stays i would take that as a big sign of commitment, you can imagine half of the Barca squad was in his ears about leaving all summer.

I think Nasri is wasted on the flanks too tbh, unless your looking to play very narrow

JACK
12th July '10, 05:22 PM
thats the whole thing, its complete opposite to his Marseille time. fuck knows why he's taking so long to settle in, or whatever reason making it like that, but i would love to see that here sometime soon

NaiJaBoY
12th July '10, 05:39 PM
After the game yesterday, Cesc says

"All I can say is that this is for all the Arsenal players and fans, they are a world-class club. I am an Arsenal player and I am proud to be."

Tony Starks
12th July '10, 05:41 PM
After the game yesterday, Cesc says

:skank:

FG
12th July '10, 06:57 PM
^^ looool

:skank::skank::skank:

Only wanted Spain to win yesterday because I thought winning the game's biggest prize would ease the fact he's won jack shit with us and would brighten him up a bit.

Surely there'll be some kinda come-down after the elation so let's not get carried away. Still, looking good so far

Sir Kippington
12th July '10, 07:19 PM
^^ looool

:skank::skank::skank:

Only wanted Spain to win yesterday because I thought winning the game's biggest prize would ease the fact he's won jack shit with us and would brighten him up a bit.

Surely there'll be some kinda come-down after the elation so let's not get carried away. Still, looking good so far

Thats how we are feeling since you see pics of Torry with the cup and his Liverpool scarf, lol its clutching at straws but it something. Neither of them had to think about their clubs at all tbh so it can only be a good thing
http://1.2.3.12/bmi/www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Screen-shot-2010-07-11-at-8.04.14-PM-640x345.png

Genetically Genuine
12th July '10, 08:18 PM
lol at the come down Fab is going to have, he went from rubbing shoulders with xavi and iniesta to come back to man like denilson

Eagle
12th July '10, 08:29 PM
cesc isnt a berbatov-esque figure who will cause trouble

plus he's already captain so no chance of him following henry or berbatov and giving the manager ultimatums

also on the nasri point, he's not merking like he did at marseille as basically he's not that good. french league is shit and made him look better than he is. ifyou get gourcuff he'll also flop.

Brisboy84
12th July '10, 09:03 PM
Tbh if Barca come in with 50 mill for him i'd sell. Anything less and they can fuck off. Just like we told em to fuck off after their pathetic 30 mill offer for him.

Eric Cantona
12th July '10, 11:59 PM
C36LisjvNuA

:laughing:

JACK
13th July '10, 12:10 AM
essex chavs drunk banter>> these classless bitches
no respect

Grimes
13th July '10, 12:12 AM
lol at 30million being pathetic

fuck real madrid and mancity for gassing up the market

daspecimen
17th July '10, 03:10 PM
almunia was named in the squad for todays game but has been withdrawn....interested to hear why that was. same with eduardo but im more interested about whether this means they hace a buyer for almunia lined up

GoodFella
17th July '10, 05:38 PM
Think Cesc will stay now until next Summer.

smh at people doubting if he will give 100% in an Arsenal shirt

The Don
17th July '10, 05:47 PM
almunia was named in the squad for todays game but has been withdrawn....interested to hear why that was. same with eduardo but im more interested about whether this means they hace a buyer for almunia lined up

what moves are arsenal making on the keeper situation?

on topic its interesting cos fabregas is arsenals best player but at the same time him playing in the centre seems to massively limit arshavin and nasri's impact

i'd seriously consider taking the 38million or whatever it is and seeing if i can invest in a keeper/couple centre backs/defensive mid/goalscorer

obviously thats externally judging though i doubt many arsenal fans would wanna sell

'nuum general
17th July '10, 08:48 PM
money shouldn't be an issue as weger has plenty to spend antyway supposedly. Only reason to let him go would be if his heart wasn't in it

daspecimen
18th July '10, 08:48 AM

on topic its interesting cos fabregas is arsenals best player but at the same time him playing in the centre seems to massively limit arshavin and nasri's impact

i'd seriously consider taking the 38million or whatever it is and seeing if i can invest in a keeper/couple centre backs/defensive mid/goalscorer

obviously thats externally judging though i doubt many arsenal fans would wanna sell

yesterday he was questioned on transfers and said -

schwarzer = "no"
j cole = "maybe"
and s campbell = "no mans land"

handovich and given were linked last week but who really knows if he is even going to make a replacement

reports today also suggest a 14m offer for phil jagielka has been rejected

Mayfair Smooth
18th July '10, 12:40 PM
lol at 30million being pathetic

fuck real madrid and mancity for gassing up the market

in all honesty as a player alone he's probably worth around 25 mill but to arsenal he is worth around 40-50 mill.

also Wenger said this yesterday

"Cesc is our captain, he is so important to us and we want to keep him, that is why we were not listening to any offers.

source http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-cesc-stories-have-to-stop

quality
18th July '10, 12:58 PM
If Ronaldo went for £80 mil, Arsenal have a right to ask for at least half of that, especially given how much is left on his contract.

TopNotch
18th July '10, 03:56 PM
Eduardo is moving to Shakthar.

NaiJaBoY
18th July '10, 05:21 PM
Eduardo is moving to Shakthar.
link?

TopNotch
18th July '10, 05:58 PM
link?
http://www.24sata.hr/sport/eduardo-da-silva-potpisao-za-sahtar-za-75-mil-eura/182619/

Mayfair Smooth
18th July '10, 06:48 PM
lol

Brisboy84
18th July '10, 10:26 PM
If it's true Eduardo's gone then i wish him well at Shaktar. Quite sad actually. Popular player for us. But he was never the same player after his broken leg. His confidence was shot to pieces. A fresh start in another country could be the best thing for his career.

daspecimen
19th July '10, 08:04 AM
it would explain why he was withdrawn from the squad having initially been named in it. its a shame but i wish him the best if he moves on.

we will know more later really as the squad fly to austria today/tomorrow

Mr Nasri
19th July '10, 01:13 PM
fabregas will come to realise soon hopefully that going to Barcelona would not be the best thing for his career. At arsenal we may of not won anything but we've come close and the next 2 years if we don't win either the prem or cl he should be allowed the right to leave. We are re-building our defence which was our main problem.

If it's true Eduardo's gone then i wish him well at Shaktar. Quite sad actually. Popular player for us. But he was never the same player after his broken leg. His confidence was shot to pieces. A fresh start in another country could be the best thing for his career.

eduardo is shit now init simple as nothing more to it.

out there
19th July '10, 01:34 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3058813/Carles-Puyol-Show-Cesc-Fabregas-some-respect.html

The Don
19th July '10, 02:08 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3058813/Carles-Puyol-Show-Cesc-Fabregas-some-respect.html

:lol: :lol:

the way i was expecting

"show him some respect, everyone leave him to make his decision and stop talking"

"show him some respect and let him come" you know loool

Mayfair Smooth
19th July '10, 03:02 PM

always thought puyol was overrated and an ugly cunt but now i realise he is also stupid. He can suck his dad tbh

The Messiah
19th July '10, 06:28 PM

Boruc going to Fiorentina has made Sebastian Frey more "available"...

Sir Kippington
19th July '10, 07:19 PM
Someone should sign hart, for the country's sake

'nuum general
19th July '10, 08:02 PM
Someone should sign hart, for the country's sake

I think there's an outside chance he could start this season as man city's number one

quality
19th July '10, 08:05 PM
Given is supposedly injured, so he may start the season in the team, might not stay though.

Flawless
19th July '10, 08:53 PM

What do you think is a suitable amount of P?? this goes out to da rest of u Arsenal mandem aswell

Eric Cantona
19th July '10, 08:58 PM
I'm not a Arsenal fan but in the current market 40m would be fair enough imo

Xtra P
19th July '10, 09:13 PM

I'd be bless with 40 tbh

The Messiah
20th July '10, 12:35 AM
[/B]

What do you think is a suitable amount of P?? this goes out to da rest of u Arsenal mandem aswell

It would be but I'm greedy. I'd want to squeeze another £10 million or so out with a sale of £45m and performance related bonuses. For every domestic trophy Barca win within him in the squad for the next 5 years: 500K. If they win a European/Intercontinental title £1m.

Mr Nasri
20th July '10, 11:06 AM
£50m , if you want a player this bad. 50m

daspecimen
20th July '10, 11:13 AM
50 mil plus add ons.

eduardo is certain to leave after not travelling to austria.

rvp is the new number 10 and vela has been given 11.

'nuum general
20th July '10, 05:50 PM
he aint worth 50m come on, £40m would be a good deal as long as you have a replacement lined up

NaiJaBoY
20th July '10, 07:42 PM
50 mil plus add ons.

eduardo is certain to leave after not travelling to austria.

rvp is the new number 10 and vela has been given 11.
So we sell Eduardo and Jay Simpson isnt going to Austria smh

Jay scores goals nuff said, definitely better than Vela

"Arsene hates English players" lol

D.MAN
20th July '10, 08:26 PM
wenger makes me sick

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk163/James8108/EddieMurphy.gif

Mayfair Smooth
21st July '10, 12:14 AM
he aint worth 50m come on, £40m would be a good deal as long as you have a replacement lined up

maybe not as a player but to arsenal he's worth 40-55mill

daspecimen
21st July '10, 08:11 AM
So we sell Eduardo and Jay Simpson isnt going to Austria smh

Jay scores goals nuff said, definitely better than Vela

"Arsene hates English players" lol

nothing of the sort. i went to the barnet game on saturday and simpson was OVERLY poor..... he lost the ball constantly, barely won a single header, couldn't hold it up and mislaid pass after pass. to play in that role he needs to do more.

both his goals were laid on a plate for him, although the first was still an excellent finish.

JET, Lansbury, Wilshere, Gibbs, Frimpong (1/2), Henderson (1/2) and Walcott are all English (or qualify to play) and are over in Austria.

Frimpong particularly impressed on Saturday and it will be interesting to see if he manages to secure a loan if he has an impressive pre-season.

lt1nn1vG3UI

NaiJaBoY
21st July '10, 09:04 AM
lol I was just joking

But Frimpong would probably play for Ghana

Also in that game, it was clear the we missed Frimpong in the 2nd half

daspecimen
21st July '10, 10:27 AM
lol I was just joking

But Frimpong would probably play for Ghana

Also in that game, it was clear the we missed Frimpong in the 2nd half

yeah i didn't understand the 2nd half tbh. playing with no DM and using Eastmond at RB when he has no future there. still a couple of them looked pretty impressive. Be interesting to see how he sets up tonight.

and yeah Frimpong has said he wants to play for Ghana, much to the annoyance it seems of Arsenal and Henderson will probably chose Ireland but until they are capped they can still play for England.

Jay Simpson played for the reserves lasy night and was again poor. if he gets good servicr he is lethal but without it he is a league 1 player.

Mayfair Smooth
21st July '10, 04:29 PM
yeah i didn't understand the 2nd half tbh. playing with no DM and using Eastmond at RB when he has no future there. still a couple of them looked pretty impressive. Be interesting to see how he sets up tonight.

and yeah Frimpong has said he wants to play for Ghana, much to the annoyance it seems of Arsenal and Henderson will probably chose Ireland but until they are capped they can still play for England.

Jay Simpson played for the reserves lasy night and was again poor. if he gets good servicr he is lethal but without it he is a league 1 player.

that'll be why he won league 1 player of the year with milwall then

Bish
21st July '10, 04:50 PM
eduardo has signed for shakhtar donetsk

Mr Nasri
21st July '10, 06:19 PM
supposedly alot of our older youth players are on last season to show they can produce the goods including jay simpson. Also alot of people have barazite to finally show what he can do this season but it won't be at arsenal, they are trying to secure him a prem loan deal like most of the others. I doubt jay simpsons ever going to be a arsenal player

daspecimen
21st July '10, 08:47 PM
that'll be why he won league 1 player of the year with milwall then

and that's his limit really. he scored a few goals for west brom in the premier league, granted but its hard to rate him at all when you watch him play.

in fact ive just looked and he only scored 8 goals in 44 games for millwall and got 12 in 39 for QPR

NaiJaBoY
22nd July '10, 12:35 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/498x347/jul_10/gun__1279709369_training21072010_04.jpg?ic=a2bad9T

Eboue is a fool, seems like he poured water into Song's boots

daspecimen
22nd July '10, 11:08 AM
arsenal have ended their interest in phil jagielka after everton rejected the 15m offer, demanding 20m for him. wtf?!

Hij
22nd July '10, 12:19 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/498x347/jul_10/gun__1279709369_training21072010_04.jpg?ic=a2bad9T

Eboue is a fool, seems like he poured water into Song's boots
LOL

I just called, to say, Eboueeeeee

'nuum general
22nd July '10, 12:43 PM
arsenal have ended their interest in phil jagielka after everton rejected the 15m offer, demanding 20m for him. wtf?!

I'd have taken the £15m and run if Arsenal actually offered that (which I can't believe). He isn't worth that

Brisboy84
22nd July '10, 03:46 PM
Eboue is King :laugh:

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/images/jul_10/gun__1279631276_training20072010_21.jpg
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/images/jul_10/gun__1279631266_training20072010_20.jpg

Eagle
22nd July '10, 03:50 PM

heaven forbid a team demanding an inflated fee for one of their most important players....

(goes back and reads over arsenal fans comments in response to fabregas deal)

daspecimen
23rd July '10, 12:25 PM
Campbell could be set to re-sign after rejecting the possibility of going to Newcastle or Sunderland. It's a straight fight between us and Celtic atm. It would make him the first player to sign for a premier league team 3 times lol

Rosicky could be next to exit after CSKA and Borussia Dortmund made enquires. Wenger is trying to trim down the non essential foreigners in line with the 25 player squad rule and bring through home grown youngsters

Almunia is pretty much done for for Fabianski stepping in until another keeper can be signed.

Eagle
23rd July '10, 01:41 PM
so has campbell actually been released?

gonna start an almunia thread

Mayfair Smooth
23rd July '10, 01:46 PM
Campbell could be set to re-sign after rejecting the possibility of going to Newcastle or Sunderland. It's a straight fight between us and Celtic atm. It would make him the first player to sign for a premier league team 3 times lol

Rosicky could be next to exit after CSKA and Borussia Dortmund made enquires. Wenger is trying to trim down the non essential foreigners in line with the 25 player squad rule and bring through home grown youngsters

Almunia is pretty much done for for Fabianski stepping in until another keeper can be signed.

how many times did juhninio(sp?) sign for Middlesbrough

daspecimen
23rd July '10, 04:26 PM
so has campbell actually been released?

gonna start an almunia thread

yes, campbell, gallas ans silvestre are all free agents now.

how many times did juhninio(sp?) sign for Middlesbrough

2 permanent spells and one on loan.

Mayfair Smooth
23rd July '10, 04:48 PM
yes, campbell, gallas ans silvestre are all free agents now.

2 permanent spells and one on loan.

oh seen, i didnt realise one was a loan

Bish
29th July '10, 04:52 PM
lol and so the same fucking shit ever year from wenger after letting 4 players go and half the amount of new signings coming in, with everyone hoping for more transfers the same old bulshit of the building up to "our squad is strong enough already" bollox begins

rsène Wenger is confident Arsenal can improve on last season's final League position, despite the money being spent by other clubs.

Manchester City in particular have splashed the cash in an attempt to muscle their way into the Premier League title race but Wenger is still convinced his side can improve on the third-place finish they achieved last term.

"I am very confident [we'll do better than last season]," he said. "We know in England that the Premier League is the biggest league in the world and everybody invests a lot of money.

"We invest in our work, in our beliefs, in the quality of our behaviour and I am confident that will pay off.

"We finished third last year and we hope we can improve on that. But the race will be tough."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-ll-improve-despite-others-investment-?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+arsenal-news+(News+Feed)

Tony Starks
29th July '10, 04:55 PM
Hes just too stubborn

The Don
29th July '10, 05:55 PM
lol was reading an article where it said it's like arsene views spending as the equivalent to cheating and it's true i swear

RIP Jakey
29th July '10, 06:13 PM
Far too stubborn

out there
30th July '10, 01:10 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6285877,00.html

Bish
30th July '10, 02:08 PM
that cunt needs to shut the fuck up. there are 2 reasons he cant leave

1. he's under contract
and
2. he's is under contract

Eric Cantona
30th July '10, 02:35 PM
Fabregas wouldn't even get into there 1st team lol

quality
30th July '10, 02:53 PM
It's a small squad, so it would have to be rotated. Iniesta will probably pick up an injury, as will Fabregas himself, so he would get games.

out there
3rd August '10, 12:51 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6292575,00.html

Triez
3rd August '10, 01:23 PM
We really need to sign a center back....we only have 3 at the mo

Bish
3rd August '10, 01:30 PM
we need an attacking midfielder desperately

Brisboy84
3rd August '10, 07:54 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6292575,00.html

I'm getting sick of this shit with Fabregas. Man should come out publically and say if he wants to stay or go. He's had nuff time. Wenger threw down the gauntlet to him by saying it's now up to him to speak out. The constant media speculation ain't good. And WTF is his grandmother doing getting involved as well? Shut the fuck up, it's got nothing to do with you.

Rant over lol.

Eric Cantona
3rd August '10, 07:57 PM
It's a small squad, so it would have to be rotated. Iniesta will probably pick up an injury, as will Fabregas himself, so he would get games.

Yeah but any important game, and they had a full squad to choose from, Fabregas wouldn't be playing

He needs to sought it out quickly

quality
3rd August '10, 08:17 PM
They could easily play Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Messi and Villa together.

The Don
3rd August '10, 10:21 PM
They could easily play Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Messi and Villa together.

Villa
Iniesta Messi

Cesc Xavi
Sergio

sorted

daspecimen
4th August '10, 07:53 AM
We really need to sign a center back....we only have 3 at the mo

apparently the bosnian captain is close to signing. not sure how true that is, because my understanding is he is a left footed/left sided player who can play at lb as well.

Bish
4th August '10, 09:44 AM
i hearrd he isnt any gd, tbh he just sounds like another silvestre to me

daspecimen
4th August '10, 09:55 AM
tony adams also said that tv5 wasnt the type of player arsenal needed......i know nothing of him other than what i have read and seen on youtube. people are slating him because he isnt mertersacker imo. if he joins, then he will have the chance to impress me.

sparky isn't letting schwarzer or konchesky leave so wonder what that means for the goalkeeping dilemma.

i would sooner a centre half with premier league experience or someone from italy.

Michael.
4th August '10, 10:43 AM
The more I hear about Fab going to Barca, the more I'm starting to hate him TBH.

Everyone knows he'll go next season if he doesn't go this season.

Eagle
4th August '10, 10:56 AM
mertesecker is shit. you should be glad you arent getting him

Switch
6th August '10, 01:11 AM
For my fellow GOONERS that are not apart of the arsenal fans social group

M1hF7YZ_2iU

Season preview can't wait until the season finally kicks off
pGUPTFz8tlM

daspecimen
6th August '10, 08:41 AM
Aneke looks like the next one to get the oppurtunity to stake a claim for the Carling cup

Switch
6th August '10, 10:01 AM
Defoe chatting shit again, the spuds aren't even officially in the champions league yet. also way comparing themselves to us, very sad.

http://www.teamtalk.com/arsenal/6297121/Spurs-will-outshine-Gunners-in-CL-Defoe

Bish
6th August '10, 10:35 AM
wot a cock

Eagle
6th August '10, 10:39 AM
defoe trolling >>>>>>>

Bish
6th August '10, 11:23 AM
defoes arrogance <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

RIP Jakey
6th August '10, 12:04 PM
I'd rather have Defoe than most of our strikeforce

Bish
6th August '10, 01:58 PM
Spain international Cesc Fabregas has confirmed he is staying with Arsenal for the new Premier League season.

The talented 23-year-old has been heavily linked with Barcelona this summer and he has admitted that two formal offers were tabled for his services.

The Gunners rejected Barca's moves and never changed their position throughout the summer, stating consistently that he was not for sale.

While Fabregas admits he was seriously tempted to rejoin the Catalan giants, he is now fully focused on performing for Arsenal.
He has been with the club since he was 16 after leaving Camp Nou and appreciates everything they have done for him over the years.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6297739,00.html?

Hij
6th August '10, 01:59 PM
Inside he'll be switching lol

Defoe's half brother >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RIP

daspecimen
6th August '10, 09:46 PM
Arsène Wenger is still pondering which goalkeeper will he his No 1 for the forthcoming season.

The Arsenal manager has also revealed that one of his four shotstoppers will head out on loan this season. But he is yet to decide who that will be.

Lukasz Fabianski accompanied the manager at a press conference in Warsaw on Friday evening. Both the 25-year-old and the Gunners' other Polish keeper Wojciech Szczesny will feature in Saturday's friendly against Legia Warsaw. However, the manager still doesn't know who will line up in goal at Anfield in just over a week's time.

"Still players fight for their place," he said. "Tomorrow Fabianski has another opportunity to show that he can play No 1.

"Wojciech is a goalkeeper of huge quality. At the moment we want to play for the title so I believe he needs some more experience to compete directly for the first goalkeeper position.

"But it depends a little bit. We have four goalkeepers, one of them will go out on loan, three have to stay so we do not know yet who will go out."

strikes me as he might not get a new keeper afterall. smh.

Genetically Genuine
6th August '10, 10:04 PM
strikes me as he might not get a new keeper afterall. smh.

I knew this would happen especially after Almunia pulled off a few good saves last week as well *puts head in hands*

Hickory Dickory
6th August '10, 10:15 PM
Wait what about vito mannone?

'nuum general
6th August '10, 10:16 PM
I think he's gonna wait a couple years then throw the young pole in to save ££££

Switch
6th August '10, 11:13 PM
I think he's gonna wait a couple years then throw the young pole in to save ££££Unfortunate but true, this will cost us during the season, without a doubt.

'nuum general
6th August '10, 11:17 PM
Unfortunate but true, this will cost us during the season, without a doubt.

I don't understand why he doesn't do like Fergie and spend a bit of money on a good keeper who is mid 30's. Would not cost more that 5m and would tie them over for 2 or 3 years until the pole is ready for them

Switch
6th August '10, 11:22 PM
I don't understand why he doesn't do like Fergie and spend a bit of money on a good keeper who is mid 30's. Would not cost more that 5m and would tie them over for 2 or 3 years until the pole is ready for themI think everyone knows this except him and it will be apart of his excuses later on when almunia starts to fail again (which he will) and he probably won't give vito a chance again even though when he played he was better the both our number 1 & 2 keepers.

daspecimen
7th August '10, 07:19 AM
i think he tried that with schwarzer, but didn't feel that the deal they wanted represented value for money.

there were rumours in the week of a loan deal for joe hart, but i can't realistically see man city agreeiing to that. a deal for given always struck me as the most likely.

todays sun talks about a 23/25 million bid for pepe reina which surfaced earlier in pre season when benitez was there and apparently turned down 10m

i'd sooner a new keeper came in and both mannone and chesney went out.

I knew this would happen especially after Almunia pulled off a few good saves last week as well *puts head in hands*

this. i think we had a joke about it at the time :sad:

Tony Starks
7th August '10, 09:10 AM
I don't understand. Almunia and Fabianski's form towards the end of the season was a fucking joke. What else does he need to realiise we need another keeper.

Switch
16th December '10, 12:21 PM
just thought i would share this, no else to put it really. 3rd Round in the youth FA Cup.

tHQSA6oP4Pc

Eagle
16th December '10, 12:25 PM
lol

Grimes
16th December '10, 01:50 PM
nice little training centre

Keyser Söze
16th December '10, 01:52 PM
just thought i would share this, no where else to put it really.

Could of put it in this thread.

http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74063

Switch
16th December '10, 05:59 PM
Could of put it in this thread.

http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74063never noticed this until now, will lookout for it in the future.

The Messiah
20th December '10, 04:19 PM
http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Spanish-Report-Barcelona-want-Arsenal-midfielder-Denilson/12656/

Sell quickly Wenger.

Eagle
20th December '10, 05:33 PM
http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Spanish-Report-Barcelona-want-Arsenal-midfielder-Denilson/12656/

Sell quickly Wenger.

smh if you actually believe that

Pristine Condition
20th December '10, 05:35 PM
LOL. I've got a chance at Barca signing me then

Josh
20th December '10, 05:40 PM
Denilson is a horrible player, he might get on the bench for us (Chesterfield) if he's lucky

Xtra P
21st December '10, 12:38 AM
If we shot Denilson to barca for 12 million euro's then Wenger truly is a hustler

nortside
21st December '10, 01:25 AM
i bet he would do alright in la liga, his pass n move game would do better in a less physical game where his pussyio self wouldn't get exposed so much

Grimes
21st December '10, 01:20 PM
denilson would be a silly purchase for barcelona

Michael.
21st December '10, 01:26 PM
If we shot Denilson to barca for 12 million euro's then Wenger truly is a hustler
He doesn't need to shot Denilson to prove he's a hustler.

Look how much he bought & sold Adebayor & Kolo for.

Eagle
21st December '10, 01:35 PM
look at how much he bought koscielny, squillachi, jeffers, r.wright and reyes for.

natural born hustler

Cazorla
21st December '10, 03:49 PM
look at how much he bought koscielny, squillachi, jeffers, r.wright and reyes for.

natural born hustler

Hardly any loss was made on Reyes (signed for around £10m which would've rose to £17m with appearances, sold for around the same price)
Wright only cost £2m (would've rose to £6m with appearances)

Jeffers, Kos & Squillachi (Fair Enough)

Henry £10m (Sold for £16m)
Vieira £3.5m (Sold for £14m)
Overmars £5m (Sold for £25m)
Toure £150,000 (Sold for £16m)
Anelka £500,000 (Sold for £23m)
Adebayor £7m (Sold For £25m)
Fabregas (Free Transfer who we'll make at the very least £30m - £35m off)

The Messiah
21st December '10, 03:59 PM
Hardly any loss was made on Reyes (signed for around £10m which would've rose to £17m with appearances, sold for around the same price)
Wright only cost £2m (would've rose to £6m with appearances)

Jeffers, Kos & Squillachi (Fair Enough)

Henry £10m (Sold for £16m)
Vieira £3.5m (Sold for £14m)
Overmars £5m (Sold for £25m)
Toure £150,000 (Sold for £16m)
Anelka £500,000 (Sold for £23m)
Adebayor £7m (Sold For £25m)
Fabregas (Free Transfer who we'll make at the very least £30m - £35m off)

Why did you even bother? There have been at least 4 Arsenal fans who were reading that post as I was reading it. We all said nothing, because it doesn't deserve a reply. Treat him like a child if he's behaving like one. Ignore his taunts and he'll eventually find something else to do.

Eagle
21st December '10, 04:18 PM
ok im sorry. wenger is perfect and has never made a huge error in the transfer market.

i'd expect more from guys who claim to be intelligent

Cazorla
21st December '10, 04:36 PM
Why did you even bother? There have been at least 4 Arsenal fans who were reading that post as I was reading it. We all said nothing, because it doesn't deserve a reply. Treat him like a child if he's behaving like one. Ignore his taunts and he'll eventually find something else to do.

He won't though, he has no life.

Literally every time i see Arsenal mentioned in a thread he's there regardless of whether people ignore him or not filling the thread with co2.

You're right though about not responding, i won't from now on it's bait he's attention seeking.

Mr_C!!
22nd December '10, 04:28 PM
Samba's saying he wants to leave Blackburn... Wenger - Samba n Vermallan = buy!