PDA

View Full Version : Does football need a drastic revamp of its rules?

Famous?
3rd July '10, 02:51 PM
After some of the refereeing decisions at this World Cup, debates have arisen in regards to making the game 'Fair'. Lets look at 3 stand out decisions that for me, have highlighted the fact the rules need to be changed:

1) Frank Lampard 'Ghost Goal' Vs Germany

Needless to say, the most controversial talking point of the tournament. 2 Yards over the line, assistants missed it.

My recommendation: Hawk eye goal line technology or the chip in the ball that tells the officials whether it crossed the line or not.

2) Tevez First goal Vs. Mexico

Quite comfortably 2/3 yards offside when ball played though to him, but yet again missed by the officials. Replay shown on big screen immediately after which caused uproar.

My recommendation: For goals similar to this, a referral system has to be used, if the referee has doubts then he can refer it to the fourth official. If the TEAM has doubts but the referee thinks it was good, the TEAM can appeal and get 3 referrals per game to appeal against a decision.

3) Suarez goal-line handball Vs. Ghana

Last nights talking point, clearly going in, deliberate hand ball and subsequent red card, yet Ghana missed the penalty even though everyone KNOWS that was going in. Ghana then lose on penalties.

My recommendation: If a player handles like that, the rule should be changed to the player is booked and similar to Rugby with tries a 'Penalty goal' is given. Rule only applies in relation to goal line saves, not say if a player were to handle 5/6 yards out if a shot were on target.

Thought? Your recommendations? Just something I've been thinking about tbh.

Grizzly
3rd July '10, 03:21 PM
i think they should do the video replay thing.

will make the game completely fair imo

Equilibrium
3rd July '10, 03:24 PM
they need to be more harsh on diving, it ruins matches for me. before suarezs handball he was diving all over the shop was disguting

NaiJaBoY
3rd July '10, 03:36 PM
Yes there needs to be goal line tech

But everything else should be left alone, the fourth official with the monitor should speak to the ref a bit more.

'nuum general
3rd July '10, 03:54 PM
no

Mr Nasri
3rd July '10, 04:07 PM
3rd = A PENALTY WAS GIVEN.
SO NO WAY MAN

they need to be more harsh on diving, it ruins matches for me. before suarezs handball he was diving all over the shop was disguting

diving is hard to see. alot of people are scared of getting injured so tend to jump out of the way

Famous?
3rd July '10, 07:47 PM
Yeah but do you not think just giving a goal would be easier, case in point last night that was deffo going in, and only suarez hand stops it, that is deliberately cheating. I don't give a fuck about 'you'd have done the same thing' it's still deliberately cheating and we KNOW it would have been a goal. Imagine if that would have happened to England last night and we'd seen Suarez celebrating like that, there would be uproar

adidasgrandad
3rd July '10, 08:40 PM
how about a sort of 4th official type of person at either end of the pitch. 6 pairs of eyes are better than 4.

Pezman
3rd July '10, 10:00 PM
Yeah but do you not think just giving a goal would be easier, case in point last night that was deffo going in, and only suarez hand stops it, that is deliberately cheating. I don't give a fuck about 'you'd have done the same thing' it's still deliberately cheating and we KNOW it would have been a goal. Imagine if that would have happened to England last night and we'd seen Suarez celebrating like that, there would be uproar

A penalty is a fair decision

ghett0
4th July '10, 10:29 PM
how about a sort of 4th official type of person at either end of the pitch. 6 pairs of eyes are better than 4.

like the ones they had in europa league?