Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Hij
8th May '08, 12:02 PM
Barry to Liverpool?
Ronaldinho to Man City?
Henry to an English Club? Arsenal?
Terminator to Inter Milan?
Hleb to Italy?

Whose going where and who do you wanna sign?

whats_the_score?
8th May '08, 12:06 PM
"Manchester United will turn to Ajax's Klaas Jan Huntelaar if Spurs ask too much for Dimitar Berbatov"

I'm not bothered which one, but Berba will cost alot more.

Hij
8th May '08, 12:06 PM
Apparently we could get Berbatov, but Benitez isn't impressed with his work rate and tracking back and wants players that contribute to the team as well as just scoring goals.

I'd love to see a 4-4-2 with him and Torres, but we'd never get him as Benitez don't even want him :(

Anonymous
8th May '08, 12:07 PM
Apparently Palacios & Valencia to Man Utd?
I see Man Utd plucking some more young talent from Portugal such as Veloso and/or Bosingwa.
Also if we win the Champs League I would expect a big signing such as Benzema.

Tangelo
8th May '08, 12:08 PM
Berba is lazy as fuck. I know its his 'styly' of play but when you see Tevez running back like a mad man you know we got the better guy.

Tangelo
8th May '08, 12:09 PM
Also if we win the Champs League I would expect a big signing such as Benzema.

Yh Fergie has been after him for a bit.

whats_the_score?
8th May '08, 12:10 PM
Yeah Berba and Torres would be sick.

Fergie wants the young players again a RB and a ST are his main priority I think. It makes sense to get these young players given the experienced players we have now.

kossa
8th May '08, 12:21 PM
united have already got a striker called manucho who looked decent in the african nations but we need another left and right back

liverpool should go for quersma i think the could do with a left back and another striker

arsenal are fucked i cant see them finishing in top four next season if there not gonna buy big and pay big wages

spurs linked with eto which would be a good buy

and chelski the bottomless pit could get whoever they want

S.Man
8th May '08, 12:25 PM
arsenal are fucked i cant see them finishing in top four next season if there not gonna buy big and pay big wages

Didnt make any big signings last yr n look were we ended up!

True tho we do need to spend some money! David Villa, Ben Arfa, a decent holding mid-fielder, centre-back.

kossa
8th May '08, 12:29 PM
what 3rd one place better off. this is how stupid wenger is he could of offfered flamini more money got him to sign a 4 year deal and got a transfer fee for him instead he let him go on a free and will now have to buy someone who wont be as good

S.Man
8th May '08, 12:34 PM
True.

But you cant say we wont finish outside the top 4 when last season ppl wrote us off n we lead for most of the season. What we lack is depth in the squad and for a few players to take the game upon their shulders n create something.

Much like ronaldo and torres do.

Adebayor did at the start of the season but he got to big for his boots.
Fabregas is that player for us but he is only young, and you expect him to carry the team every game he plays in!

kossa
8th May '08, 12:39 PM
walcott could be that player for you next season

Eric Cantona
8th May '08, 12:52 PM
Benzema don't want to move to England i heard, i don't blame him either

Lahm to Utd though, ;)

FG
8th May '08, 12:54 PM
Arsenal won't be held to ransom by players who aren't world class

Flamini isn't world class, he done good this season, and he did well when he had to fill in at left back a bit ago

We have Denilson in the wings, who has experience, as well as Diaby who would be more of a goal threat. Gilberto is around for a bit of experience, and Alex Song can play centre-mid, he has a bright future

Flamini wants to play for AC, he;s getting big money as well so fair enough, but I would be surprised if he becomes a France regular, fuck it a Milan regular

He's made a mistake. He's a decent player but he's replaceable, if Hleb left that would be a much bigger blow

Quality Control
8th May '08, 12:59 PM
Miralem Pjanic to Arsenal

RIP Jakey
8th May '08, 12:59 PM
Big thread.

yeah arsenal need an experienced defensive midfielder or defender and it sounds like thats what wengers goin for from interviews i've seen.

Hij
8th May '08, 01:23 PM
Didnt make any big signings last yr n look were we ended up!.

I agree you need to spend, but Ill lose all respect for Wenger as a manager if he raids the coffers to purchase some quality signings. His bleating about 'building from the youth' and not having to spend money would mean fuck all if he invested this summer and pointing at all the other clubs in comparison to Arsenal- would just look hilarious.

I think recently hes lost a few of the big games that you need to go for you and hes shown himself to be a very very bitter old man- Im not denying hes an excellent coach, an excellent manager and a brilliant scout for talent, I just think he does not know how to lose graciously.

Anyway, thats for another thread. I think anyone writing Arsenal off for not spending in the Summer would be very very foolish, but on the other hand if they do spend it would make a mockery of the wage structure (and the reason they lost Flamini). If Wenger makes a big signing, why couldn't he have just offerered Flamini an extra £10k a week and kept him?

See the logic?

Hij
8th May '08, 01:26 PM
He's made a mistake. He's a decent player but he's replaceable, if Hleb left that would be a much bigger blow

But, as a continental player, was the lure of Milan (as a city), and the second most succesful team in Europe as well as an extra pay packet not a big factor in his decision?

Hardly like he joined say, Fiorentina or Real Betis- its AC fucking Milan ;)

Wenger needs to act quick, your very quickly turning into us, a leagueless side and the appeal of Arsenal (like Liverpool) is not the same as Chelsea, United, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Barcelona.

Hij
8th May '08, 01:26 PM
walcott could be that player for you next season
Needs to bench press over the summer.

S.Man
8th May '08, 01:27 PM
Yea i completely agree Hij.

But fact is everyone is sayin we need world class players etc. Well they cost money and Arsenal arent gunna break the bank when we do have a good youth team. But what we do need is someone like Flamini who will hunt the ball down n give 110%.

It would be nice to have some world class players coem to us but i dnt think they are necessary. We need experience, pace and depth in the squad.

& i think Walcott and hopefully Vela will be influential next yr!

Eric Cantona
8th May '08, 01:28 PM
Walcott will flop hard when he gets his chance lol.

Giovani Santos is going to Man City as well, very suprising.

Eric Cantona
8th May '08, 01:29 PM
Carlos Vela is one to watch next year though.

Hij
8th May '08, 01:31 PM
Vela is sick on Football Manager, so who knows? :D

Walcott is one for the future, but I can't help thinking he needs more muscle.

RIP Jakey
8th May '08, 01:37 PM
Vela is sick on Football Manager, so who knows? :D

Walcott is one for the future, but I can't help thinking he needs more muscle.

he does well when he comes on, not so much when he's on from the start. If he bulks up it would help his game as long as he keeps his pace.

S.Man
8th May '08, 01:39 PM
Yea he does need some more strength but the games iv seen him play you can see that over the past 2seasons he has matured and is become a tougher player.

But who knows???

I cant wait till next season.

FG
8th May '08, 01:40 PM
Walcott has put on bulk still (no homo), been pleased with his progress second half of this season

I aint pissed at Flamini or anything, the free transfer was a bit annoying but we didn't pay much for him. I said it is a step back for him because English legue is better, and he got a chance with France while at Arsenal which he didn;t have before

I wish him well, he was a decent player for us

Hij your comments about Wenger raiding the coffers won't happen. Wenger has only made about 5 10 million+ signings while manager, we have a good cohort of young players, we just need a couple players with a bit of class, to complement and lead the younger players

Hij
8th May '08, 01:42 PM
Hij your comments about Wenger raiding the coffers won't happen. Wenger has only made about 5 10 million+ signings while manager, we have a good cohort of young players, we just need a couple players with a bit of class, to complement and lead the younger players
Yeah I dunno what hes gonna do, just saying if he does spend hes a hypocrit.

Im putting £100 away each month for games next season. Should have 5-6 games sorted by August!

Sergeant Mdot
8th May '08, 03:05 PM
tbh Wenger is sik

A very proud man tho and i do think that can be his downful somtimes. I agree we need to spend a bit more money on experiecned players. But season after season wenger brings is quality talent. When he does spend big it usually flops and I think that is why hes a bit scared of spending alot. Who remembers Jose Antonio Reyes? £17,mil I think he cost and he flopped discustingly (did score a 100mph bullet against chelsea mind you..).

But yeah, next season with Van Persie back to his best and I think we'll look like a much better team. If Helb goes it will be a blow. We still got Rosicky to come back aswell!

But hopefully a few new players will be brought in.

Clive Eboue
8th May '08, 03:20 PM
No-one can doubt Wenger, and if they do they're retarded lol...

Walcott WILL be immense soon enough. He has stepped up his physical game and looks a lot more confident in his overall play.

Shopping List: Towering centre-back, Flamini replacement, One class (maybe two) winger.

We will be sorted trust me.

Clive Eboue
8th May '08, 03:22 PM
tbh Wenger is sik

A very proud man tho and i do think that can be his downful somtimes. I agree we need to spend a bit more money on experiecned players. But season after season wenger brings is quality talent. When he does spend big it usually flops and I think that is why hes a bit scared of spending alot. Who remembers Jose Antonio Reyes? £17,mil I think he cost and he flopped discustingly (did score a 100mph bullet against chelsea mind you..).

But yeah, next season with Van Persie back to his best and I think we'll look like a much better team. If Helb goes it will be a blow. We still got Rosicky to come back aswell!

But hopefully a few new players will be brought in.

Its true about Reyes. Who had really heard of Eduardo and Sagna? Both real quality players, if we can bring in more players of their calibre I will be very happy.

Hleb has no final product, it won't be that much of a blow. He chooses when he wants to play. Better if we keep him but I won't lose sleep if we sell him. He needs competition for his place to keep him on his toes in my opinion...

JACK
8th May '08, 03:23 PM
judgin from all those rumours, top 4 aint lookin like its gna change next season...... (man u 1st, then chelsea, arsenal nd liverpool)

Eric Cantona
8th May '08, 03:28 PM
No-one can doubt Wenger, and if they do they're retarded lol...

Yes your right, it's been trophy's galore at Arsenal so you can't doubt him can you.

Sergeant Mdot
8th May '08, 03:31 PM
in a season or 2 (depending on weather other players leave) I firmly belive we will have a trophy winning team.

Hij
8th May '08, 03:40 PM
judgin from all those rumours, top 4 aint lookin like its gna change next season...... (man u 1st, then chelsea, arsenal nd liverpool)

Bet you £100 we don't finish 4th next season.

Quality Control
8th May '08, 03:41 PM
why can people not doubt Wenger but everyone and their granny is doubting Rafa Benitez

Hij
8th May '08, 03:44 PM
Wenger has admittedly had a lot more Premiership experience.

Im confident we'll do better, Rafael Benitez' winning percentage has just passed Shankly's (although again admittedly you need to win more games in the modern era).

Tangelo
8th May '08, 04:04 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7390493.stm

lol crackhead

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 04:05 PM
Chelsea willing to pay 55million for Ramos. That is mad money for a defender

I think Liverpool will bid for Villa, Valencia are going to need the money.

Lahm will be at United either this season or next

City top to land Dos Santos at 7.8million. Thats a bargain imo

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 04:06 PM
Hahahaha, who would pay 15million for Crouch? Chelsea-no, United- no, Arsenal-no, Everton-no, Portsmouth- no. The list goes on till about Sunderland, Roy Keane likes to spend stupid money.

Hij
8th May '08, 04:09 PM
Hahahaha, who would pay 15million for Crouch? Chelsea-no, United- no, Arsenal-no, Everton-no, Portsmouth- no. The list goes on till about Sunderland, Roy Keane likes to spend stupid money.

Crouch is worth at least £10m though- English, works hard and has scored bare for England.

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 04:12 PM
Crouch is worth at least £10m though- English, works hard and has scored bare for England.

Yes but who would buy him. He's best of staying at Liverpool because no other top club is going to buy him.

Hij
8th May '08, 04:13 PM
Yes but who would buy him. He's best of staying at Liverpool because no other top club is going to buy him.
Rafa probably wants 11-12m- but if he asked for that much, he'd get offered £9-10.

Ask high, get a bid nearer what you want.

Reckon he'll be off for £11m to Pompey.

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 04:14 PM
The same Pompey that had to wait for the Benjani deal to go through so they could fund buying Defoe? Maybe Aston Villa?

Tangelo
8th May '08, 04:17 PM
Ashley Young? Where you think he is going to go?

Cant see him staying at Villa after next season if he doesnt leave during the transfer window

JACK
8th May '08, 04:18 PM
Bet you £100 we don't finish 4th next season.

who are you gonna finish above then?

arsenal will get one or two players dat will actually add something to the team results next season i guess + when van persie is on fire hes alot, nd so is adebayor = chance of being higher than arsenal = 30-40%

if messi joins chelseas midfield nd lampard stays then boy, best midfield in the world i wud say? some1 near as gd as drogba wud sort dem out aswell, shevchenko is a batty nd i think hes goin back 2 milan, nd no doubt dere will be other big transfers like ramos or whoever else, they shud keep grant nd not let rijkaard be the boss doe = chance of you being higher than chelsea = 20%

nuffin to say bout man utd, dere unbeatable, nd definately not by liverpool

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 04:20 PM
I still cant believe how Chelsea fuck up or stunt the growth of players.

JACK
8th May '08, 04:21 PM
and if henry wont sellout nd doesnt move to one of dem american teams, i can see him joinin only arsenal......

and dats a gd move if he lets fabregas or whoever else to be the leader, now man shud be like bergkamp few yrs ago, always willing to help but never in the spotlight

Hij
8th May '08, 04:25 PM
who are you gonna finish above then?

arsenal will get one or two players dat will actually add something to the team results next season i guess + when van persie is on fire hes alot, nd so is adebayor = chance of being higher than arsenal = 30-40%

if messi joins chelseas midfield nd lampard stays then boy, best midfield in the world i wud say? some1 near as gd as drogba wud sort dem out aswell, shevchenko is a batty nd i think hes goin back 2 milan, nd no doubt dere will be other big transfers like ramos or whoever else, they shud keep grant nd not let rijkaard be the boss doe = chance of you being higher than chelsea = 20%

2005/2006 - Above Arsenal
2006/2007 - Above Arsenal
2007/2008 - Below Arsenal

This is one of the posts, I'm gonna save and bring it back up later on, because Arsenal weren't even meant to be in the top 4 this season and they are.

And Messi won't join Chelsea, your own argument was deaded on its own there.

Lets up the stakes then, Make it £1,000 payable on the last day of the season and we can do it official- bearing in mind the odds I'd get at the bookies would be slightly higher, your getting a sick bet- its nailed on, according to you we have a 30% chance of getting top 3, so thats what 70% chance to land a Grandad (no homez).

Hij
8th May '08, 04:26 PM

:D

2006 - Chelsea - League Champions
2007 - Chelsea - League Champions

If you draw against Wigan, well...

JACK
8th May '08, 04:29 PM

This is one of the posts, I'm gonna save and bring it back up later on, because Arsenal weren't even meant to be in the top 4 this season and they are.

Lets up the stakes then, Make it £1,000 payable on the last day of the season and we can do it official.

wen all the transfers are done, ima holla wots my stake, 1000 is far too much specially wen all dis talk is gossip at dis moment in time

btw, who are u saying ur above then? arsenal? chelsea? both?

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 04:30 PM
Woah, Hij is going on serious.

If Chelsea go transfer crazy which I predict they will, they will still finish 2nd lol

United need to get a quality right back so Hargreaves can go back in midfield where he plays very well. Giggs has had a shocker this season and I believe Nani will be first-choice.
Fletcher has stepped his game up in a large way and if we get Veloso then our mid-field will be finished.
Campbell will probably spend the first 3 months of next season with Hull and if he does really well; he'll be back to us.

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 04:31 PM

I think I'll actually cry

Hij
8th May '08, 04:31 PM
Im saying we'll have a better season. We've had our best centre half out for most of the season with his metertasel.

For instance - (and I know its all conjecture).

We played 25 games with either Srktel or Agger playing and 13 without (the time we had to wait for Srktel to join (January).

In the 25 games we top the league compared to everyone else.

In the 13 we are just above mid table- that (among with two 6 pointers against United that we lost) was where we lost the title.

Last minute goal from Bramble at the Kop End and the Styles penalty that he gave for Malouda at Chelsea would be 4 more points already- trust me.

I just think that with better back up in defence that we now have, Torres, and a couple of wingers, theres every chance we can finish 2-3 points off whoever wins it (Not saying we are gonna win it), but we can definately finish higher in the table and a lot closer.

We'll call it £20 then.

JACK
8th May '08, 04:32 PM

unbeatable this season i meant, halfway through, who thought chelsea will have as much points as man u? dats enuff of a surprise already

i was hoping dat dey will flop against west ham as they usually do, but seeing as dey merked dem hard, wigan should be easier too

Hij
8th May '08, 04:34 PM
Chelsea lost the title against Wigan weirdly enough- they had to win that one.

Yeah, United are solid this season, but we never got over the Agger injury and with every man and his dog calling for Benitez to get sacked, Im not suprised certain players who didn't like the manager, didn't bother turning up over Christmas.

Note, Im not saying we would have won the league, but it was a critical injury with no back up- I'm saying we'd be 6-7 points closer which isn't as bad.

Sergeant Mdot
8th May '08, 04:39 PM
lol @ going from 1g to £20

but yh

Hij i gotta bet for you.

£100 that Arsenal will finish ABOVE liverpool next season.

Tangelo
8th May '08, 04:41 PM
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

*will he accept? he would be a fool not to*

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 04:42 PM
lol

Hij
8th May '08, 04:43 PM
lol @ going from 1g to £20

but yh

Hij i gotta bet for you.

£100 that Arsenal will finish ABOVE liverpool next season.

Ill get 2.4 with the bookies.

I give you £100 if Arsenal finish above, you give me £140 if Liverpool do.

Tangelo
8th May '08, 04:45 PM
*shocking tactics form hij... Is this a sign of strength of weakness*
*maybe he is not so confident with his side*

Sergeant Mdot
8th May '08, 04:45 PM
Deal

http://uniworldlogistics.com/web/graphic/HandShake.jpg

Tangelo
8th May '08, 04:47 PM
:stunned::stunned::stunned:

*shock move from Mdot J*
*boy he must really believe in his team lets hope he has not made a dreadful mistake*

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 04:49 PM
I'm backing Hij on this one, I dont think its 'liverpool's year' but they are going to spend big this summer, they still wont win it but they will be close.

Sergeant Mdot
8th May '08, 04:50 PM
will never happen

come on Arsenal are a much better side then liverpool.

You only knocked us out of the Champ League becos of TWO yes TWO SHOCKING decisions.

JACK
8th May '08, 04:51 PM
:stunned::stunned::stunned:

*shock move from Mdot J*
*boy he must really believe in his team lets hope he has not made a dreadful mistake*

lol at the stirring

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 04:53 PM
Arsenal ran out of steam loong before then

Sergeant Mdot
8th May '08, 04:54 PM
when we drew to birmingham it was to another shocking decision

no1 can dispute the fact that weve had the worst luck this season with injuries and other shit.

Hij
8th May '08, 04:55 PM
*shocking tactics form hij... Is this a sign of strength of weakness*
*maybe he is not so confident with his side*
Its just betting sense- why make a bet with a person on a 50-50 outcome with a 50-50 split, when you can bet on a 60-40 outcome and get 60 instead?

JACK
8th May '08, 04:57 PM
Arsenal ran out of steam loong before then

real talk tbh

but dat arsenal wiv henry, vieira, pires, ljungberg, ashley cole nd bergkamp was too fucked (i dno which yr was dat)

Hij
8th May '08, 04:58 PM
2001?

Tangelo
8th May '08, 05:00 PM
Its just betting sense- why make a bet with a person on a 50-50 outcome with a 50-50 split, when you can bet on a 60-40 outcome and get 60 instead?

It was a joke stil

Couldnt give a shit just wanted you two to have a bet that one of you will regret

Sergeant Mdot
8th May '08, 05:00 PM
not to mention sol campbell and lauren (when he was sik)

Edu also who was fuckin quality....we really let ourselves down in the players we let leave.

Tangelo
8th May '08, 05:01 PM
Whats happening with Eduardo? any news on when he is back?

JACK
8th May '08, 05:02 PM
not to mention sol campbell and lauren (when he was sik)

Edu also who was fuckin quality....we really let ourselves down in the players we let leave.

never was a fan of lauren tbh, and i will never be a fan of fat players like campbell neither, but true say dat dat team was class

Sergeant Mdot
8th May '08, 05:03 PM
Whats happening with Eduardo? any news on when he is back?

Well he was predicted to be out for around 9 months

cant memba when they said that tho

he may come back late next season tho i reckon

takes a wile for ur foot to connect back on to ur leg :stunned:

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 05:03 PM
I just think having experianced professionals at a club is the difference between Arsenal and United. I mean Solksjear is our striker coach and we've still got Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand and VDS who provide a good example for the youngers. Wenger should not have been so quick to get rid of all the 'OAP's'

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 05:04 PM
Oh and Senderos is SHIT

JACK
8th May '08, 05:05 PM
Wenger should not have been so quick to get rid of all the 'OAP's'

get me, atleast 3 of the 2001 dream team mentioned shud still be in arsenal

Sergeant Mdot
8th May '08, 05:05 PM
I just think having experianced professionals at a club is the difference between Arsenal and United. I mean Solksjear is our striker coach and we've still got Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand and VDS who provide a good example for the youngers. Wenger should not have been so quick to get rid of all the 'OAP's'

we never had OAP's lol

we had players in their prime and sold them.

but now weve got the best potential team in the world tbh.

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 05:08 PM
we never had OAP's lol

we had players in their prime and sold them.

but now weve got the best potential team in the world tbh.

Exactly, potential means fuck all unless you tap into that. That Arsenal team gave it their best and flopped.

Sergeant Mdot
8th May '08, 05:12 PM
when i say potential i mean young players who are gaining experience.

we didnt flop tho we over acheived as we were written off from the strt newayz..

this season has proved wot we can do and with another season of experience now under our belt things can only get better.

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 05:19 PM
In terms of your players, you did the best that you could do. Next season is another story.

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 05:19 PM
And you did flop because its yet another trophy-less season

Hij
8th May '08, 05:24 PM
when i say potential i mean young players who are gaining experience.

we didnt flop tho we over acheived as we were written off from the strt newayz..

this season has proved wot we can do and with another season of experience now under our belt things can only get better.

Reaching 3rd is an over achievement? :D

Arsenals were quick to point at the press mid season and say 'fuck em' we're gonna win the league;

now your pointing back at them and saying 'well we over achieved'

i think its hilarious.

Pristine Condition
8th May '08, 05:26 PM
chelsea for the league nx season, if they keep grant

i can see us buyin pointless players tbh

we need a rb and a striker and that is it. tbh

giggs will go
scholes will go if we win da CL
neville will try and come bk, but he will not b given a chance. i say
van der sarr will get dropped, foster in

team will b strong nx season tho

Sergeant Mdot
8th May '08, 05:26 PM
i didnt expect us to win the prem at the start of the season.

But mid table with the way things were at the time wouldent you say your gonna try and win it ?

Pristine Condition
8th May '08, 05:27 PM
Reaching 3rd is an over achievement? :D

Arsenals were quick to point at the press mid season and say 'fuck em' we're gonna win the league;

now your pointing back at them and saying 'well we over achieved'

i think its hilarious.

so true

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 05:28 PM
Just found an interesting statistic. Since 2000, everytime Valencia have won La Liga; so have Arsenal. Everytime Madrid win the league- United win and everytime Chelsea win- Barcelona wins. I find that jokes.

So we've got the title lol Wigan should not bother turning up lol

Pristine Condition
8th May '08, 05:29 PM
valencia are gettin relegated nx season!!! omen?? lol

downfall of a gd team

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 05:30 PM
Hahahaha

Hij
8th May '08, 05:34 PM
valencia are gettin relegated nx season!!! omen?? lol

downfall of a gd team

They won their last game and need 2 points in 2 games to stay up.

The team in the relegation zone has to win both their games.

Aint happening.

Lady In Red
8th May '08, 05:37 PM
How a team with Villa, Silva, Vicente and Joaquin can potentially get relegated is beyond me

Pristine Condition
8th May '08, 05:49 PM
They won their last game and need 2 points in 2 games to stay up.

The team in the relegation zone has to win both their games.

Aint happening.

i did say nx season, coz all the big players will go in the summer

GrimePays
8th May '08, 06:49 PM
bosingwa would be sick still

Jay
8th May '08, 07:47 PM
Joaquin needs to be in the premiership.

'nuum general
8th May '08, 07:58 PM
kalou (the older one) to city is on the cards

GrimePays
8th May '08, 07:59 PM
jouquin and silva >>>> *

Entity
8th May '08, 11:22 PM
Man Utd need Benzema. He's something different to Rooney and Tevez, and young also. He'd be the ideal signing. Him and a new right back, Richards would be a unrealistic target, but would make our defence rock hard.

Mister Lacey
8th May '08, 11:30 PM
David Villa for around 20 million I hear for Arsenal. Benzema was another option but he does'nt want to leave France.
We will sell Senderos. I hear a lot of players might be leaving Barca if so I'd hope Toure comes to play with his brother. I hear we are looking at Dimitrov too some young Bulgarian guy.

Mister Lacey
8th May '08, 11:30 PM
I do think we will lose Hleb.

GrimePays
8th May '08, 11:35 PM
i swear down most man dont know that we have brazilian twins coming in. There like 17 or 18, one plays LB, one plays RB, Fabio and Rafael.

GrimePays
8th May '08, 11:35 PM
if we get Huntelaar, its a wrap for 08/09 season

Tangelo
8th May '08, 11:38 PM
i swear down most man dont know that we have brazilian twins coming in. There like 17 or 18, one plays LB, one plays RB, Fabio and Rafael.

Yah Dun Know!

There has been hype concerning these two little bastards for a while now, yet to see anything though

The media have already given them the nickname The Nevillihos (however you spell it)

GrimePays
8th May '08, 11:40 PM
Yah Dun Know!

There has been hype concerning these two little bastards for a while now, yet to see anything yet though

The media have already given them the nickname The Nevillihos (however you spell it)

LOOL

i wonder which one will be phill (reject)

Entity
9th May '08, 12:45 AM
They've already joined Man Utd, but they can't play competitively until they turn 18, so that means they can't play until next season.

Aych
9th May '08, 01:55 AM
wow....this is the most boring thread I have ever seen. Well done Hijimi, star prize!

:P

Grimes
9th May '08, 08:18 AM
Man Utd Will Flop Next Season

Grimes
9th May '08, 08:21 AM
will never happen

come on Arsenal are a much better side then liverpool.

You only knocked us out of the Champ League becos of TWO yes TWO SHOCKING decisions.

lmao better side when you failed to beat us this season, half your players are leaving anyway you're duppied

at the end of the day we scored more goals and that is what matches are about , no how many times you can beg for a penalty

Liverpool will win the league fuck it

Grimes
9th May '08, 08:22 AM
1 striker signing and we won the league

Hij
9th May '08, 09:14 AM
wow....this is the most boring thread I have ever seen. Well done Hijimi, star prize!

:P
LOOOL.

Look at the length and the passion.

Hij
9th May '08, 09:19 AM
Arsenals team is so good, Flamini and Hleb can't wait to leave.

Senderos and Lehmann are on their way out.

This season was apparenly 'transitional' surely next season is even more transitional.

whats_the_score?
9th May '08, 09:30 AM
"Alexander Hleb will rock Arsenal by buying out the remaining two years of his contract and moving to Inter Milan"

hahaha par.

Grimes
9th May '08, 09:42 AM
Arsenal are truely pissed their hoping Arsene can pull out some fairy dust out his pocket once again

Mister Lacey
9th May '08, 10:03 AM
Come on you fucking Arsenal haters...
Fuck off.
You're acting like we're Crystal Palace or some shit.
Arsene must know we need some key signings this summer and we'll probably get some. I think we'll end up with Villa for sure, we have the young Mexican striker still (forgot his name right now)... We need someone in Midfield and a solid Defender (we've needed one since Sol left) Walcott will surely get a lot more starts next season and if Hleb leaves yeah it'll leave another gap that needs to be filled but don't go on like we'll finish 10th or some fucking shit. Always top 3 mate and if we get the players needed then we could easily win the league/champs league...

Mister Lacey
9th May '08, 10:07 AM
LOL at Bendtners dad reassuring Arsenal fans he'll be staying...
Fuck off.

Mister Lacey
9th May '08, 10:22 AM
The Telegraph is saying we are also looking at Alberto Aquilani and Barry.

Hij
9th May '08, 10:24 AM
We'll get Barry ;)

Hij
9th May '08, 10:24 AM
Anyone wanna say nefin to Scratcha just post here and ill send him a text i got unlimited ones init

Mister Lacey
9th May '08, 10:26 AM
lol yeah tell him how you mans are rubbishing Arsenal and saying we're gonna flop next season.

Hij
9th May '08, 10:27 AM
LMAO
wrong thread
what a pleb.

Mister Lacey
9th May '08, 10:28 AM
Oi Hij you gonna be around later on MSN?
Around 9ish-10ish pm

whats_the_score?
9th May '08, 10:31 AM
That confused me then, I wasn't even sure which thread I was in!

Mister Lacey
9th May '08, 10:32 AM
On a side note I'd actually like Liverpool to strengthen their squad and actually put a real title challenge in next season (no send).

whats_the_score?
9th May '08, 10:33 AM
Liverpool need to try and sign Ramos instead of Chelsea.

Hij
9th May '08, 10:39 AM
A centre back?

Srktel and Agger are quality.
Carragher is great.
Hobbs is coming through.

We have 4 capable centre backs. We need a left back or Insua to step up. A right back could do.

I'd say a Striker, and a right winger.

Anonymous
9th May '08, 11:14 AM
"Alexander Hleb will rock Arsenal by buying out the remaining two years of his contract and moving to Inter Milan"

hahaha par.

LOL That is a par.

Hleb's agent Nikolai Shpilevski told Belarussian paper Pressball: "Alexander is preparing to make the most important moves of his life. He is leaving Arsenal even though they want to offer him a new long-term contract and better conditions."

He added: "Only time will tell if leaving is the right decision, but there's no way back now. Everything will be cleared up in the next two weeks."

Also I honestly dont think Gareth Barry is all that.

Mister Lacey
9th May '08, 11:17 AM
Hleb is replaceable though tbh...

Anonymous
9th May '08, 11:32 AM
Hleb is a good player.
Replaceable? Yes. But at what cost?

Jae Dave
9th May '08, 12:29 PM
2007/2008 - Below Arsenal

Lets up the stakes then, Make it £1,000 payable on the last day of the season and we can do it official- bearing in mind the odds I'd get at the bookies would be slightly higher, your getting a sick bet- its nailed on, according to you we have a 30% chance of getting top 3, so thats what 70% chance to land a Grandad (no homez).

if one player remains at barca after the catalan clear out it'll be messi! hes been at that club since he was a kid...

Hij
9th May '08, 12:58 PM
Anonymous, Im under the understanding, that the Olympics kicks off in the first month of the season and we'll be without Javier and Lucas, added to the fact we don't really have a good left winger, I think we're signing Barry as a useful squad player, who is a step up from our current squad players - e.g Riise.

Quality Control
9th May '08, 01:02 PM
signing Barry will just compound the boring football Liverpool already play

you need to sign some more classy players

and@the Arsenal fans saying "fuck Hleb".....wasn't he your best player last week? now he's shit and you don't need him?

Grimes
9th May '08, 01:05 PM

I swear people didn't watch liverpool's season (first to 100 goals)

Grimes
9th May '08, 01:08 PM
Barry is a wastebuy anyway

Quality Control
9th May '08, 01:10 PM
I swear people didn't watch liverpool's season (first to 100 goals)

i hate the way they play

it's ugly football

singing Torres was a big step in the right direction though

Lady In Red
9th May '08, 01:13 PM
Chelsea play worse football

Anyway, Hleb gone? Shocked. Arsenal dont really want to win anything next season do they?

Clive Eboue
9th May '08, 01:16 PM

and@the Arsenal fans saying "fuck Hleb".....wasn't he your best player last week? now he's shit and you don't need him?

Any true Arsenal fan will tell you this about Hleb:

*Obviously great technical ability
*Plays well once every 4 games
*Lazy and complacent
*No end product

3 goals in a season for a player playing off of a striker is absolutely PATHETIC. Easily replaced in my opinion.

Ideal situation would be to keep him and buy someone to challenge for his position so he can;t be complacent any more...

and lol@a Liverpool title challenge

S.Man
9th May '08, 01:30 PM
Hleb going?? Its the fucking agents again running their mouths!

2b fair he is one of the best dribblers in the premiership but i couldnt care that much if he went as long as we find a suitable replacement!

The amount of chances he missed, the amount times he lost the ball because he didnt shoot or pass near the box. I would like him to stay as he is an asset to our team and after the departure of flamini but hleb is replacable and his abscence wont be felt as much as the flamster!!

Clive Eboue
9th May '08, 01:37 PM
Hleb going?? Its the fucking agents again running their mouths!

2b fair he is one of the best dribblers in the premiership but i couldnt care that much if he went as long as we find a suitable replacement!

The amount of chances he missed, the amount times he lost the ball because he didnt shoot or pass near the box. I would like him to stay as he is an asset to our team and after the departure of flamini but hleb is replacable and his abscence wont be felt as much as the flamster!!

Exactly.

We are guna have real problems replacing the Flamster, he really had the perfect partnership (no homes) with Cesc.

Lady In Red
9th May '08, 01:49 PM
Nah but what is going on with Arsenal? Now news that Adebayor will leave if he is not offered 80k-a-week!!!!!!! Its all gone abit mad

Hij
9th May '08, 02:00 PM
Nah but what is going on with Arsenal? Now news that Adebayor will leave if he is not offered 80k-a-week!!!!!!! Its all gone abit mad
Bullshit?

Let me know a source

Hij
9th May '08, 02:01 PM

If we won every match next season 1-0 with boring football and took the quadruple you wouldn't see me complaining.

Clive Eboue
9th May '08, 02:03 PM

Let me tell you this now. Adebayor ain't going nowhere. I work in the shop at Emirates and you can tell he has a genuine love of the club, he's always doing voluntary shit around the area.

He's one of the only players who if he says that he's staying, i'll believe him.

S.Man
9th May '08, 02:15 PM
But he seems that sort of player! Fair enough you may know him better but from an outside view he sems very big headed. He wants the club to revolve around him.

When we began to dip in form i saw at most games he would screw for not gettin a pass played thru to him. I lost alot of respect for him thru the season. But i do believe that he will stay. I cnt see him leaving now anyway. Hopefully he continues to improve and keeps himself grounded and remains humble!

Clive Eboue
9th May '08, 02:27 PM
But he seems that sort of player! Fair enough you may know him better but from an outside view he sems very big headed. He wants the club to revolve around him.

When we began to dip in form i saw at most games he would screw for not gettin a pass played thru to him. I lost alot of respect for him thru the season. But i do believe that he will stay. I cnt see him leaving now anyway. Hopefully he continues to improve and keeps himself grounded and remains humble!

I don't actually proper know him lol...

But yeah, he will stay believe me.

Would anyone like to buy Eboue? Please????

Anonymous
9th May '08, 02:50 PM
I used to think Eboue was sick around the time Arsenal reached the Champs League final...Now I think hes fell off.

Quality Control
9th May '08, 02:51 PM
Would anyone like to buy Eboue? Please????

alright then, i'm not paying over £15 though (no purchasingafricanrentboyo)

adidasgrandad
9th May '08, 03:12 PM
*prays west ham buy someone good*

dyer, faubert, parker = cripples

we need someone whose gonna score 20 goals and few wingers

Clive Eboue
9th May '08, 03:18 PM
alright then, i'm not paying over £15 though (no purchasingafricanrentboyo)

£15?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

DEALL!!!!!...

Na he hasn't fallen off, he's just not a right midefielder. We should sell Hoyte and use Eboue as a back up right back (where he is still quality).

Ain't got SHIT on Sagna though...

Hij
9th May '08, 04:01 PM
Eboue is a cheating, low life cunt.

Lady In Red
9th May '08, 04:02 PM
Eboue is a cheating, low life cunt.

Amen, he would fit in at Chelsea very well

S.Man
9th May '08, 04:10 PM
Amen, he would fit in at Chelsea very well

LOL!

Him and Mikel must of been seperated from birth!

Lady In Red
9th May '08, 04:14 PM
Mikel is a top derkkkkkkhead. I hate the whole Chelsea team except Lampard and Essien. I hate Drogba's diving but am I the only one who thinks he actually comes across as a decent guy? I dunno, when he is not being shot like 50 Cent, he seems decent.

S.Man
9th May '08, 04:19 PM
Im not Lampards biggest fan.

I think Essien is immense and would walk into any squad in the world! Same with Ballack. Dont like him much but them two are some of the most complete footballers of our time!

The only thing that annoys me about drogba is the diving but recently he hasnt been to bad. Its when foreign players first come to England they dive so much coz they cnt firm the pysicality of the game. But after a few seasons they toughen up and become world class players. Look at Drogba and Ronaldo, when they first played they dived at every opportunity but now they bulked up n learnt to use their strength they are incredible players!

Lady In Red
9th May '08, 04:22 PM
True say.
Nani was an embarrassment against West Ham, I cringed when he fluttered to the floor like he was fainting. He needs to cut that out, Roy Keane would have sorted him out nicely lol

S.Man
9th May '08, 04:27 PM
Yea i know.

Still it wernt as jokes as this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyA_MB9l-b4

Anonymous
9th May '08, 04:27 PM
Essien is alot. I hate lampard.

Lady In Red
9th May '08, 04:37 PM
Yea i know.

Man I was crying, that was jokes. I wonder how often they practice, Drogba performs it like its an art.

GrimePays
9th May '08, 05:10 PM
Liverpool going after Barry

another mediocre buy

what is it with Rafa and mediocre players

Grimes
9th May '08, 05:14 PM
Liverpool going after Barry

another mediocre buy

what is it with Rafa and mediocre players

why do you spew so much garbage?

Barry is to aston villa what Carrick was for Tottenham

Hij
9th May '08, 05:28 PM
what grimes said

Clive Eboue
9th May '08, 05:38 PM
Yea i know.

loool

Jens Lehmann>>>>>

Funniest cunt EVER.

Barry is shower. Not £16million pounds worth of shower though...

Grimes
9th May '08, 05:46 PM
i think Lehmann was being ironic still

GrimePays
9th May '08, 06:50 PM
fuck off

why go for Barry when you could easily buy someone better for same price or maybe more.

Nasri >>>>> Barry
Moutinho >>>>> Barry
Gourcuff >>>>> Barry

these are all realistic targets and im just naming the obvious ones.

please tell me what mediocre players we have.

Silvestre, Fletcher (though at times hes sick), i wanna say Oshea but hes unique and can play wherever we want him to.

Liverpool whole fucking team = mediocre

apart from Torrard and maybe 2/3 other players MAX

Ransom
9th May '08, 06:51 PM
Man rated barry from time ...lma manager days.......before GRIME confuse my mind

RIP Jakey
9th May '08, 06:59 PM
weres hleb goin? i saw it on the back of some girls paper on the train

he's a big loss for us

Anonymous
9th May '08, 07:58 PM
Inter

Grimes
9th May '08, 08:06 PM
fuck off

why go for Barry when you could easily buy someone better for same price or maybe more.

Nasri >>>>> Barry
Moutinho >>>>> Barry
Gourcuff >>>>> Barry

these are all realistic targets and im just naming the obvious ones.

please tell me what mediocre players we have.

Silvestre, Fletcher (though at times hes sick), i wanna say Oshea but hes unique and can play wherever we want him to.

Liverpool whole fucking team = mediocre

apart from Torrard and maybe 2/3 other players MAX

fuck off

Only Ronaldo, Ferninand and arguably Tevez are fully world class players

The rest are mediorce wouldn't last a full season off rotation

Anonymous
9th May '08, 08:15 PM
I think Vida, Evra, Rooney, Carrick and Hargreaves may not be world class but they are certainly not mediocre either imo.

Grimes
9th May '08, 08:16 PM
I was exagerrating stilll

GrimePays
9th May '08, 08:59 PM
fuck off

Only Ronaldo, Ferninand and arguably Tevez are fully world class players

The rest are mediorce wouldn't last a full season off rotation

LMAO

Vidic >>>> your whole defence

Evra >>> all your left backs, ESPECIALLY Risse

Anderson + Nani >>>> all your youngsters

Hij
9th May '08, 09:00 PM
Anderson and Nani can fuck off still. Done fuck all.

GrimePays
9th May '08, 09:05 PM
done more than your youngsters

GrimePays
9th May '08, 09:06 PM
who are your youngsters? i only know Lucas, rest are any wastes that will end up in championship max

Pique >>>> *

Lady In Red
9th May '08, 09:38 PM
Evra is world class, man this guy is so under rated

GrimePays
9th May '08, 09:39 PM
he is top 3 LB in world at least

Eric Cantona
9th May '08, 09:42 PM
Anderson and Nani can fuck off still. Done fuck all.

Anderson filled in for Scholes when he was injured and played class, if you watched Man Utd this season when he was playing you would of see this.

Anonymous
9th May '08, 09:45 PM
Anderson has done excellent. People get it twisted as he hasnt scored in a competitive match but hes a good player.

Grimes
9th May '08, 09:50 PM
LMAO

Vidic >>>> your whole defence

Evra >>> all your left backs, ESPECIALLY Risse

Anderson + Nani >>>> all your youngsters

lmaolkmaklsda

Vidic by himself is swag got murked by kaka by himself

Evra got destroyed by Aaron Lennon

I'm not trying to destroy man utd i'm just tryna say that they ain't invincible

Grimes
9th May '08, 09:52 PM
I exaggerated still but Man utd players ain't as good as they look.

Babel (11.5) <<<<< Nani (18.6)

Anderson and Lucas have performed around the same level probably anderson just nudges it but in terms of value of money lucas >>>> Anderson

Mascherano <<<<<<< Hargreaves & Carrick

Lady In Red
9th May '08, 10:30 PM
Grimes= top joker
Liverpool= still waiting for their year

Mister Lacey
9th May '08, 10:31 PM
You Man U fans are a bit up yourselves this season though going on like you're the greatest team to ever exist.

GrimePays
9th May '08, 10:55 PM
were in the CL final and nearly have prem

what do you expect

Pristine Condition
10th May '08, 12:19 AM
loool @ the jealousy of my beloved, man u!!!

Xtra P
10th May '08, 12:22 AM
It seems some people never learn, last year Arsenal lost the great Henry & that was apparently the end of us, we were gonna lose our top 4 status & the big spending Spuds were gonna replace us as a prem super power, it seems the same clueless people are suggestin that this will happen next season! ok so we have lost Flamini & possibly Hleb but Wenger will make key signings that will slot into place, I have complete faith in the proffessor. I believe Arsenal will be even stronger next season

Hij
10th May '08, 01:10 AM
It seems some people never learn, last year Arsenal lost the great Henry & that was apparently the end of us, we were gonna lose our top 4 status & the big spending Spuds were gonna replace us as a prem super power, it seems the same clueless people are suggestin that this will happen next season! ok so we have lost Flamini & possibly Hleb but Wenger will make key signings that will slot into place, I have complete faith in the proffessor. I believe Arsenal will be even stronger next season

TBH i only read teh first line

but the great Henry half way thru the season
was forgotton
because u played the most amazing football
and 'all players raised their game coz he left'

It was meant to be a tranisition season this season and now Hleb and Flamini want out

Hij
10th May '08, 01:11 AM
were in the CL final and nearly have prem

what do you expect

But this soft lad ain't ever been north of Birmingham, the die hard United fan.

Jae Dave
10th May '08, 01:46 AM
Evra is world class, man this guy is so under rated

STANDARD!!! :evilgrin:

Xtra P
10th May '08, 01:56 AM
TBH i only read teh first line

but the great Henry half way thru the season
was forgotton
because u played the most amazing football
and 'all players raised their game coz he left'

It was meant to be a tranisition season this season and now Hleb and Flamini want out

And? Players come & go, aslong as the manager can make decent signings to replace the loses then we should be alright & all this transitional talk is from the pundits, I cant remember Wenger ever talkin about transitional hes just tryin to maintain a top 4 team which he is doin!

PS:Reading is fundamental:D

Hij
10th May '08, 02:50 AM
And? Players come & go, aslong as the manager can make decent signings to replace the loses then we should be alright & all this transitional talk is from the pundits, I cant remember Wenger ever talkin about transitional hes just tryin to maintain a top 4 team which he is doin!

PS:Reading is fundamental:DYeah big lol :D

Probably had a few beers init.

You sold Henry at the right time IMO.

Altho if we signed him for 2 seasons I'd go mental :D

GrimePays
10th May '08, 11:03 AM
But this soft lad ain't ever been north of Birmingham, the die hard United fan.

can you please tell me how you know i havent been north of birmingham, do you have a book of my life moments in there or something.

soft lad ..... maaaaad hooomo

whats_the_score?
10th May '08, 11:19 AM
"Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has agreed a three-year deal with AC Milan to link up with boss Jose Mourinho, who is likely to replace Carlo Ancelotti next season"

"Man Utd are lining up a move for Brazilian striker Luis Fabiano who has scored 33 goals in 38 games for Sevilla this season"

"Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has rekindled his interest in Hamburg's £15m-rated French centre back Vincent Kompany"

"Wenger has also agreed a £16m deal to land Lyon winger Hatem Ben Arfa, beating Liverpool and Manchester United to his signature"

"Inter Milan are considering a £30m move for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o"

which players are Inter NOT trying to sign this year?!

The Messiah
10th May '08, 11:35 AM

I had to tome out of my exam ban just answer this and all the other stupid posts about Hleb and Flamini because I was getting so pissed off reading them.

Non Arsenal fans, what is the common complaint that you guys make about arsenal? All style no substance? Slick passing but not enough goals? Try to walk/pass the ball in the net?

Hleb is the epitome of Arsenal in that sense. And you Non-Arsenal fans are being hypocritical when the Arsenal fans see it too? He is fantastic at being able to keep the ball stuck to his feet but even he will admit that he doesn't shoot enough. 11 goals over 3 seasons is a poor return for someone who is supposed to be an attacking midfielder. So let him go!!! Granted, I would rather keep him for squad reasons, but if we replace him with a creative, goalscoring, assist-making midfielder then it is only a very good move. My minor issue is that I would rather get a transfer fee for him than have the Webster clause invoked, however I get the feeling that the transfer fee is still a distinct possibility because there are rumours of a gentleman's agreement between Arsenal and a lot of the Italian clubs (hence Juve taking the unprecedented step of coming out to stop the Flamini rumours and deny any interest in January).

Onto Flamini. This time last year, if Flamini had left, no Arsenal fan (or the media) would have batted an eyelid. He had long felt unloved at Arsenal and unappreciated which is fair enough. I think he was aware for a long time that this was going to be his last season at Arsenal unless they offered him big bucks - which would never happen in our current wage structure. Which would explain partly why he's only "showed up" this season. He going to earn a shit load of money at Milan, which whilst still a fantastic and class football club, is an ageing footballing club with only Kaka and Pato representing the youth. Flamini leaving is something most Arsenal fans have been expecting it for a while - we wish him the best. However Flamini's position is probably the easiest position in football to fill. You need someone who is athletic and will work their socks off. You don't need to spend 30 million to find players like that. Unless you want Essien style technical ability - which is only a bonus for this particular role. Look at Makelele, Gilberto, Gattuso and even Robbie Savage. Not much technique there. 500K for a young unknown African is all that is needed for this position.

Finally onto the general scaremongering about Arsenal that happens about this time every single year - you would hope that people would have learnt their lesson form last year. It seems not. Finishing on 80+ points is by no means something to be ashamed of (How often to Liverpool reach that total :p) it is the manner of our "collapse" which is disappointing and thus the media look on us having a failed season despite the fact most of them were predicting us to be 6th, 12 months ago.

Again focussing on the media, The Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=564936&in_page_id=1779&ito=1490) had a story which claims Adebayor is demanding £80,000 a week to stay at Arsenal but that Arsenal can’t afford to pay that kind of money. the rest of the media jumped on that story. Bollocks. Absolute shite. I'll tell you why it's a plant.

The Daily Mail's sports editors are Spurs fans. Fact. So I always bear it in mind when I read any Spurs/Arsenal stories from them.
Adebayor is not that sort of player. In the Arsenal interviews he has given he has had his head screwed on. He is aware that one season performance is not enough to request that sort of wages and he has said himself that will have failed if he doesn't keep up and improve upon his performance.
The biggest clue that it's a load of shite is this line "All that could be solved if the club were to accept the help of Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov, but chairman Peter Hill-Wood and director Danny Fiszman say no."

You don’t have to be any kind of genius at all to work out that the story has been planted by Usmanov.

So to all you scaremongers. Fuck off. I heard you saying the same stuff last year.
To the tabloid sports media. Fuck off too. You are at the Sun/Mirror because you aren't good enough to be at a broadsheet. It shows in your reporting.

Sorry for the essay. Pent up stress. Finals is NOT fun.

Certain
10th May '08, 11:39 AM
This is what i think..
Arsene Wenger is prepared to pay £12m to bring Portsmouth midfielder Niko Kranjcar to Arsenal as a replacement for Alexander Hleb. Wenger is also interested in signing Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins for around £15m. Juventus are reportedly interested in signing Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.
Wolves' Welsh international goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey is a £5.5m target for Everton.
Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini is in Italy finalising his free transfer to AC Milan.

Newcastle are lining up a £4m bid for Fulham midfielder Steven Davis who has impressed while on loan at Rangers this season. Kevin Keegan is also keen to bring Everton striker Andrew Johnson to St James' Park.
Nottingham Forest winger Kris Commons will join rivals Derby County on a free transfer in the summer.
Derby striker Robert Earnshaw could head in the opposite direction for £1.5m.
Sunderland manager Roy Keane will re-launch a £5m bid for midfielder Stephen Hunt if Reading are relegated. IMO

Quality Control
10th May '08, 11:41 AM
@Messiah

yeah yeah you know you were up Hleb's batty a few weeks ago along with every other Arsenal fan...

and who exactly are you gonna replace him with? some prospect i bet, NOT a C Ronaldo or a Pires

The Messiah
10th May '08, 11:48 AM
@Messiah

yeah yeah you know you were up Hleb's batty a few weeks ago along with every other Arsenal fan...

Find proof of it on this forum. I had solidarity with him over the Liverpool non-penalty incident, but was I saying that Hleb was denied of a penalty or was i saying that Hleb is a fantastic world-class player who deserved a penalty?

who exactly are you gonna replace with with? some prospect i bet, NOT a C Ronaldo or a Pires

Yes and no.

With regards to the left hand side. Chances are you are probably right, bearing in mind that Rosicky when fit for more than a week would do a good job (Despite his injury for the past 6 months he still scored more goals than hleb this season). In addition to RVP being able to play on the left of midfield, Carlos Vela coming back and Traore stepping up to that position, I doubt there will be any buys for the left hand side.

The right side is a different matter, and along with the "strong centre-back" Wenger wants to buy I'm sure the knows we need another right-sided midfielder. I'm not going to speculate (because Arsenal do everything behind closed doors, and the media are shit at guessing who he is really after) but I will happily put a ten pound bet that Wenger will buy a creative midfielder or sorts who is capable of playing there.

Quality Control
10th May '08, 11:57 AM
Find proof of it on this forum. I had solidarity with him over the Liverpool non-penalty incident, but was I saying that Hleb was denied of a penalty or was i saying that Hleb is a fantastic world-class player who deserved a penalty?

every Arsenal fan was saying that he's one of their best players for a while, and i'm guessing you're no different, i wont be conducting an investigation to find evidence though

.....and from my experience Arsenal fans are some of the quickest to flip-flop and completely change their opinions on a player or something

Yes and no.

With regards to the left hand side. Chances are you are probably right, bearing in mind that Rosicky when fit for more than a week would do a good job (Despite his injury for the past 6 months he still scored more goals than hleb this season). In addition to RVP being able to play on the left of midfield, Carlos Vela coming back and Traore stepping up to that position, I doubt there will be any buys for the left hand side.

The right side is a different matter, and along with the "strong centre-back" Wenger wants to buy I'm sure the knows we need another right-sided midfielder. I'm not going to speculate (because Arsenal do everything behind closed doors, and the media are shit at guessing who he is really after) but I will happily put a ten pound bet that Wenger will buy a creative midfielder or sorts who is capable of playing there.

the player who everyone seems to have 'heard' Arsenal are after is Ben Arfa.....a prospect, and even if that's bullshit, i highly doubt Hleb will be replaced by someone better than him

The Messiah
10th May '08, 12:04 PM
every Arsenal fan was saying that he's one of their best players for a while, and i'm guessing you're no different, i wont be conducting an investigation to find evidence though

The media started saying that he was playing really well at the beginning of the season, and Arsenal fans noticed during their Fabregas drooling and though oh yeah.

I can't remember the last time he had a key role in a goal we've scored. Considering he's only had 6 assists.

the player who everyone seems to have 'heard' Arsenal are after is Ben Arfa.....a prospect, and even if that's bullshit, i highly doubt Hleb will be replaced by someone better than him

No, you doubt that Arsenal will replace him with someone who has his ball control. I don't doubt that if we replaced him with Ben Arfa, we would get more goals and assists, thus making Ben Arfa a better player than Hleb.

FG
10th May '08, 12:06 PM
Hleb would be a big loss, don't think he would be that easy to replace

Its taken him a while to find his feet, he's had a very good season. I would be disappointed if he left

and about Adebayor Messiah I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he wants more money. Genuinely believe he likes the club, but I imagine he wants more money for the amount of goals he's scored this season, even if he wastes a shit load of chances every match

He's a bit of a character from the looks of things, and given his contribution this season albeit in a losing cause I suppose he has a fair claim to get Gallas/Fabregas wages

The Messiah
10th May '08, 12:12 PM

15 million pounds would do the trick. Plenty of players who have more end product available at that price.

Like I said, I would be disappointed if he left, but I would be much more worried if Rosicky wanted to leave if he had been able to play all season. Hleb's contribution to goals/assists is minimal and even Bendtner has contributed more as a backup player. Even if Traore contributes to the same level over a season (which isn't very hard) then Hleb has been "replaced"

and about Adebayor Messiah I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he wants more money. Genuinely believe he likes the club, but I imagine he wants more money for the amount of goals he's scored this season, even if he wastes a shit load of chances every match

Agreed, but the Daily Mail story was such a plant, that is was ridiculously ridiculous. I think he should be on more than £35K a year, provided he repeats his performance this year, next year.

Quality Control
10th May '08, 12:18 PM
Mascherano <<<<<<< Hargreaves & Carrick

don't agree with that one

The Messiah
10th May '08, 12:24 PM
I'm hearing from a lot of various sources (a few that are fairly trustworthy) that the Ben Arfa deal is done already.

16 million is the price.

Clive Eboue
10th May '08, 12:37 PM

Its taken him a while to find his feet, he's had a very good season. I would be disappointed if he left

He's a bit of a character from the looks of things, and given his contribution this season albeit in a losing cause I suppose he has a fair claim to get Gallas/Fabregas wages

Hleb has scored less than a goal every 10 games this season, for an attacking midfielder that is just not god enough. All skill and too often no end product. He's NOT a big loss. When he's on form he's fantastic, but i'll reiterate, he's lazy and complacent. So FUCK OFF Hleb.

As for Adebayor he will not leave believe me. We should sign Ben Arfa, Quaresma, Kompany and a sick replacement for the Flamster (can't think of anyone atm lol)

The Messiah
10th May '08, 12:43 PM
Sick replacement for the Flamster (can't think of anyone atm lol)

We've already got his replacement. His name is Alexander Song.

He's not really a centre-back and he was playing in midfield at the ACN to great effect in January.

Xtra P
10th May '08, 12:44 PM
I had to tome out of my exam ban just answer this and all the other stupid posts about Hleb and Flamini because I was getting so pissed off reading them.

Non Arsenal fans, what is the common complaint that you guys make about arsenal? All style no substance? Slick passing but not enough goals? Try to walk/pass the ball in the net?

Hleb is the epitome of Arsenal in that sense. And you Non-Arsenal fans are being hypocritical when the Arsenal fans see it too? He is fantastic at being able to keep the ball stuck to his feet but even he will admit that he doesn't shoot enough. 11 goals over 3 seasons is a poor return for someone who is supposed to be an attacking midfielder. So let him go!!! Granted, I would rather keep him for squad reasons, but if we replace him with a creative goalscoring, assist-making midfielder then it is only a very good move. My minor issue is that I would rather that we get a transfer fee for him than have the Webster clause invoked, however I get the feeling that the transfer fee is still a distinct possibility because there are rumours of a gentleman's agreement between Arsenal and a lot of the Italian clubs (hence Juve taking the unprecedented step of coming out to stop the Flamini rumours and deny any interest).

Onto Flamini. This time last year, if Flamini had left, no Arsenal fan (or the media in that sense) would have batted an eyelid. He had long felt unloved at Arsenal and unappreciated which is fair enough. I think he was aware for a long time that this was going to be his last season at Arsenal unless they offered him big bucks - which would never happen in our current wage structure. Which would explain partly why he's only "showed up" this season. He going to earn a shit load of money at Milan, which whilst still a fantastic and class football club, is an ageing footballing club with only Kaka and Pato representing the youth. Flamini leaving and most Arsenal fans have been expecting it for a while - we wish him the best. Flamini's position is probably the easiest position in football to fill in that you need someone who is athletic and will work their socks off. You don't need to spend 30 million to find players like that. 500K for a young unknown African will do the job.

Finally onto the general scaremongering about Arsenal that happens about this time every single year - you would hope that people would have learnt their lesson form last year. It seems not. Finishing on 80+ points is by no means something to be ashamed of (How often to Liverpool reach that total :p) it is the manner of our "collapse" which is disappointing and thus the media look on us having a failed season despite the fact most of them were predicting us to be 6th, 12 months ago.

Again focussing on the media, The Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=564936&in_page_id=1779&ito=1490) had a story which claims Adebayor is demanding £80,000 a week to stay at Arsenal but that Arsenal canít afford to pay that kind of money. the rest of the media jumped on that story. Bollocks. Absolute shite. I'll tell you why it's a plant.

The Daily Mail's sports editors are Spurs fans. Fact. So I always bear it in mind when I read any Spurs/Arsenal stories from them.
Adebayor is not that sort of player. In the Arsenal interviews he has given he has had his head screwed on. He is aware that one season performance is not enough to request that sort of wages and he has said himself that will have failed if he doesn't keep up and improve upon his performance.
The biggest clue that it's a load of shite is this line "All that could be solved if the club were to accept the help of Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov, but chairman Peter Hill-Wood and director Danny Fiszman say no."

You donít have to be any kind of genius at all to work out that the story has been planted by Usmanov.

So to all you scaremongers. Fuck off. I heard you saying the same stuff last year.
To the tabloid sports media. Fuck off too. You are at the Sun/Mirror because you aren't good enough to be at a broadsheet. It shows in your reporting.

Sorry for the essay. Pent up stress. Finals is NOT fun.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h68/clusion7721/hammare.jpg

Xtra P
10th May '08, 12:48 PM
Alex Song>>>>>>>>>>

Hes the black version of the flamster, he runs his socks of for the whole game & is as tough as nails.

The Messiah
10th May '08, 12:51 PM
Alex Song>>>>>>>>>>

Hes the black version of the flamster, he runs his socks of for the whole game & is as tough as nails.

Trust, next 10 years are going to be Song vs Anderson. It's going to be sick.

Anonymous
10th May '08, 12:57 PM
You Man U fans are a bit up yourselves this season though going on like you're the greatest team to ever exist.

You just pull things out of thin air.
If someone is proud of there team it doesn't mean they think they are the greatest ever.
If someone says Ferdinand, Evra etc. played better than such and such, it doesn't mean they think they are untouchable, as you said the other week.
People know there players aren't untouchable or there teams not the greatest so stop over exaggerating like people are saying shit they aint, because its either that or your looking to deep in to it when someone says Ronaldo is better than Rosicky or something. Its there opinion fam.
Dont forget a couple months ago alot of Arsenal fans were spewing the same shit alot of Man Utd fans are atm. Now the boots on the other foot and a couple of you cunts are pissed off you feel the need to try and tell Man Utd fans whats what.
Im not in to the footballing rivalry, I couldnt give a shit about all the Man Utd hate Liverpool/Arsenal bullshit, so dont get it twisted. Im just sick of people chatting air when you could say the same about others but you dont, Because its not that, But if a Man Utd fan says something your quick to jump on there back.

Anonymous
10th May '08, 12:58 PM
Real talk. Alex Song and Denilson are both sick.

The Messiah
10th May '08, 01:03 PM
You just pull things out of thin air.
If someone is proud of there team it doesn't mean they think they are the greatest ever.
If someone says Ferdinand, Evra etc. played better than such and such, it doesn't mean they think they are untouchable, as you said the other week.
People know there players aren't untouchable or there teams not the greatest so stop over exaggerating like people are saying shit they aint, because its either that or your looking to deep in to it when someone says Ronaldo is better than Rosicky or something. Its there opinion fam.
Dont forget a couple months ago alot of Arsenal fans were spewing the same shit alot of Man Utd fans are atm. Now the boots on the other foot and a couple of you cunts are pissed off you feel the need to try and tell Man Utd fans whats what.
Im not in to the footballing rivalry, I couldnt give a shit about all the Man Utd hate Liverpool/Arsenal bullshit, so dont get it twisted. Im just sick of people chatting air when you could say the same about others but you dont, Because its not that, But if a Man Utd fan says something your quick to jump on there back.

To be fair, I think the current squad is probably the greatest Manchester United team I've ever seen. They would certainly give Arsenal's invincibles (who with obvious bias, I regard as the greatest Premiership team ever...) a good run for their money in a match between the two.

Xtra P
10th May '08, 01:48 PM
Swinging doors for Adebayor and Eto’o in package deal to be offered by Barcelona

http://arsenalanalysis.blogspot.com/2008/05/swinging-doors-for-adebayor-and-etoo-in.html

Personally, I would welcome this, Eto is absalutly leathal infront of goal & he doesnt waste as much chances as Adebayor but on the flipside Ade has alot of potential & could become an even better player than Eto!

Thoughts?

Anonymous
10th May '08, 01:50 PM
I think Eto would be perfect due to the pace at which Arsenal play.

Xtra P
10th May '08, 01:58 PM
I think Eto would be perfect due to the pace at which Arsenal play.

Agreed!

We also create alot of chances but fail to bury them, Eto is a natural goal scorer who would put most half decent chances away.

Clive Eboue
10th May '08, 02:09 PM
Eto'o plus cash for Ade?? Snap it up!!

Eto'o would be fucking immense for us, ain't guna happen though...

And from what i've seen Alex Song does look a good prospect, but we don't need someone who will be good in a few years. We need someone for now.

Denilson is SICK. Definately guna be big soon enough.

The Messiah
10th May '08, 02:25 PM
I'm on the fence and actually leaning towards the "no" side of this deal.

Adebayor has added a new dimension to Arsenal's play and getting rid of him, even for Eto'o would be a backward step. This season, we have looked threatening from set pieces and corners, and we've scored a fair few headed goals. Adebayor is main the reason for this. Additionally, when we have played 4-5-1 Adebayor has been great in being that holding forward. If we get rid of him, we lose all that and we go back to the situation a few years ago where Arsenal fans expected nothing whenever we got a corner.

Eto'o is the kind of striker we need. No doubt about it. We need someone like him or David Villa in our team next season if were are going to get the extra 7 points we'll need to win the title next season. However we need this player in addition to play with Adebayor. Not to replace him.

Clive Eboue
10th May '08, 02:44 PM
I'm on the fence and actually leaning towards the "no" side of this deal.

Adebayor has added a new dimension to Arsenal's play and getting rid of him, even for Eto'o would be a backward step. This season, we have looked threatening from set pieces and corners, and we've scored a fair few headed goals. Adebayor is main the reason for this. Additionally, when we have played 4-5-1 Adebayor has been great in being that holding forward. If we get rid of him, we lose all that and we go back to the situation a few years ago where Arsenal fans expected nothing whenever we got a corner.

Eto'o is the kind of striker we need. No doubt about it. We need someone like him or David Villa in our team next season if were are going to get the extra 7 points we'll need to win the title next season. However we need this player in addition to play with Adebayor. Not to replace him.

You're probably right actually lol I think I just heard eto'o and Arsenal in the same sentence and got a bit keen!...

It's such a shame that we lost Eduardo, he was really looking to be a quality player, and that box finisher we've needed for so long.

Adebayor is immense, although his finishing does need improving.

RVP if, and it's a big IF, he stays fit is always capable of bringing something different and making something happen from nothing.

Bendtner. I think he is going to be WORLD CLASS. He's got all the raw qualities needed to be a top striker.

So I think we should be alright for strikers and with Eduardo injured we may well see a bit of Carlos Vela at the beginning of the season, very big prospect.

Hij
10th May '08, 02:45 PM
can you please tell me how you know i havent been north of birmingham, do you have a book of my life moments in there or something.

soft lad ..... maaaaad hooomo
LMAO, Your such a glory hunting cunt its unreal!

Grimes
10th May '08, 03:25 PM
Hopefully Arsenal will be duppied

The Messiah
10th May '08, 03:28 PM
Hopefully Arsenal will be duppied

Hope. The key word in your statement.

GrimePays
10th May '08, 04:09 PM
LMAO, Your such a glory hunting cunt its unreal!

sorry but am not english native so i dont really give a fuck

GrimePays
10th May '08, 05:34 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3547063,00.html

Chelsea bought Bosingwa i think

like it matters

Hij
10th May '08, 05:56 PM
sorry but am not english native so i dont really give a fuck

So your admitting you support Man United because your not from England and wanted to support a team that wins the league 85% of the last 20 years.

Seen- I will never take you seriously again.

Anonymous
10th May '08, 06:09 PM
I love the way Chelsea hijack Man Utds targets.
Arjen Robben, Jon Obi Mikel, (Apparently) Micheal Essien and Now Bosingwa

GrimePays
10th May '08, 06:11 PM
So your admitting you support Man United because your not from England and wanted to support a team that wins the league 85% of the last 20 years.

Seen- I will never take you seriously again.

anyone who is not from england and grew up in 90's = top 4 supporter/is trying to hard to fit in

shut your mouth

GrimePays
10th May '08, 06:15 PM
but im guessing your from next hillbilly place so you wouldnt know

your any guy that thinks being a grassroots supporter makes you better than everyone else

phikz
10th May '08, 06:24 PM
Wiley to West brom so i have heard..

Chelsea also apparently stole Joe cole via Peter kenyon.

The Messiah
10th May '08, 06:26 PM
anyone who is not from england and grew up in 90's = top 4 supporter

Whether you like it or not Hij, he's right. Particularly when it comes to Man United. In the same way most people not from England who grew up following football in the 70s and 80s are Liverpool fans. I'm sure a lot of guys here can mentions parents and uncles who are Liverpool fans.

Look at it this way. If you moved to Argentina right now and had to pick a team to support there, chances are you would pick River Plate, Boca Juniors or perhaps Independiente because those are teams you've heard of simply because they are most successful.

Eric Cantona
10th May '08, 06:28 PM
We've already got his replacement. His name is Alexander Song.

He's not really a centre-back and he was playing in midfield at the ACN to great effect in January.

Haha.

Good news.

Eric Cantona
10th May '08, 06:29 PM
I love the way Chelsea hijack Man Utds targets.
Arjen Robben, Jon Obi Mikel, (Apparently) Micheal Essien and Now Bosingwa

We had Essian when he was 16 but couldn't get him a work permit for him.

They also jacked Ballack.

The Messiah
10th May '08, 06:34 PM
Haha.

Good news.

Is that sarcasm I sense there?

Chelsea jack everybody simply to stop other clubs from getting their hands on them. Despite not needing him they went for SWP because Arsenal were interested. His career is a mess and it serves him right.

phikz
10th May '08, 06:37 PM
I seriously hate Chelsea, I hate Lampards small head, I hate Terry's big head, I hate Essien's receding hair-line and Droba in general.

Anonymous
10th May '08, 06:54 PM

Oh yeah, forgot about Ballack.

Hij
10th May '08, 07:42 PM
but im guessing your from next hillbilly place so you wouldnt know

your any guy that thinks being a grassroots supporter makes you better than everyone else

LMAO it gets better.

I ain't saying Im better than no-one, people support in different ways, but you just come across a guy who has hardly stepped foot into a stadium in his life and IMO....

I think someone who puts the effort in (not just me for instance) to travel the country and fly/boat it or drive to other countries to support their team definately deserves their opinion over a guy whose only effort is to click the on switch of their sky remote on match day.

I got one mate who went to all 38 games for Watford and they nearly lost every one!

Its just the way you support United and you've never even heard the phrase 'soft lad', which you'd get called in the pub if you was being a cunt, and theres loads of other stuff I could just start testing you on, but its pointless you've admitted it. My family are from Manchester/Liverpool/Bolton and Bradford, but my dad moved down here when he got a job in London still, I aint from no hillbilly place.

Al3x >>> You.

Grimes
10th May '08, 08:39 PM
Sky Subscription Is Expensive Still

The Messiah
10th May '08, 08:52 PM
Sky Subscription Is Expensive Still

You get me. I ain't got Sky. Couldn't be an armchair fan even if I wanted to.

Hij
10th May '08, 08:58 PM
You get me. I ain't got Sky. Couldn't be an armchair fan even if I wanted to.

My Chelsea Away ticket would get you Sky for 3 months.

The Messiah
10th May '08, 09:14 PM
My Chelsea Away ticket would get you Sky for 3 months.

Why would you want to go to Chelsea? Craven Cottage has more atmosphere.

Hij
10th May '08, 09:17 PM
Why would you want to go to Chelsea? Craven Cottage has more atmosphere.

Champions League Semi Final Away Leg?

Hij
10th May '08, 09:17 PM
Nice to have you back btw, I've missed some of the more sane posts on here lol.

The Messiah
10th May '08, 09:25 PM
Nice to have you back btw, I've missed some of the more sane posts on here lol.

Lol. The children here irritating you? It'll get better in June when they all have their AS/A Levels and GCSEs. :D

I'm just waiting for someone to notice this: http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5165&page=2

I've got another 13 days till it is all over. Back to the library for me...

Hij
10th May '08, 09:27 PM
LOL.

I don't want to ban you :(

The Messiah
10th May '08, 09:33 PM
To be fair, I'm at that point where if I let this site distract me, any chance of me getting a 2.1 is gone.... but the library is soooooooooo dry...

Hij
10th May '08, 10:10 PM
2.1?

My cousin got that.

Isn't the 2.2 like getting a C in A Levels lol

Mister Lacey
11th May '08, 12:16 AM
I've never really like Hleb tbh.

GrimePays
11th May '08, 01:04 AM
LMAO it gets better.

I ain't saying Im better than no-one, people support in different ways, but you just come across a guy who has hardly stepped foot into a stadium in his life and IMO....

I think someone who puts the effort in (not just me for instance) to travel the country and fly/boat it or drive to other countries to support their team definately deserves their opinion over a guy whose only effort is to click the on switch of their sky remote on match day.

I got one mate who went to all 38 games for Watford and they nearly lost every one!

Its just the way you support United and you've never even heard the phrase 'soft lad', which you'd get called in the pub if you was being a cunt, and theres loads of other stuff I could just start testing you on, but its pointless you've admitted it. My family are from Manchester/Liverpool/Bolton and Bradford, but my dad moved down here when he got a job in London still, I aint from no hillbilly place.

Al3x >>> You.

yes because i really have the money to get there every week.

you say your not acting better than me because your a grassroots supporter but then you go and say Alex >>> me, which is basically doing the same thing.

just cos i support united doesnt mean i have to know every gay little phrase that comes from up north. All that matters is the football on the pitch then man want to come and start bringing other non related shit into it.

simple fact is, when you dont have anything to say back = you draw for the glory hunter topic

Xtra P
11th May '08, 02:01 AM
(Yoda)The Man U Liverpool rivalry is strong in this post Mmmm(Yoda)

Mister Lacey
11th May '08, 04:09 AM
http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=691233

What do you lot reckon?

Mister Lacey
11th May '08, 04:14 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1145741.ece

The Messiah
11th May '08, 11:25 AM
Would rather have Ben Arfa.

Mister Lacey
11th May '08, 11:39 AM