PDA

View Full Version : Terry Dropped as Captain

Sir Kippington
5th February '10, 04:30 PM
shatap

GoodFella
5th February '10, 04:32 PM
just seen it, didnt think he would be dropped tbh, fairplay.

Gerrard or Rooney now i suppose.

Grimes
5th February '10, 04:34 PM
terry is a mug

chris89
5th February '10, 04:35 PM
Shambles

I LOVE GRIME
5th February '10, 04:36 PM
good he is scum, now just hope bridge takes him out when they play

Tony Starks
poor decision

Eric Cantona
Capello don't fuck about, this is good news

Rooney don't need it yet

FG
5th February '10, 04:37 PM
Capello >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

The FA were shook and put him in the shit but he still dealt with it.

The story will go on and on and when you have a fellow international who's unwilling to play thanks to Terry the line has to be drawn.

The Don
5th February '10, 04:37 PM
my initial reaction was that he should be stripped if it created a big social problem in the england squad

but when i heard that by the time bridge wifeyed the chick she was already the chelsea slut i lost alot of sympathy

Eagle
5th February '10, 04:38 PM
whatever he did it would be a bad decision

at least this sends a message.

cheating on your wife is one thing, but shagging your team mates ex / partner / bird he's just started getting back together with (delete depending on which story you believe) is bang out of line and will fuck up team morale

Grimes
5th February '10, 04:38 PM
nobody wants to see him not be captain but it was impossible for him 2 be captain when he done that. the media were hungry for blood

Sir Kippington
5th February '10, 04:39 PM
Barry or Gerrard will get it.

chris89
5th February '10, 04:41 PM

Barry? loooooool do you even watch football?

Tony Starks
5th February '10, 04:42 PM
lol @ 12 minute meeeting

Capello: did u hit that bish
Terry: errrm yes
Capello: Armband?

Crawla III.
5th February '10, 04:44 PM
poor decision.

Hij
5th February '10, 04:48 PM
Gerrard to win the world cup as captain lol

quality
5th February '10, 04:48 PM
Will be Rio Ferdinand.

Eagle
5th February '10, 04:49 PM

bruv, im left footed too. pick me, pick me.

may aswell call up stewart downsyndrome whilst we're at it.

Gerrard to win the world cup as captain lol

then to say fuck england im a scouser FTW >>>>

Sir Kippington
Barry? loooooool do you even watch football?

Gerrard dont want it
Rio dont want it
Rooney dont want it

He is fairly senior and has a clean cut image, swear man used to captain villa for time
Who would you suggest since the above dont want it?

Grimes
gerrard has a mentality problem tbh he should really be the best captain in respect to his previous club history(being captain of his club 4 9 years) but he lets himself down for england by not imposing himself on the game consistently.

The Don
what will terry not having the armband really do for team morale though, it's not gonna change the events that happened and bridge's crying

it could be argued this media shit and emphasis on dropping him will be more detrimental to preparations and mentality than just standing by him would've been

quality
5th February '10, 04:51 PM
Difficulty in choosing a clean cut England captain after Terry - Gerrard and his affray, Rooney loves piping grannies, Lampard cheated on his wife, so did Ashley Cole, so did Beckham, Glen Johnson steals toilet seats, Rio suspiciously misses drugs tests...

This truly is broken Britain.

Unknown Poster
gerrard's lucky to get picked time after time. if he becomes captain then capello's a prat

Grimes
Difficulty in choosing a clean cut England captain after Terry - Gerrard and his affray, Rooney loves piping grannies, Lampard cheated on his wife, so did Ashley Cole, so did Beckham, Glen Johnson steals toilet seats, Rio suspiciously misses drugs tests...

very true looool

GoodFella
5th February '10, 04:53 PM

lol I forgot about Rooney!

I think Gerrard or Rooney will get it though tbh, Capello has already said Rooney will be a future captain.

Sir Kippington
5th February '10, 04:53 PM
I don't know what this fuss about John Terry is all about.

Ask any football coach and they will tell you if a full-back leaves a hole, then its the centre-back's job to fill it.

best 1 so far:laugh:

GoodFella
5th February '10, 04:54 PM
I don't know what this fuss about John Terry is all about.

Ask any football coach and they will tell you if a full-back leaves a hole, then its the centre-back's job to fill it.

looooooooooooolgmntrjeugntengehfjk

fukin hell >>>>

one of the best ive heard

Sir Kippington
5th February '10, 04:54 PM
Until rooney stamps on someone that is.
he aint got the mentality to be captain imo

Bish
5th February '10, 04:58 PM
may aswell call up stewart downsyndrome

LOL
would rep if i could

Tight and Bright
5th February '10, 05:01 PM
smh shit decision. Pretty much anyone else thats a viable candidate to take skipper on the squad also has a shady history.

Grimes
5th February '10, 05:02 PM
its not the shady history its the fact he slept with a team mates baby mother

Nicky Santoro
5th February '10, 05:03 PM
poor decision

stupid move what goes in in his private life has fuck all to do with his role on the pitch

Tight and Bright
5th February '10, 05:08 PM
wayne bridge got a chocolate version of his cock made for his wife, when she tried it she said " i don't like yours i much prefer terry's"

Fabio Capello was having trouble finding the captains armband before englands big match, so he rang up wayne bridge and asked if he could look under the bed.

Tony Starks
5th February '10, 05:08 PM
rooney will get it

FG
5th February '10, 05:09 PM
its not the shady history its the fact he slept with a team mates baby mother

Exactly.

I despair when I hear pundits and 606 numbskulls roll out this 'private-life' reasoning, when in reality we all know that the distinction between public and private life in the spotlight is at best blurred.

A fellow international won't play because of what Terry has done, all of the other England players have said nothing but you can't imagine everyone will be fine with it, and the whole hoo-hah over this issue needs to be nipped in the bud.

Capello takes no shit, and he's made a pro-active decision. As this case rumbles on it won't have as much steam given Capello's choice.

Whether this will be enough for Bridge to play in potentially the same team as Terry remains to be seen, but if people can't see the difference between Gerrard's antics and Johnson nicking shit from HomeBase to this then boy

The Don
5th February '10, 05:11 PM
i got to say i don't agree with the "personal life is personal life" argument still as the talk aint about team selection it's about captaincy

FG
5th February '10, 05:12 PM
Think Ferdinand is probably the favourite to get the captaincy.

You feel it's a tad early for Rooney but he will be captain one day no question

Eagle
5th February '10, 05:12 PM
people also forget that the WAGS, whilst banned, will still be in SA and they are all close to toni poole/terry.

whatever happens, this is gonna be a big distraction as players are gonna keep getting it in their ear from their missuses

Sir Kippington
5th February '10, 05:14 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41835000/jpg/_41835960_rooney4162.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/11/article-0-02C61663000005DC-93_468x470.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/11/article-0-04E84F9B0000044D-777_468x458.jpg

The Don
5th February '10, 05:15 PM
people also forget that the WAGS, whilst banned, will still be in SA and they are all close to toni poole/terry.

whatever happens, this is gonna be a big distraction as players are gonna keep getting it in their ear from their missuses

this, stripping terry of the armband will not suddenly improve the morale or suddenly make bridge want to play 15 yards from him

what's done is done and this won't do nothing positive except to help capello's "no shit" reputation, yet to be seen if it has a negative impact

M.O.G.
Heard Terry has been lashing a next premiership stars wife, R.I.P if it's Mrs Heskey

quality
Think Ferdinand is probably the favourite to get the captaincy.

You feel it's a tad early for Rooney but he will be captain one day no question

I'm assuming Capello will choose a centre back again as they can see the whole game in front of them. I think he just wants Gerrard and Rooney to be free from that side of things.

Given the England captaincy is basically an exercise in PR, Rio has to be better than Stevie "Erm" Gerrard and Shrek.

The Don
5th February '10, 05:16 PM
Heard Terry has been lashing a next premiership stars wife, R.I.P if it's Mrs Heskey

good look if heskey "can't play in the same side as him" though

FG
5th February '10, 05:16 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41835000/jpg/_41835960_rooney4162.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/11/article-0-02C61663000005DC-93_468x470.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/11/article-0-04E84F9B0000044D-777_468x458.jpg

I think the captaincy could curb Rooney's wildness, although I think that side of his character isn't really an issue any more.

It matured Beckham's petulance at least.

It's too early for him though I think

M.O.G.
5th February '10, 05:17 PM
It's probably a simp, my moneys on Phil Neville

The Don
5th February '10, 05:18 PM
I think the captaincy could curb Rooney's wildness, although I think that side of his character isn't really an issue any more.

It matured Beckham's petulance at least.

It's too early for him though I think

was gonna mention beckham's 98 red card paving the way for a seemingly good captain

rio obviously got it though, hmm..

M.O.G.
5th February '10, 05:20 PM
Will it go full circle and we end up with Becks as captain again??Hmm

Let's be honest, love or hate him...Rooney probably has more pride in playing for his country then anyone who pulls on the england shirt other than Becks

Eagle
5th February '10, 05:20 PM

http://imagecache.soccerway.com/players/150x150/2525.jpg

M.O.G.
5th February '10, 05:22 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/_photos/2006-06-25-beckham-in.jpg

I hope so. Captain Becks to lead England to World Cup glory...

krsMawMr7_U

That'll be a big FUCK YOU to Steve Mclaren

Sir Kippington
5th February '10, 05:23 PM
This is why i said barry...
seems clean as a white sheet..no dodgy dealing..will start...no media storm
or fat frank...maybe

Man are cowing me down like the captain has to be a superstar player...
Thats the fucking problem in the first place.too much attention on the captain, why not someone with a low profile...
Man are asking me bout if i watch football and downsyndrome and all types of shit..smh..
this place come like 606 to rass

edit
becks wont start tho

FG
FA statement:

http://www.thefa.com/England/MensSeniorTeam/NewsAndFeatures/2010/JohnTerryStatement.aspx

England Manager Fabio Capello today issued the following statement:

“After much thought, I have made the decision that it will be best for me to take the captaincy away from John Terry.

“As a captain with the team, John Terry has displayed extremely positive behaviour. However, I have to take into account other considerations and what is best for all of the England squad.

“What is best for all of the England team has inspired my choice.

“John Terry was notified first.

“When I chose John Terry as captain, I also selected a vice-captain and also named a third choice. There is no reason to change this decision.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank The FA, particularly Lord David Triesman and Ian Watmore for allowing me to make this decision in my own time and in the best interest of the team.”

BIGDON
GERRARD FOR CAPTAIN !!

http://www.runofplay.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/gerrard.jpg

Unknown Poster
5th February '10, 05:25 PM
GERRARD FOR CAPTAIN !!

http://www.runofplay.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/gerrard.jpg

fuck off. shouldn't even be in the starting 11

GoodFella
5th February '10, 05:25 PM
Barry could get it tbh, almost certain he'll start as the holding man. Captained Villa for years and yes does have the clean cut image.

BIGDON
5th February '10, 05:26 PM

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww300/seanachie/NotSureIfSerious.jpg

M.O.G.
5th February '10, 05:26 PM

Now you're being stupid, Gerrard is a shoo-in for any england squad

M.O.G.
5th February '10, 05:27 PM
England captain should have pride to wear the 3 lions, for that Rooney should be captain

I LOVE GRIME
5th February '10, 05:27 PM
gareth barry has yet to play a major championship for club let alone country, it can only be a player who plays champs league so they understand the pressure, rio should get it but he is black i cant see a black man being given the england captaincy, rooney dunno bout that but it would not suprise me, gerrard and lampard no dnt fink ne of them 2 play good for england, ashley cole would be a good call i think

BIGDON
5th February '10, 05:28 PM
Now you're being stupid, Gerrard is a shoo-in for any england squad

Seriously, get the fuck out of here. That is all

Steven Gerrard - one of the first names on the team-sheet

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8894/kaneklapqo6.gif

GoodFella

would normally agree, but not on this years form.

Im gonna stick with Wayne Rooney.

Unknown Poster
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww300/seanachie/NotSureIfSerious.jpg
lampard>>>>gerrard (for england) and why have 2 attacking midfielders and leave loads of space at the back, and i would much rather have cole on the left wing than gerrard

Seriously, get the fuck out of here. That is all

over the past 48 hours you have said so much bollocks to do with football. stick to shit eminem trolling. you clearly know nothing so i beg you fuck off

Tony Starks
Just in: Ferdinand to be captain

M.O.G.
5th February '10, 05:29 PM
gareth barry has yet to play a major championship for club let alone country, it can only be a player who plays champs league so they understand the pressure, rio should get it but he is black i cant see a black man being given the england captaincy, rooney dunno bout that but it would not suprise me, gerrard and lampard no dnt fink ne of them 2 play good for england, ashley cole would be a good call i think

Good call about Ashley Cole, lol@Rio not being captain cuz he's black..so was Paul Ince it didnt stop him

GoodFella
5th February '10, 05:29 PM

smh

I LOVE GRIME
5th February '10, 05:31 PM
Good call about Ashley Cole, lol@Rio not being captain cuz he's black..so was Paul Ince it didnt stop him

what ince was full time captain not no stand in ting?
the reason i say about being black is bcos i just could not see a black man being given such a important role hang tite ince and rio

M.O.G.
lampard>>>>gerrard (for england) and why have 2 attacking midfielders and leave loads of space at the back, and i would much rather have cole on the left wing than gerrard

over the past 48 hours you have said so much bollocks to do with football. stick to shit eminem trolling. you clearly know nothing so i beg you fuck off

Do you honestly feel Capello would omit Gerrard??? Not gonna happen.
Let's not forget the last few games Stevie has been stuck on the problem area (the left) which isnt his preferred position so obviously Lamps will offer more, in their respected positions tho Gerrard pisses over Lampard

FG

Was bait tbh. Solid decision though.

Gerrard vice-captain

M.O.G.
5th February '10, 05:32 PM
the reason i say about being black is bcos i just could not see a black man being given such a important role hang tite ince and rio

I see what you're saying, but tbh race wouldnt be an issue if I were in charge of the FA

BIGDON

black men drive bentleys now times has changed bro

M.O.G.
black men drive bentleys now times has changed bro

:laugh::laugh:

Tony Starks
Rio is the vice captain so its only right

Unknown Poster
5th February '10, 05:33 PM
Do you honestly feel Capello would omit Gerrard??? Not gonna happen.
Let's not forget the last few games Stevie has been stuck on the problem area (the left) which isnt his preferred position so obviously Lamps will offer me, in their respected positions tho Gerrard pisses over Lampard

i doubt gerrard will be dropped, but i personally think he should be

i would have joe cole on the left, and use lamaprd and barry in the middle.

M.O.G.
5th February '10, 05:33 PM
Rio is the vice captain so its only right

Oh so it's confirmed Rio is captain? thought u were fucking around

I LOVE GRIME
5th February '10, 05:34 PM
I see what you're saying, but tbh race wouldnt be an issue if I were in charge of the FA

me 2 but with the media and other parties race is still an issue lol at black men and bentleys haha

M.O.G.
5th February '10, 05:35 PM
i doubt gerrard will be dropped, but i personally think he should be

i would have joe cole on the left, and use lamaprd and barry in the middle.

Yes@Cole on the left agreed, but id rather Gerrard over Lamps

Sir Kippington
5th February '10, 05:35 PM

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44769000/jpg/_44769353_italycaptain220.jpg

he has a chance

Incey was black..sort of lol

Unknown Poster
5th February '10, 05:37 PM
Yes@Cole on the left agreed, but id rather Gerrard over Lamps

lampard has done much more for england than gerrard. and for that i would always choose lampard

Eagle
5th February '10, 05:37 PM
thought big gay sol was the first black captain of england

Sir Kippington
5th February '10, 05:40 PM
nar it was ince still
you forget he is black sometimes
http://www.britishfooddirect.com/images/5060122030052_200.jpg

I LOVE GRIME
5th February '10, 05:40 PM
lampard has done much more for england than gerrard. and for that i would always choose lampard

lampard is hated when he plays for england he cant adapt to tacticts he is just a club player

Eagle
5th February '10, 05:43 PM
lol. fat franks selfish nature is the reason why we have to play a sub-par "holding" midfielder and gerrard on the left instead of a proper winger.

I LOVE GRIME
5th February '10, 05:47 PM
so if terry is still gonna be in the england squad does this mean that bridges international career is now over?

Hij
5th February '10, 05:59 PM
classic

lets give the captaincy to a guy who missed a drugs test on purpose and disappeared for a couple days.

Terrys offence is just in the current, what a joke move.

altho in fairness theres no one to give the captaincy to, cant even give it the goalie coz u dunno who its gonna be lol,

the whole england team is a bunch of cunts now i think about it, probably win it for these reasons

5th February '10, 06:39 PM
allow rio ferdinand, dickhead

'nuum general
5th February '10, 06:48 PM
Giving it to Rio was the easy choice as he was vice-captain. Could have been him, Gerrard or Lampard tbh.

Grimes
5th February '10, 06:53 PM
lol rio on this form shouldn't even go to the world cup

Tony Starks
5th February '10, 07:00 PM
Hearing some of the bullshit emails to Sky Sports is ridiculous. Thank god for Georgie Thompson cos i woulda swithced ages ago.

Im always confused as to why people have hated rio Ferdinand. I still cant put my finger on the exact reason tbh. Hes a WORLD CLASS defender and has won EVERYTHING

Rio was the vice-captain so its only logical it goes to him when the current captain is removed. End of

Grimes
5th February '10, 07:03 PM
its maybe logical but its not rational

Tony Starks
5th February '10, 07:05 PM
its maybe logical but its not rational

and why. he saw rio fit to be Vice captain all those months ago. And nothings changed,

Two world cups, 80 odd caps >>>>> Rooney, Lamps, Gerrards contributions in an england Shirt

Grimes
5th February '10, 07:13 PM
ferdinand is visibly on the decline

he has a career threatening back problem, has been making huge errors for club and country for the last 9 months.

if this was brazil he wouldn't even make the squad

M.O.G.
5th February '10, 07:56 PM

he has a career threatening back problem, has been making huge errors for club and country for the last 9 months.

Gotta agree with that still, with Terry losing the captaincy does anyone think he'll call time on his england career?

Tony Starks
5th February '10, 08:07 PM

While I agree he might be on the decline and his place at the world cup depends on his form towards the end of the season, he's still the vice captain. There's no need for media speculation over some 'guess who' type election. Capello was logical, quick and decisive.

Edit: and Dunga, the manager of the brazil team hasn't got a scooby about team selections lol

Grimes
5th February '10, 08:13 PM
capello took the more diplomatic approach as it is more safe bet but safe isn't the best.

'nuum general
5th February '10, 08:23 PM
capello took the more diplomatic approach as it is more safe bet but safe isn't the best.

Who's your choice?

Grimes
5th February '10, 09:02 PM
Gerrard

placing the captaincy on him would force him to pull his finger out and would improve his performances ala fabregas's recent transformation

Pirate
5th February '10, 09:11 PM
Rio <<<<
Can't defend, never mind captain the country
Shouldve been Gerrard imo, he's been an excellent captain at Liverpool

Look at the front runners tho - Rooney, aggressive and reckless; Rio, druggy and shit at defending; Gerrard, the assault thing; Terry, the cheating thing... Was hard choice for Capello, so fair play

5th February '10, 09:25 PM
am I late or something cause I could have sworn Gerrard was made vice captain when Terry was first appointed

Pirate
5th February '10, 09:30 PM
am I late or something cause I could have sworn Gerrard was made vice captain when Terry was first appointed

yeah, thought same thing...
would check, but too much effort lol

Grimes
5th February '10, 09:31 PM
yh when he was first appointed then when he was appointed by fabio capello rio was made vice

Shanger
5th February '10, 09:37 PM
Rio <<<<
Can't defend, never mind captain the country
Shouldve been Gerrard imo, he's been an excellent captain at Liverpool

Look at the front runners tho - Rooney, aggressive and reckless; Rio, druggy and shit at defending; Gerrard, the assault thing; Terry, the cheating thing... Was hard choice for Capello, so fair play

rio is not shit at defending he is the best defender in the country and has been for years

Grimes
5th February '10, 09:39 PM
lol at him being the best defender in the country

he's been doing his best impression of titus bramble for the last 6months

Shanger
5th February '10, 09:40 PM
"you got murked"

The Enigma
5th February '10, 10:05 PM
Watch Terry get booed by the England fans in the next England game.

As much as i think he is a cunt, its not needed.
It will cost us.

Shanger
5th February '10, 10:13 PM

It will cost us.

will probs be a mixed reception

'nuum general
5th February '10, 10:14 PM
I don't think there is much difference between giving in to rio or gerrard tbh

BIGDON
5th February '10, 10:50 PM
rio is far from the best defender in the country

Matt91
5th February '10, 11:02 PM
Has Rio even played 15 games this season?

Pirate
6th February '10, 12:18 AM
lol at him being the best defender in the country

he's been doing his best impression of titus bramble for the last 6months

This.
But Titus is definitely improving...
Bramble's mistakes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Messiah
6th February '10, 12:21 AM
poor decision
Not at all. The right one. Take this situation and put it in any other working environment and the result would be the same.

It will cost us.
Don't care. Most football fans would rather see their team win the league than England win a World Cup.

I don't think there is much difference between giving in to rio or gerrard tbh

FG
6th February '10, 12:22 AM
Why are guys in denial.

Rio will walk into the world cup squad if he resembles anything near full-fitness.

He's had a bad injury and now he's back playing, and he'll be very important in United's run-in after his suspension. On his day he is one of the best centre-backs in England without doubt.

Michael Dawson may have had an impressive season but what - would you take him instead?

The Messiah
6th February '10, 12:36 AM
Why are guys in denial.

Rio will walk into the world cup squad if he resembles anything near full-fitness.

He's had a bad injury and now he's back playing, and he'll be very important in United's run-in after his suspension. On his day he is one of the best centre-backs in England without doubt.

Michael Dawson may have had an impressive season but what - would you take him instead?

People who choose such alternatives like Dawson either have vested interests or are reactive people who currently think Rooney is the best striker in the world.

'nuum general
6th February '10, 01:19 AM
only reason for not talking rio would be fitness.

Flawless
6th February '10, 05:10 AM
Anyone who thinks the likes of Dawson are better defenders than Rio are gassed hes arguably Englands best CB ....

Grimes
6th February '10, 12:36 PM
on his day ronaldinho is the best player in the world....just sayin

M.O.G.
6th February '10, 12:38 PM
Anyone who thinks the likes of Dawson are better defenders than Rio are gassed hes arguably Englands best CB ....

A fit Ledley King would be alot better then Rio tbh

The Messiah
6th February '10, 01:15 PM
A fit Ledley King would be alot better then Rio tbh

http://www.hybridcarblog.com/uploaded_images/natural_gas_set_to_change_everything_about_fight_f or_energy_independence-720907.jpg

M.O.G.
6th February '10, 01:17 PM
U MAD CUZZY?

Am injury free Ledley King is x10 the defender Rio is

chris89
6th February '10, 02:59 PM
Nah let's not get it twisted, Rio is the second best defender in the country, it just happens that the first is John Terry.

lol @ all the talk of Ledley King, he has never been even in the top 5 defenders in the league.

Matt91
6th February '10, 05:07 PM
Nah let's not get it twisted, Rio is the second best defender in the country, it just happens that the first is John Terry.

lol @ all the talk of Ledley King, he has never been even in the top 5 defenders in the league.

John Terry the best defender in the league:laugh:

He's lucky he's got faster centre backs playing alongside him.

FG
6th February '10, 05:14 PM
John Terry the best defender in the league:laugh:

He's lucky he's got faster centre backs playing alongside him.

Who's better than Terry?

Terry and Ferdinand are the best two English centre-backs in the league. There's no doubt about this at all.

Jagielka and King (injury-permitting), Dawson, Cahill - all good English defenders that have an outside chance of going, maybe at the expense of Lescott right now if he doesn't perform well for City.

Upson will probably go to South Africa

nortside
6th February '10, 07:16 PM
bruv even hardcore gooners will admit king is gully, the guy is brilliant, him and rio plus a fit woodgate are better then terry, people have short memories, when all these came through 10 odd years ago rio, king and woodgate were without doubt better then terry what terry had on his side is his injury record, the other 3 are all excellent in every department plus are quicker then terry, watch in 1on1 situations and terry is easily the worst due to his lack of pace so he resorts to the sly tug of the shirt hoping the ref don't see.

Grimes
6th February '10, 07:18 PM
i don't know where king's reputation comes from

he's a competent defender but tottenham have never had the prestigeous defensive stats to back it up

nortside
6th February '10, 07:21 PM
i don't know where king's reputation comes from

he's a competent defender but tottenham have never had the prestigeous defensive stats to back it up

comes from people in the game and fans who have watched him properly, i remember henery saying how king was the toughest cb he faced, pace, strentgh, good in the air etc

FG
6th February '10, 07:28 PM
bruv even hardcore gooners will admit king is gully, the guy is brilliant, him and rio plus a fit woodgate are better then terry, people have short memories, when all these came through 10 odd years ago rio, king and woodgate were without doubt better then terry what terry had on his side is his injury record, the other 3 are all excellent in every department plus are quicker then terry, watch in 1on1 situations and terry is easily the worst due to his lack of pace so he resorts to the sly tug of the shirt hoping the ref don't see.

I know King is gully - when he plays. The guy has to be wrapped in cotton-wool though and for that reason he's never a realistically viable choice.

I see you're point about ten years ago but that's the point - it was ten years ago. Woodgate is (could easily say 'was') also a very good defender but again not a viable option.

Terry has fight, as well as excellent positional awareness and decent composure on the ball. He's very strong in the tackle and in the air, and offers more offensive threat than Ferdinand/Woodgate/King.

These skills make up for his lack of pace - if it gets to a one-on-one with Terry the centre-halves as a unit haven't done their job properly if it gets to that point.

I dislike Chelsea and the man tbh but I can't deny he's a quality player

R.i.p.s.t.a
6th February '10, 07:31 PM
lmao @ ledley king

Grimes
6th February '10, 07:31 PM
if woodgate, terry,king were viable candidates for england squad when they were 19 smh

nortside
6th February '10, 07:41 PM
knowbody is disputing terry is good, we are talking about how these players matched up, when they all burst through terry was behind all of them and was always getting exposed for his lack of pace in the early day. i remember henry and ljungberg mugging him many times,

when abramovich came and chelsea bought in bare class players to surround terry his game stepped up while the others were blighted by injury problems, he plays in a solid team surrounded by pacey defenders but out of the chelsea team in the england side he has never looked as good and as i said before 1on1 he get's easily bun for pace

FG
6th February '10, 07:59 PM
Well, how they all burst through is irrelevant now tbh since you can only go on recent form, especially in the context of a World Cup squad.

Terry's a very good defender in his own right and actually pulls the Chelsea defence together. He has done consistently in the past few years.

Talk about pace all you want but it is not a vital attribute for a centre-back, hence why many if they are good enough can play beyond the wrong side of 35.

Ferdinand and Terry have more than enough experience and know-how to play as a strong back-pairing that moves collectively and doesn't jeopardise the other, i.e a one-on-one situation.

nortside
6th February '10, 08:16 PM
tbh i just jumped on to the last page so i ain't following the whole convo and if it's about who should go to the world cup obviously terry should go simple as

Shanger
6th February '10, 08:20 PM
rio >> terry

terry is good but too slow

rio may have bad spells but he is the better player

'nuum general
7th February '10, 04:26 PM
problem with king is he'll never be fully fit, not enough for a world cup tournament anyway. I would definitely take Cahill, guy looks quality. I'd have a look at Shawcross aswell since he can also play in midfield. If fully fit, Rio, Terry & Upson will go. Turner is worth a look-in aswell though his form has dipped since joining sunderland (serves him right!!)

Pirate
7th February '10, 04:51 PM
Rio = massively inconsistent, he's either terrible or amazing (atm he's on one of his awful spells)
Terry = thuggish, slow, liability, hoofs it out into touch too much
King = injured, but amazing CB
Woodgate = see King
Carragher = excellent at last min tackles, too old, refuses to play for England
Dawson = good, but lacking the experience the others have
Turner = good, but again lacking experience at the top level
Stephen Taylor = great defender, probably not world class
Upson = good and reliable

'nuum general
7th February '10, 04:53 PM
nothing wrong with centre-halves hoofing it. It's clearing your lines

FG
7th February '10, 04:54 PM
Gross understimating of Ferdinand and Terry itt

Pirate
7th February '10, 04:55 PM
nothing wrong with centre-halves hoofing it. It's clearing your lines

aye, but you want it to stay in play after you've whacked it, especially if you have Drogba up front (at club level) or Rooney (for England)
It's not like he's got crap aerial players there

ustahir_1
8th February '10, 02:05 AM
think ferdinand is a shit choice, def needs to be rooney

even though the captains role is hyped alot still need a leader n rooney the shit

primesuspects
20th February '10, 01:28 AM
john terrry is a badman and even the great 1 (jose) says da same thing, 4get wat he's dun, its wat he does on da pitch dat matters!!

The Messiah
20th February '10, 02:19 AM
john terrry is a badman and even the great 1 (jose) says da same thing, 4get wat he's dun, its wat he does on da pitch dat matters!!

i rate rooney even tho am a gunner but like most english players he's OVER RATED

Hmmm....

Suspect indeed.

Alter E-ghost
20th February '10, 02:44 AM
Rio = massively inconsistent, he's either terrible or amazing (atm he's on one of his awful spells)
Terry = thuggish, slow, liability, hoofs it out into touch too much
King = injured, but amazing CB
Woodgate = see King
Carragher = excellent at last min tackles, too old, refuses to play for England
Dawson = good, but lacking the experience the others have
Turner = good, but again lacking experience at the top level
Stephen Taylor = great defender, probably not world class
Upson = good and reliable

LOL

gassed
fuck off

Alfie
20th February '10, 02:46 AM
Rooney - Sleeps with grannie hookers
Lampard - Cheated on wife
Terry - Cheated on wife
Gerrard - Assualted someone in a bar
Beckham - Cheated on wife
A. Cole - Cheated on wife x30 (also a cunt)
Richards - Roasting
Ferdinand - Drugs ban, roasting etc
Owen - Serial gambler
King - Fighting outside nightclub
Woodgate - Nightclub assualt

The England team is full of role models lol

Pirate
21st February '10, 03:36 PM
LOL

gassed
fuck off

hows that gassed fam?

southwestgrime
24th February '10, 12:42 AM
gerrard deserves to be captain by a long shot. barry did captain his club for a long time and capello does like to play him alot but he aint got what it takes to captain his country

Mr Nasri
24th February '10, 12:00 PM
LOL

gassed
fuck off