PDA

View Full Version : As we are now a 'community'

Romelu Lukaku
17th January '08, 11:58 PM
Lets get started on attempting to make some big changes.

So my 1st idea was to contact the Mobo organisers (Via there website, they have a contact link) Stating a valid argument as to why grime deserves to have its own category. What have we got to lose?

Reason im asking for your help is because as a unit we can think of more valid points and build a good argument.

Thoughts?

hyperfrank
18th January '08, 12:00 AM
point one..................
MOST OF THE ACTS THAT YOU HAVE IN THE HIPHOP SECTION AND BEST VIDEO, TRACK ETC ETC ETC ETC ARE ALL GRIME.

they might aswell call it the GRIME awards

FG
18th January '08, 12:00 AM
I think that's fair enough

Though it would have to be quite a dedicated grime award...

Would there be enough nominees with the amount that some put in? If it got going it could be the same people year after year

Withy the amount of albums due to drop this year though things are looking up, so its not the most unlikely thing in the world

Hij
18th January '08, 12:02 AM
It has to be worth lobbying them for certain.

I got tired of seeing people talk about the Dubstep mandem and their attitudes, lets do this man.

Romelu Lukaku
18th January '08, 12:03 AM
The link to contact them is

http://www.mobo.com/?page=089

hyperfrank
18th January '08, 12:04 AM
I worked on some magazine for the Mobo's last year and between you, me and the rest of the internet - it's all blatently for profit. For instance N-Dubz paid to win, and most of the artists who won were picked randomly or paid. There's no passion or love behind it just pure MONEY MONEY MONEY business.

Hij
18th January '08, 12:06 AM
I worked on some magazine for the Mobo's last year and between you, me and the rest of the internet - it's all blatently for profit. For instance N-Dubz paid to win, and most of the artists who won were picked randomly or paid. There's no passion or love behind it just pure MONEY MONEY MONEY business.

The sad point is that its an indictment of a lot of those type of companies.

Fuck N-Dubz till the day I die, I have never been jarred so much by one pop group.

Has to be worth a little email at least, but Im one of the most cynical people you will ever meet, but Hyperfrank summed up what I thought innit.

Pred
18th January '08, 12:06 AM
There's not enough content to go by....would they count mixtapes as content?

EDIT Interesting stuff frank!

What ever happened to the Sidewinder Awards? They were big!

Fewie
18th January '08, 12:48 AM
do a proper grime forum awards aswell, lyk wha was said bout on rwd but never got done

The Elijah
18th January '08, 10:51 AM

hit the nail on the head

Jay05
18th January '08, 12:37 PM
the best hip hop review i used to see was the in the sauce.

If know one will host the awards then create a rave to do it yourself.

S.Man
18th January '08, 04:10 PM
As you said frank its all about money.

People pay to win. We know that. So would you think that many artists would wanna claim that award knowing that the real fans know that theyve bumped someone off (no homo) for that award.

as well if they do create a grime award surely ud have to make a dubstep award etc.

Anonymous
18th January '08, 05:30 PM
The sad point is that its an indictment of a lot of those type of companies.

Fuck N-Dubz till the day I die, I have never been jarred so much by one pop group.

Has to be worth a little email at least, but Im one of the most cynical people you will ever meet, but Hyperfrank summed up what I thought innit.

Co-Sign.
They Come To My Area To Perform And Everyone Went Nuts. I Dont Know What People See In Them.
Especially That Las Vegas Tune :@.
N Dubz Can Suck There Girls.

Hij
18th January '08, 05:32 PM
Co-Sign.
They Come To My Area To Perform And Everyone Went Nuts. I Dont Know What People See In Them.
Especially That Las Vegas Tune :@.
N Dubz Can Suck There Girls.

Ive seen them mime twice.

My mate was the DnB DJ, I was behind the decks drinking snakebite and they just span a vinyl and mimed

and no one clocked

Anonymous
18th January '08, 05:33 PM
do a proper grime forum awards aswell, lyk wha was said bout on rwd but never got done

Yeah You Could Also Include Awards (Obviously Not Trophys Or Anything, Just Recognition) For The Forums Members.
Ive Seen It About Like : Forums Most Improved Producer Of 2008: Etc.

Anonymous
18th January '08, 05:36 PM
Ive seen them mime twice.

My mate was the DnB DJ, I was behind the decks drinking snakebite and they just span a vinyl and mimed

and no one clocked
Boy. I Despise Them. Them And Lauren Mason = Waste Of Space & Air.

Odotkae
18th January '08, 06:57 PM
Dey Got Moved To In My Bits. The Two Guys & Their Chains Are FAKE! Any Waste On Road!

jl470
11th August '14, 06:10 PM
Yo, my name is Jamal Langley, I am doing research funded by the University of Sussex on Grime music. I wish to see if Grime music is a good medium through which to gain an understanding about the social lives of the MC’s, and the marginalised communities they come from. If you are a fan of Grime music could you please complete this survey, there will be a prize draw for a 25 Amazon voucher https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/sussex/grime/ (https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/sussex/grime/).