Eric Cantona
23rd June '09, 08:19 PM
7th

Mr_C!!
23rd June '09, 08:22 PM
1st or 2nd

icecream
23rd June '09, 08:28 PM
2nd or 3rd. maybe 1st if they have any luck with injuries.

Bish
23rd June '09, 08:41 PM
we will see just b4 the season starts an then we will know cant say yet

Brutes
23rd June '09, 08:48 PM
4th

Genetically Genuine
24th June '09, 02:28 AM
I'll start making any predictions when the 1st of September goes by.

RIP Jakey
24th June '09, 03:53 AM
I think it may be another 4th, but Wenger only needs to bring in 2 decent players in problem positions for us to make a push.

'nuum general
24th June '09, 12:30 PM
3/4th at the moment

Keyser Söze
24th June '09, 12:36 PM
5th

Eagle
24th June '09, 02:44 PM
2nd or 3rd. maybe 1st if they have any luck with injuries.

about first. you were closer to everton than you were to chelsea last year.

i do think you will improve this season. but to say first. smh. these are the sort of arrogant comments that make me slew aresnal fans

Wallace Ninety Two
24th June '09, 03:18 PM
2nd with the arrival of Vermalaan (cant spell dodgy names) to strengthen out back four.

Bish
24th June '09, 03:24 PM
lol i think 1 or 2 more signings in the right area and keep our vital players fit we can come 1st or 2ed

Wallace Ninety Two
24th June '09, 03:33 PM
waste of a first post, although i think he is good one centre back wont get us 20 extra points

we need to get viera type player, i mean diaby could fill that role, but his constant desire to roam forward leaves that hole open. Also we need to work on set pieces.

Xtra P
24th June '09, 04:01 PM
1st

Champoins league

FA Cup

League Cup

Unbeaten run in all competitions

No goals conceded

The Messiah
24th June '09, 04:05 PM
about first. you were closer to everton than you were to chelsea last year.

i do think you will improve this season. but to say first. smh. these are the sort of arrogant comments that make me slew aresnal fans

Point of information, actually we were equidistant. 9 points ahead of Everton and 9 points behind Chelsea.

It is common knowledge that we are more than capable of beating Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool (the only team we didn't beat at some point last season was Liverpool - we drew all our games with them).

Our team currently is not vastly different from the previous two seasons - one of which where Arsenal were more than holding our own for most of the season. In the season just gone, despite common opinion we didn't lose that many games. One more game than Chelsea, two more than United. It is obvious that our problem stems from drawing too many games. This secondary to our defence.

Arsenal scored just as many goals as both Chelsea and United, but conceded 13 more. We are currently not capable of the 1-0 wins which Chelsea and United produced on numerous occasions in teh season just gone. In my personal opinion I don't think it would take 2/3 seasons to rectify this sort of problem. It can easily be done in one summer with a signing or to and a good defensive coach.

With all this in mind I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for fans to hope that Arsenal can come 1st with the correct signings this summer.

Eagle
24th June '09, 04:23 PM
Point of information, actually we were equidistant. 9 points ahead of Everton and 9 points behind Chelsea.

about point of information

posn club played won drew lost for against gd points

3 Chelsea 38 25 8 5 68 24 +44 83
4 Arsenal 38 20 12 6 68 37 +31 72
5 Everton 38 17 12 9 55 37 +18 63

last time i looked :

83 - 72 = 11

72 - 63 = 9

not the first time you've used fake statistics now is it son?

you can make all the excuses you want about injuries, but chelsea went for a 2 month period where they couldnt buy a win at home. Now they have got rid of scolari I cant see them going on a run like this again. Also they had a number of injuries to key players like Essien (for 3/4 of the season) and drogba. Chelsea will be better next season. Liverpool have already improved their team with johnson. Man U have £80mil to spend

All of the teams in the top 4 will strengthen, it is a fact due to the amounts of money they make and the revenues they want to protect. Nothing I have seen over the past 5 years makes me believe that wenger will spend more than any of the top 3.

Bish
24th June '09, 04:26 PM
come on guys allow turning this into another The Messiah vs Eagle or Eagle vs The Messiah thread. i think ur both right

Eagle
24th June '09, 04:27 PM
come on guys allow turning this into another The Messiah vs Eagle or Eagle vs The Messiah thread. i think ur both right

fair point. just wanted to correct some wrong info

The Messiah
24th June '09, 04:40 PM
about point of information

posn club played won drew lost for against gd points

3 Chelsea 38 25 8 5 68 24 +44 83
4 Arsenal 38 20 12 6 68 37 +31 72
5 Everton 38 17 12 9 55 37 +18 63

last time i looked :

83 - 72 = 11

72 - 63 = 9

not the first time you've used fake statistics now is it son?

Fair enough. I used my memory of an article and didn't quote anywhere so I deserve that I guess. It's a minor in the grand scheme of the post I made.

you can make all the excuses you want about injuries, but chelsea went for a 2 month period where they couldnt buy a win at home. Now they have got rid of scolari I cant see them going on a run like this again. Also they had a number of injuries to key players like Essien (for 3/4 of the season) and drogba. Chelsea will be better next season. Liverpool have already improved their team with johnson. Man U have £80mil to spend

All of the teams in the top 4 will strengthen, it is a fact due to the amounts of money they make and the revenues they want to protect. Nothing I have seen over the past 5 years makes me believe that wenger will spend more than any of the top 3.

I wasn't making excuses, I'm simply pointing out that it's not totally unreasonable for some fans to think Arsenal can win the league. As unfortunate as Chelsea were with injuries and bad runs, Arsenal have an equal claim to bad luck. For Chelsea's Essien, Arsenal had Fabregas. Drogba for Adebayor. Rosicky, Eduardo and so on.

I expect Arsenal to be better next season, along with Chelsea and many other clubs. The only team I'm not confident will be better are United. Despite having tons to spend, you don't sell your best player and "improve" - you simply adapt to the change. They'll still be favourites to win the league provided they sign a forward and a winger, but they will miss Ronaldo loads in the CL.

The Messiah
24th June '09, 04:47 PM

I think Eagle is speaking truth as well personally - we'll improve but not win the league. I just don't think those who think we'll get first shouldn't be shot down because it isn't the ridiculous notion he's made it out to be...

Eagle
24th June '09, 04:47 PM
i'd agree on united. however, they are still very strong defensively so should still be able to get those sneaky 1-0 wins

Rhymes.
24th June '09, 04:52 PM
i think chelsea will have a tough time when the african cup of nations come, its hard to replace essein and drogba for a month and a half, and they also lose kalou and mikel. Arsenal will lose Adebayor if Togo qualify, Toure, Song, Eboue. Arsenal wont be that worse off because we have strikers to replace Ade, Djourou or Vermaelen to replace Kolo, we will have signed a defensive mid aswell, and eboue is any team player now. Personally i think Liverpool will go right to the end, and if they dont win, Rafa will be questioned alot.

Unknown Poster
24th June '09, 04:57 PM
i think chelsea will have a tough time when the african cup of nations come, its hard to replace essein and drogba for a month and a half, and they also lose kalou and mikel. Arsenal will lose Adebayor if Togo qualify, Toure, Song, Eboue. Arsenal wont be that worse off because we have strikers to replace Ade, Djourou or Vermaelen to replace Kolo, we will have signed a defensive mid aswell, and eboue is any team player now. Personally i think Liverpool will go right to the end, and if they dont win, Rafa will be questioned alot.

i think liverpool are as likely to drop out the top 4 than arsenal (cant see it happenin tho)

Rhymes.
24th June '09, 05:01 PM
nah no way Liverpool are defenitly gona be in the top four, i think theyve learnt how to win games without their top players, thats what Arsenal didnt do because it was such a shock to them when Fabregas, Eduardo, Rosicky, Adebayor got injured. 07/08 season Ade kept them going, 08/09 season Van Persie kept them going. Now its time for EVERY1 to chip in with goals.

Unknown Poster
24th June '09, 05:01 PM
eagle why so bitter

Unknown Poster
24th June '09, 05:02 PM
is it because your team spend more than most of the top 4 yet top 10 finish is a good season for you

Rhymes.
24th June '09, 05:03 PM
lol i can see a big argument.

Eagle
24th June '09, 05:06 PM
fam its nothing about my team. keep slewing spurs. please. it just shows me that you have missed the point completely.

if you want people to take your points seriously stop typing nonsense.

The Messiah
24th June '09, 05:07 PM
nah no way Liverpool are defenitly gona be in the top four, i think theyve learnt how to win games without their top players, thats what Arsenal didnt do because it was such a shock to them when Fabregas, Eduardo, Rosicky, Adebayor got injured. 07/08 season Ade kept them going, 08/09 season Van Persie kept them going. Now its time for EVERY1 to chip in with goals.

Liverpool will be top 2. No question.

As for everyone chipping in with goals, I honestly don't think that is of highest importance. We are always capable of scoring goals, whoever we play. Van Persie, Arshavin will get 15+ easy (Even Bentdner reached 15 this season), it would be great if Fabregas and Nasri chipped in but not key.

Our key area is at the back. If Arsenal can keep clean sheets for fun, then you can start seriously talking about the title. Tony Adams. Defensive coach. I'm getting tired of saying it, but it seems so obvious.

Unknown Poster
24th June '09, 05:08 PM
fam its nothing about my team. keep slewing spurs. please. it just shows me that you have missed the point completely.

if you want people to take your points seriously stop typing nonsense.

firstly i didnt say either would drop out i just dont think liverpool are any more secure in the top 4 than arsenal

secondly what point have i missed

Eagle
24th June '09, 05:12 PM
Our key area is at the back. If Arsenal can keep clean sheets for fun, then you can start seriously talking about the title. Tony Adams. Defensive coach. I'm getting tired of saying it, but it seems so obvious.

Adams doesnt seem to be the right guy based on his failings at Wycombe and Pompey. According to my pompey season ticket holder mates he pissed off a lot of the playing staff.

Why cant you just get keown back? or has he decided he wants a media career

Xtra P
24th June '09, 05:13 PM
firstly i didnt say either would drop out i just dont think liverpool are any more secure in the top 4 than arsenal

secondly what point have i missed

What are you basing your argument on? you can't just make statements like this & not back it up fam

Bish
24th June '09, 05:15 PM
What are you basing your argument on? you can't just make statements like this & not back it up fam

im with him on this i mean yer last yr they challanged for the title bt yr b4 so did we and if they loose a couple of players like macherano like we lost flamini then things could easily chance like it did for us

Unknown Poster
24th June '09, 05:17 PM

i dont think liverpools squad is to far ahead of villa,everton and spurs without gerrard and torres so if liverpool had both of them missing for large periods of the season there is no reason they couldnt be overtaken, i will point out that i said i didnt think either pool or arsenal would finish out of the top 4

Eagle
24th June '09, 05:19 PM
im with him on this i mean yer last yr they challanged for the title bt yr b4 so did we and if they loose a couple of players like macherano like we lost flamini then things could easily chance like it did for us

fair point, but at the moment im just seeing media stories to sell papers.

Just like the fabregas to madrid / barca and the RVP to man u story.

As it stands, both Arsenal and Liverpool haven't lost anynoe this summer, but have signed a defender. Based on the premiership experience both Johnson and Vermaelen have, I would say Liverpool have increased the gap between the 2 clubs.

just as a side, if we were to get top 4 at man united expense, it would be better than beating arsenal into the top 4. by no means am i saying we will come top 4, just stating how much id love to see united drop out of it

Xtra P
24th June '09, 05:19 PM
Fair enough

Eagle
24th June '09, 05:20 PM
i dont think liverpools squad is to far ahead of villa,everton and spurs without gerrard and torres so if liverpool had both of them missing for large periods of the season there is no reason they couldnt be overtaken, i will point out that i said i didnt think either pool or arsenal would finish out of the top 4

torres missed a huge chunk of last season. they still pushed united up to the end of april

The Messiah
24th June '09, 05:34 PM
Adams doesnt seem to be the right guy based on his failings at Wycombe and Pompey. According to my pompey season ticket holder mates he pissed off a lot of the playing staff.

Why cant you just get keown back? or has he decided he wants a media career

As a defensive coach, not as a manager. When he was defensive coach at Pompey with Redknapp managing the team David James made 22 clean sheets during the 07-08 season.

1. Portsmouth 3 - 0 Leeds (Carling Cup)
2. Portsmouth 0 - 0 Liverpool (Premier League)
3. Blackburn 0 - 1 Portsmouth (Premier League)
4. Fulham 0 - 2 Portsmouth (Premier League)
5. Wigan 0 - 2 Portsmouth (Premier League)
6. Portsmouth 0 - 0 West Ham (Premier League)
7. Portsmouth 0 - 0 Man City (Premier League)
8. Birmingham City 0 - 2 Portsmouth (Premier League)
9. Portsmouth 0 - 0 Everton (Premier League)
10. Portsmouth 0 - 0 Arsenal (Premier League)
11. Reading 0 - 2 Portsmouth (Premier League)
12. Ipswich 0 - 1 Portsmouth (FA Cup)
13. Bolton 0 - 1 Portsmouth (Premier League)
14. Preston North End 0 - 1 Portsmouth (FA Cup)
15. Portsmouth 1 - 0 Sunderland (Premier League)
16. Man Utd 0 - 1 Portsmouth (FA Cup)
17. Portsmouth 2 - 0 Aston Villa (Premier League)
18. Portsmouth 2 - Wigan (Premier League)
19. WBA 0 - 1 Portsmouth (FA Cup)
20. West Ham 0 - 1 Portsmouth (Premier League)
21. Portsmouth 0 - 0 Newcastle (Premier League)
22. Portsmouth 1 - 0 Cardiff (FA Cup)

And they had a good defensive record teh season before that also, because it was the season Robinson finally got pushed down the England pecking order by James. Using Van Der Sar and United as an example, if you've got a good defence in front of you, keeping clean sheets is that much easer. This is all linked with Glen Johnson's emergence over the past few years.

It would be win/win for Tony Adams because he could learn a thing or two from Wenger as well. I don't think Keown wants to come back as coach, though I'd take him instantly as well. I just get the impression that there is no-one at Arsenal in the playing staff who has enough nous to work with the defenders and organise them to the level they should be. Hence why I feel Senderos has been failed by Arsenal rather than him failing the club.

Rhymes.
24th June '09, 05:45 PM
some people chat a bag of AIR. Villa have just lost Barry, Man City are not consistent enough and will have players being pissed all the time because they wont get to play, Everton are the only team who can do consistently well throughout the whole year, they got fifth and still managed to get to the FA Cup final. How you gona say Liverpool's squads are not that for away from Everton, Man City and Villa. Liverpool RIPPED through Villa, Everton and Liverpool always give a good game no matter what the teams are, and Man CIty lost at home to them leading 2-0. Im a Arsenal fan but saying that is completely STUPID.

Rhymes.
24th June '09, 05:47 PM
The defence of Arsenal is the only thing keeping them from winning a cup, and they are getting closer and closer. 2 semi finals, next year it may be the final.

Jack Man Everyday Blatant
24th June '09, 05:50 PM
The defence of Arsenal is the only thing keeping them from winning a cup, and they are getting closer and closer. 2 semi finals, next year it may be the final.

this and people often 4get the age factor, every year we do badly, we can come back far better if we learn from our mistakes

Phader
24th June '09, 07:37 PM
i see arsenal finishin no higher than 4th...and im an arsenal fan

i cant see how anyone can think different....

Bish
24th June '09, 08:00 PM
ur obvs a pessimist

Unknown Poster
24th June '09, 08:03 PM
ur obvs a pessimist

why cant you finish 3rd if not higher if you have luck woth injuries we will have 3-4 extra players this season (without signing anyone else)

icecream
24th June '09, 08:50 PM
yes im optimistic. i don't think they'll win but i think they'll be alot closer to the title.

defending does need to improve and it has to be a team effort, 1 new star defensive mid won't fix it. when you look at man u defending, rooney isn't afraid to play left back for half an hour if the team needs it.

Eagle
24th June '09, 09:45 PM
interestingly enough as soon as harry came to spurs, our defence improved dramatically, resulting in us having the best home defensive record in the league.

perhaps the success of pompeys defence was down to the personnel employed and the managers tactics?

Phader
24th June '09, 10:43 PM
eagle: where do u think spurs will finish next season?

Eagle
25th June '09, 09:45 AM
eagle: where do u think spurs will finish next season?

i reckon we should get 6th.

would be happy with 7th or 8th if we were to also go to wembley.

daspecimen
25th June '09, 09:58 AM
i'm more worried about wenger changing the formation. he hinted in an interview that there was going to be a move towards the 4-2-3-1 or one with three midfielders in an interview which I think would be disaterous.

Xtra P
25th June '09, 01:09 PM
i'm more worried about wenger changing the formation. he hinted in an interview that there was going to be a move towards the 4-2-3-1 or one with three midfielders in an interview which I think would be disaterous.

I'd like to see us play with this formation, I think it could work cause we have the players to do it

...........................Almunia

Sagna.........Djourou.......Gallas.......Chichy/Gibbs

...........................Toure/Song

....................Nasri.........Fabragas

Arshavin.......................................... ...Van Persie/Eduardo

.............................Eduardo/Van Persie

daspecimen
25th June '09, 01:22 PM
Nah he's doing it the other way, kinda how Liverpool play with the two holding midfielders whereas that's a bit more the way Chelsea play.

I think we do better when we play a 4-4-2 myself

Xtra P
25th June '09, 01:34 PM
Nah he's doing it the other way, kinda how Liverpool play with the two holding midfielders whereas that's a bit more the way Chelsea play.

I think we do better when we play a 4-4-2 myself

I hate that formation, having 2 holding midfielders invites pressure imo, it's too negative, you just need one good holding midfielder & let the rest just do their thing

Grimes
25th June '09, 02:25 PM
i agree

Grimes
25th June '09, 02:26 PM
i don't think arsenal's strikers are good enough to play 1 upfront if u ask me n/s

also how many goals actually come midfield as well

Unknown Poster
25th June '09, 02:30 PM
i don't think arsenal's strikers are good enough to play 1 upfront if u ask me n/s

eduardo could play upfront by himself for a whole season and score plenty of goals i dont think adebayor or v persie could do that

but we do get quite alot of goals from midfield

Grimes
25th June '09, 02:31 PM
how many before arshavin came?

Xtra P
25th June '09, 02:33 PM

IF Eduardo can stay fit & on form, he is more than good enough but thats a big if.

Xtra P
25th June '09, 02:35 PM

Not sure, i'm gonna do some resech in a bit but Asharvin is here now so we know that goals will come from the midfield.

Nasri got a few goals last season aswell.

Unknown Poster
25th June '09, 02:36 PM

well these are the stats from last season (prem only)

fabregas played 22 scored 3
diaby played 24 scored 3
nasri played 29 scored 6
walcott played 22 scored 2
arshavin played 12 scored 6

so if fabregas had of been fit more (same with walcott) thats about 25 golas a season from midfield which is pretty good

Xtra P
25th June '09, 02:38 PM
well these are the stats from last season (prem only)

fabregas played 22 scored 3
diaby played 24 scored 3
nasri played 29 scored 6
walcott played 22 scored 2
arshavin played 12 scored 6

so if fabregas had of been fit more (same with walcott) thats about 25 golas a season from midfield which is pretty good

Those stats aint too good boi, hope we get more goals from midfield next season

Grimes
25th June '09, 02:39 PM
well, i haven't seen chelsea's or man utds tbh.

Unknown Poster
25th June '09, 02:41 PM
Those stats aint too good boi, hope we get more goals from midfield next season

rosicky isnt afraid to shoot and he seemed to pop up with a few goals before he got injured so that should bring a few more, but 25 goals isnt to bad a return for a midfiled

Easyone!
25th June '09, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't be too quick to write off Arsenal still, Man Utd have just lost about 50 goals a season in Ronaldo and Tevez, Chelsea are full of OAPs, Liverpool could lose Mascherano and Alonso which leaves a big hole in their team. As long as Arsenal don't sell and get some big dirty shin-breaking tackler in Midfield they can at least push for the title.

(No bias, I support Leeds :()

Grimes
25th June '09, 02:44 PM
lol at denilson not scoring a single goal.

Grimes
25th June '09, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't be too quick to write off Arsenal still, Man Utd have just lost about 50 goals a season in Ronaldo and Tevez, Chelsea are full of OAPs, Liverpool could lose Mascherano and Alonso which leaves a big hole in their team. As long as Arsenal don't sell and get some big dirty shin-breaking tackler in Midfield they can at least push for the title.

(No bias, I support Leeds :()

yh i guess so, a destructive player wont solve all arsenal's problems though i think Arsenal need more players with winning mentalities who can drive a team and lead by example from the pits of the trenches.

Xtra P
25th June '09, 02:47 PM

:lol:

And he played the most games, the guy is hopeless

Unknown Poster
25th June '09, 02:52 PM

:lol:

And he played the most games, the guy is hopeless

he scored 2-3 i just didnt up him

Xtra P
25th June '09, 02:53 PM
he scored 2-3 i just didnt up him

He's still shit

Unknown Poster
25th June '09, 02:55 PM
He's still shit

he isnt top 4 quality but he is underrated

Eagle
25th June '09, 03:01 PM
he isnt top 4 quality but he is underrated

how is man under-rated ? he starts for a top 4 side.

Unknown Poster
25th June '09, 03:04 PM
how is man under-rated ? he starts for a top 4 side.

He's still shit

and dont say its jus extra who calls him shit

Easyone!
25th June '09, 03:11 PM
Yeah Denilson is shite

daspecimen
25th June '09, 03:12 PM
we dont get enough goals from midfield but if you look at the clubs over the last few seasons who have (man u, chelsea, liverpool) the goals from midfield came from the same individuals for the larger part. when he had pires/ljungberg we had two solid goal threats and thats something thats lacking but wingers don't seem to be so clinical in front of goal so much.

daspecimen
25th June '09, 03:13 PM
I like Denilson as a player myself. He's not great at anything but he's a grafter and he will get better with time imo. whether thats at arsenal is yet to be seen but he's alright. i'd get rid of diaby ahead of him

Eagle
25th June '09, 03:21 PM
i always thought diaby was gash, but did actually see denilson becoming a class act.

based on what i've seen in the past 2 years, neither are good enough for where you are in the table

Unknown Poster
25th June '09, 03:23 PM
i always thought diaby was gash, but did actually see denilson becoming a class act.

based on what i've seen in the past 2 years, neither are good enough for where you are in the table

diaby has good dribbling just cant pass

Nine Bar
25th June '09, 03:24 PM
Diaby is a badman

Denilson is shit

Nine Bar
25th June '09, 03:24 PM
diaby has good dribbling just cant pass

Beg you dont talk silly about football when Im around

Tony Starks
25th June '09, 03:25 PM
my patience has run out with diaby tbh
not saying he cant be in the squad but hes not the answer to our midfield problems

Unknown Poster
25th June '09, 03:27 PM

?

Nine Bar
25th June '09, 03:27 PM
my patience has run out with diaby tbh
not saying he cant be in the squad but hes not the answer to our midfield problems

Whats his strongest position?

Ive seen him play left wing, centre mid, in the hole, off the striker and holding role?

His touch is brilliant, strong, can dun players and scores goals.

Nine Bar
25th June '09, 03:28 PM
?

You blind?

Easyone!
25th June '09, 03:28 PM
Diaby's alright got no left foot though, once on Match of the Day they analysed him and in the match he took 99 touches and only one was with his left foot. Every now and then he's doing it but next match he's shite.

Diaby, Denilson and that Song guy too are not good enough midfielders for a team of Arsenal's standards

daspecimen
25th June '09, 03:29 PM
denilson hasn't progressed anywhere near enough bearing in mind he was 18 when we got him and he began to come through. when he was 18 I thought he'd go on to be world class but now i have no doubt he'll be just another good player.

diaby shows flashes of brilliance but whats his position? is isn't fit enough, tactically aware or determined enough to play DM, he isn't creative enough or technical enough to play as a box to box, or forward going CM player and he's not ever going to be a winger, regardless of how many times he plays there.

he can dribble alright but tends to get a bit too cocky and loses the ball a lot and a LOT of his passes go astray for no apparant reason.

Unknown Poster
25th June '09, 03:29 PM
Whats his strongest position?

Ive seen him play left wing, centre mid, in the hole, off the striker and holding role?

His touch is brilliant, strong, can dun players and scores goals.

3 golas in 24 matches not exactly a great goalscoring record is it?

Unknown Poster
25th June '09, 03:32 PM
You blind?
what he isnt bad at passing but for someone whos only other good attribute is dribbling his passing isnt too good

Diaby's alright got no left foot though, once on Match of the Day they analysed him and in the match he took 99 touches and only one was with his left foot. Every now and then he's doing it but next match he's shite.

Diaby, Denilson and that Song guy too are not good enough midfielders for a team of Arsenal's standardssong did well at the back end of the season

diaby and denilson are decent squad players atm i would like denislon 2 get abit tougher and maybe aggresive

Nine Bar
25th June '09, 03:33 PM
3 golas in 24 matches not exactly a great goalscoring record is it?

Nah but neither is Denilson's, Song and all the rest of them shit midfielders.

But he CAN score goals, sure it was more than 3 aswell?

Unknown Poster
25th June '09, 03:35 PM
Nah but neither is Denilson's, Song and all the rest of them shit midfielders.

But he CAN score goals, sure it was more than 3 aswell?

just checked arsenal.com and he got 3 lague goals in 20 something games

as i said song played well at the ned of last season, if he can carry on like that he could become a good player for arsenal

Easyone!
25th June '09, 03:35 PM
Song he does a job, like he can play in that position to an alright standard he's not shit but he can't play to a Mashcerano/Essien/Fletcher standard, he int on the level of the other big 4 teams

daspecimen
25th June '09, 03:38 PM
i've been saying for at least 18 months I think Song could do well at the club. Certainly at the beginning of the season I was saying it because he's the only person in the centre who can and does win the ball.

All he needs to do is win the ball and give it. There are an abundance of creative players and goal scorers, we just need Song (or whoever) to win the ball and release it to the people who can play. I don't care that he can't dribble or shoot myself. Thats not his role.

Unknown Poster
25th June '09, 03:40 PM
i've been saying for at least 18 months I think Song could do well at the club. Certainly at the beginning of the season I was saying it because he's the only person in the centre who can and does win the ball.

All he needs to do is win the ball and give it. There are an abundance of creative players and goal scorers, we just need Song (or whoever) to win the ball and release it to the people who can play. I don't care that he can't dribble or shoot myself. Thats not his role.

i do expect him to be replaced by matuidi which i think would be going back to square 1

Eagle
25th June '09, 03:41 PM
Diaby, Denilson and that Song guy too are not good enough midfielders for a team of Arsenal's standards

been saying this for the past 6 months. they arent good enough to start

Eagle
25th June '09, 03:41 PM

ha ha

repped

daspecimen
25th June '09, 03:42 PM
i do expect him to be replaced by matuidi which i think would be going back to square 1

i don't see that. if anyone it will be melo or hitzlsperger. like you said, matuidi is a step back from song was was immense when called upon

Easyone!
25th June '09, 03:43 PM
That Melo guy looked the business in the confederations cup, not seen him play at club level though

Eagle
25th June '09, 04:03 PM
That Melo guy looked the business in the confederations cup, not seen him play at club level though

fam, jay demerit looked like a don in the confederations cup.

Easyone!
25th June '09, 04:08 PM
Hahahahaaa true, that made me LOL in real life.

He did actually handle Torres yesterday though

Rhymes.
25th June '09, 04:42 PM
i rate Diaby for leaving out his holidays to get better fitness, and i also think that when he played in that AM role against fenerbahce, he merked. Dont think Melo will come, only if he actually wants to but it looks like he respects Fiorentina too much for that. Also, Van Persie cant play as a lone striker, i think it should be Van Persie and Eduardo strike partners, Persie is more of a assisting striker, and Eduardo will finish the chances off if he stays fit.

daspecimen
25th June '09, 04:57 PM
i rate Diaby for leaving out his holidays to get better fitness, and i also think that when he played in that AM role against fenerbahce, he merked. Dont think Melo will come, only if he actually wants to but it looks like he respects Fiorentina too much for that. Also, Van Persie cant play as a lone striker, i think it should be Van Persie and Eduardo strike partners, Persie is more of a assisting striker, and Eduardo will finish the chances off if he stays fit.

he was a bad man in that game and even finished with a left footer (who said he didn't have one?!) but he's SO hit and miss it's not funny.

Agreed, he gets props for cutting his holidya short but he needs to do something

Rhymes.
25th June '09, 05:33 PM
alie, i was thinkin wtf this guy should play just off ade, we beat them 5-2 at their ground. Song scored a volley lol. But true say hard work is the key to progress, i heard the other day on some spain match in the confederations cup that, David Villa broke his leg so badly they thought it would never walk again, and now look at him.