PDA

View Full Version : Aston Villa's Gareth Barry Eager For Arsenal Switch

Rhymes.
29th May '09, 12:27 PM
According to a report in the British tabloid The Daily Star, Aston Villa's Gareth Barry is keen to join Premier League rivals Arsenal during the close-season.

The England international was heavily linked with a move to Liverpool last summer and it was thought that he would finally complete a switch to Anfield this summer.

However, recent speculation has alleged that the Reds have cooled their interest in the midfielder as they are reluctant to meet his valuation, believed to be around £12 million.

It is claimed that Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur are both interested in acquiring the services of the 28-year-old.

However, neither club qualified for the Europa League this season and it is thought that the main reason Barry is hopeful of a move is to join a club playing Champions League football.

Therefore, a switch to the Gunners could well be on the cards, especially if the rumours that manager Arsene Wenger is ready to pay the £12m to land him are true.

Thoughts?

The Messiah
29th May '09, 12:35 PM
Bull.

Hij
29th May '09, 12:36 PM
Weird.

No quotes at all? lol

Findhiminthebackoftheflat
29th May '09, 12:39 PM
PLease sign veloso Please Sign Veloso Wenger

Eagle
29th May '09, 12:39 PM
i smell a fabricated story to sell a paper

1. rafa clearly still wants barry. the fact that lucas played 25 games last season shows that liverpool need him.

2. he's a spurs fan. whilst supporting a club doesnt mean much in tis modern era where money talks, I do think this factor would sway him to liverpool if they both went for him. FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT TOO BRIGHT / LIKE TO SPIN THINGS, I AM NOT FOR ONE SECOND SUGGESTING BARRY WILL MOVE TO SPURS.

3. a number of players from arsenal (arshavin, ashley cole and bentley to name but 3)have commented about the languages spoken in the arsenal dressing room. will barry be desperate for that switch.

4. wengers priority will surely be a ball winner to complement cesc. Barry likes to get forward and is not this "hard man who can pass" which wenger craves. I just dont see wenger spending a large proportion of his funds (if we are to believe what he has said re:funds) on a 28 year old english midfielder who may not fit in.

Keyser Söze
29th May '09, 12:41 PM
"According to a report in the British tabloid The Daily Star"

Says it all tbh.

Barry will stay for one more season and leave on a bosman next summer !

Eagle
29th May '09, 12:43 PM
"According to a report in the British tabloid The Daily Star"

Says it all tbh.

Barry will stay for one more season and leave on a bosman next summer !

i think barry has too much respect for villa to leave on a bosman. i also think post sol campbell, no one is stupid enough to let their best player run down their contract.

he'll either move this summer or he will re-sign (and then possibly move next summer)

Xtra P
29th May '09, 12:45 PM
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu15/XtraP7/652278-1.jpg

Rhymes.
29th May '09, 12:54 PM
id take him for 12 million straight doe
full england international aswell

Tony Starks
29th May '09, 01:12 PM
Weird.

No quotes at all? lol
Did u really expect better?

The Enigma
29th May '09, 01:17 PM
An English man at Arsenal?

That cant be right?

29th May '09, 01:19 PM
Id rather Barry went to Arsenal and we kept Alonso, than Alonso left and we bought Barry

Grimes
29th May '09, 01:28 PM
for real, it would be a good signing for arsenal, some experience and some substance

Findhiminthebackoftheflat
29th May '09, 01:31 PM
An English man at Arsenal?

That cant be right?

That was dumb

Booga
29th May '09, 01:35 PM
seems like Barry just wants to leave Villa

Jammie Dodger
29th May '09, 01:40 PM
This season we'll have,

Nasri, Fabregas, Rocisky & (Denilson, Diaby, Wilshere & Ramsey)

Unless one of the first three go this summer. We dont need him.

Grimbo
29th May '09, 01:41 PM
Shit on the villa. Shit on Gareth Barry.

Keyser Söze
29th May '09, 02:04 PM
i think barry has too much respect for villa to leave on a bosman. i also think post sol campbell, no one is stupid enough to let their best player run down their contract.

he'll either move this summer or he will re-sign (and then possibly move next summer)

Yeh i know what you're saying but hes been at Villa for over ten years. If he wants to give us one more season then move on ill be happy with that.

Its either sell him for 10mill and try and find another player that fits the bill or keep him for one more and see and if we can push thr top four again.

Nine Bar
29th May '09, 02:40 PM
Ok, he clearly 100% will not be moving to Spurs or Money City.
Does Rafa still want him that bad or is a winger/striker his main target?

We've gone for broke and offered him £80,000 a week knowing he'll play every game and will be certain to play for England, Liverpool wont play him every week, he knows that.

Arsenal will be good for him I think, very good. But that will only make the weak link stronger. Even if he did stay on another year with us, I think he knows to break the top 4 next season is gonna be a very slim chance, we will be fighting for UEFA and thats far from guaranteed with Us, Everton, Man City, Tottenham and maybe even Sunderland/west ham fighting it out for 2/3 places.

Hes served us brilliantly for over 12 years now, hes been our best player by a mile for a couple of seasons now, hes in his peak and deserves to be playing at the very top.

I for one will wish him well, and would put him in the Gerrard/Lampard catagory.