PDA

View Full Version : Joey Barton>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sir Kippington
5th May '09, 06:57 PM
Man is a sick head...

But truesay...man is telling the truth...

Newcastle United have suspended controversial midfielder Joey Barton until further notice.

Manager Alan Shearer criticised him publicly for his "stupidity" and a newspaper report on Tuesday claimed the pair had a furious bust-up after the game during which Barton is alleged to have called Shearer "a s*** manager with s*** tactics".

Shearer offered no defence of his player and promised to fine Barton, saying: "He deserved to be sent off, he has let himself and the club down.

"I thought he could do something different. But I didn't think he'd go on and get a red card. I'd asked him not to do that."

The 26-year-old would have missed the rest of the season anyway, having been hit with a three-match ban for his straight red card.

A brief statement from Newcastle offered no explanation for the suspension and said the club would make no further comment.

The match at Anfield was Barton's first for three months following a foot injury. Defeat leaves Newcastle deep in relegation trouble, three points from safety with three games remaining.

The former Manchester City player narrowly avoided being sacked in 2008 after he was sentenced to six months in jail for an assault in Liverpool city centre.

He was also found guilty of a training-ground assault on then-City team-mate Ousmane Dabo in 2007. He was handed a six-match ban, with a further six matches suspended, following the Dabo incident by the FA, who could now decide to impose the extra punishment.

Discuss.

Danny Trejo
5th May '09, 07:14 PM
It's beginning to feel like Barton's going to be one of the scapegoats for the debacle that is Newcastle. I was at the match and he was one of the few people on the pitch who were actually showing a bit of fight; Newcastle just capitulated after ten minutes.

Admittedly I can't excuse the tackle but everyone knows he's a thug anyway. The fact of it is that Newcastle deserve to go down just because the scale of fuck-ups they've made- 10 managers in 5 years, sacking the only manager who ever did well at the club in Bobby Robson the season after he got them to 3rd, signing injury prone dickheads like Viduka on 80k a week... fuck Newcastle.

I don't mind Shearer too much although he is a bit simple. It's obvious that he's the figurehead to appease the Geordies and Dowie's managing the club though.

Ryddel
5th May '09, 07:14 PM
Lmao I hope they get relegated then again I hope Wilson Palacios breaks Barton's leg.

Curphey
5th May '09, 07:16 PM
I think the referree would have given it more thought if it hadn't have been Barton, in a strange way I felt sorry for him, but I suppose he got himself a bad rep it's his own fault.

Mr Nasri
5th May '09, 07:24 PM
I think the referree would have given it more thought if it hadn't have been Barton, in a strange way I felt sorry for him, but I suppose he got himself a bad rep it's his own fault.

Extremely True.

His Career Will Be only Downhill as if it isnt already playing for Newcastle

Hij
5th May '09, 07:28 PM
It was a red card challenge.

Slackk speaks a lot of truth.

Sir Kippington
5th May '09, 07:31 PM

http://newcastle.theoffside.com/files/2007/11/bartontackle.jpg

http://www.igol.pl/images/articles/dabopostarciuzbartonem.jpg

I know iknow....

Him mooning everton fans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/dec2008/4/3/83219158-959E-170F-16ED0856CE8D7C7A.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20090505/25/e66c5b7c4a767b4bec2d7efae023bef3.jpg

That trim desrves a red card still.
No hype.

Rhymes.
5th May '09, 07:46 PM
lol
low lookin at mans trim is a game bruv
still, how many second chances he had. low dat bruv if he went prison or whatever, makes the club look like its struggling :|

Gurney
5th May '09, 08:59 PM
i hate the way newcastle compare themself to barcelona, like they are from an autonomous region.

barton is just a vicious geezer, on and off the field

Grimes
5th May '09, 09:12 PM
like gabriel marcotti said every guy that barton ever fucked up shoud come back and beat barton to a pulp

Sinko
5th May '09, 09:27 PM
i hate the way newcastle compare themself to barcelona, like they are from an autonomous region.

what are you on about you fucking spastic? smh

in what way have we ever compared ourselves with Barcelona? you've literally just made that up

if any club buys into that autonomous bullshit it's liverpool, they're always shrieking on about that "we're not english we're scouse" bollocks.

Gurney
5th May '09, 09:29 PM
What's the difference between Alan Shearer and newcastle United?
Shearer will still be on Match of the Day next season.

Lew1s
5th May '09, 11:52 PM
Barton has needed a beat down for a while tbh, man will get his come-uppance n/h when he goes to prison, or when a hardcore liverpool fan catches him slipping on road lol

The Enigma
6th May '09, 01:56 AM
Hes a cunt tbh. Wouldnt want him in my team.

Nxt Lvl
6th May '09, 06:41 AM
it would make my year if he came and played for portsmouth next season. hes a good player and probably be leaving for a really low transfer fee.

quality
6th May '09, 10:40 AM
It's true about the tactics. I don't think the players knew whether they were playing 3-5-2, 3-6-1, 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 when they played us.

I think he's trying to scapegoat Barton and Owen with the blame tbh.

Jay05
6th May '09, 11:09 AM
Newcastle are an example of when a club shouldnt listen to their fans

Grimes
6th May '09, 11:25 AM
Newcastle are an example of when a club shouldnt listen to their fans

this.

but in reality it went all wrong when they hired souness

Famous?
6th May '09, 11:54 AM
this.

but in reality it went all wrong when they hired souness

THIS. I fucking hate Barton, how many second chances do you want? When on form he's a good player but he causes trouble, tbh if we go down i'd still keep him, them challenges would only get a yellow in the lower leagues.

Bish
6th May '09, 11:56 AM
the guy is a fucking thug, should be banned from football really

Ryddel
6th May '09, 12:14 PM
I still think Ben Thatcher is a cunt for that take down of Pedro Mendes

Eagle
6th May '09, 12:18 PM
barton is a cunt

but nocastle are using him as a scape goat. they hope that the team will step up it's performances now they have essentially blamed bartons poor attitude and behavoiur for their joke league position

funniest thing is that Barton will be in the premier league next year. Barcodes will not.

Famous?
6th May '09, 12:42 PM
barton is a cunt

but nocastle are using him as a scape goat. they hope that the team will step up it's performances now they have essentially blamed bartons poor attitude and behavoiur for their joke league position

funniest thing is that Barton will be in the premier league next year. Barcodes will not.

where have we said that?