PDA

View Full Version : Denilson

Tony Starks
19th April '09, 04:42 PM
My brother is STILL claiming denilson is good :angry:

i'll show him this thread tonight, i need you all to find me concrete stats, facts and opinions as to why hes so shit!!! the question is what does denilson offer to arsenal?

he claims he gives us good passing and ball retention etc :rolleyes:

Alfie
19th April '09, 05:23 PM
I'm not a fan of his but calling him shit is harsh

Stats wise he is good and Wenger loves stats.
He's a good player but the tactics that wenger chooses fucks him over

Xtra P
19th April '09, 05:25 PM
Stats mean fuck all, all you have to do is watch him play FFS

Alfie
19th April '09, 05:26 PM
Stats mean fuck all, all you have to do is watch him play FFS

To us they mean fuck all. To Wenger they mean a lot

Xtra P
19th April '09, 05:29 PM
To us they mean fuck all. To Wenger they mean a lot

Well Wenger needs to wake the fuck up 'cause aslong as we keep playin this imposter we will win fuck all

Hij
19th April '09, 05:33 PM
Eboue and now Denilson.

Xtra P
19th April '09, 05:34 PM
Eboue and now Denilson.

So you don't agree that these players ain't good enough?

seen

JACK
19th April '09, 05:37 PM
the good passing is hardly further than 5yds and usually sideways/back

dont worry brother of (And Its) T!!!!, ive been at that stage for a long while too, but trust its the realness thats now being preached, open your mind and copy the avatar message.

Alfie
19th April '09, 06:01 PM
Lets not forget Denilson has had some great games

Xtra P
19th April '09, 06:05 PM
Lets not forget Denilson has had some great games

Name them.

He's had some alright performances but no exceptional games.

His shit games outweigh his decent games & thats not good enough, if we plan on winning anything anytime soon we need to offload these kind of players otherwise we will forever be scrapping for 4th place & winning nothing.

Tony Starks
19th April '09, 06:34 PM
Name them.
!!

Alfie
19th April '09, 06:53 PM
Man City
Blackburn
Roma
Liverpool

Off the top of my head

Jay05
19th April '09, 07:02 PM
Denilson wouldnt get a game at the other big 4 clubs

Arguably he would struggle to get in the spurs team

nortside
19th April '09, 07:02 PM
what's good about denilson???

pace average,
passing average,
strength weak,
positional sense weak,

The Messiah
19th April '09, 07:59 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11662_2705370,00.html - Scroll down to % pass completion

Lets compare Denilson with Lampard, Alonso, Mikel and Murphy shall we?

Lampard and Alonso are in that ball park but actually contribute something else to their respective teams. Whether it's talismanic performances by Lampard, or both ambitious and sucessful ball distribution by Alonso, it is much more than Denilson offers. This is my opinion but lets see what the stats show:

Accoring to Opta stats, Lampard has made the most "key passes" out of that five and has 8 assists as well an a few goals to his name. Denilson has 7 assists (according to Yahoo stats) (http://uk.premiership.fantasysports.yahoo.com/football/players/28440) and has had 13 shots on target all season. Lampard has had 54 shots on target (http://uk.premiership.fantasysports.yahoo.com/football/players/2051).

Using the same Yahoo stats (powered by Sportingstatz (http://www.sportingstatz.com/) a subsidiary of Opta), Denilson has had 123 passes intercepted whilst Lampard has had 30, Alonso has had 38 (http://uk.premiership.fantasysports.yahoo.com/football/players/3508) interceptions. Bearing in mind that Denilson has the higher % pass completion this suggests that Lampard and Alonso are perhaps more bold in the passes he makes, and their inferior completion is due to the ball running out of play rather than interceptions. Denilson has committed 54 fouls. Lampard, 25, Alonso 30. Lampard and Alonso have match winining goals, Denilson has none. Even Danny Murphy has 2 match winning goals. Lamps and Alonso have more succesful crosses, have won more corners. The only thing Denilson beats them on is winning more fouls. Whoop-de-fucking-do!

Looking at the sky sports page, Mikel has a higher % completion despite only appearing in 19 league games in comparion to Denilsons 31 games and Danny Murphy is also in the top 5 tacklers with an 80% completion rate of tackles showing that he also contributes something more than just passing completion.

In conclusion, Denilson (arguably) contributes nothing. His few goals are not match winning goals unlike Xabi Alonso. The key thing is the fact that so many of his non-completed passes are intercepted in comparison to the other top passers. That's the take home message for those who think Denilson is good at passing...

Alfie
19th April '09, 08:01 PM
IMO passes shouldn't be counted unless they're either:

1) More than 5 yards
2) Within 5 passes of a goal being scored

quality
19th April '09, 08:12 PM
All the press I've read today says Wenger was bold with his selection, it was a good idea etc. What are the journos smoking?

The Don
19th April '09, 08:15 PM
All the press I've read today says Wenger was bold with his selection, it was a good idea etc. What are the journos smoking?

swear? lol.

must be journalist talk for "stupid".

quality
19th April '09, 08:17 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/2009/04/the-two-premier-leagues-wenger-remains-the-smartest-guy-in-the-room-the-problem-with-modern-football-fans/

Every article there says Wenger did well, they only lost because of Drogba etc.

'nuum general
19th April '09, 08:34 PM
i'd swap him for kevin kilbane

Mister Lacey
19th April '09, 09:11 PM
lol at saying we lost because Drogba was too good.
SMFH.

Drogba is sick but that's not why we lost.

Jay05
19th April '09, 10:01 PM
swear? lol.

must be journalist talk for "stupid".

They like Wenger, its harder to criticise someone who you are closer too.

quality
19th April '09, 10:12 PM
lol at saying we lost because Drogba was too good.
SMFH.

Drogba is sick but that's not why we lost.

I think the press is realising they can't do another u-turn on Wenger, so now they have to support his youth policy.

Findhiminthebackoftheflat
19th April '09, 11:51 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/2009/04/the-two-premier-leagues-wenger-remains-the-smartest-guy-in-the-room-the-problem-with-modern-football-fans/

Every article there says Wenger did well, they only lost because of Drogba etc.

all im saying is Drogba aint Henry, But R Second Defender Can never Deal with Him its a joke 2bh.

When we play them we never have r best CB's there

Genetically Genuine
20th April '09, 12:24 AM
all im saying is Drogba aint Henry, But R Second Defender Can never Deal with Him its a joke 2bh.

we had toure and gallas playing last season at the bridge and he still merked us off.... thank god senderos wasn't playing watching him against drogba was as painful as getting your finger stuck inbetween the door

The Messiah
20th April '09, 12:26 AM

Our best CBs wouldn't be able to deal with him. That's the problem.

Genetically Genuine
20th April '09, 12:30 AM
when will wenger learn toure and gallas are too similar smh

daspecimen
20th April '09, 09:36 AM
i don't think he's a bad player. what i will say though is his development has been WAY too slow for my liking. He came to us at 18 and in his first season he looked like someone that in 3/5 years would be a world beater...... well that time is upon us and he's not showing me this any more.

i hope he comes good though as I do think he has the potential to be a big player for us if he works on any one area of his game. He fills me with more confidence than Diaby does, I'll say that much!

Famous?
20th April '09, 09:32 PM
U can't compare denilson and lampard, there two different types of player imo. U can compare him with Alonso though, and Alonso is one of the best in the world at his position, i don't know why they were gonna replace him with barry lol. As far as murphy and mikel I'd say murphy is hard to compare cos he is a premier league vet, Denilson still young and tbh I rate Mikel on a par with Denilson. Interestingly, in the fantasy football league me and my mates do, Denilson has the 2nd highest amount of points for a defensive mid (just behind Barry), his stats come up as:

31 Appearences
3 Goals
7 Assists
13 Shots on Target
9 Accurate Crosses
84 Won Tackles
3 Blocked Shots
124 Interceptions
19 Clearences
2 Yellow Cards

Eagle
20th April '09, 09:38 PM
Denilson wouldnt get a game at the other big 4 clubs

Arguably he would struggle to get in the spurs team

diaby, denilson and song would get nowhere near the spurs first team SQUAD. there i said it. Jenas, Palacios, Huddlestone and Zokora are all better than them. not sure about o'hara, but at least he always gives 100%

would love to have fabregas or nasri though

Eagle
20th April '09, 09:40 PM
when will wenger learn toure and gallas are too similar smh

toure and gallas have not won enough headers this season. this is one of your main problems (as well as failing to replace flamini)

The Messiah
20th April '09, 09:47 PM
U can't compare denilson and lampard, there two different types of player imo. U can compare him with Alonso though, and Alonso is one of the best in the world at his position, i don't know why they were gonna replace him with barry lol. As far as murphy and mikel I'd say murphy is hard to compare cos he is a premier league vet, Denilson still young and tbh I rate Mikel on a par with Denilson. Interestingly, in the fantasy football league me and my mates do, Denilson has the 2nd highest amount of points for a defensive mid (just behind Barry), his stats come up as:

31 Appearences
3 Goals
7 Assists
13 Shots on Target
9 Accurate Crosses
84 Won Tackles
3 Blocked Shots
124 Interceptions
19 Clearences
2 Yellow Cards

Fair enough about Lamps. Highlights the gulf in class Denilson needs to close imo. Denilson isn't amongst the worst on Yahoo. I haven't checked Premierleague.com.

Like I said, a lot of intercepted passes.

NaiJaBoY
20th April '09, 10:39 PM
Play this guy
http://www.zshare.net/video/5875765724f0119f/

He is bold and confident, gets the ball out of his feet quick and passes it FORWARD!!!!!