PDA

View Full Version : PFA Award Farce

Sir Kippington
15th April '09, 01:49 PM
Edwin van der Sar, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs and last year's winner Cristiano Ronaldo (pictured, right, with Giggs) are in the hunt for the prize, with Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard representing the rest of the Premier League.

United also provide two of the candidates for the PFA Young Player of the Year honour in Jonny Evans and Rafael da Silva, with Aston Villa duo Gabriel Agbonlahor and Ashley Young, Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland and Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon the competition.

Dutch veteran Van der Sar is looking to become the first goalkeeper in over 30 years to win the award after setting a record for minutes without conceding a league goal earlier this season.

He has been ably protected by central defensive duo Ferdinand and Vidic, with the Serbian powerhouse tipped by many to take the prize.

However, the evergreen Giggs has been mooted as a possible sentimental vote, with the Welshman yet to add the senior award to the two Young Player of the Year accolades he collected in the early 1990s.

Portuguese ace Ronaldo may not have hit the heights of last season, but he is still the joint-top scorer in the Premier League and is chasing a hat-trick of Player of the Year awards.

Out to prevent a clean sweep of the top three spots is Gerrard, who won the award in 2006 and has been inspirational in Liverpool's push for a first title in 19 years.

In the Young Player category, Evans and Rafael are aiming to become the fourth United player to win the award in the past five years.

Evans has been more than an able understudy to Ferdinand and Vidic in the centre of defence this season, while swashbuckling full-back Rafael has also caught the eye.

Villa's push for a UEFA Champions League spot has been rewarded with Agbonlahor and Young looking to follow in the footsteps of Andy Gray and Gary Shaw, who won this award in 1977 and 1981 respectively.

Ireland has impressed in the centre of midfield for City this season and he is aiming to become only the second player from the club to win the award after Peter Barnes' success back in 1976.

Spurs have also supplied the winner of the Young Player of the Year only once, when Glenn Hoddle won in 1980, and England winger Lennon is in the running after a sparkling campaign at White Hart Lane.

Some dickhead ting.

Giggs- top pro but 11 starts and 1 goal.
Dont take the piss.

Van der Sar fair enough he set records and that..but allow having both Man U CBs up for the award as well.
Taking the piss.

before it seen as an Anti United rant, carrick and tevez deserves it more than some of the above..

Van Persie
Danny murphy
Xabi Alonso
Fernando Torres, who has scored 11 goals in 15 Premier League starts?
Phil Jagielka
Brede Hangeland...

They call them the red devils for a reason.

Allow getting brushed on the biggest game of the season then being player of the year
KMT

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/3/16/1237207805334/nemanja-vidic-002.jpg

http://soccerzlife.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/image-5-for-manchester-united-v-liverpool-gallery-969550599.jpg

http://img.skysports.com/09/03/800x600/Steven-Gerrard-Nemanja-Vidic-Manchester-Unite_2003488.jpg

The Messiah
15th April '09, 01:52 PM
Everyone is moaning about it this year - I agree though.

Ferguson has conceded that the voting for this should be later than January/February.

Eric Cantona
15th April '09, 02:41 PM
lmao, FA make us look bad i swear

'nuum general
15th April '09, 03:19 PM
no Michael Turner smh

Quality Control
15th April '09, 03:21 PM
gerrard'll win it anyway

Eric Cantona
15th April '09, 03:27 PM
gerrard'll win it anyway

I agree

The Enigma
15th April '09, 03:27 PM
Van der Sar could be in with a chance.

After his clean sheet record.

But Gerrard will prob win it.

Genetically Genuine
15th April '09, 03:32 PM
I don't understand how van der sar gets ratings... he is so lucky he is plays behind rio and vidic because he hardly has to make any saves of note (apart from lately and look at their defensive record)... he is error prone as well (liverpool vs man utd at anfield this season).... hes good a solid keeper but nothing special compared to him back in the day

The Messiah
15th April '09, 03:46 PM
I don't understand how van der sar gets ratings... he is so lucky he is plays behind rio and vidic because he hardly has to make any saves of note (apart from lately and look at their defensive record)... he is error prone as well (liverpool vs man utd at anfield this season).... hes good a solid keeper but nothing special compared to him back in the day

Part of is is the fact that he's been playing for top teams for a very long time now. He won the CL with Barca if I remember correctly. Obviously having a decent defence in front of you helps but Cech doesn't look as imperious now with Chelsea being a bit leaky of late. You'd still rate him though.

Clean sheets are clean sheets. Gotta give credit where it's due.

Tempz_NBT
15th April '09, 04:24 PM
van der sar all the way

quality
15th April '09, 04:30 PM
Part of is is the fact that he's been playing for top teams for a very long time now. He won the CL with Barca if I remember correctly. Obviously having a decent defence in front of you helps but Cech doesn't look as imperious now with Chelsea being a bit leaky of late. You'd still rate him though.

Clean sheets are clean sheets. Gotta give credit where it's due.

He played for Ajax, Juve and Fulham.

And Cech was embarrassing last night, everyone knows he hasn't been the same since Hunt riverdanced on his head.

Tony Starks
15th April '09, 04:35 PM
He played for Ajax, Juve and Fulham.

And Cech was embarrassing last night, everyone knows he hasn't been the same since Hunt riverdanced on his head.
Was just sayin this aswell

Tony Starks
15th April '09, 04:36 PM
Rafael is a good player but surely hasn't had enuff starts to be considered?

Pristine Condition
15th April '09, 04:40 PM
I did "smh" when I saw who were up.

Curphey
15th April '09, 04:44 PM
Reina>>Van Der Sar
Alonso>>Giggs
Torres>>Ronaldo(This year)

The press are extremely Pro-United and there influence, influenced the players votes.

As the thread title says, it's a farce.

DTI
15th April '09, 04:45 PM
Giggs? He's Barely started!

Where are people like Torres, Anelka, Lescott to name a few

quality
15th April '09, 04:47 PM
Reina>>Van Der Sar
Alonso>>Giggs

The press are extremely Pro-United and there influence, influenced the players votes.

I'd agree with those except the last one. You can't really try it with the leagues top goalscorer.

The Messiah
15th April '09, 04:49 PM
Reina>>Van Der Sar
Alonso>>Giggs

Torres was injured for most of October and November. Ronaldo is top goalscorer. End of really.
Alonso should be there.
And as for the goalkeepers, if any goalkeeper deserves to be there other than VDS for his clean sheets it's Mark Schwarzer of Fulham imo.

Sir Kippington
15th April '09, 04:50 PM
van der sar all the way

SMH at a keeper being named player of the year.
Especially when Reina has make more saves and has 1 less clean sheet.

Grimes
15th April '09, 04:53 PM
its air, like say ryan giggs would make isn't more than just a utility player.

like rio ferninand ain't anything this season.

van de sar should not be put up there and neither should rafael.

kossa
15th April '09, 04:55 PM
everyone is complaining about man utd dominating the shortlist but their fellow premier league players voted for them

Sir Kippington
15th April '09, 04:56 PM
1 Manchester United 31 22 5 4 54 21 33 71 12
2 Liverpool 32 20 10 2 59 21 38 70 15
3 Chelsea 32 20 7 5 55 20 35 67 15
4 Arsenal 32 17 10 5 54 28 26 61 16

Aint like their defensive record is much better than anyone elses.

Grimes
15th April '09, 04:58 PM
everyone is complaining about man utd dominating the shortlist but their fellow premier league players voted for them

lies

Curphey
15th April '09, 04:58 PM
Was this vote done before United started loosing?

(Before the Inter game)

If so it is perhaps a bit more understandable.

Sir Kippington
15th April '09, 04:59 PM

Fuck the fellow ballers and sports writers..
we want a fans vote

quality
15th April '09, 05:00 PM

(Before the Inter game)

Think they voted in January?

kossa
15th April '09, 05:00 PM
its air, like say ryan giggs would make isn't more than just a utility player.

like rio ferninand ain't anything this season.

van de sar should not be put up there and neither should rafael.

rafael should be on the shortlist this is his first season and he has being quality

Eric Cantona
15th April '09, 05:01 PM
Rafael & VDS are deserving to be there, stop hating

Curphey
we want a fans vote

They do do a Fans Player Of The Year at some point.

quality
rafael should be on the shortlist this is his first season and he has being quality

Never that.

The Messiah

(Before the Inter game)

Yeah it was done back in January/February times. Which is the issue. People are saying they should wait till now to vote instead.

kossa
15th April '09, 05:02 PM
we want a fans vote

and it would be even more biased

quality
15th April '09, 05:02 PM
Why don't they just do it at the end of the season? That would make much more sense.

Curphey
15th April '09, 05:03 PM
Off topic, Big-Up Paul 'O Grady on the Liverpool flag in his studio in memory of the Hilsborough disaster.

N/h at watching Paul o Grady, was on after DOND.

Curphey
15th April '09, 05:03 PM
Why don't they just do it at the end of the season? That would make much more sense.

The Messiah
15th April '09, 05:05 PM
and it would be even more biased

Nah. Decent fans can appreciate when other players have been good. Young, Agbonlahor, etc. would all got votes from me. As well as Alonso, Schwarzer and Anelka

Ryddel
15th April '09, 05:07 PM
Lol not like the end of the season is important :dozey: it's so fuckin dumb doing it in January/Feb

kossa
15th April '09, 05:07 PM
Never that.

tell me how many 18 yr olds come to the prem and fit in like he has

Eric Cantona
15th April '09, 05:08 PM
It's bullshit, if these were decided in Jan Lennon wouldn't be there, he's been terrible this season bar the last 2 months or so

kossa
15th April '09, 05:09 PM
Nah. Decent fans can appreciate when other players have been good. Young, Agbonlahor, etc. would all got votes from me. As well as Alonso, Schwarzer and Anelka

yes but the rest would be biased

The Messiah
15th April '09, 05:13 PM
They do do a Fans Player Of The Year at some point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PFA_Fans%27_Player_of_the_Year

It's bullshit, if these were decided in Jan Lennon wouldn't be there, he's been terrible this season bar the last 2 months or so

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/5157276/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-backs-Nemanja-Vidic-as-Player-of-the-Year.html

January and February.

quality
15th April '09, 05:16 PM
Not really bias, as we've been shit this year, but Lennon has been doing it all season. That's the main reason Bentley hasn't settled, as he's been forced into other positions. Just because the press have got behind him the last month or two doesn't mean he was shit before.

The Messiah
15th April '09, 05:17 PM
yes but the rest would be biased

State your supported team and disallow votes for players of your own team. If they've been that good, everyone else will vote for them.

If the grand prize is a season ticket at the club you support, very few people would lie about their supported club.

Jay05
15th April '09, 05:28 PM
The fact there is 3 defensive players for United gives Gerrard a great shot at winning the award.

Any1 else confused why they have to have the vote so early in the season?

Equilibrium
15th April '09, 06:09 PM
it makes no sense that the votes are that early, it has no relevance now - the award is obviously just for show and doesnt mean anything to the players or the fa

The Messiah
15th April '09, 06:24 PM
it makes no sense that the votes are that early, it has no relevance now - the award is obviously just for show and doesnt mean anything to the players or the fa

Doesn't mean much to the players? :laugh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/1303164.stm

"It's a great list of previous winners and it's one of those things you will look back on in years to come.

"It's the biggest personal award you can get in the game and it's something that you really cherish."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4478329.stm

"It is unbelievable and the ultimate accolade to be voted for by your fellow professionals whom you play against week-in and week-out,"

"You just go out there and try to give it your best, and for them to show their appreciation and vote for me is fantastic.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/2978177.stm

"This means a lot to me because the other players have voted for me.

"They all know better than anyone else because they play against me and they must have noticed something, so I'm happy they have noticed something.

"It's never easy when you come from another country to get people to like you but, at the end of the day, the most important thing is football, no matter which country you are from.

"We are all trying to play the same and to do well on the pitch, so nationality doesn't really matter."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1912287.stm

"This is the proudest moment so far in my career. I have been voted by the players of the Premier League and that is the best league in Europe at the moment."

It's the award within England all players want to win. Nothing beats being rated by your peers

Hij
15th April '09, 06:25 PM
For the players its great, for the fans it's not quite so great really. Rather some silverware than be told that Gerrard was the best player this season IMO.

Equilibrium
15th April '09, 08:20 PM
Doesn't mean much to the players? :laugh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/1303164.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4478329.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/2978177.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1912287.stm

It's the award within England all players want to win. Nothing beats being rated by your peers

lol but surely they would say something about the obvious flaws in the nomination process. they should change the name to the pfa player of the first half of the season tbh.

JACK
26th April '09, 11:02 PM
turns out Giggs won it loooooooool. about farce with the nominations.

someones taking the right piss, sad shit

kossa
26th April '09, 11:07 PM
whats sad about giggs winning it

JACK
26th April '09, 11:10 PM
whats sad about giggs winning it

about 10 performances this season maybe? dont even know if he scored at all, assists couldnt have been outstanding either so?

if the award held any importance (dont know if it does), i'd feel kinda ashamed if i was a United fan tbh

kossa
26th April '09, 11:18 PM
about 10 performances this season maybe? dont even know if he scored at all, assists couldnt have been outstanding either so?

if the award held any importance (dont know if it does), i'd feel kinda ashamed if i was a United fan tbh

well the most of the premiership players must have voted for him so it cant be biased and he has started 12 games and come on as sub in 12 as well he scored winner against west ham and bossed chelsea when he played in the centre

26th April '09, 11:36 PM
well the most of the premiership players must have voted for him so it cant be biased and he has started 12 games and come on as sub in 12 as well he scored winner against west ham and bossed chelsea when he played in the centre

Theres no way he was voted it by Premiership players

26th April '09, 11:37 PM
I dont think I can name a player in our first team that doesnt deserve it more than Giggs.

kossa
26th April '09, 11:38 PM
Theres no way he was voted it by Premiership players

well who votes

The Messiah
26th April '09, 11:46 PM
I dont think I can name a player in our first team that doesnt deserve it more than Giggs.

I think his winning votes were partly based on the fact that he's coming towards the end of his career and he's played well consistently over that time.

Hij
26th April '09, 11:47 PM
Yeah lets give it to Giggs.

How many games has he played?

26th April '09, 11:47 PM
well who votes

The Man Utd arse licking FA

Fuck off would the majority of premier league players vote for him as the best player in the league all season lol

Hij
26th April '09, 11:48 PM
I could handle Van Der Sar.

Giggs would make a mockery of every Premiership Footballers IQ. Just coz he's 36 doesn't mean he was the Players PLAYER of the year. What a joke.

26th April '09, 11:48 PM
I think his winning votes were partly based on the fact that he's coming towards the end of his career and he's played well consistently over that time.

Well give him the lifetime achievement award instead then

Hij
26th April '09, 11:49 PM
It's like me voting on the best MC of 09.

Scratchy, Frisco and D Double E are up, but I vote Scratchy coz hes a legend, a good ex pro and scored 1 goal this season.

Hij
26th April '09, 11:49 PM
We all know if Giggs wins it, it will be a mockery of the award.

Should give it Kenny Dalglish, was never knighted, yet he deserves the title Sir much more than Sir Alex.

26th April '09, 11:50 PM
Ronaldo was a good player back in day, why not give him world footballer of the year

Hij
26th April '09, 11:51 PM
Get me, its actually hilarious.

kossa
26th April '09, 11:54 PM
bare hate

at end of the day his fellow professionals voted for him it dont matter how many games you play it what you do in them

JACK
26th April '09, 11:56 PM
gloryhunterism brainwashed man to the core

Hij
27th April '09, 12:00 AM
bare hate

at end of the day his fellow professionals voted for him it dont matter how many games you play it what you do in them
Not hate, hes a class player, and not as much of a dick as others.

yeah, they voted for him, great.

its meant to be for the player of the year, Gerrard has clearly been more effective than him for starters.

Eric Cantona
27th April '09, 12:06 AM
calm down calm down, its a little shitty award does it really matter

kossa
27th April '09, 12:09 AM
Not hate, hes a class player, and not as much of a dick as others.

yeah, they voted for him, great.

its meant to be for the player of the year, Gerrard has clearly been more effective than him for starters.

come on be serious 35yr old winger comes and slips into central midfield with ease and you and others say he aint entitled to win the award

The Messiah
27th April '09, 12:19 AM
[/B]

come on be serious 35yr old winger comes and slips into central midfield with ease and you and others say he aint entitled to win the award

He is entitled. But be honest with yourself, back in January, was he even in your top 3 performers in the league?

He wasn't mine, or most people's tbh.

Vidic should feel robbed.

kossa
27th April '09, 12:26 AM
He is entitled. But be honest with yourself, back in January, was he even in your top 3 performers in the league?

He wasn't mine, or most people's tbh.

Vidic should feel robbed.

i feel same vidic has being quality this season he played almost if not every game when we went on that run without conceding but out of the others on the shortlist i would have picked him

The Messiah
27th April '09, 12:33 AM
It's bait:

Manchester United midfielder Ryan Giggs has won the Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year award for the first time in his career.

The 35-year-old Welshman beat team-mates Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, Cristiano Ronaldo and Edwin van der Sar as well as Liverpool's Steven Gerrard.

Despite winning a host of honours, including 10 Premier League titles, the PFA award had eluded Giggs until now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8019726.stm

Even more bait with this:

He has only started 12 league games this season but has been a regular in the squad for all competitions and if he lines up against Arsenal in their Champions League semi-final first-leg on Wednesday, it will be his 800th club appearance.

Hij
27th April '09, 12:56 AM
[/B]

lmfao

Give him a fucking medal.

Hij
27th April '09, 12:56 AM
calm down calm down, its a little shitty award does it really matter
Not really, makes a mockery of the award though

Hij
27th April '09, 12:57 AM
Torres has 13 goals from 17 league starts and 4 appearances as a sub

Hij
27th April '09, 12:58 AM
Im off to put a sneaky bet on Stanley Mathews winning world player of the year for his performance v Bolton in 1953 .what a season hes had

Grimes
27th April '09, 01:01 AM
the prem is fucked up.

if it ain't fixed then its definitely corrupt.

i dn't care.

kossa
27th April '09, 01:07 AM
the prem is fucked up.

i dn't care.

wouldnt surprise me

Pristine Condition
27th April '09, 01:24 AM
Giggs won Player's Player of the year.

I don't see the hype.

The Messiah
27th April '09, 01:39 AM
Im off to put a sneaky bet on Stanley Mathews winning world player of the year for his performance v Bolton in 1953 .what a season hes had

Nat Lofthouse after his performance for Bolton vs. Man United in the 1958 FA Cup? It was shortly after Munich, and I would have thought you'd definitely be backing someone who kicked United when they were down.

I'm going for Charlie George myself. 1971. Outstanding.

Hij
27th April '09, 01:40 AM
Nat Lofthouse after his performance for Bolton vs. Man United in the 1958 FA Cup. It was shortly after Munich, and I would have thought you'd definitely be backing someone who kicked United when they were down.
Lofthouse you know.

Been to Burden Park (where my mums from) and they loved him there lol

Eric Cantona
27th April '09, 02:15 AM
Liverpool fan talking about the past? surely not

Hij
27th April '09, 02:18 AM
Liverpool fan talking about the past? surely not

Personally I think we should hand out player of the season to Kuyt. He works really hard for the team, has moved from Striker to Right Wing really well and scored 2 less goals than Giggs has started games this season.

Pretty current if you ask me.

Hij
27th April '09, 02:20 AM
Or maybe we should give the award to Gary Neville for playing a few games at right back this season, Sami Hyypia for slotting in when we had centre backs out or Alan Shearer for coming back into management- he was pretty good when he played football.

I heard Tugay's a nice model pro, played loads for Blackburn and never won it, how about him.

From time current awards are given out for sentiment, its a farce. From time all you can come up with to dispute this is "Liverpool fans in the past"- I know that you really can't back it. It's an absolute joke, fed by Ferguson's comments to the media and Sky Sports News 24 hour coverage of why Giggs should win it

Eric Cantona
27th April '09, 02:22 AM
Giggs 10-0 Gerrard

Eric Cantona
27th April '09, 02:24 AM
Giggs needs a special award, best player in Premiership history tbh

Hij
27th April '09, 02:25 AM
Giggs 10-0 Gerrard

Made me laugh, the fact that everyones talking about Giggs having the respect of everyone in the game, and it playing a part in him winning it and then you posting up something that he blatantly would never say himself in an attempt to justify him winning it this season.

Nice one, when losing an argument about this season, just point out that Giggs has won more Premier Leagues than Gerrard. Gerrard performed at a much better rate this season than Giggs did- as our manager would put it, "FACT".

Hij
27th April '09, 02:26 AM
Giggs needs a special award, best player in Premiership history tbh

Maybe a lifetime achievement award, he's been an excellent player. He was certainly not the best in the 2008/2009 season- and rather than dodge that, why don't you just admit it.

Eric Cantona
27th April '09, 02:31 AM
When did i say Giggs deserved it? Vidic should of won it imo, Giggs shouldn't of been on the list but hey, the players voted, overall i'm not that botherd who wins the award, it's a minor

Hij
27th April '09, 02:46 AM
10 nil giggs though yeah

Eric Cantona
27th April '09, 03:43 AM
10 nil giggs though yeah

11 soon

12 starts, 12 sub appearances, 8 assists & 1 goal ain't bad for a 35 year okd

Findhiminthebackoftheflat
27th April '09, 08:21 AM
What A fucking Joke

Tony Starks
27th April '09, 09:03 AM
11 soon

No one cares if it aint bad for a 35 year old...the point is it aint the 'best' for a premier league player, understand

Tony Starks
27th April '09, 09:04 AM
What A fucking Joke
Tbh I always knew giggs would win but hij was probly harbouring the hope gerrard would take it

The Messiah
27th April '09, 09:30 AM
tbh i always knew giggs would win but hij was probly harbouring the hope gerrard would take it

-.-- --- ..- / - .... --- ..- --. .... - / --. .. --. --. ... / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / .-- .. -. / .- .... . .- -.. / --- ..-. / ...- .. -.. .. -.-. ..--.. / .- .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / -... . .. -. --. / ... . .-. .. --- ..- ... ..--..

Eagle
27th April '09, 10:47 AM
giggs doesnt even deserve a "lifetime achievement" award. he's not even the best ever left winger in the premiership

anyway, i just went down to billy hills

put 10 on scholes to win in 2010
and 10 on gary neville to win in 2011

;)

quality
27th April '09, 11:16 AM
People are catching feelings. The players and teams they supported likely voted for Giggs. I'm sure players, despite how many games Giggs has played, know what they're voting for.

Xtra P
27th April '09, 12:07 PM
the prem is fucked up.

i dn't care.

Wherever you find large sums of money you usually find corruption

Eagle
27th April '09, 12:13 PM
Maybe a lifetime achievement award, he's been an excellent player. He was certainly not the best in the 2008/2009 season- and rather than dodge that, why don't you just admit it.

allow. he never reached the levels of pires. and most people on here know what i think about arseanal

27th April '09, 12:34 PM
allow. he never reached the levels of pires. and most people on here know what i think about arseanal

Pires was Special

d9IIVatm6rY

'nuum general
27th April '09, 12:39 PM
Windass or Barmby should have won it

kossa
27th April '09, 01:09 PM

you must not watch muchof football then

Eric Cantona
27th April '09, 01:51 PM

lmao

so lost

Sir Kippington
27th April '09, 01:51 PM
Yeah good player but apart from one hype goal against arsenal..

Nah fuck him anyway...
I hate every assoiciated with ManU.

Some Devil team.

Hij
27th April '09, 01:58 PM
Tbh I always knew giggs would win but hij was probly harbouring the hope gerrard would take it

Nah. If Van Der Sar or Vidic had taken it, then fair enough, but they haven't. It just goes to show that players are influenced by Sky Sports News and their bullshit mroe than anyone else.

People are catching feelings. The players and teams they supported likely voted for Giggs. I'm sure players, despite how many games Giggs has played, know what they're voting for.

Catching feelings. Lmao. I'm at a loss as to why the whole Premiership has voted for Giggs to be the "best" player of the season.

put 10 on scholes to win in 2010
and 10 on gary neville to win in 2011

;)

Guranteed money. Scholes scores a goal next season, it ain't bad for a ginger.

11 soon

Theres a difference between "Ain't bad" and "the best". Get my old man on the pitch with a lucky goal and we can give him player of the season at 66 years old coz his overhead strike "ain't bad for a 66 year old".

Hij
27th April '09, 01:58 PM
And I rate Giggs as one fo the best players ive ever seen play btw

Eagle
27th April '09, 02:06 PM
Yeah good player but apart from one hype goal against arsenal..

Nah fuck him anyway...
I hate every assoiciated with ManU.

Some Devil team.

goal against arsenal is excessively hyped

Eagle
27th April '09, 02:11 PM
lmao

so lost

seen, cos i could swear giggs' goals to games ratio is nowhere near as good as pires (1 in 5 compared to 1 in 3), and that pires was far more important to arseanal than giggs was to man u

kossa
27th April '09, 02:19 PM
goal against arsenal is excessively hyped

its not over hyped it was a quality goal

kossa
27th April '09, 02:22 PM
seen, cos i could swear giggs' goals to games ratio is nowhere near as good as pires (1 in 5 compared to 1 in 3), and that pires was far more important to arseanal than giggs was to man u

you cant know much about football if your saying this

Eagle
27th April '09, 02:51 PM
[/B]

you cant know much about football if your saying this

because obviously giggs was the guy that made the difference. it was nothing to do with keane being the best player in the world and schmichael being the best keeper in the league

did you actually ever watch united in the 90s or are you yet another glory hunting mug ?

Sir Kippington
27th April '09, 03:23 PM
SMH @ the fact he aint hit double figures since 2003.

As important as Gerrard my arse.

27th April '09, 03:29 PM
SMH @ the fact he aint hit double figures since 2003.

As important as Gerrard my arse.
init

kossa
27th April '09, 03:37 PM
because obviously giggs was the guy that made the difference. it was nothing to do with keane being the best player in the world and schmichael being the best keeper in the league

did you actually ever watch united in the 90s or are you yet another glory hunting mug ?

2 players dont make a team even though they were very important for us

back in the 90`s giggs to run rings round most premiership defenders

giggs>>>>>>>>>>>>>pires

27th April '09, 03:47 PM

giggs>>>>>>>>>>>>>pires

they r around the same age and pires done more in them seasons than giggs did and you know thats true

kossa
27th April '09, 03:58 PM
they r around the same age and pires done more in them seasons than giggs did and you know thats true

why is this true

Weed&Beer
27th April '09, 04:02 PM
lol it really has been a giggs season, jus a walk in da park

Eagle
27th April '09, 04:24 PM

this

pires was an absolute merker. was scoring in double figures and having assists in double figures

played on the left and scored 1 in 3.

Giggs never reached the levels pires reached from 02-05 times

Sir Kippington
27th April '09, 04:32 PM

giggs>>>>>>>>>>>>>pires

LOST.com

Dont follow media and skysports news hype.

Giggs was good, but Cantona, Beckham, Keane Smicheal (sp) Scholes, Even Yorke and Cole were more influential in their time imo.

SMH at having to school a UTD fan bout his own team.

Eric Cantona
27th April '09, 04:43 PM
lol at anyone comparing Pires career to Giggs, go home

Giggs is probably greatest ever Premiership player, bye

Grimes
27th April '09, 04:44 PM
lol it really has been a giggs season, jus a walk in da park

ahh funny

Eagle
27th April '09, 04:47 PM
lol at anyone comparing Pires career to Giggs, go home

Giggs is probably greatest ever Premiership player, bye

lol

put the pipe down fam-a-lam

keane and schmichael will always be seen as better man united players

as for better premiership players, i'd suggest off the top of my head Shearer, Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Vieira and Gerrard

kossa
27th April '09, 04:47 PM
LOST.com

Dont follow media and skysports news hype.

Giggs was good, but Cantona, Beckham, Keane Smicheal (sp) Scholes, Even Yorke and Cole were more influential in their time imo.

SMH at having to school a UTD fan bout his own team.

i dont follow no hype giggs has being very consistant for us over the years

fergie has built 3 different teams whilst at united and giggs has being in them all what does that say

Xtra P
27th April '09, 04:49 PM
http://images.pcworld.com/news/graphics/163734-fanboy6001_slide.jpg

ttkk

kossa
27th April '09, 04:49 PM
lol

i think you need to

FG
27th April '09, 04:50 PM
lol

as for better premiership players, i'd suggest off the top of my head Shearer, Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Vieira and Gerrard

Eagle
27th April '09, 04:54 PM
i dont follow no hype giggs has being very consistant for us over the years

fergie has built 3 different teams whilst at united and giggs has being in them all what does that say

consistent but never WORLD CLASS.

Giggs has never put together one season where he has carried the team or dominated the premiership

Pires, Roy Keane, Henry, Shearer, Gerrard and Vieria all managed this.

Giggs is a good player who was consistent 7.5/10 every season. but nothing more. always a member of the supporting cast, never the leading man.

kossa
27th April '09, 04:55 PM
lol

greatest player to never win a premier league title

Hij
27th April '09, 04:57 PM
even if ur taking the piss ur right.

he deserves to win something this year to recognise how well he has played

kossa
27th April '09, 04:58 PM

Giggs has never put together one season where he has carried the team or dominated the premiership

Giggs is a good player who was consistent 7.5/10 every season. but nothing more. always a member of the supporting cast, never the leading man.

your are lost seriously

if you asked any of the people you mentioned what they thought of him all would say world class

any manager would have taken giggs in his prime

Sir Kippington
27th April '09, 05:00 PM

Thankyou
Thats why he survived.
Same as wes brown he has been about for time...does that mean he was better than stam cus he lasted longer???

plus left wingers aint that common...esp during the 90's

Pires zuppies him all day.
Dont care.

[/B]

why is this true

Apps from 2000-2001 season to 2005-2006 Season

Bear in Mind Giggs has Experience in the Premier League alot of it...

Giggs

Apps - 272
Goals - 52

Average Goals/Game - 5.23

Pires

Apps - 283
Goals - 84

Average Goals/Games - 3.37

*Cough*

Hij
Giggs was awesome. hands up i have to accept that

27th April '09, 05:02 PM
greatest player to never win a premier league title

your opinion is faf, shearer was that now shut up

Eric Cantona
27th April '09, 05:03 PM

get back on wiki you

Eagle

Giggs

Apps - 272
Goals - 52

Pires

Apps - 283
Goals - 84

*Cough*

pires got more assists as well in that period

quality

Shearer won a league title.

Sir Kippington
27th April '09, 05:04 PM
Giggs was awesome. hands up i have to accept that

Treason.:evilgrin:

kossa
27th April '09, 05:05 PM

shows how much you know

27th April '09, 05:06 PM
shows how much you know

like you knew that fair enough for fucking newcastle u ass

kossa
27th April '09, 05:07 PM

Giggs

Apps - 272
Goals - 52

Pires

Apps - 283
Goals - 84

*Cough*

im sure it was during this time that giggs was constantly linked with moves away from ot and had suffered a dip in form

27th April '09, 05:07 PM
pires got more assists as well in that period

coudlnt find the statistics cba to search it the southampton goal tells the tail.

Actually Man Can't Chat Me
Score a better goal than that
and giggs can back to me

27th April '09, 05:08 PM
im sure it was during this time that giggs was constantly linked with moves away from ot and had suffered a dip in form

?So they are like the same age and pires is a month older.

Giggs a squad player but with no1 better than him in the squad so he would play every fucking game

Scholes deserved the award more than him

kossa
27th April '09, 05:08 PM
like you knew that fair enough for fucking newcastle u ass

why do you think i wrote gerrard you dickhead

Eagle
27th April '09, 05:09 PM

henry, gerrard and fabregas are always linked with moves, yet are always merkers

quality
27th April '09, 05:10 PM
Giggs is an exceptional footballer, he has/had fantastic ability, has adapted his game in light of his age and has played at the top level for a stupid amount of time.

Let's not forget the time around 2003 when he was set to leave to Inter or later get swapped to Boro for Downing. He's had dips, he's not God.

Best Premiership players? I'd say Vieira, Keane, Cantona, Zola, Bergkamp, Henry, Van Nistelrooy and Shearer. Arguably Stam, Adams, Gerrard and Lampard fit the bill as well. Maybe even Fowler?

kossa
27th April '09, 05:11 PM

Giggs a squad player but with no1 better than him in the squad so he would play every fucking game

shut the fuck up you shouldnt be allowed to post in here with that shearer comment youre chatting bare shit

Eagle
27th April '09, 05:11 PM

scholes only deserves an award if its handed out for the biggest ginger cunt who gets away with being a hacking little fuck

FG
27th April '09, 05:14 PM
scholes only deserves an award if its handed out for the biggest ginger cunt who gets away with being a hacking little fuck

:laugh::laugh:

Post of '09 contender.

Still Scholes is/was sick though

Sir Kippington
27th April '09, 05:16 PM
Giggs is an exceptional footballer, he has/had fantastic ability, has adapted his game in light of his age and has played at the top level for a stupid amount of time.

Let's not forget the time around 2003 when he was set to leave to Inter or later get swapped to Boro for Downing. He's had dips, he's not God.

Best Premiership players? I'd say Vieira, Keane, Cantona, Zola, Bergkamp, Henry, Van Nistelrooy and Shearer. Arguably Stam, Adams, Gerrard and Lampard fit the bill as well. Maybe even Fowler?

No send to you but now guys are saying dip in form and all this other shit.
Some pussiole ting.
So basically he fell out of form in 2003..
Been a bit part player since...
yet he derserves awards...
he used to hype from 93 to about 97...
And the say liverpool fans live in the past...
SMH....

Vieira, Keane, Cantona, Zola, Bergkamp, Henry, Van Nistelrooy and Shearer. Arguably Stam, Adams, Gerrard and Lampard fit the bill as well. Maybe even Fowler?

Now all the above are true skengmen.

27th April '09, 05:16 PM

yh dats 100% true actually they talk about him being quiet etc, but he a little angry guy

Eagle
27th April '09, 05:18 PM
:laugh::laugh:

Post of '09 contender.

Still Scholes is/was sick though

to be fair, scholes is still at the level required for a player at at top 4 team

i just hate the way he gets away with so many fouls and pundits come out with shit like "ah you cant book him, its scholesy and everyone knows he cant tackle"

quality
27th April '09, 05:19 PM
No send to you but now guys are saying dip in form and all this other shit.
Some pussiole ting.
So basically he fell out of form in 2003..
Been a bit part player since...
yet he derserves awards...
he used to hype from 93 to about 97...
And the say liverpool fans live in the past...
SMH....

I don't know if he's completely lost it since 2003. He just plays a different game now, he has to play a different game. He's done that much more successfully than say Owen has.

Note - I don't think he's the best player in the league, or close to it, but he can still do alot every now and again. If the players have voted for him, I can't really say anything though - they play against him.

Sir Kippington
27th April '09, 05:21 PM
Nah man the guy is a good player and top pro.
But I hate these cunts who try to make him seem like he is pele, maradonna and cyruff rolled into one.
Some of theses pricks are talking bout the best in Prem. history...
Are you having a laugh..

Eric Cantona
27th April '09, 05:23 PM
"What can you say about a man who has won ten Premier League titles? The proof is in his medals,"

"At the very least no player has contributed so much to a single Premier League club as Ryan Giggs has to Manchester United."

quality
27th April '09, 05:24 PM
How many titles did Phil Neville win? Or O'Shea?

Sir Kippington
27th April '09, 05:25 PM
"What can you say about a man who has won ten Premier League titles? The proof is in his medals,"

"At the very least no player has contributed so much to a single Premier League club as Ryan Giggs has to Manchester United."

"Henry didnt win ten and he is still better."
Thats what you say.

kossa
27th April '09, 05:26 PM

and they still dont rate him as one of the greats

Eric Cantona
27th April '09, 05:35 PM
and they still dont rate him as one of the greats

people who know about football know Giggs is up there with greats

kossa
27th April '09, 05:51 PM
people who know about football know Giggs is up there with greats

besides the anti united brigade on here

Hij
27th April '09, 06:00 PM
besides the anti united brigade on here
I'm the biggest anti United guy you'll ever come in contact with.

Gigg's is a world class player though- up there with Barnes for Liverpool back in the 80's.

Doesn't mean he was good enough this season mind.

quality
27th April '09, 06:08 PM
Giggs was world class. But I think there's a list of players better than him, throughout history and more recently. That's not blasphemy. Giggs won medals, but he was undoubtedly helped by the quality of his teamates.

So football is objective - how do you judge Shearer? Or Le Tissier? Or someone like Pele who never played in Europe?

Jammy-Jae
29th April '09, 12:55 AM
i was suprised by Giggs winning it, maybe its just cos he hasnt won it before...

Xtra P
29th April '09, 12:59 AM
He deserved it tbh, they should have also given Dos Santos the young player of the year award

GrimmyGrimGrim
29th April '09, 01:27 AM
joke ting

i don't recall this being the premiership legend award

Pristine Condition
29th April '09, 02:31 AM
LOL @ this

The Enigma
29th April '09, 05:59 AM
Giggs is a legend. Think he just won it, cuz hes going to retire soon. Deserved to win atleast 1 tho in the past 19 years. So hes got it now. Fair play to him. His trophy collection is fucked!

Eagle
29th April '09, 09:42 AM
He deserved it tbh, they should have also given Dos Santos the young player of the year award

lol

Nick Barmby should win next year if hull go up.

loyal servant to spurs, boro, leeds, liverpool and hull. plus he scored the first goal for 3 england managers.

quality
29th April '09, 11:19 AM
I read something the other day which I sort of agree with. In the absence of one completely outstanding candidate, the players went for a nostalgic vote. Giggs was playing well the time of the vote, can't really begrudge him.

Sir Kippington
29th April '09, 12:40 PM
I'm the biggest anti United guy you'll ever come in contact with.

Gigg's is a world class player though- up there with Barnes for Liverpool back in the 80's.

Doesn't mean he was good enough this season mind.

Hij .
me and you will stop talking because of statments like that.
Up there with barnes.

No sh**p Shagger who played for Utd can compare to Barnes.
KMT.
Dont care if i get banned.

Barnes won that award the right way.
By being the fucking BEST.

29th April '09, 12:49 PM
[B]

Have to agree

Hij
29th April '09, 01:48 PM
Hij .
me and you will stop talking because of statments like that.
Up there with barnes.

No sh**p Shagger who played for Utd can compare to Barnes.
KMT.
Dont care if i get banned.

Lol.

Barnes was AWESOME.

Giggs was AWESOME too.

I can't deny how good Giggs has been coz I've seen it with my own two eyes. Don't let his lack of pace in the last 4-5 years fool you.

Hij
29th April '09, 01:48 PM
Giggs is a legend. Think he just won it, cuz hes going to retire soon. Deserved to win atleast 1 tho in the past 19 years. So hes got it now. Fair play to him. His trophy collection is fucked!
Thats winning the award for all the wrong reasons.

The Enigma
29th April '09, 06:10 PM
Thats winning the award for all the wrong reasons.

I know, but oh well, whats done is done. lol

I saw in the paper 2day that every1 is saying he should have a Knighthood. Sir Ryan Giggs. lol sick