PDA

View Full Version : The Barry/Keane thing from the usual inside source

Hij
18th March '09, 10:19 PM
Rafa believed he could buy both Barry and Keane for £25m,with a skilled negotiater i think this was realistic.
The problem is that Benítez gave Parry a list of players he wanted to sign,Barry was his number No1 Priority,Keane was also on the list,the problem lies in that if Benítez could only have 1 signing, the signing would have been Barry.
When Parry all but blew the transfer kitty on Keane Benítez went berserk,he was even prepared to sell Alonso to offset the cost of buying Barry,that's how desperate Rafa was to land Barry.
I could post things on here that would make your hair stand on end,but i can't put them on here.

Thought I'd post this up on here as well, been a lot of discussion on it.

quality
18th March '09, 10:21 PM
That "proves" (how good is the source?) that there was tension between Rafa/Parry, but would you really want Barry at the cost of Alonso? We all know who the better footballer is.

Grimes
18th March '09, 10:21 PM
sounds shady

Curphey
18th March '09, 10:22 PM
Thought I'd post this up on here as well, been a lot of discussion on it.

Who is the inside source?

Hij
18th March '09, 10:24 PM
I only know his user name, just everything he has predicted has come true, so I've no reason to doubt that stuff that has happened, we don't know about is true as well either.

Hij
18th March '09, 10:25 PM
That "proves" (how good is the source?) that there was tension between Rafa/Parry, but would you really want Barry at the cost of Alonso? We all know who the better footballer is.
The source is solid as fuck mate. Predicted Morientes would come, Torres would come, among others over the past year. Even gives the team sheet before all the official websites and TV channels.

I don't think it was a case of Barry for Alonso, he just wanted Barry in his system. You can see originally, like I predicated, he'd rather have had both.

Curphey
18th March '09, 10:25 PM
I only know his user name, just everything he has predicted has come true, so I've no reason to doubt that stuff that has happened, we don't know about is true as well either.

What's his user "Gedo"?

Grimes
18th March '09, 10:26 PM
1.oneil had been asking for 18million before keane got signed.

Hij
18th March '09, 10:27 PM
What's his user "Gedo"?
He posts on RAWK very rarely, he works inside the club in some capacity, won't say what though.

Hij
18th March '09, 10:27 PM
1.oneil had been asking for 18million before keane got signed.
"If Benitez could only have had one signing, it would have been Barry".

It perhaps also explains why he was such a dick to Keane.

quality
18th March '09, 10:28 PM
"If Benitez could only have had one signing, it would have been Barry".

It perhaps also explains why he was such a dick to Keane.

But why? To play on the left?

Curphey
He posts on RAWK very rarely, he works inside the club in some capacity, won't say what though.

Bookmarked his user page..

Should be useful for the Summer transfer window.

Hij
But why? To play on the left?
I don't know those answers. To play in a variety of positions I would guess?

Curphey
18th March '09, 10:29 PM
Keane was never right for the club imo.

Hij
18th March '09, 10:29 PM
I was a big fan of Keane and still am really, shame it didn't work out, I'm just glad I know the situation now.

quality
18th March '09, 10:35 PM
Barry just always seemed odd to me. You have 3 centre mids the rest of the league would kill for and there are other areas that need addressing - particularly taking the burden off Torres (obviously Keane didn't work out).

18mil for a utility player is steep still.

Hij
18th March '09, 10:38 PM
Barry just always seemed odd to me. You have 3 centre mids the rest of the league would kill for and there are other areas that need addressing - particularly taking the burden off Torres (obviously Keane didn't work out).

18mil for a utility player is steep still.

I don't think Gareth Barry is a utility player. We miss a guy who can take a very good corner and deliver a ball into a box for starters, plus he has good technique, good drive and can play in many positions.

Nine Bar
18th March '09, 11:16 PM
Barry is centrel midfielder player who can do both jobs and more. Hes not a utilitiy player but can do just as good a job down the left flank.

Keane was a good buy but Rafa clearly didnt want him for the Liverpool system, should have stuck with him imo but if he wanted BArry that bad he'll probly call again in the summer after the new contract, but Xabi>>>>>most midfielders this season.

Danny Trejo
19th March '09, 01:21 AM
"Keane is shit."- Paul Lynch, 2008.

Hij
19th March '09, 01:21 AM
"Keane is shit."- Paul Lynch, 2008.
:D

Eagle
19th March '09, 11:02 AM
rafa could have never got keane and barry for £25mil no matter who was negotiating

but still, the story does seem to explain what happened.

summer will be interesting as imo liverpool need some quality back up for torres. will be interesting to see how rafa deals with this issue

Danny Trejo
19th March '09, 11:42 AM
David Villa from his self-destructing Spanish locale please.

Too Far Gone
19th March '09, 02:25 PM
We can only wish.

Hopefully this stuff's all sorted out with the new contract. Can't afford another summer of transfers like last summer.

Eric Cantona
19th March '09, 02:29 PM
Problem with getting David Villa would be i don't think Rafa likes playing a 4-4-2, and with Alonso, Masha & Gerrard all playing i agree with him

Grimes
19th March '09, 07:24 PM
not at all same time