View Full Version : Rafa has signed his 5 year deal

Hij
18th March '09, 09:59 PM
Sweet as fuck.

Sorry Slackk :(

But I'm chuffed to bits.

Hij
18th March '09, 10:01 PM
Hold up its not a 5 year deal, its an extension to 5 years.

Bare confused right now, but Gedo is always spot on.

Curphey
18th March '09, 10:01 PM
Sweet as fuck.

Sorry Slackk :(

But I'm chuffed to bits.

Really, where did you see this?

Curphey
18th March '09, 10:04 PM
Link please

Hij
18th March '09, 10:05 PM
It's now on LFC.TV

Hahaha, I love knowing before its official.

4 minutes worth lol

Hij
18th March '09, 10:05 PM
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=239439.0

is where I found out.

Ned Kelly I never heard of, but Gedo confirmed it later on and he's always right.

Grimes
18th March '09, 10:06 PM
bout to say 5year is very risky.

so he's got 3/4 years left on his contract

Hij
Rafa Benitez has signed a contract extension with Liverpool FC, keeping him at the club until 2014. The Liverpool Manager has extended his current deal, which took him to the end of next season, by a further four years.

"My heart is with Liverpool Football Club, so I'm delighted to sign this new deal," said Rafa. "I love the club, the fans and the city and with a club like this and supporters like this, I could never say no to staying. I always made clear I wanted to be here for a long time and when I complete my new contract it will mean I have spent over a decade in Liverpool.

"The club is greatly respected around the world due to its incredible history and tremendous heritage. It is my aim to uphold those values and help create a new chapter in our history.

"Throughout this process, I would like to thank the owners for their hard work in finalising the deal. All of us at the club want the same thing, which is to be successful by winning major trophies."

The completion of contract talks with Rafa is the third major boost for Liverpool fans in recent days, coming after fabulous wins against Real Madrid in the Champions League and Manchester United in the Premier League. The 4-1 win at Old Trafford saw Rafa achieve 100 league wins in the third fastest period of time for a Liverpool manager, surpassing Bill Shankly.

Liverpool Co-Chairman Tom Hicks said: "It is wonderful news that Rafa has made a long-term commitment to the football club. Since he became Manager in 2004, he has been responsible for the great progress we have made. I know he will continue to build on his achievements as he has a tremendous hunger and desire to bring more success to the club - success our fans and everyone connected with the club deserves."

Co-Chairman George Gillett added: "With Rafa continuing to manage the team, we can look forward to more great football and success on the pitch. He has special abilities and qualities which are admired here at the club and around the world. Coming after our excellent wins over Real Madrid and Manchester United, this gives us great momentum going into the final stages of the season."

Rafa joined The Reds in 2004 following a successful period in charge of Spanish club Valencia, who he guided to two La Liga titles and a UEFA Cup success.

While he has been at the helm, Liverpool won the UEFA Champions League in Istanbul in 2005, the FA Cup the following year and reached another Champions League final in Athens in 2007. He has also overseen success in both the UEFA Super Cup and Community Shield.

The club are currently the number one team in Europe according to UEFA's co-efficient ranking system, based on results over the past five years in European competition.

Shame I'm trying not to drink for a couple weeks, could do with a beer to that news.

Curphey
It's now on LFC.TV

Hahaha, I love knowing before its official.

4 minutes worth lol

Ah fucking quality mate, skysports aint clocked it yet.

Hij
bout to say 5year is very risky.

so he's got 3/4 years left on his contract

4 years.

Hij
18th March '09, 10:09 PM
Get SkySports News on

can't wait for their "exclusive"

Not even on the yellow bar yet

Curphey
18th March '09, 10:09 PM
Fuck me Sky are slow on this one....

Hij
18th March '09, 10:10 PM
Fuck me Sky are slow on this one....
They'll be preparing a wording of the story, and then the guys in the studio will announce it.

Curphey
18th March '09, 10:11 PM
They'll be preparing a wording of the story, and then the guys in the studio will announce it.

Still, imagine how many Liverpool fans country wide are about to become very happy.

Grimes
18th March '09, 10:11 PM
he deserves an extension.

i think rafa is on the right track.

Hij
18th March '09, 10:12 PM
I'm well pleased.

Curphey
Ohh, hello, they've clocked it.

Hij
We're very close to getting rid of the owners as well apparently.

Everything that's fucked up over the last 2 years for us is finally going right, matched with a few good results recently.

Curphey
he deserves an extension.

i think rafa is on the right track.

Aye, me too.

Curphey
18th March '09, 10:14 PM
We're very close to getting rid of the owners as well apparently.

Everything that's fucked up over the last 2 years for us is finally going right, matched with a few good results recently.

Lets get some filthy rich owners who know what there doing.

Hij
18th March '09, 10:14 PM
Lets get some filthy rich owners who know what there doing.
Rich, not filthy.

I wouldn't wanna be a Chelsea.

Grimes
18th March '09, 10:15 PM
The owners ain't done nothing wrong (apart from the obvious debt but who would care if we was winning trophies like man utd or real madrid)

they only thing they done wrong was create contingencies if rafa/ was going to leave.

Hij
18th March '09, 10:16 PM
The owners ain't done nothing wrong (apart from the obvious debt but who would care if we was winning trophies like man utd or real madrid)

they only thing they done wrong was create contingencies if rafa/ was going to leave.

"We'll have a spade in the ground in 60 days"

They've been here over 300.

"We won't do a Man United"

They leveraged the debt against the club, which is what they said they wouldn't do.

Curphey
18th March '09, 10:17 PM
Rich, not filthy.

I wouldn't wanna be a Chelsea.

Yeah, but Chelsea were silly with their money. Rafa's too smart for that, he'd invest gradually for want of not disrupting the squad chemistry.

Hij
18th March '09, 10:22 PM
He also said

The fact that Rafa has signed is new Contract HAS to taken as a good sign regarding the Ownership issue.

quality
18th March '09, 10:24 PM
Now he's effectively got everything he wanted, does he have a leg to stand on if you don't win the league soonish?

Hij
18th March '09, 10:26 PM
Now he's effectively got everything he wanted, does he have a leg to stand on if you don't win the league soonish?
He's got his 4 years...

Danny Trejo
18th March '09, 10:31 PM
Stan Collymore told me this at 4pm no hype.

Hij
18th March '09, 10:56 PM
Stan Collymore told me this at 4pm no hype.
Serious?

Sickhead, swear you told me about another conversation you had with him before, or was I lean?

And if he did, where was my text? :(

AllstarParr
18th March '09, 11:08 PM
the extension keeps him at the club till 2014
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7951817.stm

do you think hes deserved it?

Hij
18th March '09, 11:22 PM
the extension keeps him at the club till 2014
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7951817.stm

do you think hes deserved it?
Istanbul
Athens
Cardiff

This last week
increased points total virtually every season hes been here correlating to a bigger points total next season.

yeah.

AllstarParr
18th March '09, 11:41 PM
good points. i think he has turned them into the team no one wants to play in europe. In the league they are still questionable but next season i kinda got the feeling it will be their year.

If he hadn't beat real and man united though i think his job may have been in doubt.

lol fuck being a manager nowadays

Eric Cantona
18th March '09, 11:52 PM
Big payout for Benitez when he goes then....

Danny Trejo
18th March '09, 11:55 PM
Serious?

Sickhead, swear you told me about another conversation you had with him before, or was I lean

Nah been chatting to him for a bit now.

Jay
18th March '09, 11:59 PM
Nah been chatting to him for a bit now.

Collymore on talksport >>>>>>

(well maybe not as good as galloway)

Nine Bar
19th March '09, 12:06 AM
Collymore on women >>>>

Danny Trejo
19th March '09, 01:20 AM
Collymore on talksport >>>>>>

(well maybe not as good as galloway)

Innit. He's sound though, bit mad like.

Hij
19th March '09, 01:42 AM
Quote from: Gedo on Yesterday at 09:36:01 PM (http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=239439.msg5518146#msg5518146)
Gillett was at the game on Saturday wth a Kuwaiti Delegation in 1 of United Corporate Boxes.

You have to ask yourself this; would Rafa sign a new Contract if there was no money in the transfer Budget!

fuck off lol

Hij
19th March '09, 01:56 AM
Oliver Kay said this

On the playing side, it will bring some much-needed stability. I would expect Dirk Kuyt, Alvaro Arbeloa and a few others to agree new contracts quickly, while Benítez can also start proceeding with plans for next season. Off the pitch, it’s not so easy. They’re looking for a new chief executive, with Rick Parry leaving at the end of the season, and there are already signs that Tom Hicks and George Gillett are pulling in different directions when it comes to that appointment. Gillett, in particular, remains a fly in the ointment, but I’m certain his days are numbered. And yes I know I’ve said that before … .

Could be true ya know!!