PDA

View Full Version : Fair Play

Hij
22nd February '09, 10:24 PM
To United. You are the benchmark of which we need to reach. Watched the game today and the positives are that we had the chances to win, so it wasn't through a lack of chances that we failed to get 3 points, if just one of the chances was either side of Given, it was 3 points. And Kompany should have been sent off- shit happens.

When Benitez came in, we were struggling to even qualify for Champions League. Bar a complete catastrophe, we should finish 2nd or 3rd in the league this year, and get one of our best points totals in years. I'd have taken that at the beginning of the season, the fact that I am now disappointed with that, demonstrates that we have achieved better than expected.

Call me deluded, but I do believe we are improving year on year and still believe we are. Without a 40-50m investment in one summer, it will always have taken time to build Liverpool up from the bare bones squad of 2004.

I imagine with the money from the Keane deal + the usual funds and the sale of a few players (Lucas and Dossena with any luck) we'll actually have quite a nice kitty come summer (assuming that the American's allow us the budget). Hopefully in the near future we can have a squad like United's which needs only one or two major additions per season, rather than having to cater for a few positions on a budget.

Manchester United I believe at this point will pick up the bare minimum of 3 trophies this season. (World Club, Carling Cup and Premier League) and the possibility of another 2- although I doubt they will defend the Champions League.

As much as I hate everything to do with the Mancs, I can only hold my hands up and say "fair play". Different class. But I still have faith in our project, football can be a waiting game sometimes. What hurts, is that Chelsea and Arsenal certainly won't be this poor next season and with a bit more luck, we could have snatched it.

C'est La Vie I guess.

Grimes
22nd February '09, 10:28 PM
we could of won the league

JACK
22nd February '09, 10:30 PM
the way i hate majority of your players and benitez, but can see the forward thinking (kinda) and constant work i feel jealous tbh.
in this waiting game indeed, we're nowhere near that stil.

Hij
22nd February '09, 10:34 PM
we could of won the league
We could have. We aren't going to. It still feels good (after calming down from the draw earlier) knowing that we were in the race till the end of February though. That is improvement, we're normally out of it by November.

What was our points total in 2001? If we beat that, I'll be happy.

Grimes
22nd February '09, 10:36 PM
nah it burns, deep

cause when people remember this

Gerrard goes out and gets into a fight in the season when he's top of the league

and the unforgettable Rafa's Rant

all self-inflicted knock out blows

The Enigma
22nd February '09, 10:37 PM
Having the same manager for 23 years >>>>

kossa
22nd February '09, 10:38 PM
tbh the title race is nowhere near over we may 7pts clear but their is plenty of games left and anything can happen

Nine Bar
22nd February '09, 10:39 PM
Man Utd are the best, stanard. Fergie is the best in the fucking world.

I said Liverpool will get much closer this season and they will be much closer then previous seasons. But I still think Rafa is shit, with the right signings this season Liverpool really could have won the league imo.

Grimes
22nd February '09, 10:39 PM
i feel to empty a clip on my forehead.

22nd February '09, 10:43 PM
Man U are gonna be level with us on titles now ffs

Hij
22nd February '09, 10:48 PM
nah it burns, deep

cause when people remember this

Gerrard goes out and gets into a fight in the season when he's top of the league

and the unforgettable Rafa's Rant

all self-inflicted knock out blows

Not really. We should have won today despite any "rant" or any fight Gerrard got into. The strength in depth isn't the same as at United, but it will be with time. United brought on Giggs, Tevez and Vidic yesterday, we brought on Aurelio, El Zhar and Babel (who was shockingly bad). Kuyt hit a good shot, but straight at the keeper, Benayoun did the same. If it was a yard either side, we'd have won, and you wouldn't be looking to empty any clips.

Patience mate. Another manager would mean at least another 3-4 years and possibly a slide down the table. Manchester United are at their very very best.

Man U are gonna be level with us on titles now ffs

It's because of this people are taking their eye off the ball with the improvement of the squad and demanding the league title this season. Not saying you in particular, but if Rafa is sacked, or walks now, It'd be almost as bad as Kenny Dalglish departing, in my opinion anyway.

Xtra P
22nd February '09, 10:58 PM
I want to empty a clip into Denilson & Eboue

Jay05
22nd February '09, 11:24 PM
tbh the title race is nowhere near over we may 7pts clear but their is plenty of games left and anything can happen

Man u have had luck

although im sure they will win, u never know

22nd February '09, 11:25 PM
It's because of this people are taking their eye off the ball with the improvement of the squad and demanding the league title this season. Not saying you in particular, but if Rafa is sacked, or walks now, It'd be almost as bad as Kenny Dalglish departing, in my opinion anyway.

Yeah definitely, I agree with us improving each year, and that Rafa is the manager for us... Im just pissed that Man U have caught us up.

And Kenny Dalglish leaving still hurts, he couldve been our Alex Ferguson (except better of course :D)

Eric Cantona
22nd February '09, 11:29 PM
Didn't Dalglish win European Cup as player/manager?

Liverpool should go out and spend big on bringing Villa to Anfield, him and Torres upfront would be best strikeforce in the world no hype, then some better squad players then Dossena & Lucas

22nd February '09, 11:37 PM

Nah, only the league and FA cup

Hij
22nd February '09, 11:50 PM

Liverpool should go out and spend big on bringing Villa to Anfield, him and Torres upfront would be best strikeforce in the world no hype, then some better squad players then Dossena & Lucas
This basically. Can't believe I was defending this guy. Although admittedly he was awesome against Newcastle.

Dosenna, lmao, I've not seen such shite since Traore. I hated Riise at the end of last season, but I'd have him over that dickhead.

Villa, although sent off tonight, was a different class again. I wonder if we could ever convince him though. Dumping Madrid out of Europe could aid any big bid for him.

Jay
23rd February '09, 12:06 AM
Summer when Valencia are fucked cos noones bought them you need to grab both Villa and Juaquin.

'nuum general
23rd February '09, 12:37 AM
Summer when Valencia are fucked cos noones bought them you need to grab both Villa and Juaquin.

this

hopefully we'll persuade them to swap david silva for bullard

FG
23rd February '09, 01:12 AM
I want to empty a clip into Denilson & Eboue

see, I've rated Denilson for time and, even though the faith has been worn fucking thin recently, I think he's still a good player with bags of potential.

He's played more than enough games for us, so I wouldn't say inexperience is an issue, but a midfield with a lack of grit would have affected him.

What's affected him most of all imo was the loss of Gilberto, and even Baptista. I think he really looked up to them guys, Gilberto would cook for him and Baptista, they would go round and play samba and shit.

With this season and us fighting for scraps already then having a bit of patience is easier to tolerate

Danny Trejo
23rd February '09, 01:41 AM
English teams were banned from Europe when Dalglish was manager.

Hij
23rd February '09, 01:44 AM
English teams were banned from Europe when Dalglish was manager.

Ifitwasntfertheban..........

Everton would've won the European Cup.

Anonymous
23rd February '09, 04:24 AM
I feel the best is yet to come in the next 2-3 years from United.

Entity
23rd February '09, 04:45 AM
I feel the best is yet to come in the next 2-3 years from United. Exactly, the team is still growing, and a few players are going to improve dramatically in that space of time.

On the other hand, a few players are going to worsen. But Ferguson has set the team up for that I reckon.

Anonymous
23rd February '09, 04:51 AM
I hope by that time that players like Petrucci, Macheda, Welbeck, Possebon etc. will be coming to the fore. Whilst other young players will then be getting a look in such as Ravel Morrison. Also players like Jonny Evans, Rafael, Ando, Fabio, Tosic etc. will hopefully have further developed whilst the mainstays Vida, Rooney, Carrick, Fletcher etc. should all still be performing at the highest level.

Exciting times ahead.

Entity
23rd February '09, 05:28 AM
The future looks very bright with us. Petrucci and Macheda have been included in the champions league squad haven't they? It's quite a feat, particularly for Petrucci who has only been in England since the start of the season. Roma must be pissed they lost him. Macheda is peforming for the reserves and U18's in a similar way to how Rossi used to impress, and they're creating a positive partnership between themselves. Rafael and Wellbecks peformances for the first team speak for themselves, and Fabio is going to be a revelation.

As you've said, the more experienced players should be in a position to benefit the youngsters whilst peforming at their best themselves. I personally think Vidic is a contender for future club captain. Hes fluent in English already, clearly loves playing for us and lacks nothing in passion or work rate, he's the heart of our defence. He clearly deserves player of the year in the premier league imo.

I'm hearing plenty of good things about Ravel Morrison aswell. Comparisons with Rooney might be a bit premature, but he look's to have great potential.

Grimes
23rd February '09, 10:43 AM
nah this is man utds peak.

all them players will flop as soon as fergie goes

Xtra P
23rd February '09, 02:43 PM
Utd wont be the same without Fergie, he has the ability to bully the players into playing well, no other manager can do that

Eric Cantona
23rd February '09, 02:48 PM
It all depends on the replacement, Fergie won't just disappear either he will always be working with the club and i think he has said he will be helping Man Utd and who ever his replacement is, i think Martin O'Neill would be the perfect replacement for Fergie, i do hope we get him

Jay05
23rd February '09, 05:03 PM
It all depends on the replacement, Fergie won't just disappear either he will always be working with the club and i think he has said he will be helping Man Utd and who ever his replacement is, i think Martin O'Neill would be the perfect replacement for Fergie, i do hope we get him

i wouldnt be surprised if Mourinho is approached

xpress
23rd February '09, 07:36 PM
hes the only 1 who can win as much in the prem but we wont have him because
1. hes a PR nightmare who makes everyone hate him and caused 1 of the best refs 2 quit due to death threats from the chelsea "fans" he instigated
2. he plays borin football

and rah 7 points aint that much anyway in 12 games or however many it is stranger fings hav happend.
we're defo gna drop 7 points in that time

Hij
23rd February '09, 09:03 PM
hes the only 1 who can win as much in the prem but we wont have him because
1. hes a PR nightmare who makes everyone hate him and caused 1 of the best refs 2 quit due to death threats from the chelsea "fans" he instigated
2. he plays borin football

and rah 7 points aint that much anyway in 12 games or however many it is stranger fings hav happend.
we're defo gna drop 7 points in that time
The only way we can win now, is to beat you at Old Trafford and have the perfect season.

Chelsea don't even play you again, so they need you to drop bare points.

It's in the bag, unless we beat you at Old Trafford. Thats where the title will be 100% over, or back on again. If we beat you there and you struggle against Arsenal/Villa and Man City, theres an outside chance.

We'd have to win every game LOL, dont see it happening.

kossa
23rd February '09, 10:41 PM
anyone remember arsenal coming to old trafford and winning then clawing back some 12 point deficit and winning the league

Anonymous
23rd February '09, 10:44 PM
But they had 3 games in hand. And won them all.