PDA

View Full Version : 22 Games In

Hij
27th January '09, 11:32 PM
This season is an absolute classic. We have lost ground in recent games and fallen behind. I quite like how everyone has written us off already now, I think its better for us this way. Edit: When I say everyone, I mean the plethoria of negative press against Benitez and Liverpool. Makes for a siege mentality.

Arsenal are winning games without Fabregas. They look stronger, sturdier and with more belief.

Villa are resilient and play very well to O Neil's methods. While I think he will go on to manage United and cause me hurt in the future, he's a class act for now and is doing a brilliant job there.

Chelsea have won a couple of games recently and a last minute winner by Lampard at Stoke should have the confidence ringing around the Bridge.

The stat about United, and Van Der Sars clean sheets, coupled with last minute goals (bar Chelsea/West Brom) shows that they have been a lot more defensive this season than previous ones. Won't be mentioned in the media, as they have clinched the goals when they needed them (Stoke, Middlesborough, Bolton). Who have they even got next? I'm almost sure its a few 3 pointers coming up.

We have Chelsea on the weekend. A draw against Wigan could see us 5 points behind and having to face Chelsea could see us fall further and out of the race. This is backs against the wall time. Tomorrow night in the pub, with a few Kronenbourgs and one eye on Everton Arsenal will feel almost like a 2nd Leg of a European game- simply needing a win to progress.

Fuck me its heating up, and while we are not doing so well at the moment, I'm loving every minute of it and I've not even mentioned the madness at the bottom yet.

Nine Bar
28th January '09, 12:10 AM
Aston Villa: Buzzing. Martin Oneil is probably the best manager in Britain bar Fergie, not even a biased view I would of absolutely loved for him to get the England job when he didnt.
We are bringing in very good English players who are mostly young and half our first team is destined to be in the England first 11 in years to come. We are now 2nd in the table which from a Villa supporter, is dumb. I cant believe it we keep getting better and the sky seriously is the limit..

Man Utd: Alex is the best in the world full stop. Querioz was the "brains" on the training ground and some thought his departure would hit home hard, so did I after the first few games without him. But Rio and Vidic are the best defensive partnership I have seen in my life tbh. Evra is brilliant. Ronaldo aint touching last years form but Rooney and Berba are in fine form, the latter is especially looking at home, his first touch is ridiculously alot. Shit players like Fletcher and Park are even getting quite alot of games aswell. Them two full back brothers, Nani and Anderson look to have soo much potential. United are United theyve been the best for a very long time.

Liverpool: I said before day one Liverpool would get much closer to the top 2, and they are going for it. Too defensive sometimes imo but with Skrtel and Carro, Mascherano and Xabi they are arguebly the strongest down the middle. Still havent sorted out the wingers and still havent got that second striker although with Gerrard some would say we dont need one.

Chelsea/Arsenal: Chelsea are just not on it this season i dont like watching them, Scolari is a clown and they will win nothing under him.
Arsenal are slipping, still lovely to watch sometimes but some of their boys just arent good enough. I dont like Wenger, hes a wanker. Nasri looks very good though. Its not over till the fat lady sings and all that but c'mon lets be real...

Hots & Flops
Hots:
Ashley Young, Stephan Ireland, Valencia, Frank Lampard and Shay Given.
Wigan and Aston Villa are my "hot" surprises so far.

Flops:
Darren Bent, Robbie Keane, Gareth Bale, Gomez (:laugh:) and Nicky Shorey
Tottenham and Portsmouth are the "flop" teams for me.

Predictions
1 Man Utd
2 Liverpool
3 Chelsea
4 Aston Villa

18 Portsmouth/bolton
19 Stoke
20 West Brom

RIP Jakey
28th January '09, 01:20 AM
If we come fifth we deserve it, Villa have been outstanding and we've been caught slipping.

Ryddel
28th January '09, 01:21 AM
Flops:
Darren Bent, Robbie Keane, Gareth Bale, Gomes (:laugh:) and Nicky Shorey

How you can call Gomes a flop is beyond me the guy was shakey at the start but he's picked himself up now and with serious competition from Cudicini he's gonna have to perform better...about he's a flop lol.

I agree with the rest though is Shorey at Villa? or isit Portsmouth? the guy has gone missing i swear from being on the fringe of the England squad with Reading to know where

Hij
28th January '09, 01:24 AM
Gomes has cost you a ridiculous amount of points. It's Ramos' fault for not having a decent back up goalie to drop him for
though innit.

Genetically Genuine
28th January '09, 01:33 AM
im getin so para about villa....I found myself watching the portsmouth game shouting at the screen every 2 minutes egging on portsmouth...its going to be an exodus if arsenal finish outside the top four *watches unbeaten season video...sigh*

Ryddel
28th January '09, 01:43 AM
Gomes has cost you a ridiculous amount of points. It's Ramos' fault for not having a decent back up goalie to drop him for
though innit.

He did when the WHOLE team was on a bad run of form, most obvious in the Fulham game I wouldn't call him a flop based on 8 games you gotta take into account we were & still are struggling, and also the whole team was playing like shit if anything Bentley has been more of a flop tbh.

Jay05
28th January '09, 01:57 AM
the Villa game summed Gomes up

Brilliant and dire in 1 game

He is Def a very South American Keeper

csg
28th January '09, 02:26 AM
Manchester UTD to win the league easy....liverpool aint got the experience in winning anything!

Hij
28th January '09, 02:37 AM
Manchester UTD to win the league easy....liverpool aint got the experience in winning anything!
:D

Good one!!!

Pristine Condition
28th January '09, 02:38 AM
I actually did LOL @ that comment aswell

Nxt Lvl
28th January '09, 02:46 AM
Flops:
Darren Bent, Robbie Keane, Gareth Bale, Gomez (:laugh:) and Nicky Shorey

Predictions
1 Man Utd
2 Liverpool
3 Chelsea
4 Aston Villa

18 Portsmouth/bolton
19 Stoke
20 West Brom

Well for starters, Portsmouth wont get relegated, becauser they have enough money to buy another good player, and even if they dont crouch, james, pennant, and kranjcar are enough to keep them from dropping. aaand how is Portsmouth a "flop." They were never really predicted to be great, and they've lost their manager and two of their four best players.

The Messiah
28th January '09, 03:39 AM
If we come fifth we deserve it, Villa have been outstanding and we've been caught slipping.

Although everyone including myself has written us off, we're not that far off the top and 4th spot. 8 points isn't it? Can easily become 4 in three weekends...

Jammy-Jae
28th January '09, 03:47 AM
people thought last season was THE BEST but fuck that, this years is the epitomy of CLASSIC!

i'd love to see a five horse race!

The Egghead
28th January '09, 04:45 AM
I've wrote this season off since Joe Kinnear got appointed Newcastle manager, wrote the next 4 years off when Ashley said he wasn't selling. Bad time to be a Newcastle fan.

Hij
28th January '09, 02:33 PM

Although everyone including myself has written us off, we're not that far off the top and 4th spot. 8 points isn't it? Can easily become 4 in three weekends...
We'll drop points this week, don't worry.

Sir Kippington
28th January '09, 03:48 PM
We'll drop points this week, don't worry.

had a look at our run in ..

It's a bit of a par.

Our season might end in tears...

Bish
28th January '09, 03:57 PM
man utd are shit, i think tottenham will come back and win the league

Nine Bar
28th January '09, 06:11 PM
How you can call Gomes a flop is beyond me the guy was shakey at the start but he's picked himself up now and with serious competition from Cudicini he's gonna have to perform better...about he's a flop lol.

I agree with the rest though is Shorey at Villa? or isit Portsmouth?

Lol him and Scott Carson are probably the worst 2 keepers in the league, but he cost a lot of money for a goalkeeper and come on, he needs catching lessons, even Dawson started taking goal kicks aswell wtf can he do, make a good save for the camera every 3 shots? Cudicini is a great keeper and will be the new number 1 imo.

Well for starters, Portsmouth wont get relegated, becauser they have enough money to buy another good player, and even if they dont crouch, james, pennant, and kranjcar are enough to keep them from dropping. aaand how is Portsmouth a "flop." They were never really predicted to be great, and they've lost their manager and two of their four best players.

Your a pompy man?
WBA are down imo, so then theres Stoke, Pompy, Bolton, Hammers, Hull, Blackburn, Middlesboro, Sunderland, Fulham and Newcastle who id say will be involved in the relagation scrap.
I can pick atleast 4/5 good players out of each team and say they can save them from the drop. But no, a "big established" prem club is going down this season, and I think it will be Bolton or Pompy. I also think their a flop because they won the FA Cup last season, finished the season on a high, had a fantastic manager and a real upward buzz. Now they have sold sold and sold their in trouble.

Nxt Lvl
31st January '09, 10:36 AM
Now they have sold sold and sold their in trouble.

exactly now they have money to buy buy buy.

Nine Bar
31st January '09, 01:04 PM
exactly now they have money to buy buy buy.

Lol and you really think their gonna buy buy buy?

If you get Saviola in on loan then its alot, but the midfield looks weak, Big Sol is past it, and Crouch hasnt got a proper partner atm.

We'll see in May though enit. But a big established team is definatly going down this season.

Xtra P
31st January '09, 01:12 PM
Dos Santos will keep pompey up

Nine Bar
31st January '09, 01:19 PM
Yeh read he might go, dunno though.

He was suppose to be the next big thing wasnt he? Harry should be giving him a chance atleast, swear you cant move twice in the same season though?

Pristine Condition
31st January '09, 03:06 PM
Yeh read he might go, dunno though.

He was suppose to be the next big thing wasnt he? Harry should be giving him a chance atleast, swear you cant move twice in the same season though?

I thought it was three times in a year.

King SF
31st January '09, 07:04 PM
Its all coming together in a nice pot of madness
Arsenal getting pushed out by Aston Villa ??
Sick

If we can regain the lead from Man Utd, will be great
otherwise this season has been liverpool's best for 19 years
Well done benitez [even with you're haters]