Might even cheer if we score, hardly any top 4 guys playing

Xtra P
19th November '08, 09:03 PM
Upson first scorer

:D

Jammie Dodger
19th November '08, 09:17 PM
Not even bothering to watch this.

ITV coverage is poor. But thats not the reason.

Hij
19th November '08, 09:26 PM
We're winning. And merking.

I even said we.

Whats happening?

Guess it is the Germans though no post war racism.

Eric Cantona
19th November '08, 09:50 PM
Good game, it's nice to see the fringe players playing well.

Hij
19th November '08, 10:13 PM
lmfao Terry
YOUR FUCKING SHIT

ABOUT WINNING THE EUROPEAN CUP
fuck off

Hij
19th November '08, 10:36 PM
Fair play to John Terry, cracker of a goal.

Your still a cunt though.

Eric Cantona
19th November '08, 10:50 PM
Haha Hij that was i was saying to my dad before, at least he made up for it with a goal

Hulbert99
19th November '08, 10:59 PM
cant get to a tv whos winning?

Eric Cantona
19th November '08, 11:00 PM
England won 2-1

Always nice to beat Germany

Cooks
19th November '08, 11:47 PM
What a boring game it was

Good that England won though.

Eric Cantona
19th November '08, 11:53 PM
I didn't think it was boring at all

quality
19th November '08, 11:56 PM
Carrick played well and everyone else was so-so. Downing, Johnson, Upson and Bent will never cut it at that level IMO and there are better options in each position failing a massive injury crisis.

Cooks
19th November '08, 11:57 PM
I didn't think it was boring at all

It was probably cause i was at the pub, too busy pissing about to watch it properly lol.

icecream
20th November '08, 12:09 AM
Carrick played well and everyone else was so-so. Downing, Johnson, Upson and Bent will never cut it at that level IMO and there are better options in each position failing a massive injury crisis.

upson was good 2day, once of the best in the match. but hes never going to replace terry and ferdinand.

downing didnt play bad aswell but even on a good day hes not up to standard.

Hij
20th November '08, 12:10 AM
everyone played well bar the goal what game were you watching

quality
20th November '08, 12:13 AM
everyone played well bar the goal what game were you watching

Carrick was good. Everyone else was ok. No one was bad, though Johnson appeared to panic in possession, which is odd as that's a strength at club level. Bent's touch is horrific and he can't play with another striker IMO. I wouldn't say it was an overly competitive game though, despite what ITV want everyone to believe.

icecream
20th November '08, 12:21 AM
the thing is as a team the performance was good, everyone gelled but its clear to see some of the players just dont have any star quality.

Hij
20th November '08, 12:26 AM
we just beat a good german team who gives a fuck it weren 9 nil

quality
20th November '08, 12:50 AM
we just beat a good german team who gives a fuck it weren 9 nil

I'm not on about scorelines. Carrick was the only player who played himself into contention IMO.

'nuum general
20th November '08, 12:53 AM
it was a very poor germany team we were against, lol at calamity "l**ds scum" carson

Pristine Condition
20th November '08, 01:05 AM
England played well.

Mute button done alot.

Ryddel
20th November '08, 02:35 AM
what did the score finish

Keyser Söze
20th November '08, 11:24 AM
2-1 to England

Agbonlahor is ALOT !

quality
20th November '08, 11:56 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Agbonlahor did nothing of note? Barring Wright-Phillips and the two goals, I'm struggling to think of when we tested the keeper (Downing had a couple of tame shots). Not being negative, I just don't see where the hype is coming from. I rate Agbonlahor, just don't remember him doing anything exceptional last night?

Keyser Söze
20th November '08, 12:04 PM
he had a few shots on goal and was a pain in the ass for the defence all night, If he had the chance Bent had i think he would of put it away.

But then again i am a Villa fan

Xtra P
20th November '08, 12:12 PM
Bent is a pile of steaming manure tbh

Keyser Söze
20th November '08, 12:15 PM
^^ Yeh really

Best players for me lastnight: Carrick, Gabby, Downing(Hurts to say that) & SWP.

Good result considering it was a B Team

quality
20th November '08, 12:37 PM
Bent is a pile of steaming manure tbh

He suits playing up front by himself, but for some reason has no link up play whatsoever. Just one of those players who'll score goals at club level, but that's his limit really.

Xtra P
20th November '08, 12:48 PM
He suits playing up front by himself, but for some reason has no link up play whatsoever. Just one of those players who'll score goals at club level, but that's his limit really.

He would be a world class player in the championship but I think top flight football is too much for him despite his wonder season with Charton

quality
20th November '08, 12:52 PM
He would be a world class player in the championship but I think top flight football is too much for him despite his wonder season with Charton

He had 2 good seasons at Charlton and is doing ok for us now, he's a top flight player, just not an exceptional one. He does a job at club level, I can't see him ever being needed at international level as he doesn't really add anything unique.

Xtra P
20th November '08, 01:38 PM
He had 2 good seasons at Charlton and is doing ok for us now, he's a top flight player, just not an exceptional one. He does a job at club level, I can't see him ever being needed at international level as he doesn't really add anything unique.

Fair point, but whenever I see him on the teamsheet for Spurs when we(Arsenal) play you, I grin to myself, he doesn't worry me in the slightest.

Sir Kippington
20th November '08, 03:19 PM
I feel sorry for Carson.
Mclaren destroyed him.
Glad we shot him off though..nice little profit there.

quality
20th November '08, 03:25 PM
Fair point, but whenever I see him on the teamsheet for Spurs when we(Arsenal) play you, I grin to myself, he doesn't worry me in the slightest.

He's scored against Arsenal and Chelsea this year. He puts himself about, moves well and will always get goals, add to that he's a decent finisher and good in the air. He just can't link play to save his life.

Nine Bar
20th November '08, 03:44 PM

lol thats the rival talk typing there. You no Bent is a Premiership player mate.

Gabby played standard, used his pace well and was a threat, Downing played sick tbh, hes always flopped for England bar last night. Barry and Carrick played well together, Matty Upson shouldnt of even been in the team though really but he scored so llow him.

Carson is to flappy and is a shit decision maker, last night was Terrys fault aswell but i no this from when he was at Villa, Robinson should have started.

Keyser Söze
20th November '08, 04:06 PM
lol thats the rival talk typing there. You no Bent is a Premiership player mate.

Gabby played standard, used his pace well and was a threat, Downing played sick tbh, hes always flopped for England bar last night. Barry and Carrick played well together, Matty Upson shouldnt of even been in the team though really but he scored so llow him.

Carson is to flappy and is a shit decision maker, last night was Terrys fault aswell but i no this from when he was at Villa, Robinson should have started.

Or Robert Green, he's been on fire lately

Nine Bar
20th November '08, 04:17 PM
Or Robert Green, he's been on fire lately

And has been for years!
Dunno why he is never given a chance

Xtra P
20th November '08, 04:38 PM
Bent still has to prove himself imo

'nuum general
20th November '08, 07:56 PM
Bent still has to prove himself imo

for england yes, at prem level no. I think Harry can bring the best out of him

Pristine Condition
21st November '08, 12:53 AM

He's scored against Chelsea and Arsenal.

:dozey:

for england yes, at prem level no. I think Harry can bring the best out of him

Nail!!!

He has banged goals in since Harry arrived.

I like Bent, good player