PDA

View Full Version : Category A Games as an away supporter

Hij
22nd October '12, 11:04 PM
You should understand if you support any of Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea, Tottenham, Newcastle etc. When you travel to QPR for example, it is not a category A game for Tottenham, but the prices are inflated for the home fans and the away fans alike- but when QPR go to Tottenham, it's not a category A game and QPR pay less than the Tottenham fans did.

Essentially, there is a discrimination and if you do all the away games as a Man United fan, you will pay a vast amount more than a Southampton fan.

ITT we discuss if it's fair.

What are the options?

One idea is that there should be an agreed price between clubs, that both clubs charge for each fixture the same, so there is no disparity. So if Fulham come to Anfield and pay 44, when Liverpool go to Fulham, they pay 44.

Or another option is that a team has to set a price for its away tickets that it charges to all 19 teams who visit throughout the season- taking into account all factors.

The reason the disparity exists, is currently clubs can charge whatever they want for away supporters so long as it matches most of the ticket prices in the home end. Therefore when the 'big' clubs arrive, home teams charge home supporters more, but they also charge the away supporters more as well- therefore, every game a Man City fan goes to is a category A.

Karim Benzema
22nd October '12, 11:10 PM
is liverpool in catergory A OP?

cause if it is they need to fix that still lul

You should understand if you support any of Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea, Tottenham, Newcastle etc. When you travel to QPR for example, it is not a category A game for Tottenham, but the prices are inflated for the home fans and the away fans alike- but when QPR go to Tottenham, it's not a category A game and QPR pay less than the Tottenham fans did.

ITT we discuss if it's fair.

What are the options?

One idea is that there should be an agreed price between clubs, that both clubs charge for each fixture the same, so there is no disparity.

Or that a team has to set a price for its away tickets that it charges to all 19 teams who visit throughout the season.

this imo

but you cant blame them for doing that thought

if we are talking about QPR lets say QPR vs newcastle

they wont get as much people willing to come

but with a game like QPR vs chelsea its a big game for QPR fans so there will be more demand

its kinda like how sky sports only show the bests games of the saturday/sunday

dont think ive explained this well... but someone will probs explain it better in a later posts and ill just quote them with a "." and rep them

Clive Eboue
22nd October '12, 11:13 PM
50 to sit in QPR's council estate recreational park shit hole stadium last season :dead::dead: ffs.

LeBcfc
22nd October '12, 11:20 PM
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/554398_10151269180224804_1519895203_n.jpg

im still on the block tryna dodge extortion

Julio Cesar
23rd October '12, 07:33 AM
Getting away with under 16 tickets >>>>>>>>>>>
Going home and away >>>>>>>>>>

chris89
23rd October '12, 08:02 AM

I booked junior tickets for Newcastle away a couple of seasons back and they sent adult ones :)

not sure if I'd risk it now though, look young but definitely don't look 16 anymore

Jay
23rd October '12, 03:32 PM
You can say this for ticket prices in all sorts different recreations though. It's not just like this in football, it's the same for everything.

Clubs are there to make money, so it's essential they make use of supply and demand for pricing.

Hij
23rd October '12, 04:02 PM
Clubs are there to make money, so it's essential they make use of supply and demand for pricing.

The away fans will take up their allocation regardless. If you compare all the 19 away ticket prices that a West Brom fan will pay, and compare that to a Liverpool fan, it works out much, much less, and that shouldn't be how it takes place. And we aren't talking about other recreations, we're talking about following a football club by going to the matches.

I can't believe you'd advocate ripping away supporters off more, in a recession, because West Brom need to make money.

if we are talking about QPR lets say QPR vs newcastle

they wont get as much people willing to come

but with a game like QPR vs chelsea its a big game for QPR fans so there will be more demand

Nah, I understand that. Charge the home fans for category A games. There is no problem with category A charges for home fans if they only decide to watch the big games, they pay more, if they come along to the worse ones, they are cheaper. Even the Category A teams do that.

Look at Man United. They will fill that QPR allocation whatever, why should Man United fans pay the QPR 'category A' price, when to Man United fans it's a category C game.

For instance, when QPR go back up to Man United, it'll be a Category B/C game, and Man United can't charge more than the average price of a ticket they charge their home fans. When in reality, for the QPR fans travelling, it's a Category A game, and they should be ripped off, just like the Man United fans were at Loftus Road.

Jay
23rd October '12, 04:13 PM
The away fans will take up their allocation regardless. If you compare all the 19 away ticket prices that a West Brom fan will pay, and compare that to a Liverpool fan, it works out much, much less, and that shouldn't be how it takes place. And we aren't talking about other recreations, we're talking about following a football club by going to the matches.

I can't believe you'd advocate ripping away supporters off more, in a recession, because West Brom need to make money.

That would be fine, if every team had the same amount of fans and the same following, but they don't. If your club charged us higher then it would be them who lose out through a reduce in sales, they just wouldn't fill the seats. We sell out most weeks, so it's pretty safe to say the ticket prices are fine as they are.

Im lucky enough to follow a club that has been well for a number of years now, stuff like this is exactly the reason why we have a good financial model and haven't been blown out of the premiership my billionaire playboy owned clubs. They're small wins, but ticket pricing at the Hawthorns has always been great for us and Im not really bothered what away fans are charged, at the end of the day each club has to cater for their own fans first.

Hij
23rd October '12, 04:20 PM
That would be fine, if every team had the same amount of fans and the same following, but they don't. If your club charged us higher then it would be them who lose out through a reduce in sales, they just wouldn't fill the seats. We sell out most weeks, so it's pretty safe to say the ticket prices are fine as they are.

Im lucky enough to follow a club that has been well for a number of years now, stuff like this is exactly the reason why we have a good financial model and haven't been blown out of the premiership my billionaire playboy owned clubs. They're small wins, but ticket pricing at the Hawthorns has always been great for us and Im not really bothered what away fans are charged, at the end of the day each club has to cater for their own fans first.

I cannot disagree more.

That would be fine, if every team had the same amount of fans and the same following, but they don't. If your club charged us higher then it would be them who lose out through a reduce in sales, they just wouldn't fill the seats.
No, we lose out, because we charge less to our own supporters in order to fill the ground. This is why it is cheaper for you, not through a predicted reduce in sales because you wouldn't pay. Perhaps you don't quite grasp what I'm saying. It would be illegal for us to move the price up for away fans above the average we charge our own fans, even if we felt we could squeeze more out of the away support. That pretty much sorted the problem out in the past until more and more 'categories' of games were introduced.

It'll be changing soon anyway. What a selflish opinion you have though mate, fuck everybody else? These are all real people following their team around the country in a time where money is tight. It has nothing to do with billionaire fat cats, as I'm talking about fans of these clubs travelling AWAY to other clubs who take the revenue.

And I'm not talking about you selling out. I'm talking about the away fans arriving at the Hawthorns, who are paying for a "Category A" match, when it isn't at all. Because the home team charge their supporters more, it allows them to charge the away supporters more as the average price goes up. My point is that, Tottenham supporters shouldn't have to pay more one week later than the Norwich fans did the week before. Away matches should have a set price.

Josh
23rd October '12, 04:43 PM

got in for U18 at Exeter on Saturday, 5 lululul

Jay
23rd October '12, 09:38 PM
So your not pissed about paying more for tickets, your just pissed that we don't.

Jack 1017
24th October '12, 12:06 PM
Hij is it cheaper for you to see Liverpool play at the Emirates/Shite Hart/The Bridge then it is to see Liverpool at Anfield srs btw pls confirm bro bro

Hij
24th October '12, 01:29 PM
So your not pissed about paying more for tickets, your just pissed that we don't.
Lol allow being obtuse. I write several paragraphs and you are parring me off with a one liner? I don't mind what the away supporters pay at Anfield, I was just explaining how the rule about the average ticket price is a good one, but when categories of games were introduced, all category A club supporters are punished financially. I wasn't advocating charging more for West Brom at home at Anfield, just explaining that the price you pay at Anfield isn't a supply/demand issue for your supporters like you believed it was- it's based on what the home fans pay.

I've tried to make it not a Liverpool thing as well, see how many clubs I've mentioned.

I'll end on a statement then: I think any away fan in the Premier League who goes to all 19 games, should pay the same as any other- and to make it crystal clear, that goes for Manchester United fans at Anfield, when our prices go up for the home fans. The FFP are looking at it as well, so I was just gauging opinions. Your opinion seems to be fuck all other match going fans so long as you're alright, cool bro.

@Hij (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=1) is it cheaper for you to see Liverpool play at the Emirates/Shite Hart/The Bridge then it is to see Liverpool at Anfield srs btw pls confirm bro bro

Not only is it more expensive anyway, it's even more expensive because we are still a category A- although I know you're making a funny.

Pirate
24th October '12, 04:21 PM
Away tickets should be equal. Unfair for teams like Newcastle/Man Utd/City/Arsenal etc to pay more than Norwich/Wigan/WBA fans.

Hij
24th October '12, 04:28 PM
Why did I say FFP lol I'm going mad I meant FSF

Jay
24th October '12, 11:00 PM
I would expect fans of smaller clubs would generally have the same view as me, as in it doesn't really bother them that bigger clubs get charged more. If the day ever comes that we are classed as a class A game then Im sure those opinions would change.

Talking about a fan who goes to all 19 away games is something completely different imo, for financial fairness it would then be good if a premier league away season ticket as a whole could be purchased. Same for every fan, then each club would earn the same amount from those season ticket sales.