PDA

View Full Version : The official boxing thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Quality Control
10th September '08, 04:17 PM
..not enough boxing heads on here to get a thread going when anyone other than Khan or Hatton fights so i thought i'd make this for the few people who are interested in international boxing and shit... and if there's an official wrestling thread......

so is anyone gonna watch the Nate Campbell - Joan Guzman fight this Saturday??

i'd rather watch the Marquez fight but it ain't on British TV

Jay
10th September '08, 04:23 PM
You want this stickied?

Quality Control
10th September '08, 04:24 PM
You want this stickied?

depends if anyone ever posts in it

i can always just subscribe and bump when need be

i tell da truth
10th September '08, 04:33 PM
to be honest boxing is a dying sport now.

Quality Control
10th September '08, 04:36 PM
only according to MMA fanboys really

the lower weights are stacked

we've just reached the end of a golden era (90s to early 2000s) so it's bound to not be quite as good in comparison but there's still enough good fighters around and good fights to be made

heavyweight is the only dead part of boxing atm

Famous?
10th September '08, 04:43 PM
I think i'll watch Marquez via that site that has links to all streaming channels, what channel is Guzman on?

Quality Control
10th September '08, 04:46 PM
I think i'll watch Marquez via that site that has links to all streaming channels, what channel is Guzman on?

Setanta

i'm gonna watch that fight just because i have setanta and it'd be silly to be squinting at my computer screen at 4am when i could be relaxing in front of the TV

both fights should be interesting though... hard to predict who'll win

i'm gonna go for Guzman and Marquez winning UD's though...

Quality Control
13th September '08, 01:43 PM
Guzman weighed in 3 pounds over the limit so now Campbell's titles aren't on the line

Jay05
13th September '08, 02:29 PM
only according to MMA fanboys really

the lower weights are stacked

we've just reached the end of a golden era (90s to early 2000s) so it's bound to not be quite as good in comparison but there's still enough good fighters around and good fights to be made

heavyweight is the only dead part of boxing atm

boxing is still alive, but its an effort to watch fights without sky

Quality Control
13th September '08, 02:49 PM
Setanta are the saviours of boxing in Britain

no PPV's (yet)... everything is included in the monthly subscription fee unlike with Sky Sports, and they have pretty much monopolised the top class international boxing scene

Jay05
13th September '08, 02:59 PM
Setanta are the saviours of boxing in Britain

no PPV's (yet)... everything is included in the monthly subscription fee unlike with Sky Sports, and they have pretty much monopolised the top class international boxing scene

true

i might buy one of those hard drive free view boxes as u get setanta for a year for 20

Quality Control
14th September '08, 02:40 AM
Guzman fight canceled smh

link for the Marquez fight here: http://www.justin.tv/myboxingfans

Quality Control
14th September '08, 02:49 PM
JMM put on a masterclass

smh@anyone who thinks Calzaghe is better than him p4p

Quality Control
4th October '08, 08:17 PM
boxing on ITV4 in about half an hour

Sheff.Steel
4th October '08, 08:30 PM
You want this stickied?

Only if someone gifs up a pic of Khans knockout punch.

EDIT : Whos fighting on ITV4 tonight?

Quality Control
4th October '08, 08:35 PM
Jon Thaxton for the European title... don't know who's on the undercard but ITV Big Fight Live is usually good for keeping up with the British scene

Quality Control
4th October '08, 08:37 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/fbaj35.gif
http://i37.tinypic.com/afhdg4.gif
http://i33.tinypic.com/5mg8k6.gif
http://i34.tinypic.com/2colwtk.gif

Joe
4th October '08, 08:54 PM
whos fighting tonight mate?

Jay05
4th October '08, 09:06 PM
Jon Thaxton for the European title... don't know who's on the undercard but ITV Big Fight Live is usually good for keeping up with the British scene

whos fighting tonight mate?

idiot

Joe
4th October '08, 09:12 PM
ok thanks, i ment ITV4 though

BG1
4th October '08, 09:15 PM
is Kimbo fighting on ITV?

Trapstar
4th October '08, 10:52 PM
locked in.

Trapstar
4th October '08, 11:01 PM
ko

Quality Control
4th October '08, 11:15 PM
Thaxton a big man

TRU_G
5th October '08, 05:21 PM
Thaxton showed form yesterday, some hefty punches, Melero might as well not turned up. Cant help but feeling if the fight lasted longer it would have had a different outcome, Thaxton dont look like he can dance around a ring for 12 rounds like its nothing

How old is he anyway?

Quality Control
5th October '08, 05:23 PM
i think a commentator said he was 34 yesterday

he deserves the title though, considering his career up until now

Quality Control
5th October '08, 05:27 PM
was surprised to see Herbie Hide fighting yesterday... he ain't gonna get a title shot though, or will at least lose if he does

man's been around forever

Quality Control
5th October '08, 05:32 PM
also, Juanma Lopez and Yuri Gamboa both fought and won impressively last night (supposedly, i ain't seen the fights yet)

Lopez looks to be the real deal, one of the hardest p4p punchers around

Xtra P
5th October '08, 05:47 PM
So Q, whats your opinion on Mosley, you think he should go out on a high & retire after his lucky win against Mayorga, or you think he should carry on?

Quality Control
5th October '08, 05:53 PM
looks like the Cotto fight took a bit out of him and age is finally catching up to him

i don't think fighting Margarito like has been rumoured would be too clever now, or any of the top 4 or 5 welterweights either... there are a couple names i could see him still beating though

i wanna see him fight Andre Berto (be good to measure just how good Berto is too), Vernon Forrest, Sergio Mora, Oscar De La Hoya (unlikely i know) or maybe even Collazo, i'd give him a good chance against all of them, personally... but he's definitely a shadow of his former self now

EDIT: even Felix Trinidad too actually, he's making a comeback at light middleweight supposedly

THOR!
5th October '08, 05:57 PM
I have just found this thread. I hope to be a regular.

Xtra P
5th October '08, 06:10 PM
looks like the Cotto fight took a bit out of him and age is finally catching up to him

i don't think fighting Margarito like has been rumoured would be too clever now, or any of the top 4 or 5 welterweights either... there are a couple names i could see him still beating though

i wanna see him fight Andre Berto (be good to measure just how good Berto is too), Vernon Forrest, Sergio Mora, Oscar De La Hoya (unlikely i know) or maybe even Collazo, i'd give him a good chance against all of them, personally... but he's definitely a shadow of his former self now

Yeah i'd like to see him fight Berto, Forbes gave him a fight so it would be interesting to see how he handles Mosley.

Mosley is one of my favourite boxers, in his prime he was a beast.

Quality Control
5th October '08, 06:13 PM
Mosley is one of my favourite boxers, in his prime he was a beast.

yeah same, i always liked his boxing style

Berto was headlining the undercard of the Mosley fight weren't he, maybe a fight between the two isn't so far out of the realm of possibility after all

i completely forgot about the Forbes fight

Quality Control
5th October '08, 06:16 PM
I have just found this thread. I hope to be a regular.

state ya favourite boxers b

Jay05
5th October '08, 06:50 PM
Haye left the cruiserweight division empty

cud see hide at least getting a shot at one of the vacant belts

Quality Control
5th October '08, 06:51 PM
they were talking about Mormeck... he's past-it too, but i think he'd handle Hide relatively easily judging on both of their previous fights

G.P
5th October '08, 07:14 PM
He wouldn't beat Maccarinelli let alone Haye.

TRU_G
5th October '08, 07:45 PM
state ya favourite boxers b

TZHIo5ylQA8

Middlewieght is my favourite division

Quality Control
5th October '08, 08:03 PM
what do you think about the current middleweight situation? pretty poor overall

you buy into the Pavlik hype? you like Abraham?

Xtra P
5th October '08, 08:06 PM

Pavlik is too open, he ships to many punches, a hard hitter would end him imho

Quality Control
5th October '08, 08:17 PM
Pavlik is too open, he ships to many punches, a hard hitter would end him imho

so you think Abraham could beat him?

TRU_G
5th October '08, 08:22 PM

Pavlik is a very good boxer, I aint even going to lie, his first fight I ever watched was the Taylor bout and he done a terrific job in that match

He will tear Hopkins to pieces in a few weeks still

I aint really seen much of Abraham to comment on him, just buffering his fight with Elcock on Youtube now

Quality Control
5th October '08, 08:29 PM
if Hopkins wasn't so old he would dismantle Pavlik, he has(had) all the tools to school him... he would do him worse than he did Tito

however he's just too old now, he'll succumb to Pavlik's high pressure and work-rate and lose to a UD, although i'm hoping he can pull of the upset and retire on a high... he is certainly a live underdog

Xtra P
5th October '08, 08:35 PM
so you think Abraham could beat him?

Quite possibly it would be a sick fight!

TRU_G
5th October '08, 08:46 PM
if Hopkins wasn't so old he would dismantle Pavlik, he has(had) all the tools to school him... he would do him worse than he did Tito

however he's just too old now, he'll succumb to Pavlik's high pressure and work-rate and lose to a clear UD or late TKO, although i'm hoping he can pull of the upset and retire on a high... he is certainly a live underdog

Oh yeah I understand if it was when Hopkins was fighting fit it would a joke fixture

But IMO Hopkins is way past it, he should have retired after the Calzaghe fight

quality
5th October '08, 08:59 PM
Oh yeah I understand if it was when Hopkins was fighting fit it would a joke fixture

But IMO Hopkins is way past it, he should have retired after the Calzaghe fight

It's not like Calzaghe dominated him though, Hopkins still has something to offer and is still a big money draw.

Jay05
5th October '08, 09:35 PM

hopkins outfought taylor in the later stages of both fights he was just to old / unfit to go 12 full rounds

not sure if pavlik can gain the weight properly for the fight

if pavlik is willing to step up to that weight, then calzaghe shud of fought pavlik and not ducked out and fought jones

Joe
5th October '08, 10:04 PM
dying sport

Quality Control
5th October '08, 10:42 PM
hopkins outfought taylor in the later stages of both fights he was just to old / unfit to go 12 full rounds

not sure if pavlik can gain the weight properly for the fight

if pavlik is willing to step up to that weight, then calzaghe shud of fought pavlik and not ducked out and fought jones

Roy's time is running out and Calzaghe wants a ATG's scalp on his record, i believe he'll fight Pavlik afterwards though (so long as they both get past their next opponents), it makes sense that he would fight Roy first

Joe's had a tough run of fights, considering he's past his prime... Mikkel Kessler and Bernard Hopkins in a row (two fights he could very well have lost), and Jones is a slight step down before fighting another very dangerous opponent in Pavlik

Jones is still a live underdog though and some knowledgeable pundits are tipping him to cause an upset, i think it's just like the Pavlik - Hopkins fight though, as in Jones has all the tools to punish Calzaghe, but may just be too old to utilise his advantages

Quality Control
5th October '08, 10:46 PM
also i'm of the belief that Hopkins hasn't lost since he fought Jones Jr.

some very arguable decisions

Trapstar
5th October '08, 11:49 PM
I didnt know hopkins was fighting pavlik i will be watching that definately probably be a ugly fight though..

Quality Control
5th October '08, 11:51 PM
I didnt know hopkins was fighting pavlik i will be watching that definately probably be a ugly fight though..

i don't think it'll be as ugly as the Calzaghe - Hopkins fight, as those two are both spoilers and very ring-smart

also Pavlik is quite rangy

Jay05
6th October '08, 12:09 AM
Jones is still a live underdog though and some knowledgeable pundits are tipping him to cause an upset, i think it's just like the Pavlik - Hopkins fight though, as in Jones has all the tools to punish Calzaghe, but may just be too old to utilise his advantages

jones is seriously past his best his prime

calzaghe is gettin on but has the work rate to win on points and will unless he get caught

will be placing large money on calzaghe points

the longer calzaghe leaves pavlik the more dangerous he will become

Quality Control
6th October '08, 12:14 AM
jones is seriously past his best his prime

calzaghe is gettin on but has the work rate to win on points and will unless he get caught

will be placing large money on calzaghe points

the longer calzaghe leaves pavlik the more dangerous he will become

Calzaghe's main weapon now his hands are so fragile is his work-rate, that is also the first thing a boxer loses to age... age could creep up on him any day now

Jones is a shadow of his former self, but in his prime he was so great, even operating at 50% he's still dangerous

he has hand-speed, precision in punches and power advantages over Joe, and Hopkins showed that Joe is vulnerable to straight rights and counters, who better to capitalise on that than Jones Jr??

all said and done though, i would put money on Joe to win a points decision too... i just think people underestimate Jones' stylistic advantages for this fight

Trapstar
6th October '08, 12:24 AM
We will see if pavliks search and destroy style is gonna be effective with hopkins.
Im gonna go with pavlik on points because hopkins hasnt impressed me recently.
(fighting to dirty)me personaly i appreciate the science and dont wanna see holding and butting

Quality Control
6th October '08, 12:28 AM
man if you appreciate the science you gotta appreciate Hopkins

wiliest muhfucker to have ever stepped foot inside the ring, his defensive subtleties are bested only by Mayweather Jr and Willie Pep... yeah, he's slowed down with age but who doesn't?

Hopkins the type of fighter that separates boxing from that MMA nonsense

Jay05
6th October '08, 12:32 AM
i thinking the decision to choose jones over pavlik was purely a cash decision

if calzaghe wins he has beaten a washed up great, if he loses he never was that good

if calzaghe does want to fight pavlik, then he shud of taken the earliest opportunity. pavlik will only improve over the next year and allow him to bulk up if he is gonna move to super middle, whereas joe can only maintain his current ability at best

Jay05
6th October '08, 12:34 AM

wiliest muhfucker to have ever stepped foot inside the ring, his defensive subtleties are bested only by Mayweather Jr and Willie Pep... yeah, he's slowed down with age but who doesn't?

Hopkins the type of fighter that separates boxing from that MMA nonsense

i used to

but he lost to taylor by going slow at the start of the fight, even though he exposed him for a lack of class

then repeated it at the second attempt. calzaghe was always a fight he shud of took 3 years ago and he would of won

Trapstar
6th October '08, 12:34 AM
Calzaghe's main weapon now his hands are so fragile is his work-rate, that is also the first thing a boxer loses to age... age could creep up on him any day now

Jones is a shadow of his former self, but in his prime he was so great, even operating at 50% he's still dangerous

he has hand-speed, precision in punches and power advantages over Joe, and Hopkins showed that Joe is vulnerable to straight rights and counters, who better to capitalise on that than Jones Jr??

all said and done though, i would put money on Joe to win a points decision too... i just think people underestimate Jones' stylistic advantages for this fight
The thing about roy jones is when he was in his prime he had ridiculous speed,counters,and reactions now hes older he cant relie on that and if im not mistaken his last fight was against felix trinidad and he was using a high guard which i dont think works to well for him i think calazhage may outscore him with 'slaps'

Trapstar
6th October '08, 12:39 AM

Hopkins the type of fighter that separates boxing from that MMA nonsensehave utmost respect for his skills but from what i saw from the calazhage fight i was not impressedphATN3XWbwA

Quality Control
6th October '08, 12:40 AM
i thinking the decision to choose jones over pavlik was purely a cash decision

if calzaghe wins he has beaten a washed up great, if he loses he never was that good

if calzaghe does want to fight pavlik, then he shud of taken the earliest opportunity. pavlik will only improve over the next year and allow him to bulk up if he is gonna move to super middle, whereas joe can only maintain his current ability at best

i think Joe's more concerned with legacy than money at this point to be honest

think about it... when you look at Marciano, do you remember him for beating Moore/Walcott or for not fighting Patterson/Liston?... and Pavlik is no where near as great as Patterson/Liston, and Moore/Walcott aren't as big a name as Roy Jones Jr

Quality Control
6th October '08, 12:42 AM
have utmost respect for his skills but from what i saw from the calazhage fight i was not impressed

he was 42 at the time, give him a break lol

Calzaghe was barely any better than Hopkins anyway

S Dot Beatz.
6th October '08, 12:50 AM
OSCAR DE LA HOYA

vs

MANNY PACQUIAO

guna be big

Jay05
6th October '08, 12:53 AM
i think Joe's more concerned with legacy than money at this point to be honest

think about it... when you look at Marciano, do you remember him for beating Moore/Walcott or for not fighting Patterson/Liston?... and Pavlik is no where near as great as Patterson/Liston, and Moore/Walcott aren't as big a name as Roy Jones Jr

its a fair point

but ur last 2 fights against a 42 yr old and a 39 yr old isnt it

main point is calzaghe has had years to try and get a big fight and he has left it to late

hopkins had been beaten twice by taylor
jones twice by tarver

Trapstar
6th October '08, 12:53 AM
OSCAR DE LA HOYA

vs

MANNY PACQUIAO

guna be bigi need to catch up wtf at what weight?

Quality Control
6th October '08, 12:56 AM
its a fair point

but ur last 2 fights against a 42 yr old and a 39 yr old isnt it

main point is calzaghe has had years to try and get a big fight and he has left it to late

hopkins had been beaten twice by taylor
jones twice by tarver

yeah i know, i can just see where Joe is coming from is all

these details tend to get lost in time, and the name and W next to it are all that matters

i think the Jones - Calzaghe fight will be entertaining so i aint gonna complain about it... also cos it's two of my favourite fighters of all time going head to head

Trapstar
6th October '08, 01:00 AM
he was 42 at the time, give him a break lol

calzaghe was barely any better than hopkins anywayfair enough i watched the fight months ago during my lunchbreak in poor quality
(any links for fight videos stage6 aint working no more)

Quality Control
6th October '08, 01:01 AM
worldboxingarchive

torrent site, you gotta seed though or they ban you quick as fuck

i'm banned currently, i need to rejoin

Jay05
6th October '08, 01:05 AM
yeah should be good

Haye taking Monte Barrett on on the 15th of november shud be a decent fight

hes not doing an audley anyway

Trapstar
6th October '08, 01:08 AM
worldboxingarchive

torrent site, you gotta seed though or they ban you quick as fuck

i'm banned currently, i need to rejoin
safe signing up to this now

Quality Control
6th October '08, 01:12 AM
*checking sig*

Quality Control
6th October '08, 01:21 AM
i might put something on Pacman beating Oscar you know... i got a good feeling

Jay05
6th October '08, 01:26 AM
i have already backed pacman

the weight maybe an issue but oscar is a business man now

Quality Control
6th October '08, 01:29 AM
yeah... i'm thinking oscar might be drained making welterweight too, it's the weight issue that no one has touched upon it seems

he hasn't made welter in years

Trapstar
6th October '08, 01:32 AM
signup failed *pissed*

Jay05
6th October '08, 01:41 AM
yeah... i'm thinking oscar might be drained making welterweight too, it's the weight issue that no one has touched upon it seems

he hasn't made welter in years

he made super welterweight v mayweather which apparently took a lot to do, so losing another 7 pounds is a lot

if pacman wins im sure he will fight hatton next

Quality Control
6th October '08, 02:01 AM
if pacman wins im sure he will fight hatton next

yeah... it's a shame really cos Lightweight is stacked, i wanna see him fight some of them guys

not to mention complete the trilogy with Marquez and determine who's best for once and for all

Quality Control
7th October '08, 09:14 PM
looks like Mosley - Margarito for January is a probable fight

not a good idea for Shane... fearless though, hope he wins

Xtra P
7th October '08, 09:17 PM
Alot of boxers just don't know when to quit but I hope he wins then calls it a D.A.Y!

Quality Control
7th October '08, 09:22 PM
i think he has a chance if he shows up like he did for the Cotto fight... and he won't be dumb enough to fight for the KO like Cotto did against Margarito... i dunno, maybe he can win this... might even be worth putting a little bit of money on Shane getting a decision

Ida Kyoya
9th October '08, 04:49 PM
Margarito aint losing to Mosley. Shane just about beat Mayorga who is a poor mans Antonio.

Quality Control
11th October '08, 06:54 PM
in what way is Mayorga a poor man's Margarito?

big night of boxing tonight on Setanta, Vitali Klitschko vs Samuel Peter then Bad Chad Dawson vs Antonio Tarver

i got Peter by KO and Dawson by UD or SD

Quality Control
11th October '08, 11:32 PM
i got Peter by KO

:dead:

Trapstar
12th October '08, 01:45 AM
in what way is Mayorga a poor man's Margarito?

big night of boxing tonight on Setanta, Vitali Klitschko vs Samuel Peter then Bad Chad Dawson vs Antonio Tarver

i got Peter by KO and Dawson by UD or SD

any links to this?

Quality Control
12th October '08, 01:48 AM
i'm sure there is somewhere, but i'm watching it on tv..... if i come across any i'll post em though

Trapstar
12th October '08, 01:50 AM
safe.just saw the kliko entrance its alot.

Trapstar
12th October '08, 01:53 AM
are dawson and tarver are fighting in a few mins?

Quality Control
12th October '08, 01:55 AM
are dawson and tarver are fighting in a few mins?

i'm not sure when the main event starts, but the program on setanta starts in 5 mins

Quality Control
12th October '08, 01:56 AM
http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=20663&part=sports
has all the links

http://www.justin.tv/sportinwood
is always a good quality stream
never had any problems with it

*copy + pasted so i dunno how good the links are/if they work or whatever*

Trapstar
12th October '08, 02:00 AM
just seen them on boxing scene still safe.

Alfie
12th October '08, 02:47 AM
Klitschko was decent tonight

Would Haye beat him? Hmm

Quality Control
12th October '08, 02:49 AM
peter didn't exactly put up much resistance... the setanta crew were getting a little ahead of themselves post-fight

then again i dont think the monte barett fight will be enough for us to determine whether haye will do anything major at heavyweight either

Alfie
12th October '08, 02:51 AM
peter didn't exactly put up much resistance... the setanta crew were getting a little ahead of themselves post-fight

then again i dont think the monte barett fight will be enough for us to determine whether haye will do anything major at heavyweight either

Peter was terrible tonight

Quality Control
12th October '08, 02:53 AM
shouldnt have allowed open scoring either, i would have liked to see Peter KO'd and possibly brain damaged :yes:

Trapstar
12th October '08, 02:53 AM
Klitschko was decent tonight

Would Haye beat him? Hmm hes looking to fight wlad not vitali:dead:

Alfie
12th October '08, 02:55 AM
hes looking to fight wlad not vitali:dead:

Vlad is more the "legend" so to speak

Quality Control
12th October '08, 02:56 AM
hes looking to fight wlad not vitali:dead:

yeah they were talking about him fighting Vitali instead if Povetkin beats Wlad though

Trapstar
12th October '08, 02:56 AM
Vlad is more the "legend" so to speakclearly

Alfie
12th October '08, 02:59 AM
clearly

Who was you before?

Trapstar
12th October '08, 03:07 AM
online chimp
and im going for dawson

Alfie
12th October '08, 03:09 AM
online chimp
and im going for dawson unanimous decision

o kl
Tarver TKO

Trapstar
12th October '08, 04:08 AM
Good fight first time seeing chad dawson he looked good in there i scored it
10-2 (TARVER WINNING ROUND 3 AND ROUND 6)
tarver looked real tired in there no snap on his punches

Quality Control
12th October '08, 04:08 AM
Tarver looked old

perfect time to retire now, and he went out like a champ... showed heart in round 12

Quality Control
12th October '08, 04:09 AM
Dawson is definitely beatable, but i don't think there's really anyone around to beat him

Trapstar
12th October '08, 04:32 AM
http://www.justin.tv/clip/5ccb037ca78
round of the peter fight

Quality Control
18th October '08, 12:43 PM
Pavlik - Hopkins tonight! i'm hyped...

c'mon B Hop

Cooks
18th October '08, 02:08 PM
Pavlik - Hopkins tonight! i'm hyped...

c'mon B Hop

Hopefully Hopkins will win

Pavlik unbeaten aint he?

Quality Control
18th October '08, 02:13 PM
..yeah, although i personally woulda given the Taylor rematch to Taylor

Cooks
18th October '08, 02:27 PM
only seen highlights of that fight
i'd of said Pavlik deserved to win that

Quality Control
18th October '08, 02:55 PM
it was close... i can see why they gave it to Pavlik, because he was busier, but i thought Taylor was more effective... and if he hadn't been so shook to pull the trigger he could have destroyed Pavlik

Trapstar
18th October '08, 06:11 PM
oh shit i forgot about this i will be watching this what time is it starting ? two of my favourite fighters im mad excited

Jay05
18th October '08, 07:46 PM
is justin tv the best place to stream boxing

if not i will download it 2moro and watch it then

Quality Control
18th October '08, 07:51 PM
oh shit i forgot about this i will be watching this what time is it starting ? two of my favourite fighters im mad excited

i think the main event starts at 4:15... haven't looked into the undercard, dunno if it's worth watching

Pavlik annoys me, i want B Hop to end the hype... but i think he's just too old to pull it off

BG1
18th October '08, 07:56 PM
this on sertanta? might just sky+ it and fast forward untill a ko.

Trapstar
18th October '08, 08:03 PM
i think the main event starts at 4:15... haven't looked into the undercard, dunno if it's worth watching

Pavlik annoys me, i want B Hop to end the hype... but i think he's just too old to pull it off

I rate pavlik still but hes going down at least once.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2008/04/20/majfighters_wideweb__470x348,0.jpg

Quality Control
18th October '08, 08:06 PM
I rate pavlik still but hes going down at least once.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2008/04/20/majfighters_wideweb__470x348,0.jpg

i dunno... in theory Hopkins should be able to counter him even easier than he did Calzaghe, and also Pavlik's chin isn't as strong as Calzaghe's... but i don't think it's gonna happen somehow...i think the first 6 rounds'll be very close, with Hopkins maybe edging it, then Pavlik will overwhelm him for the second half of the fight and win a comfortable UD...

Eric Cantona
18th October '08, 08:06 PM
Sentana doing alot, will watch the replay tomorrow

Jay05
18th October '08, 09:37 PM
i dunno... in theory Hopkins should be able to counter him even easier than he did Calzaghe, and also Pavlik's chin isn't as strong as Calzaghe's... but i don't think it's gonna happen somehow...i think the first 6 rounds'll be very close, with Hopkins maybe edging it, then Pavlik will overwhelm him for the second half of the fight and win a comfortable UD...

There is no way hopkins can win every round

but if he is smart he might be able to pick off Pavlik

I can only see a KO for hopkins to win it, rounds 10 on when Hopkins knows this should be better than the rest of the fight

Quality Control
18th October '08, 11:35 PM
I can only see a KO for hopkins to win it, rounds 10 on when Hopkins knows this should be better than the rest of the fight

it'll be like the Tarver - Dawson fight though, where he will just be too tired/old to "execute" him so to speak

Jay05
18th October '08, 11:39 PM
it'll be like the Tarver - Dawson fight though, where he will just be too tired/old to "execute" him so to speak

i got 50 quid on Pavlik points

although with the step up in weight, u can get 7/1 on hopkins ko and 26/1 on the draw

Quality Control
18th October '08, 11:47 PM
my head says pavlik will win, my heart says hopkins no homo

Jay05
19th October '08, 12:04 AM
my head says pavlik will win, my heart says hopkins no homo

i lost a lot of respect for Hopkins after the 2nd Taylor fight

He clearly was more talented and let Taylor win the 1st with a sloppy start, then made the same mistake in the rematch.

Calzaghe was a bit of an Embarrassment too, more the way Hopkins acted after rather than during the fight.

Quality Control
19th October '08, 12:07 AM
i think it's fair to complain about the calzaghe decision, i had hopkins up by 1 or 2 points

i got a lot of respect for b hop... one of my favourite fighters ever... his ring smarts are second to none... and i want him to go out on a high note

Jay05
19th October '08, 12:18 AM
i think it's fair to complain about the calzaghe decision, i had hopkins up by 1 or 2 points

i got a lot of respect for b hop... one of my favourite fighters ever... his ring smarts are second to none... and i want him to go out on a high note

Judges reward work rate

Hopkins didnt work hard enough to win

Quality Control
19th October '08, 12:22 AM
Judges reward work rate

Hopkins didnt work hard enough to win

Clean punching - Hopkins
Effective aggressiveness - Hopkins
Ring generalship - toss up
Defense - Hopkins

work rate sways judges a lot but it's not officially part of the criteria

Jay05
19th October '08, 12:30 AM
Clean punching - Hopkins
Effective aggressiveness - Hopkins
Ring generalship - toss up
Defense - Hopkins

work rate sways judges a lot but it's not officially part of the criteria
ALL THE BIG FIGHT STATS
CompuBox punch statistics
Bernard Hopkins Joe Calzaghe

468 total punches thrown 707
127 total punches connected 232
27 percentage 33
93 jabs hrown 224
11 jabs connected 45
12 percentage 20
375 power punches thrown 483
116 power punches connected 187
31 percentage 39

Whilst Calzaghe does clip opponents (or slap) he has a higher percentage of punches landed than Hopkins with every punch

Hopkins was not aggressive enough in that fight. He should of learnt after the Taylor fights that he has to throw more punches

Quality Control
19th October '08, 12:34 AM
c'mon you know you can't take compubox numbers for gospel... what they class as landing i dont necessarily... a large portion of them 232 skimmed b hop or hit leather

and he doesn't throw punches because he can't at this point, he fights economically to reserve energy and even then he's gassing by the final rounds

Jay05
19th October '08, 12:47 AM
c'mon you know you can't take compubox numbers for gospel... what they class as landing i dont necessarily... a large portion of them 232 skimmed b hop or hit leather

and he doesn't throw punches because he can't at this point, he fights economically to reserve energy and even then he's gassing by the final rounds

yeah exactly

he took the timeout off the low blow to get his breath back

if he cant fight 12 then he should fight fo a KO or give up

he has nothing left to prove

Trapstar
19th October '08, 05:38 AM
wow boxing lesson is all i can say talking to him like a little boy after >>>>>>>>

Quality Control
19th October '08, 05:45 AM
hahahahaha why am i such a pessimist????? i shoulda had more faith

Jay05
19th October '08, 11:20 AM
Wow

i was really wrong

gonna download fight and watch it

Trapstar
19th October '08, 12:43 PM
Wow

i was really wrong

gonna download fight and watch it
link? I need to see that again that was a walk in the park for bhop complete domination wow hard slick combos hitting him with the right hand at will, im surprised he didnt drop him when he had the chance overall=Boxing lesson

Alfie
19th October '08, 02:41 PM
I was right, as always. B-Hop is a legend. Pavlik is just any white guy.

[B-Hop] Ill never be beat by a white boy [/B-hop]

O wait

Quality Control
19th October '08, 03:33 PM
[B-Hop] Ill never be beat by a white boy [/B-hop]

O wait

nah he beat Calzaghe too... he was robbed

Hopkins = :crown:

i never liked Pavlik but i thought more of him than that! i guess i was caught in the hype too... he had no answers at all, i mean you can't expect him to beat a Hopkins on form like that, but you should expect him to make a fight of it... hopefully Abraham knocks him out soon and deads that hypejob for once and for all

if B Hop had had just a little more gas in the tank he woulda floored Pavlik in that final round for sure

Xtra P
19th October '08, 04:12 PM
B Hop is something else, for him to be fighting like this at his age is remarkable, definetly one of the best that ever did it!

Quality Control
19th October '08, 05:20 PM
i think that fight places him ahead of Mayweather and Roy Jones as the greatest of this era

Eric Cantona
19th October '08, 05:42 PM
nah he beat Calzaghe too... he was robbed

Truth, when i watched that fight he won it clear for everyone to see

I was glad Calzague won it though

Quality Control
19th October '08, 05:46 PM
Truth, when i watched that fight he won it clear for everyone to see

I was glad Calzague won it though

i like both of those fighters a lot so i was just annoyed that the one who deserved it didn't win

this Hopkins win over Pavlik definitely helps Calzaghe's resume though... and means Joe doesn't have to fight Pavlik (although there is no doubt in my mind that he would beat Pavlik in a similar, if less impressive, fashion as Hopkins now)

i wonder who Calzaghe will fight after(if) he beats Roy now...

BG1
19th October '08, 05:57 PM
12 rounds and won a UD.

yawn

Xtra P
19th October '08, 09:43 PM
loool

Quality Control
19th October '08, 10:06 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03qM1LP4cJd6o/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0f4v9tm6G0c6H/340x.jpg

Trapstar
19th October '08, 10:32 PM
I do a bit of boxing (sparring in a real boxing gym) and i tried to ignore black gerbils comments because it is clear you are one of those breahs who just wants a ko
boxing is called a science for a reason so please gtfo!
bring on the jones vs calzhage!

link to the download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1XRPNSCG

The Egghead
19th October '08, 11:59 PM
Just clocked this thread, I used to be well into my boxing, was training for a while until I had to quit because of this cyst on my eye, I never went back after. Thinking of doin private lessons again when i'm working again.

Jay
20th October '08, 10:36 AM
Boxing thread now back to boxing.

Trapstar
20th October '08, 05:56 PM
Nice

Jay05
20th October '08, 11:08 PM
i wonder who Calzaghe will fight after(if) he beats Roy now...

unless he fights dawson

which would be a risk

then i can see him retiring

i can see calzaghe beating jones but really struggling if Jones is in shape

Quality Control
20th October '08, 11:23 PM
unless he fights dawson

which would be a risk

then i can see him retiring

i can see calzaghe beating jones but really struggling if Jones is in shape

i think Dawson has the style to handle any light heavy at the moment, including Calzaghe and B Hop

i guess the Hopkins win may force Joe into retirement... unless he is stupid enough to take a rematch with B Hop, but he spoke out and said he wouldn't want to already

and i can see Jones giving Calzaghe real problems until the late rounds, where he will run out of gas and fold... possible TKO business, more likely a decision though as Jones's punches probably still pack enough to keep JC off him

Jay05
20th October '08, 11:47 PM
i think Dawson has the style to handle any light heavy at the moment, including Calzaghe and B Hop

i guess the Hopkins win may force Joe into retirement... unless he is stupid enough to take a rematch with B Hop, but he spoke out and said he wouldn't want to already

and i can see Jones giving Calzaghe real problems until the late rounds, where he will run out of gas and fold... possible TKO business, more likely a decision though as Jones's punches probably still pack enough to keep JC off him

Im looking forward to this fight ALot

if Calzaghe fights like normal, then Jones could go to work. Im thinking maybe a split decision to Calzaghe. Although my thinking on it changes weekly

want to see the big fight countdown and see what Jones is looking like

Cooks
21st October '08, 02:30 AM
Anybody think Haye has got a chance against Barrett?

Quality Control
21st October '08, 02:13 PM
yeah man he needs to blow Barrett out the ring

if he loses then lol@britain's so called golden era in boxing

Jay05
21st October '08, 06:34 PM
Haye needs to put on a stone or 2 before he can challenge the big boys

will be interesting to see if he can KO or at least damage an 18 stone + fighter

Cooks
21st October '08, 10:18 PM
I was thinking in comparison of size, Haye looks much smaller than Barrett.

It will be a good fight, be a tough fight for Haye though

Quality Control
21st October '08, 10:22 PM
It will be a good fight, be a tough fight for Haye though

it shouldn't be if he's the real deal...

Jay05
22nd October '08, 09:24 PM
it shouldn't be if he's the real deal...

still it is his first fight at Heavyweight

He could of picked some1 worse.

quality
22nd October '08, 10:18 PM
He said he wants to retire young. Better doing it this way than the way Harrison tried it and fighting complete nobodies.

Quality Control
22nd October '08, 11:51 PM
i would prefer if he fought James Toney

i think Toney might have pulled it out the bag and schooled him even now

Jay05
23rd October '08, 07:32 PM
Random but

9nVy3hkcQuI

from 2 mins 30 onwards

how upset Eubank gets at Toney's comment

Quality Control
26th October '08, 07:00 PM
lol@how smarmy Jonathon Ross looks in that video

Toney is one of the funniest fuckers in boxing... behind maybe Mayorga

jSmiC0knRL4

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 12:59 AM
Showtime Card (Mijares vs Darchinyan)
http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=22685&part=sports
http://www.justin.tv/sportinwood

Top Rank PPV Card (Donaire vs Arce and Chavez Jr's fight)
http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=22956&part=sports
http://www.justin.tv/ltvnman101

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 01:11 AM
vanes martirosyan is sick :ohmy:

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 03:13 AM
yo the mijares fight is mad!

Darch had him down already

EDIT: shit Mijares KO'd :ohmy::ohmy:

Cooks
2nd November '08, 03:47 AM
just locked in for the Donaire fight

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 03:51 AM
Donaire should be on the top 10 p4p list

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 03:53 AM
http://teampilipinas.info/2008/11/nonito-donaire-vs-moruti-mthalane-free.html

link i'm using btw

Cooks
2nd November '08, 03:56 AM
Donaire should be on the top 10 p4p list

i'd say he would be #10

what was all that ku fung shit on the stream then?

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 03:57 AM
what was all that ku fung shit on the stream then?

dunno i was looking at the forum

heard the commentators mention something like that tho... is it good now?

Cooks
2nd November '08, 03:57 AM
http://teampilipinas.info/2008/11/nonito-donaire-vs-moruti-mthalane-free.html

link i'm using btw

using the same one on justin.tv

Cooks
2nd November '08, 03:58 AM
dunno i was looking at the forum

heard the commentators mention something like that tho... is it good now?

yeah back to the fight now, it was a good knockout kick who ever it was lol

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 03:59 AM
i tried justin.tv and the quality was whack

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 03:59 AM
i'd say he would be #10

i guess he should take Mijares's place

Anonymous
2nd November '08, 04:01 AM
Lies

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 04:01 AM
what just happened? i wasnt looking

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 04:02 AM
argh fuck, my computer's resetting!!! fucking windows updates

Cooks
2nd November '08, 04:05 AM
Ref stopped it because of a cut on the eye on Arce

Donaire Won

Cooks
2nd November '08, 04:06 AM
bad decision imo by Cortez

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 04:09 AM
okay back in business just in time

cortez is a fucking twat

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 04:09 AM
whoa i thought Vanda was Mikkel Kessler for a second

Cooks
2nd November '08, 04:12 AM
whoa i thought Vanda was Mikkel Kessler for a second

lol they do lookalike

Vanda looks like some mexican thug

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 04:19 AM
anyone else think Chavez jr looks a bit like De La Hoya? and has a stance like his too

which is ironic considering his fathers' history with DLH

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 04:24 AM
early in the fight i know but Vanda looks like a bum who had a one-off good night last time

Cooks
2nd November '08, 04:27 AM
when is the Pacquiao de la Hoya fight happening?

wanna make sure i don't miss that

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 04:27 AM
when is the Pacquiao de la Hoya fight happening?

wanna make sure i don't miss that

december

will be 15 for both the Khan come-back card and the DLH - Pacman card on sky i think

Cooks
2nd November '08, 04:31 AM
december

will be 15 for both the Khan come-back card and the DLH - Pacman card on sky i think

that is gonna be legendary

Vanda's had a good round, cant write him off yet

Trapstar
2nd November '08, 04:39 AM
lead right hands>

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 04:39 AM
Chavez jr. looks good when things are going his way, but his defensive instincts are very poor... a top guy would punish him

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 04:40 AM
lead right hands>

Vanda's sneaky as fuck

Cooks
2nd November '08, 04:51 AM
final round!

Quality Control
2nd November '08, 04:55 AM
good little fight

good night of boxing actually.....i had no intentions of staying up for this either... gotta be up at 8am :dead:

Cooks
2nd November '08, 05:00 AM
good little fight

good night of boxing actually.....i had no intentions of staying up for this either... gotta be up at 8am :dead:

yeah was alright, didnt expect it to be this good tbh

4 hours left, pointless going sleep

next 3 weeks of boxing should be good

Trapstar
4th November '08, 05:37 PM
Roy jones vs calzhage! this saturday cant wait

Quality Control
4th November '08, 05:40 PM
who's everyone supporting and who's everyone predicting will win

supporting & predicting Calzaghe myself

hopefully Jones can put up a good fight though, i reckon he'll be catching Calzaghe coming in all night, but will gas in like round 8

Cooks
4th November '08, 05:52 PM
supporting & predicting Calzaghe myself

I reckon it will be a good fight but Calzaghe will grab it at the end

Quality Control
4th November '08, 06:01 PM
Jones Jr always annoyed me

Trapstar
4th November '08, 06:02 PM
Im gonna have to go with jones.

Trapstar
4th November '08, 06:04 PM
Jones Jr always annoyed me

Im the complete opposite

Quality Control
4th November '08, 06:05 PM
Im the complete opposite

he's a great fighter but his personality gets on my nerves

Jay05
4th November '08, 10:04 PM
Logically i think Calzaghe will win

but if Jones is in real shape, he could really catch Calzaghe

Trapstar
5th November '08, 01:19 AM
anyone seen the 24/7 countdown yet?

Jay05
5th November '08, 09:15 PM
"u know its pretty peaceful when u see a dear run past" Roy Jones made me laugh

after seeing this im pretty sure Calzaghe will win. Jones didnt appear too hungry and he seemed very reminiscent about his past. Felt he should of changed his training camp and brought some1 new in.

Points win for Calzaghe or perhaps a late round knockout

Trapstar
15th November '08, 11:56 PM
barret vs haye on in roughly 5-10 mins http://www.justin.tv/em151

Alfie
16th November '08, 12:15 AM
Locked... should be a decent fight

Jay05
16th November '08, 12:18 AM

thxs 4 the link

Jay05
16th November '08, 12:27 AM
fight on now

Alfie
16th November '08, 12:30 AM
LOL@ Barratts fall

Jay05
16th November '08, 12:52 AM
This fight was v scrappy

but Haye looked powerful

would like to see haye v vitali and see if he will change his technique at all

Jay05
22nd November '08, 11:28 PM
going to try and stream this later

post up ne links

thxs

RIP Jakey
22nd November '08, 11:46 PM
going to try and stream this later

post up ne links

thxs

Alfie
22nd November '08, 11:46 PM
www.Justin.TV

Will have it

Jay05
22nd November '08, 11:47 PM
not wrkin now

got it from justin.tv

Trapstar
22nd November '08, 11:53 PM
who is on the undercard? anyone good?

Eric Cantona
22nd November '08, 11:54 PM
On that site it just says, FBI warning, please leave the site lol

Trapstar
22nd November '08, 11:59 PM

yea wtf is that all about lol

Jay05
23rd November '08, 12:01 AM

LOL in some funny text too

i assume that maybe too many ppl were using the stream or it was a joke?

Eric Cantona
23rd November '08, 12:11 AM
Yeh there will of been loads of people raping the stream so the owner has written that, i bet alot of people fucked off as well lol

Trapstar
23rd November '08, 12:16 AM
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=24554&part=sports

Eric Cantona
23rd November '08, 04:44 AM
http://www.justin.tv/widgets/jtv_player.r3e909b04e5ea385fb0f532a9b60e12fd897ce4 06.swf?channel=em152

Here we go...

Cooks
23rd November '08, 05:13 AM
has anyone got a good quality version of it?

Alfie
23rd November '08, 05:32 AM
Alex's one is good.

Hatton should have this TBH
Landslide so far

Eric Cantona
23rd November '08, 05:48 AM
They should of let the fight go on till the end even though that pussyhole weren't throwin any more punches

Cooks
23rd November '08, 05:52 AM
come on Hatton

roll on dec 6

Quality Control
26th November '08, 03:12 AM
saturday after next biiiiiiiig boxing night... i'm hyped already

Khan's comeback (please god let him be KO'd again!) Froch fight on ITV i think and of course De La Hoya - Pacman

i really think Pacquiao can spring a surprise... but i'm rooting for DLH, think he gets a lot of undeserved hate

Cooks
26th November '08, 04:13 AM
didn't even know Khan was fighting, i'll wtch that to see him get beat on again.

i think De La Hoya will win, they fighting at welterweight?

Cooks
26th November '08, 04:34 AM
Amir Khan been sparring with Pacman

Trapstar
6th December '08, 07:27 PM
_F_jW4csyeI
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_F_jW4csyeI

Cooks
6th December '08, 07:41 PM
Qc, can you get one of them good quality streams for this fight?

Grimes
6th December '08, 08:18 PM
whats time the fight

Cooks
6th December '08, 08:27 PM
whats time the fight

which 1?

de la hoya is about 3 i think

rsl1988
6th December '08, 08:29 PM
khans is 10 i believe ?

Grimes
6th December '08, 08:47 PM
3 cool so i'll watch it when i come back

Anonymous
6th December '08, 09:34 PM
I want Pacquiao to win, though I know De La Hoya is strong favourite.

Alfie
6th December '08, 09:55 PM
Tyson Fury is huge... N/H

Good name if it's his real name

Anonymous
6th December '08, 10:42 PM
Tyson Fury is huge... N/H

Good name if it's his real name

Yeah but man looks unfit imo.

Alfie
6th December '08, 10:57 PM
Yeah but man looks unfit imo.

Yeah. he just go back from his honeymoon lol

Alfie
6th December '08, 11:19 PM
http://www.justin.tv/dd_2/popout

Jay05
6th December '08, 11:21 PM
Enzo looks in awesome shape

but Ellis was a joke

JACK
6th December '08, 11:51 PM
lol at the guy khan was fighting

odubzstahh
6th December '08, 11:55 PM
Khan did alot.

Anonymous
7th December '08, 12:17 AM
Fuck Khan

Alfie
7th December '08, 12:25 AM
Pascal Vs Froch = Fight of the year

So far

Cooks
7th December '08, 02:48 AM
I want Pacman to whoop de la Hoya tbh but i know that aint gonna happen.

de la hoya is starting to piss me off now

safe for the stream

How did Khan get on? missed it

Jay05
7th December '08, 02:50 AM

de la hoya is starting to piss me off now

safe for the stream

How did Khan get on? missed it

KO

complete mismatch

Cooks
7th December '08, 02:56 AM
KO

complete mismatch

Just watched, did good but the guy was a nobody.

Cooks
7th December '08, 03:03 AM
lol @ pacman in an Arsenal top

Anonymous
7th December '08, 03:35 AM
I just seen the fight is at 4.45am. I don't think I'm gonna be able to stay awake.

Anonymous
7th December '08, 04:19 AM
All my streams are dying.

Anonymous
7th December '08, 05:46 AM
I want Pacquiao to win.

http://siu.i.ph/photo/d/181-1/manny+pacquiao.jpg

Come on!

Anonymous
7th December '08, 05:48 AM

lol

Sinko
7th December '08, 05:48 AM
manny embarrassed him. jeez.

odubzstahh
7th December '08, 05:50 AM
Pacman fucked De la Hoya's shit up boy.
I knew it was gonna happened doe.

Trapstar
7th December '08, 05:50 AM
dominated