Numancia 1-0 Barcelona
Athletic 1-3 Almería
Atlético Madrid 4-0 Malaga
Betis 0-1 Recreativo
Sporting 1-2 Getafe
Racing 1-1 Sevilla
Osasuna 1-1 Villarreal
Deportivo 2-1 Real Madrid

After all the hype surrounding Barcelona in the Spanish press this year- Pep Guardirola bringing back the old tradition, getting rid of Ronaldinho etc, they looked fucking shocking yesterday. Must have had 50 attempts at goal at least honest to god, nothing got anywhere near.
Madrid haven't beat Deportivo in 15 years away so that result was hardly surprising if you believe in all that stuff. Deportivo just didn't let them play at all really.

Haven't watched any of the other games yet but Atletico Malaga looks sick anyway.

Xtra P
1st September '08, 02:40 PM
First set of results;

Espanyol 1-0 Valladolid
Valencia 3-0 Mallorca
Numancia 1-0 Barcelona
Athletic 1-3 Almería
Atlético Madrid 4-0 Malaga
Betis 0-1 Recreativo
Sporting 1-2 Getafe
Racing 1-1 Sevilla
Osasuna 1-1 Villarreal
Deportivo 2-1 Real Madrid

After all the hype surrounding Barcelona in the Spanish press this year- Pep Guardirola bringing back the old tradition, getting rid of Ronaldinho etc, they looked fucking shocking yesterday. Must have had 50 attempts at goal at least honest to god, nothing got anywhere near.
Madrid haven't beat Deportivo in 15 years away so that result was hardly surprising if you believe in all that stuff. Deportivo just didn't let them play at all really.

Haven't watched any of the other games yet but Atletico Malaga looks sick anyway.

:laugh:

Eric Cantona
1st September '08, 02:42 PM
I seen Messi have got the number 10 shirt at Barca. I stil Real Madrid will win the league again this season, there squad is much stronger then Barcelona's.

JACK
1st September '08, 02:50 PM
is it just me that thinks spanish league is overpriced, overhyped, and not so entertaining to watch at all

premiership >> french league 1 >> championship/portuguese/brazilian league >> ____ >> any other league football >> ____ >> italian football lol

Famous?
1st September '08, 04:09 PM
No, who could forget the madrid barca rivalry 2 seasons ago that went right down to the wire? ANNND as for Barca not getting close, did u not see Eto's header go just wide and Messi's free kick hit the inside of the post?

Ryddel
5th September '08, 02:24 PM
is it just me that thinks spanish league is overpriced, overhyped, and not so entertaining to watch at all

premiership >> french league 1 >> championship/portuguese/brazilian league >> ____ >> any other league football >> ____ >> italian football lol

EPL? Especially the first part of it, It is over hyped slightly only "4 teams" in one league and 16 in the other.

I thought that at first it's just because they play at a slower tempo, than the EPL is played at and focus a lot more on breaking teams down by passing it around them, plus they have some of the best flair players in the world

Pristine Condition
5th September '08, 07:28 PM
No, who could forget the madrid barca rivalry 2 seasons ago that went right down to the wire? ANNND as for Barca not getting close, did u not see Eto's header go just wide and Messi's free kick hit the inside of the post?

Get me!!

Any other of day, they would of won.

LOL @ people, dismissing Barca. tut tut.

Jay05
7th September '08, 09:18 PM
Barca lack another forward, they got rid of a lot of their wage bill this summer. Reals squad is far stronger

Ronaldinho
Zambrotta
Thruam
Deco